Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

Newer SD/EM (late 2021 FoTM)

image.png.ba279387906aa6547f9b667d7752a8dd.pngimage.png.7334bdf18a3b49fc55afc9e40de29811.png

• Like 13
  • Thumbs Up 3

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

13 hours ago, AzureAngel said:

Silver Sparkle, Childlike Gynoid (Crystal Seismic Blast/Energy Blaster)

spacer.png

Nice character!
Now I'm wondering what the Praetorian version would be like...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

Cobrachicken! Pictured her going about her business and also what it looks like when she charges a villain/anyone who looked at her funny. She's an animal spirit, so don't think too hard about whether those are tights or feathers. 

cobrachicken1.jpg

cobrachicken2.jpg

cobrachicken3.jpg

cobrachicken4.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

This is not very original, I'm sure this one has been done 1000+ times before. this is my take on Cad Bane.

I give you Badd Cane -  Dual pistol/Martial Combat Blaster

.....after spending so much time on Shujaa Wa Giza, I ran out of original ideas.

baddCane.png

badd Cane 2.png

Edited by Mr. Apocalypse
  • Like 11
  • Thumbs Up 2

I missed a costume contest on the 4th because I was on a team (sobs) but hey I figure I can post here and receive some validation right?  Right?  So I present you with my Savage/Shield Scrapper, The Star Spangled Tiger!  You can see his general look from left to right, and the right-most is his most patriotic costume.

Tiger.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

22 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

I readily admit to shamelessly lifting from Techwright and his costume for Lesser Saint to get to the costume for my latest scrapper:

BFx2.thumb.jpg.1208b1e907a8fffe0af5aefc94ec87d8.jpg

Not thrilled by his current name (Bronze Fury), so that might change.  Quite happy with the costume and how the shoulders fit the piping on the chest and legs.

Thanks @Techwright

There enough variance there that I think we can let it go...this time.  🤣   Nicely done!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, biostem said:

After many battles and since joining Vanguard, 'The Prominence of Sol' has up-armored her uniform:

prominence of sol5.jpg

Love the costume! Greetings from Cap'n Nova! 🙂

NovaBio.png
screenshot-220709-19-15-16.jpg
screenshot-220709-19-14-35.jpg
screenshot-220709-19-14-18.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 3

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

1 hour ago, BurtHutt said:

Great thread! One of my faves! I'm wondering if anyone has posted a snake themed costume? I'm trying to make something unique but inspiration is not striking me. The plan is to make the toon a Sent - DP/Reflexes. 

I wish I had taken a picture of it, but there is a player on Everlasting with a toon named Agent Basilisk. Their costume was brilliant and I wish I had taken a pic of it (was a PI mish team so I didn't think to try and they left the group before I did). Female character, so the snake hair, reptile tail, not sure what face they used. But then they had the character outfitted similarly to a human-esque toon. Ugh, describing it doesn't do it justice. I want to do something inspired by it, but am afraid of copying them too much. xD Edit: There is also a specific costume request thread that may be more of what you're looking for for this sort of question.

From my collection of characters, this is Ruby Reptile, though she's more of a reptilian alien than a snake, but could provide some inspo while I see what else I can come up with.

Ruby-Reptile.png

Edit: Here's another one you can use for inspo: she's a fairy, but is using some of the Talons pieces, which are pretty reptile-like.

Faetalia.png

Edited by TygerDarkstorm
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

54 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

Great thread! One of my faves! I'm wondering if anyone has posted a snake themed costume? I'm trying to make something unique but inspiration is not striking me. The plan is to make the toon a Sent - DP/Reflexes. 

I've got a Black Mamba you could fiddle with..

image.png.0f82c8eb9ba662e5c982e8703de24485.png  image.png.62bea9c184612ffed203468b0b671ad9.png

BlackMamba.costume

Edited by Troo
  • Like 9
  • Thumbs Up 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

2 hours ago, BurtHutt said:

Originally posted to this thread May 25, 2005

This is my evolved snake species concept. I have had about 20 different toons over the years with various color combos and power sets all with similar costumes. the key design requirement is they must have monsterous feet, tail and reptilian skin, and some sort of facial feature that says fangs. My most recent is my Rad/fire brute farmer name Neutron mamba. I currently use the green&blue skin/purple/silver and the blue/red/gold costumes. The toon started out as black/red/gold with the same costume elements as the dark green skin version.  Oh how I wish a snake lower body like the snakes from Mercy Island would be added to the costume creator, snake heasd would also be nice

mamba1f.png

mamba1r.png

mamba2f.png

mamba2r.png

mamba3f.png

mamba3r.png

mamba4f.png

mamba4r.png

Edited by Mr. Apocalypse
  • Like 10
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, BurtHutt said:

or the snake got some robot arms and legs.. a cloud path aura.. (best I can do until they give us snake bottoms) {I may steal your idea for a salamander}

image.png.e32fb7c52148f7c8e47c80dcd856d453.pngimage.png.84f99b55542368e11501043d11be2753.png

Edited by Troo
  • Like 9
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Coming soon , the Salamander Sala the Mander (Defender RE/DP)

image.png.dbb3fd91a0fe3cc4e2a1e3f6ecf6e563.png  image.png.ea143418c5e5cccc5ce4d9916765f542.png

Edited by Troo
  • Like 9
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, BurtHutt said:

I have one called Coral Strike, based on the sea snake. "Ella Pidae" is the scientific name rendered as a human name. Elapidae - Wikipedia

Corruptor - Water Blast/Poison, on Everlasting.

Coral-Strike-Bio.jpg

https://ibb.co/TwrdfxJ

Based on this photo:

Coral-Snake.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

7 minutes ago, Bug You 2 said:

Lightbulb Fiction

Trick Arrow/Dark Defender

E39E3A6B-0048-4BB2-87B3-69E1E8AB0878.png

2B815A9D-90B1-42C5-BDA3-8306AB797DD6.jpeg

Well that's just blinkin' brilliant.

I have a toon called Lamp using that same back-lantern whatchamacallit, but it's nowhere as good as this.

ETA: turns out I have a screenshot of her. Ugh, ordinary, awful.

Lamp.jpg

https://ibb.co/F0NMWf2

Edited by Trike
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Troo said:

or the snake got some robot arms and legs.. a cloud path aura.. (best I can do until they give us snake bottoms) {I may steal your idea for a salamander}

image.png.e32fb7c52148f7c8e47c80dcd856d453.pngimage.png.84f99b55542368e11501043d11be2753.png

5 hours ago, Troo said:

Coming soon , the Salamander Sala the Mander (Defender RE/DP)

image.png.dbb3fd91a0fe3cc4e2a1e3f6ecf6e563.png  image.png.ea143418c5e5cccc5ce4d9916765f542.png

Genius.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Trike said:

I have one called Coral Strike, based on the sea snake. "Ella Pidae" is the scientific name rendered as a human name. Elapidae - Wikipedia

Corruptor - Water Blast/Poison, on Everlasting.

Coral-Strike-Bio.jpg

https://ibb.co/TwrdfxJ

Based on this photo:

Coral-Snake.jpg

Red touch yellow no friend of a fellow, red touch black a friend of jack.  I'm not sure weather you are friend or foe 😉

1 minute ago, Mr. Apocalypse said:

Red touch yellow no friend of a fellow, red touch black a friend of jack.  I'm not sure weather you are friend or foe 😉

That's the exact issue I ran into due to the CC's limitations.

I decided that she was good but forced to be bad by society because of their ignorant reactions. Having my cake and eating it too.

• Thumbs Up 2

Meet Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller. And yes, I see I went over the limit of the bio; I came up with it on the spot while waiting for the MSR to start/fill, so I'll have to go back and edit it. It's supposed to finish off (for now) that she runs the House of Wrath villain group (which is open for coalitions or anyone who wants to join Elaina in her pursuits). Ignore my shabby base-building skills; the editor and I are not friends, but since it's just me in it right now, it'll suffice. Edit: And I also see I need to change Brig to Zig--my brain is so tired today.

screenshot-220710-21-28-06.jpg
screenshot-220710-20-58-46.jpg
screenshot-220710-20-58-32.jpg
Elaina.png

Edited by TygerDarkstorm
changed screenshots
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2