Flavour of the Month: Power Percentages

Cipher

• City Council

After torturing our database servers some more, I decided to generate a searchable and sort-able table of all of the powers in the game (Primary and Secondary power sets that is) along with the number and percentage of players that took them relative to the number of players that have the power set. Note that this data was pulled from level 50s only and that every variation of each power set (e.g. Scrapper and Brute's Fiery Aura) are isolated.

The table can be found at https://forums.homecomingservers.com/fotm-powers/

Edit: Some powers still have shortened or internal names rather than their full names. Just search a bit and you should find what you're looking for 🙂

Enjoy!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• Cipher pinned this topic
  • City Council

Updated the data / table to swap out internal names for display names and add the level that each power becomes available at.

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Interesting to see the number of people who skip kinetics Repel and superstrength Hand Clap, even though these powers are now great mitigation tools with KB-to-KD IOs. Old habits die hard. Even Bonfire only has a ~60% pick rate, and that's with AoE immobilizes suppressing KB now.

• Like 2

Thanks Cipher! And since I can't help myself, here's a few observations I found interesting...

Most desirable T9 (Primary or Secondary)

These are the least skippable T9s according to how people select their powers, and I've picked those >98%. Special note to Pendulum for Battle Axe which appeared twice; once for Brutes and again for Scrappers.

Spoiler
Power Set Category Power Count Level Available Percentage
Battle Axe Brute Melee Pendulum 69 32 100
Broad Sword Stalker Melee Head Splitter 127 32 100
Ninja Blade Stalker Melee Golden Dragonfly 146 32 99.32
Nature Affinity Defender Buff Overgrowth 182 32 98.91
Staff Fighting Scrapper Melee Sky Splitter 226 32 98.69
Broad Sword Scrapper Melee Head Splitter 287 32 98.63
Time Manipulation Defender Buff Chrono Shift 248 32 98.41
Street Justice Tanker Melee Crushing Uppercut 186 38 98.41
Katana Scrapper Melee Golden Dragonfly 370 32 98.4
Street Justice Stalker Melee Crushing Uppercut 289 32 98.3
Electrical Blast Blaster Ranged Thunderous Blast 392 32 98.25
Assault Rifle Sentinel Ranged Full Auto 55 32 98.21
Stone Armor Tanker Defense Granite Armor 474 32 98.14
Battle Axe Scrapper Melee Pendulum 50 32 98.04
Temporal Manipulation Blaster Support Time Lord 737 38 98.01

Least desirable T9 (Primary or Secondary)

These are the most skipped T9s out of the level 50s; for this selection, I'm showing those powers which were picked less than half of the time. Special note goes to Time Bomb which is the bottom three, claiming that spot with every support archetype that can play Traps: Defenders, Controllers and Corruptors!

Spoiler
Traps Defender Buff Time Bomb 8 32 18.6
Traps Controller Buff Time Bomb 10 38 19.23
Traps Corruptor Buff Time Bomb 16 38 30.77
Fiery Aura Brute Defense Rise of The Phoenix 3205 38 31.79
Night Widow Training Widow Training Psychic Scream 127 32 32.32
Traps Mastermind Buff Detonator 75 38 32.33
Ice Manipulation Blaster Support Frozen Aura 111 38 33.74
Widow Teamwork Teamwork Elude 151 38 37.19
Plant Manipulation Blaster Support Spore Cloud 176 38 37.53
Fiery Aura Stalker Defense Rise of The Phoenix 18 38 41.86
Trick Arrow Controller Buff EMP Arrow 22 38 44
Ice Blast Sentinel Ranged Blizzard 96 32 46.15
Super Reflexes Sentinel Defense Elude 84 38 49.12
Radiation Emission Corruptor Buff EM Pulse 250 38 49.31

Least popular anywhere

Here's the list of all powers taken less than 15% of the time. There's quite a few named Confront, and a few others that do the same thing but with different names.

Spoiler

Widow Training Widow Training Confront 25 18 4.18
Sonic Resonance Corruptor Buff Sonic Repulsion 6 28 8.96
War Mace Scrapper Melee Confront 12 12 9.23
Dark Miasma Corruptor Buff Black Hole 31 35 9.57
Radiation Melee Scrapper Melee Confront 25 12 9.62
Titan Weapons Scrapper Melee Confront 53 12 9.64
Arachnos Soldier Arachnos Soldiers Pummel 51 1 9.86
Kinetics Controller Buff Repel 245 4 9.98
Electrical Melee Scrapper Melee Confront 50 12 10.04
Darkness Affinity Controller Buff Black Hole 73 35 10.22
Arachnos Soldier Arachnos Soldiers Bayonet 60 12 11.61
Sonic Resonance Mastermind Buff Sonic Cage 7 10 11.67
Fiery Melee Scrapper Melee Confront 18 12 11.92
Luminous Aura Peacebringer Defensive Group Energy Flight 82 16 12.06
Sonic Resonance Defender Buff Sonic Cage 14 6 12.28
Dark Melee Scrapper Melee Confront 41 12 12.31
Broad Sword Scrapper Melee Confront 38 12 13.06
Spines Scrapper Melee Confront 65 12 13.66
Katana Scrapper Melee Calling The Wolf 52 12 13.83
Martial Arts Scrapper Melee Warriors Challenge 52 12 14.36
Street Justice Scrapper Melee Confront 43 12 14.53
Dark Miasma Defender Buff Black Hole 28 26 14.58
Kinetics Corruptor Buff Repel 135 4 14.74
Psionic Melee Scrapper Melee Confront 42 12 14.84
Kinetic Melee Scrapper Melee Confront 16 12 14.95

I think it's broken badge

Has two eligible:

1. Martial Combat - Reach For The Limit, with 990 examples of it and 193.74% of all Blasters taking it! Assuming that it grants the power twice (per the customisation screen), there's more like 96.87%.

2. Secondaries, in general. Somehow, not all level 50s have their Level 1 Secondary. For instance, there's a Tactical Arrow Blaster without their T1. Your guess is as good as mine...

You might be doing it wrong badge...

A tongue in cheek poke at the 'When you think someone is playing their AT wrong' thread located here... (caution, it's flamey)

Spoiler

...there's just a few Stalkers who somehow missed taking their assassinate power at level 50. There are:

Spoiler

Street Justice - Assassin's Strike: 99.66%

Psionic Melee - Assassin's Psi Blade: 99.61%

Savage Melee - Assassin's Frenzy: 99.29%

Staff Fighting - Assassin's Staff: 99.15%

Electric Melee - Assassin's Shock: 99.13%

Radiation Melee - Assassin's Corruption: 99.11%

Dark Melee - Assassin's Eclipse: 98.8%

Claws - Assassin's Claw: 98.73%

These aren't the only exceptions though. Here's the list of Tanker Defence powers that were taken 100% of the time - if it's not on the list, there's someone at 50 without it. That means there's Willpower Tankers without Rise to the Challenge (98.65%), or Invulnerability Tankers without Invincibility (98.25%)

Spoiler

Shield Defense Tanker Defense Battle Agility 376 1 100
Dark Armor Tanker Defense Dark Embrace 250 1 100
Super Reflexes Tanker Defense Dodge 96 8 100
Super Reflexes Tanker Defense Focused Senses 96 1 100
Radiation Armor Tanker Defense Gamma Boost 463 1 100

Blaster Quirks...

Here's some unusual observations:

• There's not a single Blaster primary power taken 100% of the time. The closest is Disintegrate, with 99.1% of Blasters taking it.
  • The least popular Blaster primary power is Scramble Thoughts, with a mere 18.61% of level 50 Blasters taking it.
  • As per the earlier note, there are some T1 secondaries that were somehow skipped. I don't know how 100% of the Blasters don't have their T1 secondary.
  • The least popular secondary power is Devices - Taser, which has a mere 15.03% of level 50 Blasters taking it. I wonder if the buffs will change this!

Petless Masterminds...

Just how many out there are skipping their T1, T2 or T3? Unfortunately we can't tell how many are skipping all of them, only how many skip them individually.

T1:

Spoiler

Robotics Mastermind Summon Battle Drones 1087 1 99.72
Thugs Mastermind Summon Call Thugs 469 1 99.58
Ninjas Mastermind Summon Call Genin 205 1 99.51
Necromancy Mastermind Summon Zombie Horde 322 1 99.38
Beast Mastery Mastermind Summon Summon Wolves 442 1 99.1
Mercenaries Mastermind Summon Soldiers 179 1 98.9
Demon Summoning Mastermind Summon Summon Demonlings 642 1 98.62

T2:

Spoiler

Ninjas Mastermind Summon Call Jounin 206 12 100
Necromancy Mastermind Summon Grave Knight 322 12 99.38
Robotics Mastermind Summon Protector Bots 1079 12 98.99
Thugs Mastermind Summon Call Enforcer 466 12 98.94
Mercenaries Mastermind Summon Spec Ops 179 12 98.9
Beast Mastery Mastermind Summon Summon Lions 438 12 98.21
Demon Summoning Mastermind Summon Summon Demons 637 12 97.85

T3:

Spoiler

Mercenaries Mastermind Summon Commando 178 26 98.34
Ninjas Mastermind Summon Oni 202 26 98.06
Beast Mastery Mastermind Summon Summon Dire Wolf 435 26 97.53
Robotics Mastermind Summon Assault Bot 1063 26 97.52
Necromancy Mastermind Summon Lich 315 26 97.22
Thugs Mastermind Summon Call Bruiser 457 26 97.03
Demon Summoning Mastermind Summon Summon Demon Prince 622 26 95.55

Most and least popular buff effects

Here's the least popular (taken by less than 15%) of all Corruptors, Defenders, Controllers or Masterminds:

Spoiler

Sonic Resonance Corruptor Buff Sonic Repulsion 6 28 8.96
Dark Miasma Corruptor Buff Black Hole 31 35 9.57
Kinetics Controller Buff Repel 245 4 9.98
Darkness Affinity Controller Buff Black Hole 73 35 10.22
Sonic Resonance Mastermind Buff Sonic Cage 7 10 11.67
Sonic Resonance Defender Buff Sonic Cage 14 6 12.28
Dark Miasma Defender Buff Black Hole 28 26 14.58
Kinetics Corruptor Buff Repel 135 4 14.74

And the most popular taken (100%, excluding forced choices which are the T1 secondary buffs from Corruptors, Controllers or Masterminds)

Spoiler

Traps Controller Buff Acid Mortar 52 10 100
Traps Controller Buff Force Field Generator 52 16 100
Trick Arrow Defender Buff Acid Arrow 52 12 100
Traps Defender Buff Force Field Generator 43 8 100
Sonic Resonance Defender Buff Sonic Dispersion 114 12 100
Sonic Resonance Defender Buff Sonic Haven 114 2 100
Trick Arrow Mastermind Buff Acid Arrow 31 20 100
Sonic Resonance Mastermind Buff Sonic Barrier 60 2 100
Poison Defender Buff Envenom 168 1 100
Pain Domination Defender Buff Nullify Pain 145 1 100

It's interesting to note that not a single Corruptor power outside of their requisite T1s is seen on 100% of Corruptors at 50.

And that's it!

I hope you've enjoyed reading as much as I enjoyed looking through random facts! If you have any requests or queries please let me know!

Edited by summers
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Just a reminder, these are measures of popularity, not efficacy.

• Like 3

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

A special shout out to the 9 Empathy Defenders without Healing Aura and the 17 without Heal Other. No one is going to pigeonhole them as "healers".

Credit to them for thinking outside the box. We're not sure just WHAT they're thinking, but it's definitely outside the box. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

What level 50 Kin doesn't have Fulcrum Shift? It breaks my brain.

• Like 3

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

15 minutes ago, Waypoint said:

Hope this helps the devs figure out what powers could use a little love! Confront is pretty worthless, from the looks of it.

Way back in the depths of time before the proliferation of freebie ranged attacks (origin powers, veteran powers), confront could be the only ranged power available to a scrapper and was useful for pulling. Pretty sure I tried it in my build at some point back around 2005-2006. Agree it's pretty useless now.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Highest/lowest average percent taken per primary and secondary would be interesting. Time seems to do quite well so I think it would rank rather high. Some sets are good enough to focus heavily on, and others you use it since it gives you just what you need and you can spend those slots elsewhere.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

On 9/4/2019 at 5:47 AM, summers said:

These aren't the only exceptions though. Here's the list of Tanker Defence powers that were taken 100% of the time - if it's not on the list, there's someone at 50 without it. That means there's Willpower Tankers without Rise to the Challenge (98.65%), or Invulnerability Tankers without Invincibility (98.25%)

Of course there are...

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

28 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

Not to mention a level 50 Rad that doesn’t have the debuffs.

Also note the AT to least take Flucrum is MMs. Let that sink in.

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

On 9/4/2019 at 1:20 AM, nihilii said:

Interesting to see the number of people who skip kinetics Repel and superstrength Hand Clap, even though these powers are now great mitigation tools with KB-to-KD IOs. Old habits die hard. Even Bonfire only has a ~60% pick rate, and that's with AoE immobilizes suppressing KB now.

Many people may not be able to (or may assume they're unable to) acquire such enhancements reliably.  Also, Repel with KB->KD is kind of dangerous to ye olde bluee bare.

On 9/3/2019 at 8:53 PM, Yoru-hime said:

Wow, all those desperately unloved ST Taunts. I'm honestly surprised the numbers on those and the Intangibles are as high as they are.

It's interesting to me because I take the ST-taunts on most of my Scrappers, just to have a good, easy power pick that can be situationally useful without any enhancement slots added.  This is especially the case for weapon sets that can't use a ranged attack without forcing redraw.

And by a similar token, it's surprising to me to see self-rez powers don't get taken as often, since they are also nice situational powers that aren't slot hungry.

I love this data. 

Would it be possible to get filters or have it dump to a csv/excel file? 

Also, I'd love to see this kind of breakdown for pool powers and epic pool powers, too.  I'm curious about the use (and not use) of certain pools.  Like, what percentage of people at fifty have Hasten?  How many bother with anything else out of the Speed pool?  What about epic pools?  Are there some there that are clear winners and losers? 

25 minutes ago, swordchucks said:

I love this data. 

Would it be possible to get filters or have it dump to a csv/excel file? 

Also, I'd love to see this kind of breakdown for pool powers and epic pool powers, too.  I'm curious about the use (and not use) of certain pools.  Like, what percentage of people at fifty have Hasten?  How many bother with anything else out of the Speed pool?  What about epic pools?  Are there some there that are clear winners and losers? 

Already here:

• Like 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

A quick question, in the powerset combo choices, there were several powerset combos with zero level 50s omitted. Were there any powers with 0% selected that were omitted?

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

• City Council
4 hours ago, Zepp said:

A quick question, in the powerset combo choices, there were several powerset combos with zero level 50s omitted. Were there any powers with 0% selected that were omitted?

No, this table includes every primary and secondary power in the game 🙂

Cipher

City Council

On 9/4/2019 at 7:36 AM, Zepp said:

Just a reminder, these are measures of popularity, not efficacy.

Yeah, but it IS a good indication of what should be under the rework microscope. Intangibles are almost universally viewed as worthless, as are single target taunts.

Both should be reworked into something else entirely. The cottage rule was a guideline to prevent a power SET (not power!) from being changed too much. It was in fact ignored several times, most notably when Fear powers were completely changed.