Regeneration armor rework

yllly

I am relatively new in this beautiful game, but a break of tons of information on the forum concluded that - Regeneration armor (for mele) need rework!

this is the most unpopular set right now, on the other hand, the most interesting because of his concept, how many interesting characters can be made on his mechanics.

Dear developers, you probably have access to server statistics, please take a look at the regen, i think he needs help.

I urge everyone who thinks the same, do not be silent and write his thoughts here in the topic.  Sorry for my English, but im try.

I personally care about the future of this game!

maybe this set reveals its potential in the end and I just haven’t reached this point?

Regen is actually the most popular secondary for Scrappers and Sentinels if you look at the datamining devs have done:

Even on Brutes and Stalkers, it's middle of the pack.

Of course, popularity != performance so this doesn't invalidate your suggestion, but I feel it was worth pointing out. 🙂

• Like 1

Been trying to get Regen to feel as strong as I feel a lot of the other sets can feel, and when building them, I'm saddened that...

1) Integration doesn't actually benefit from Heal IOs

2) Instant Heal doesn't benefit from Heal IOs

3) Moment of Glory doesn't also give Positional Defenses

...and what I got to thinking, was maybe what Regen needed, that I don't imagine would impact PvP at all, but help in working up the defenses in PvE, is an equal amount of defense as resistance in Resilience.

Also, give the set the Psi Resist/Defense in the Resist/Defense powers.

• Like 1

I like the absorb shield sentinel-regen gets. Granted, absorbs are my fix for everything, but I'd love to see it on the other sets. A way to stem the tide on too much damage at once, to give your health bar a moment to catch up, but without being a true effective health multiplier (as is the case for resistance). 

In other words, every bit of +defense and +resistance multiplies the effectiveness of your HP, and therefore regeneration.  Absorb is nice because it adds a nice chunk of mostly-linear survival.

• Like 2

First off welcome to the game. Second I have not played a regen since sunset, however BS/Regen was my second main and I played him quite a bit. 

Regen is basically all clickies and a few auto powers and no real set and forget powers like Willpower so it does have a bit of a learning curve of when to use what power. Given that it's survival is based on click powers if you aren't paying attention a bad spike could catch you off guard.

With all that being said a good thing about clickes is that building for recharge and getting haste/burnout will make you quite a bit tougher than without. Pairing regen with BS or katana is amazing as parry can soft cap you or close to it for melee/lethal giving your clickies time to recharge as well as grabbing hibernate which will give you a short break to let your power recharge.

I don't think regen needs much help but it really shines best when you start getting accolades and IOs. 

Ps. Haven't really pvped here but back in the day no secondary could even come close to regen in the slightest for surviverability 

Edited by Zenex
Grammer

Once, Regeneration was godlike.

Then some people whinged.

Then the Devs "tweaked" it into mediocrity.  😢 

• Like 1

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

6 hours ago, Replacement said:

I like the absorb shield sentinel-regen gets. Granted, absorbs are my fix for everything, but I'd love to see it on the other sets. A way to stem the tide on too much damage at once, to give your health bar a moment to catch up, but without being a true effective health multiplier (as is the case for resistance). 

In other words, every bit of +defense and +resistance multiplies the effectiveness of your HP, and therefore regeneration.  Absorb is nice because it adds a nice chunk of mostly-linear survival.

I like the defense option I suggested a bit more.  But anything to help get the feeling of survival I can build for on many others.

I felt my Fire Armor and building for Resists was more survivable.

1 minute ago, Haijinx said:

I think the whole turning Instant Healing into to click from a toggle should be re-investigated.   

Maybe with a reduced Regen rate.  

Nerfing Regen some more? I like where your head's at!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I have two main issues with Regen:

• it's very susceptible to debuffs and burst damage which makes it relatively weak in end-game
  • it gets no offensive boosts to offset all the time spent using the various clickies (IH, DP, Reconstruction, MoG)

It just seems to me that there's no upside to the very active playstyle the set demands. Unfortunately I have no idea what offensive boosts could be baked into Regen that would fit the theme of the set so stuff like +Absorb and Debuff Resistance is probably a better avenue for improvements.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

2 minutes ago, DSorrow said:

I have two main issues with Regen:

• it's very susceptible to debuffs and burst damage which makes it relatively weak in end-game
  • it gets no offensive boosts to offset all the time spent using the various clickies (IH, DP, Reconstruction, MoG)

It just seems to me that there's no upside to the very active playstyle the set demands. Unfortunately I have no idea what offensive boosts could be baked into Regen that would fit the theme of the set so stuff like +Absorb and Debuff Resistance is probably a better avenue for improvements.

Bio armour is basically what Regen should be with more focus on the Absorb/regen side of things. Bio armour in offensive mode is actually less squishy than regen and it gives a large damage boost.

I had a thread on this a while back. Regen is a very weird set in how it has had ups and downs throughout live patches, and in general has ups and downs in play. 

The best things to add would be a bit of absorb, a good deal of debuff resist, and probably some sort of scaling buffs as you lose HP to help fight vs spikes. Rad Armor essentially has a better Fast Healing *and* Quick Recovery in 1 power (and so does bio sorta) while Regen needs 2 powers. 

Have Fast healing give a smaller flat rate of regen but then allow you to double that amount as HP depletes to become much stronger than live. Quick Recovery should either offer the same for End, or give a ton of debuff resists (you recover from ailment ... quickly lol)

Edited by Galaxy Brain

Just my personal experience here - Regen is popular because it allows you to forget about END issues.  Once you take and slot QR (and stamina), you never have to worry about running out of endurance.  WP and BIO are much better options IMO.  Regen was over-nerfed back in the day.  It did need some fine tuning, however the old Devs got carried away in my opinion.

• Like 1

I feel like the single simplest "Fix" for Regen would be to add an Absorb Shield to Reconstruction. Possibly in place of the Toxic Resistance.

It would allow Regen characters to pop Reconstruction -before- a fight in order to get an absorb shield to offset some of the Alpha they're about to take, then pop it again, a short while later, as their HP drops from continued attacks, giving them a second Absorb Shield to help them keep regenerating.

With Recharge SO slotting, and no set bonuses, they could pop it every 30 seconds or so. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Replacement said:

I've had melee Regen players tell me that they wish they got the Sentinel version of Instant Regeneration instead of Instant Healing.  I think that one change would go a long way to improving melee Regen.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

44 minutes ago, Rathulfr said:

I've had melee Regen players tell me that they wish they got the Sentinel version of Instant Regeneration instead of Instant Healing.  I think that one change would go a long way to improving melee Regen.

While it may not be a concern, I have to wonder, would that make it more powerful in PvP?  Isn't that reason Regen got nerfed so much to begin with?

1 minute ago, BrandX said:

While it may not be a concern, I have to wonder, would that make it more powerful in PvP?  Isn't that reason Regen got nerfed so much to begin with?

I dunno: I don't PvP.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

5 minutes ago, BrandX said:

Instant Healing doesn't help against alphas or huge spike damage.  What was broken with Regen in PvP was perma MoG - and even that wasn't unbeatable.

Edited by ShardWarrior