Costume Request Thread!

QueenBethari

Anyone here have a costume file for mercenaries' medic (mastermind) with both upgrades? I'd send a screenshot but I can't find one online and I'm a tad early to get that ability.

Edit: Don't think medic is possible. Anyone got a T1?

Edited by Zauhesi

9 hours ago, biostem said:

Here's what I came up with.  I went with a sort of piece-meal look.  I hope you like it!

miss-appropriate.costumeFetching info...

On 6/1/2020 at 5:07 PM, Cutter said:

Adapting a look I've used for a couple of my ladies who also fell into the heroic life by accident... The cyborg HUD aura is a subtle choice that will prolly get lost in the rest of the gfx, but I think it works here.

street shock.costume 7.48 kB · 0 downloads

While those are both cool cool costumes and I like them, I don't think they really fit with the concept I have for her. I guess I should clarify a little. 

The concept is more a full armor suit underneath her street clothes. The idea is that her armor is doing most of the damage absorption with electrical properties.

So, I'm not saying they're bad designs at all, just not quite what I'm thinking of for her concept. 

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

13 hours ago, GastlyGibus said:

The concept is more a full armor suit underneath her street clothes. The idea is that her armor is doing most of the damage absorption with electrical properties.

OK, so it's not FULL full armour underneath.... but still closer to your design spec than the first version! Also, playing with colours 🙂

image.thumb.png.12f3fa9b477abb97b9ea5950ceff8ac2.pngimage.png.048226d71ee85f87d454bee948418c98.png

street shock.costume

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

So my main is a Plant/Dark controller named Master Druid.  I just rerolled him from a Plant/Rad controller.

I like his costume..I think its pretty good.  But I dont get as many admirers as I do on some of my other characters :D.. this makes me self conscious and Ive been playing around with updating his look to see if I can make him a little more striking and interesting.

If anyone wants to take a crack at it.. im looking for good ideas 😄

MasterDruid.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Damoklese said:

But I dont get as many admirers as I do on some of my other characters :D.. this makes me self conscious and Ive been playing around with updating his look to see if I can make him a little more striking and interesting.

Well, to me its a very good costume! and its hard to create a good "plant based" costume, I really like the samurai and fighters theme, but these are the characters that I have few likes compared to others. I just wanted to say that sometimes people prefer different themes 😁

Edited by Agent Archer
  • Thanks 1

Global: @Agent Archer

I recently rolled up a toon based on the various enemy types from the video game series Kingdom Hearts. Attached are my attempts at the Heartless Soldier, Air Soldier and Pirate. The reference images I used have been pasted below each attempt. Any feedback to improve the heart design or the costumes in general would be greatly appreciated. The only one I am particularly happy with is the Soldier.

Extra kudos to anyone who can manage to make a good Defender costume as well!

Heartless Soldier.png

Heartless Soldier Reference.png

Heartless Air Soldier.png

Heartless Air Soldier Reference.png

Heartless Pirate.png

Heartless Pirate Reference.png

Defender Reference.png

Edited by jonwol2
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Ok so this is The Exalted One.  A storm/energy defender recolored to look like he is controlling sand.  Though admittedly the energy blast looks a little more like energy than sand, but that is beside the point.

The issue im having is creating a costume that conveys a sort of wind ravaged desert dweller. I played around with some egyptian themes as well.  In my mind I havent completely hammered out his origins.. he will either be an ancient egyptian mummy, or a semi-freed Djinni.   The chains and such are to show he has escaped..either from his tomb or his lamp.

I have two images here.. I intend to play him with the auras in the top image, but did a screenshot without the auras so his current costume could be seen more clearly (it is a slightly different costume but basically the same).  Im just having a hard time making a costume that looks cool, conveys the "ravaged desert escapee" theme.. and also looks good when surrounded by the sand cloud auras.

Any help is appreciated 😄 Thanks!

ExaltedOne.png

Edited by Damoklese

3 hours ago, BasherBot said:

image.png.edb260cc4c9d2441ec540e62a24614d2.png

Looking for some help with making this Radiation/Regeneration Brute look better. The concept is that his blood was crystallized by a experimental cancer treatment (gone wrong).

Here is my attempt.  I wasnt sure on your powersets, or overall theme for the guy.  I went with a crazed angry spines guy.

(just noticed that you said radiation/regeneration.. my bad.  Well the non-spiney part of the costume still applies :D)

BloodCrystal.png

BloodCrystal.costume

Edited by Damoklese
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Damoklese said:

Here is my attempt.  I wasnt sure on your powersets, or overall theme for the guy.  I went with a crazed angry spines guy.

(just noticed that you said radiation/regeneration.. my bad.  Well the non-spiney part of the costume still applies :D)

BloodCrystal.png

BloodCrystal.costume 7.42 kB · 0 downloads

I like the look, but I was hoping for something a bit less gloomy looking (he's supposed to be a hero after all). If it helps, the name I picked for him was Radiant Gem

I recently created a post asking for recommendations on powersets that can be recolored to represent sand, similar to @Damoklese above. I got a lot of suggestions and am now looking for costume inspirations.

Who’s got a cool sand / Egyptian / mummy themed toon they want to show off? I’m away from my computer right now but will post some designs later to get the ball rolling if no one posts! 

Edit: As promised, here is mine!

Egyptian.png

Edited by jonwol2
  • Like 3

On 6/7/2020 at 12:12 AM, BasherBot said:

Looking for some help with making this Radiation/Regeneration Brute look better. The concept is that his blood was crystallized by a experimental cancer treatment (gone wrong).

Trying to stick near-ish to your original aesthetic, plus taking into account your comment about wanting to be more hero-looking...

image.thumb.png.aa4491c5bcf8884abff0e92a8a107dfa.png

radregen.costume

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Cutter

• 2 weeks later
15 hours ago, ZacKing said:

anyone with ideas or suggestions for a techno ninja type costume?  not looking for a robot, something more armored than using robes and stuff.  Thanks!

Male/female/huge/don't care?   Hero/vigilante/rogue/villain?  Any ideas on colors you'd like to use?  Any backstory or other "flavor text" for this character?
If none of the above, that's fine.  I'm just trying to narrow down what you're looking for as much as possible before I let my creative side off the leash. 🙂

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

7 hours ago, Shocktacular said:

Male/female/huge/don't care?   Hero/vigilante/rogue/villain?  Any ideas on colors you'd like to use?  Any backstory or other "flavor text" for this character?
If none of the above, that's fine.  I'm just trying to narrow down what you're looking for as much as possible before I let my creative side off the leash. 🙂

Hmmm... wouldn't mind seeing the option for either male or female.  they would be hero side and story would be they are modern ninjas.  Thanks

10 hours ago, ZacKing said:

Hmmm... wouldn't mind seeing the option for either male or female.  they would be hero side and story would be they are modern ninjas.  Thanks

Something I forgot to ask:  Do you have an archetype and powersets picked out?  (Basically, do I need to choose weapons in the Costume Creator?)

Edited by Shocktacular

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!

On 6/25/2020 at 10:18 AM, ZacKing said:

anyone with ideas or suggestions for a techno ninja type costume?  not looking for a robot, something more armored than using robes and stuff.  Thanks!

Here's my attempt;  I tried to keep a balance of high tech parts while not looking too robotic.  I hope it's something you can work off of:

hydro-ninja1.jpg

hydro-ninja2.jpg

hydro-ninja3.jpg

hydro-ninja1.costume

Edited by biostem
  • Like 2

Okay, here's what I came up with.  I tend to play female characters, so I made a female costume.  I've been wanting to use the Tech Sleek top and bottom for some time now, but the weird blue sheen always threw me off.  For a technology-based ninja character, though, it's a cloaking/stealth field!  The chest piece and belt are meant to be control/projector units for the stealth field.  I didn't want something too bulky or flashy.  I thought about using the Ascension chest piece, but went with the Celestial Armor one instead, partly because it also wraps around the back.  I tried to get the blue to match the sheen on the Tech Sleek pieces. I used the circuitry pattern in a subtle dark grey on the top and bottom.  I used the Imperial Dynasty gloves because they're shiny enough to be tech-y and I thought they looked cool.  I didn't really know what to do with the boots; a lot of the tech options felt bulky, which doesn't fit with the ninja aesthetic.  I didn't know which powersets you  were using, so I tried her out with the Vanguard Katana and the Vanguard Claws, both of which look pretty awesome in my opinion (I have a slight preference for how the claws look, but that's just me).

I'm not sure if this is what you wanted, but I hope it's at least useful!

tech-ninjafront.png

tech-ninjakatana.png

tech-ninjaclaws.png

tech-ninja.costume

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later

Back again with another request.  This time, she's a French jewel thief who fled to Paragon City to avoid trouble with the Unione Corse.  Her cover is an Art History student, but she can't stay away from the action, so she uses her skills to go a-heroing.  Or a-villaining, either works.

Archery will be in there somewhere, but still debating if I want Trick Arrow, Tactical Arrow, Devices, or something else vaguely "Radio Shack tech."  She'll be picking up the Combat Jumping and Acrobat powers as well, and possibly Stealth, all for RP reasons really.  I'm thinking "techno street chic," but I haven't been able to translate those words into an actual costume.  Any ideas would be welcome.

I like your concept, my archery/TA blaster is what reconciled me with blasters it was so fun to play. Is the French part important enough that it needs to transpire in t costume (the chic part I guess?).

I also think you meant "Union Corse" as there is no such word as unione in French? (Unione is an Italian word)

She doesn't have to wear the French flag or anything like that - just part of the backstory.  She's likely from the southern coast of France, probably Marseilles, if that helps in any way.

As for "unione," it's also a Corsican word.  Not sure if "Corse" is Corsican though...

I'm leaning Archery/TA blaster myself, just because I haven't really tried Tactical Arrow yet.  I've already got a TA/Archery defender, but, well, maybe I have a thing with about arrows...  Haven't tried Archery/Devices since 2007, which might be more thematic, but I recall not being terribly impressed.  Could go with Archery/Traps corruptor as well, since I've never tried that combo.

On 7/11/2020 at 7:12 PM, TheOtherTed said:

She doesn't have to wear the French flag or anything like that - just part of the backstory.  She's likely from the southern coast of France, probably Marseilles, if that helps in any way.

As for "unione," it's also a Corsican word.  Not sure if "Corse" is Corsican though...

I'm leaning Archery/TA blaster myself, just because I haven't really tried Tactical Arrow yet.  I've already got a TA/Archery defender, but, well, maybe I have a thing with about arrows...  Haven't tried Archery/Devices since 2007, which might be more thematic, but I recall not being terribly impressed.  Could go with Archery/Traps corruptor as well, since I've never tried that combo.

Figured I would take a stab at this for you. FWIW, I hate the horribly limited selection of bows - I wanted Tech Knight to match the quiver, but it's so comically large I just couldn't. Also really wanted to give her the Vanguard belt, but I didn't like the clipping in action pose.

image.png.4184dd0832e01fbfd5acbd730e3a3087.pngimage.png.9f8c4b5e02f2923647daa08cea94d684.png

ar tac jewel.costume

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Cutter