Proc Monsters - Controller Edition

Sir Myshkin

Hi im building a proc Monster but have a question about the weird wording of the Dps procs,,,they say blah blah cancel on a miss,critters. what does critters mean...does this mean only minions are hit by dps procs or that on a miss minions take no damage...what im trying to get to, is.... do dps procs work on liet/bosses and higher?

thx

1 hour ago, cairourchin said:

Hi im building a proc Monster but have a question about the weird wording of the Dps procs,,,they say blah blah cancel on a miss,critters. what does critters mean...does this mean only minions are hit by dps procs or that on a miss minions take no damage...what im trying to get to, is.... do dps procs work on liet/bosses and higher?

thx

The damage procs will hit on any enemy target in the game, there's no restriction there. In the event you see "Critter" versus "Player" there are some that have different values/impacts in PvP (Player), but "Critter" is classed as any enemy in the game that you could/can target and deal damage to (excluding other player characters).

@Sir MyshkinGreat work as always! I have followed your proc-monster threads in the other AT forums, but I have never played a Controller, at least not in any meaningful way (I seem to remember a lowbie Controller back during Live that was single-digit in level). I was thinking of trying Earth/Cold so I immediately read through this thread for pointers. Earth is obviously a proc-winner (as your tests show)...does Cold have any worthwhile proc-potential?

43 minutes ago, TungstenShark said:

does Cold have any worthwhile proc-potential?

The rest of it not so much, but Infrigidate works awesomely with procs. Achilles Heel and 3x Damage procs in it turn it from a weak power into an excellent 190 damage attack with just over a second animation, 18% -Res, and some other nice debuffs.

I'm building the Gravity Control/Time Manipulation/Primal Forces Mastery proc monster.  In the build, the only Incarnate power shown is Intuition Radial Paragon.

What other Incarnate powers should I get?

Thank you for the build!  It works amazingly!

Edited by Display Name

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

On 11/6/2019 at 10:10 PM, Display Name said:

What other Incarnate powers should I get?

What ever you want!

That particular combination, so long as you're actively using Lift and Wormhole, will have Perma Chrono-Shift, which in turn fuels the rest of the build sufficiently enough. You could add Ageless if you wanted for more endurance management/recharge, but it's not entirely needed. You could take Clarion and have the full package of mez protection and defense, or grab Rebirth if you wanted another mega-heal. The Interface is also entirely up to you, Degenerative or Reactive are usually the go-to's for things like AV's and such but if you're team-focused than I'd steer into something else. Hybrid... again go nuts, pick up one that adds more mez protection options maybe? The choices are really up to you! The Intuition Alpha is purely there to support a myriad of options along with (primarily) the damage component to boost your attacks to their capacity.

On 10/23/2019 at 7:48 AM, blazingcoconut said:

If your goal is to do as much single target damage as possible...

Siesmic Smash is as good as it gets for controllers and single target damage.  Drop fissure and proc out siesmic smash as it's amazing at boss killing.

I wanted to try that crazy Seismic Smash slotting out for myself.  I just whomped an orange-con Death Mage with it.  The results were... extreme.

I mean, even if that second 188.76 is an error (I don't think containment applies to pool powers??) , I just smacked an orange for 632 damage with one punch.

HolyCrap.PNG

Edited by roleki

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

• 1 month later

Okay, so I've been trying to put together a Proc build for my Mind/Kin, and, while there are some benefits to this combo, it became clear why Sir Myshkin didn't go into too much detail with either set.

Neither set is very "proc hungry". Dominate and Total Domination are the powers that got the most proc-love, and I wound up skipping nearly half of the Kinetics secondary except for Transfusion, Siphon Speed, Transference and Fulcrum Shift. I used the rest of the powers as glorified set and lotg mules; Mind Control takes several purple sets: Ranged damage, Targeted AoE damage, Sleep, Hold, Confuse, and of course the ATO sets. The trick was trying to figure out how to get perma-hasten so that my main AoE weapon, Total Dom, wouldn't take forever and a day to recharge when loaded with procs. But, I got it (barely), with Perma IW aaalllllmost there! I made some slotting choices I wouldn't normally (I put the ATO in Mesmerize, which I usually slot as a damage power), but after applying some out-of-the-box thinking, I got it to work!

As an aside, I also eschewed using the confuse powers as damage powers, even though they could feasibly fit several damage procs each. The reason for this choice was two-fold: One, I needed the set bonuses from the Confuse sets intact; and two, the confuse powers in Mind do not notify foes by default, and damage procs throw that right out the window. Also, I have enough damage powers to keep me busy, I don't need to be tempted to toss out my confuse powers for no reason!

This build is an "all purpose" build. I put that in quotes because it's not optimal for teaming (no SB, sorry!), but I wasn't laser-focused on beating up a pylon with it, either. I was looking for something that could help take down groups as well as hard targets, without making the build sacrifices needed to ensure survivability against a pylon. That said, it has about 20% ranged defense with everything active, and a smattering of extra resistance and health, so it's not a complete wimp (my first attempt at a proc monster was VERY squishy!). It has the damage to take down a +2 AV at a decent speed, but I'll admit that was in AE with invincibility turned on; it would be a different story if I had to heal myself every 6 seconds!

There's a few things that could be changed. I could put a damage proc in Siphon Speed, but half the time I use it on sleeping foes and then they wake up mad. Similar story with Weaken Resolve, which I semi-reluctantly decided to keep as a pure debuff power, despite the extra damage I could get out of it with a few damage procs.

If I decide to do a Pylon run, I'd have to make the build more survivable and single-target focused, but for now this is what I'm going for, unless anyone has any good ideas as to what else I could do with it!

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

PSI Procs: Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Mind Control
Secondary Power Set: Kinetics
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Force of Will
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Mesmerize
*  (A) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Confused/Hold/Immobilize/Sleep/Stun/Terrorized: Level 50
*  (3) Superior Will of the Controller - Confused/Hold/Immobilize/Sleep/Stun/Terrorized/Recharge: Level 50
*  (3) Superior Will of the Controller - Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
*  (5) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Confused/Hold/Immobilize/Sleep/Stun/Terrorized/Endurance: Level 50
*  (5) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Confused/Hold/Immobilize/Sleep/Stun/Terrorized/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
*  (7) Superior Will of the Controller - Recharge/Chance for Psionic Damage: Level 50

Level 1: Transfusion
*  (A) Touch of the Nictus - Healing: Level 50
*  (7) Touch of the Nictus - Heal/HitPoints/Regeneration/Recharge: Level 50
*  (9) Touch of the Nictus - Accuracy/Healing: Level 50
*  (9) Touch of the Nictus - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50

Level 2: Levitate
*  (A) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic): Level 50
*  (11) Apocalypse - Damage: Level 50
*  (11) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50
*  (13) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge: Level 50
*  (13) Apocalypse - Damage/Endurance: Level 50
*  (15) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative): Level 50

Level 4: Dominate
*  (A) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic): Level 50
*  (15) Gladiator's Net - Chance of Damage(Lethal): Level 50
*  (17) Neuronic Shutdown - Chance of Damage(Psionic): Level 30
*  (17) Ghost Widow's Embrace - Chance of Damage(Psionic): Level 50
*  (19) Unbreakable Constraint - Chance for Smashing Damage: Level 50
*  (19) Lockdown - Chance for +2 Mag Hold: Level 50

Level 6: Confuse
*  (A) Malaise's Illusions - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50
*  (21) Malaise's Illusions - Endurance/Confused: Level 50
*  (21) Malaise's Illusions - Accuracy/Endurance: Level 50
*  (23) Malaise's Illusions - Confused/Range: Level 50
*  (23) Malaise's Illusions - Accuracy/Confused/Recharge: Level 50

Level 8: Mass Hypnosis
*  (A) Fortunata Hypnosis - Sleep: Level 50
*  (25) Fortunata Hypnosis - Sleep/Recharge: Level 50
*  (25) Fortunata Hypnosis - Accuracy/Sleep/Recharge: Level 50
*  (27) Fortunata Hypnosis - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50
*  (27) Fortunata Hypnosis - Sleep/Endurance: Level 50

Level 10: Fly
*  (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points): Level 50

Level 12: Hover
*  (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 50
*  (40) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All): Level 50

Level 14: Siphon Speed
*  (A) Accuracy IO: Level 50

Level 16: Weaken Resolve
*  (A) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 20

Level 18: Total Domination
*  (A) Unbreakable Constraint - Hold: Level 50
*  (29) Unbreakable Constraint - Accuracy/Hold/Recharge: Level 50
*  (29) Unbreakable Constraint - Hold/Recharge: Level 50
*  (31) Unbreakable Constraint - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50
*  (31) Unbreakable Constraint - Endurance/Hold: Level 50
*  (31) Lockdown - Chance for +2 Mag Hold: Level 50

Level 20: Project Will
*  (A) Devastation - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
*  (46) Devastation - Damage/Endurance: Level 50
*  (46) Devastation - Damage/Recharge: Level 50
*  (50) Devastation - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 50

Level 22: Wall of Force
*  (A) Explosive Strike - Chance for Smashing Damage: Level 20
*  (33) Positron's Blast - Damage/Range: Level 50
*  (33) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy): Level 50
*  (33) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
*  (34) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50
*  (34) Positron's Blast - Damage/Endurance: Level 50

Level 24: Unleash Potential
*  (42) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50

Level 26: Terrify
*  (A) Glimpse of the Abyss - Chance of Damage(Psionic): Level 50
*  (34) Positron's Blast - Damage/Range: Level 50
*  (36) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy): Level 50
*  (36) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
*  (36) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50
*  (37) Positron's Blast - Damage/Endurance: Level 50

Level 28: Hasten
*  (A) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50
*  (37) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50

Level 30: Maneuvers
*  (46) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage: Level 50

Level 32: Mass Confusion
*  (A) Coercive Persuasion  - Confused: Level 50
*  (37) Coercive Persuasion  - Confused/Recharge: Level 50
*  (39) Coercive Persuasion  - Accuracy/Confused/Recharge: Level 50
*  (39) Coercive Persuasion  - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50
*  (39) Coercive Persuasion  - Confused/Endurance: Level 50
*  (40) Coercive Persuasion  - Contagious Confusion: Level 50

Level 35: Transference
*  (A) Performance Shifter - EndMod/Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50
*  (40) Efficacy Adaptor - EndMod/Accuracy/Recharge: Level 50

Level 38: Fulcrum Shift
*  (A) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50

Level 41: Indomitable Will
*  (42) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge: Level 50
*  (42) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
*  (43) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50

Level 44: Mind Over Body
*  (A) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP: Level 50
*  (45) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All): Level 50
*  (45) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%: Level 30

Level 47: Psionic Tornado
*  (A) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge: Level 21
*  (48) Positron's Blast - Damage/Range: Level 50
*  (48) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy): Level 50
*  (48) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
*  (50) Positron's Blast - Damage/Endurance: Level 50
*  (50) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 50

Level 49: Afterburner

Level 1: Brawl
*  (A) Empty

Level 1: Containment
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash
*  (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide
*  (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick
*  (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush
*  (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge
*  (A) Empty

Level 1: Sprint
*  (A) Empty

Level 2: Rest
*  (A) Empty

Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift
*  (A) Flight Speed IO: Level 50

Level 2: Health
*  (A) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb: Level 50
*  (43) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery: Level 50
*  (45) Miracle - +Recovery: Level 40

Level 2: Hurdle
*  (A) Jumping IO: Level 50

Level 2: Stamina
*  (A) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End: Level 50
*  (43) Performance Shifter - EndMod: Level 50

Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:
* 17.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
* 17.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
* 17.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
* 17.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
* 17.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
* 17.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
* 17.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
* 17.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
* 6% Defense(Melee)
* 6% Defense(Smashing)
* 6% Defense(Lethal)
* 6% Defense(Fire)
* 6% Defense(Cold)
* 11% Defense(Energy)
* 11% Defense(Negative)
* 6% Defense(Psionic)
* 16% Defense(Ranged)
* 6% Defense(AoE)
* 4% Enhancement(Held)
* 4% Enhancement(Stunned)
* 4.4% Enhancement(Terrorized)
* 8% Enhancement(Immobilized)
* 8% Enhancement(Sleep)
* 5% Enhancement(Heal)
* 112.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
* 81% Enhancement(Accuracy)
* 10.5% Enhancement(Confused)
* 7.5% SpeedFlying
* GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10 % chance, if Scourge)
* 160.2 HP (15.76%) HitPoints
* 7.5% JumpHeight
* 7.5% SpeedJumping
* Knockback (Mag -4)
* Knockup (Mag -4)
* MezResist(Confused) 31.25%
* MezResist(Held) 31.25%
* MezResist(Immobilized) 31.25%
* MezResist(Sleep) 31.25%
* MezResist(Stunned) 31.25%
* MezResist(Terrorized) 31.25%
* MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20 % chance)
* 22% (0.37 End/sec) Recovery
* 38% (1.61 HP/sec) Regeneration
* 8% Resistance(Smashing)
* 26.75% Resistance(Fire)
* 26.75% Resistance(Cold)
* 8% Resistance(Energy)
* 8% Resistance(Negative)
* 8% Resistance(Toxic)
* 8% Resistance(Psionic)
* 8% Resistance(Lethal)
* 7.5% SpeedRunning

Mind Control is tough. It lacks the Containment options of other builds.

Back when I used to play it, I used to take the Power APP so I could get Power Boost. Power Boosted Total Domination provides the best available AoE Containment. You also get Energy Torrent, which plays well with the Fear power (kd'ed enemies don't shoot back or run).

Since you have Weaken Resolve did you also take Force of Will? Terorrize > Energy Torrent > Force of Will seems like a great chain. FoW also has knockdown, useful for reasons stated above.

Put a chance to knockdown in Terrorize to further complete the knockdown fun.

Edited by oedipus_tex

You're right, which is why I've had a tough time deciding what sets to put where. Mind really works best with a secondary that has some control options in it, like Rad or Time, but, I was stubborn about recreating my main from Live as she was =P Anyway, Terrorize -> Psinado -> Wall of Force is pretty decent, but it takes forever to activate and animate. They're all over 2 seconds each, and then psinado is a DoT on top of it, though minions are usually dead before I even cast the third AoE, just leaving LTs and bosses. Energy Torrent or Fireball would be better, as they're 1 second and do all their damage up front (well, fireball has a minor DoT, but that's added after the main blast). And I guess I could live without Indomitable Will, especially since I only think to click it AFTER I've been mezzed >_>

The only problem I'm seeing is that I'd like to take Temp invuln/Energy Torrent /Power Boost, but... it looks like I have to take Power Blast or Conserve Power first. Which means I'd have to drop another power just to get the three I want, which is probably going to be an lotg mule. I'll play around with it and see if the powerboost and quicker attack outweigh the recharge bonus. Though since I have a few slots to play around with, I can probably find some recharge bonus somewhere and make up for it that way!

Just to look at things from the other end of the tube (so to speak) ... consider this:

9 Mind primary powers

9 Kinetics secondary powers

1 Speed pool power pick for Hasten

3 Primal Forces Mastery pool picks for Conserve Energy, Energy Torrent and Power Boost

= 22 total power picks ... leaving 2 more (for travel or whatever)

I would argue that if you were going to "skip" getting a travel power (because you've got Inertial Reduction and Ninja Run in this formulation) you could go ahead and pick up Assault and Tactics (Maneuvers just isn't that useful to you in a lockdown build) ... and you'd be at 24 power picks.

I would argue that the most "skippable" powers in Mind and Kinetics would actually be Telekinesis and Repel ... for "opposite ends of the burning candle" reasons.  Telekinesis just isn't worth it with a max 5 $Targets limit on it (it just isn't, sadly) ... and Repel is of little use in a build that can lock $Targets down as easily as Mind Control can.  Confused/Sleeping/Held/Terrorized $Targets don't come charging into melee range all that often.  So at the very least, Repel can get dropped for Hover (the other way to keep stuff out of melee range that's more useful than Repel).

So swap Repel for Hover (or Mystic Flight, I'm not picky) and drop Telekinesis for Vengeance (trust me, you'll use Vengeance more often than you'll use Telekinesis) so as to put a Luck of the Gambler into Vengeance as a One Slot Wonder™ set mule, and Assault is another One Slot Wonder™ for you so as to save slots for elsewhere.  Or keep Telekinesis and 2 slot it for endurance reduction only so as to combo it with Conserve Power (after Telekinesis gets toggled on) so as to be able to afford to attack with Telekinesis running (for 90s).

Slot Energy Torrent with a Force Feedback proc (in addition to whatever else you slot into it) and just use Energy Torrent as often as possible on groups to leech even more recharge from them.  I personally recommend the following slotting 5 Positron's Blast (with proc) plus the Force Feedback proc and deliberately avoiding the Dam/Rech IO in the Positron's set so as to maximize the proc chance for Energy Torrent.  Between Siphon Speed (which stacks up to 3 times!), the Force Feedback proc and Hasten you should have not only perma-Hasten but pretty much all the recharge you "need" in the build to bring up Total Domination and Mass Confusion more often.  And with Power Boost increasing the durations on all mez powers (and recharging twice as fast as those AoE controls) you should have Power Boost available every time you want to use an AoE control.

After that it's basically just details of what powers get picked when and how many slots to put into them.

One other thing I'll mention is that I personally like putting 5 slots of Call of the Sandman (skip the Sleep/Range IO) into Mass Hypnosis so as to use the power as a Heal(!) if needed.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Redlynne gives some good advice. However, do you think Assault is really the best option here?

Personally my recommendation is if she must take 2 Leadership powers as a Kinetics character, she should take Maneuvers and Tactics. Tactics will then let her underslot her Kin powers that roll To Hit (which is basically all of them). Kinetics provides terrible slotting options so her build will only improve the more you avoid having to deal with them.

In fact, with Tactics selected, if she then takes Vigor as her Alpha slot (+Accuracy, Heal, Endurance Reduction, Fear Duration, Confuse Duration, Sleep Duration) she can probably put almost no slots in most Kin powers. It may be necessary to also add the Kismet IO in a defense power to ensure enough overall Accuracy, but that seems extremely promising.

6 hours ago, oedipus_tex said:

It may be necessary to also add the Kismet IO in a defense power to ensure enough overall Accuracy, but that seems extremely promising.

That thought occurred to me as I was reading what you wrote.  Swapping Assault for Maneuvers and then slotting Kismet +6% Accuracy ToHit would certainly be useful under conditions in which additional +ToHit is desired (which amounts to "always" in effect) so as to relieve the pressure on slotting up Kinetics powers for accuracy.  So that's another option.

IifneyR.gif

In the build i posted, i already skipped TK and half the Kin powers to make room for the Force of Will set, as well as Hover/Fly/Afterburner. The 3 powers I'd want from the energy pool have prereqs, meaning I'd have to take power blast or conserve power. As it stands, I dropped Afterburner and put an extra slot in Transfusion, and slotted up the Pacnea set (i think?) which gave me back the +7.5% recharge I lost from dropping AB. I don't have mids in front of me right now, but I'm pretty sure I'm not fitting in tactics anywhere!

Edited by EmperorSteele

2 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

In the build i posted, i already skipped TK and half the Kin powers to make room for the Force of Will set, as well as Hover/Fly/Afterburner. The 3 powers I'd want from the energy pool have prereqs, meaning I'd have to take power blast or conserve power. As it stands, I dropped Afterburner and put an extra slot in Transfusion, and slotted up the Pacnea set (i think?) which gave me back the +7.5% recharge I lost from dropping AB. I don't have mids in front of me right now, but I'm pretty sure I'm not fitting in tactics anywhere!

My apologies EmperorSteele, I didn't actually see the build embedded in the concealed part of the post.

You've made some choices I'm not sure I'd make myself. I don't want to nitpick, so please disregard if you've thought this through already. And thank you for sharing your build. I hope this doesn't seem too critical. 🙂

• Speed Boost. I noticed you skipped this power. Unless you never team, I do not recommend this. Speed Boost is one of the best powers in the game. If you add it back, single slot it with 1 endurance mod IO.
  • Siphon Power. Regardless of whether you team, I would not skip this. This is one of your most important sources of +damage when fighting single targets.
  • Mass Hypnosis. You slotted Fortunate Hypnosis (purple sleep set) which is fine. I would adjust the slotting:
    • Remove the Sleep Duration IO
    • Replace with Chance for Placate. This will cause your Sleep power to occasionally Placate mobs (that is, they are unable to attack you again until you damage them--this is like a higher level Sleep)
    • In the sixth slot I would put Overpowering Presence: Chance for Energy Font. I don't believe this wakes mobs (someone correct me if wrong)
  • Mesmerize. If you take this, slot it as an attack, not as a Control power. It's currently slotted with a pure Control set. Personally I'd skip this, or, if you keep it, slot with Thunderstrike for extra range defense. Don't put damage procs here or it ruins the Sleep, and the Mag 3.5 Sleep is the only reason to consider this.
    • EDIT: Disregard this. Procs should be fine unless they cause DoT, which no proc I know of does.
  • Terrify. I think losing a little bit of Recharge here to max out proc potential is a good gamble. Remember, you're going to be spamming Siphon Speed. The slotting below assumes good overall global Accuracy.
    • Positron's Blast: Chance for Energy Damage
    • Cloud Senses: Chance for Negative Damage
    • Glimpse of the Abyss: Chance for Neg damage
    • Overwhelming Force: KB to Knockdown / 20% KD chance
    • Ragnorak: Damage 
    • Ragnorak: KD Chance
      • NOTE: Having 2 sources of knockdown will every now and then turn it into knockback. However this will be rare and still well worth it. 
      • NOTE 2: If you already feel pretty good about your ability to saturate max Damage with Fulcrum Shift, you can skip the Ragnarok: Damage. This depends a lot on your average mob size.
  • Fly / Afterburner. This is truly your choice. However, fun as these powers are, IMO they detract from the overall build. 
  • Unleash Potential. Other than the fact that it provides a place for Luck of the Gambler, I'm not a fan of this power when you could instead slot into an "all the time" defense power. However, disregard this advice if you disagree.
  • Tactics. You didn't take this, as you mentioned. However, looking at the overall build, it seems apparent this power would serve you greatly. You'd get to shortchange Accuracy slotting in Transfusion, Siphon Power, Siphon Speed, Fulcrum Shift, and all of your attacks. I'd take another look at build options and decide if there is any power you can live without.
Edited by oedipus_tex

Actually, can someone spot check me on my recommendation above? Slotting Ragnaorak: KD Chance and Overwhelming Force: KB to KD rolls two seperate KD checks, right? KB to KD in a "true" knockback power will convert it to KD, but in a power with no KD am I correct it will roll for 20% knockdown?

Most of what you suggested I already have on my main build (siphon power, speed boost, Mes as an attack - the only reason it's not here is because I wanted to fit the ATO set somewhere!), this is just a "how much can i abuse procs" build. I'll definitely take the gamble of proccing out Terrify or my epic AoE, but I really wanted to make sure I had enough recharge and damage without having to break up my attack chain to continually buff. I don't know the math, but my experience playing this combo makes me feel like I'd be doing less damage over time if i'm constantly ceasing my attack chain to cast Siphon Speed and Siphon Power (especially versus hard targets with lots of regen). But, hopefully the procs (which are not affected by +dam buffs, iirc) would make up for that?

Still, only one way to find out! I'll jump on test and try some of these out!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

makes me feel like I'd be doing less damage over time if i'm constantly ceasing my attack chain to cast Siphon Speed and Siphon Power

Siphon Speed ... I always used this as a travel power.  Pick random $Target in zone, Siphon them ... "superspeed" run to wherever you need to get to.

And that didn't include what I'd be doing in combat when I wanted my long recharge time powers to recharge faster.

Also, Siphon Speed will boost Fly speeds (including Hover), so that's another benefit for travel.

Siphon Power ... you do know that when you use it you buff all Allies in a PBAoE around you ... right?  You aren't just leeching for yourself.  You put -20% Damage for 30s on your $Target and give +Damage buffing to the Team you've got around you.

For both of these powers, rather than working them into the rotation as a "standard" thing to do, instead you simply use them "whenever you can" so as to boost your recharge and damage (at the expense of your $Targets).

9 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

i already skipped TK and half the Kin powers to make room for the Force of Will set, as well as Hover/Fly/Afterburner.

And that's why I wanted to provide you an alternative.

Personally, I'd put the Force of Will pool at a lower priority than getting Power Boost.  I'd also argue that getting Hover, Fly AND Afterburner is a waste when you could have Siphon Speed, Inertial Reduction and Mystic Flight instead ... a combo that gives you running, jumping, flying AND teleporting(!) with just 3 power picks and which will all have additional uses beyond just merely easy travel.  Likewise, adding Tactics will be enormously beneficial to you ... especially in Teams if you One Slot Wonder™ it with a Gaussian's Build Up proc, not to mention in League play(!!).

IifneyR.gif

3 minutes ago, oedipus_tex said:

A nice thing about Siphon Speed compared to a "real" travel power is the speed does not suppress when you are in combat.

Always had fun using that for "drive by" attacks when out street sweeping ...

IifneyR.gif

On 1/2/2020 at 10:36 PM, Redlynne said:

Siphon Speed ... I always used this as a travel power.  Pick random $Target in zone, Siphon them ... "superspeed" run to wherever you need to get to.

And that didn't include what I'd be doing in combat when I wanted my long recharge time powers to recharge faster.

Also, Siphon Speed will boost Fly speeds (including Hover), so that's another benefit for travel.

Siphon Power ... you do know that when you use it you buff all Allies in a PBAoE around you ... right?  You aren't just leeching for yourself.  You put -20% Damage for 30s on your $Target and give +Damage buffing to the Team you've got around you.

For both of these powers, rather than working them into the rotation as a "standard" thing to do, instead you simply use them "whenever you can" so as to boost your recharge and damage (at the expense of your $Targets).

This is how I normally do things, anyway!

On 1/2/2020 at 10:36 PM, Redlynne said:

And that's why I wanted to provide you an alternative.

Personally, I'd put the Force of Will pool at a lower priority than getting Power Boost.  I'd also argue that getting Hover, Fly AND Afterburner is a waste when you could have Siphon Speed, Inertial Reduction and Mystic Flight instead ... a combo that gives you running, jumping, flying AND teleporting(!) with just 3 power picks and which will all have additional uses beyond just merely easy travel.  Likewise, adding Tactics will be enormously beneficial to you ... especially in Teams if you One Slot Wonder™ it with a Gaussian's Build Up proc, not to mention in League play(!!).

The main reason I wanted Force of Will was for the def/res debuff, an extra AoE attack, and a lotg mule (plus flight without Afterburner is SO SLOW in comparison now!).  Siphon Speed, Inertial reduction and Mystic Flight don't cover ANY of these! One thing I kinda forgot about though was Temp powers (jet packs, rocket board, etc), so I totally could skip fly/afterburner and pick other powers instead (forgoing the lotg perhaps) and rely on Hover/Siphon Speed in combat.

Tell me, because I honestly don't know, what's the benefit of Tactics (besides the build up proc) if I already have 95% hit chance, though?

Edited by EmperorSteele
spelling

11 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

Tell me, because I honestly don't know, what's the benefit of Tactics (besides the build up proc) if I already have 95% hit chance, though?

The main reason to take Tactics is so you can short change Accuracy slotting in other powers, and therefor "cheat" your way past normal slotting limitations. This also works well for sets like Kinetic where lots of powers roll ToHit but have crappy slotting options. I haven't looked super closely at your build to see if it applies, but it works out for a lot of builds. 

Taking an Alpha slot with Accuracy in it can be helpful as well.

Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

Is that 95% chance to hit versus +0 $Targets?

Because I can tell you right now that if you're going to be fighting stuff above your level, you're going to need more than just (a mere) 95% chance to hit a +0 $Target ...

/em gives you a knowing look

IifneyR.gif