Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

2 hours ago, Drea said:

Meet Video Game. It came to me on a whim.

image_2022-07-11_135741808.png

That's terrific, and a great name get.

To no one's surprise, I have a similar character named Voxel Sprite, invented by another of my characters, Quiz Kid, helped by his friend Holo B01 (another character of mine), inspired by yet another toon of mine, Every-Were. It's the everything bagel of self-reflexive character creation.

I can't get a shot of all her various costumes, but they're all of other characters I've made.

Voxel-Sprite-Bio.jpg

https://ibb.co/W2FDmzP

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 4

13 hours ago, Drea said:

Meet Video Game. It came to me on a whim.

You've taken the rout I often do, which is to think up an excuse for a toon to have wildly different costumes each slot.  I think I have like 5 toons like this now. 😛

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

4 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

You've taken the rout I often do, which is to think up an excuse for a toon to have wildly different costumes each slot.  I think I have like 5 toons like this now. 😛

Back on Live I had two with exactly that remit: Polly Morph and Copycat.

• Haha 1

Hey all!

Loving this thread!

My OC design is for Angelmancer - An ancient demigod who was born and raised under Lucifer.

He harnessed the powers of the underworld, forming pacts and bonding with ancient demons in his training to make war with the gods of old. But when the time came for the armies of Hades to march out, Angelmancer had a change of heart.

He had been visited weeks before by the Lord of Light and had since come to see his demon devotees as fallen angels, banished from the world of light when their original master, Lucifer, had been cast down.

Now that Angelmancer had felt the power, and warmth, that eminated from the Lord of Light when he spoke - he now vowed to do anything to stand in it's radiance as a true Angel of the world.

Whilst fighting crime, he dons the haloed battle suit of the fire gods of old - wielding flames of purest gold to cleanse the hearts of evil doers.

Whilst infiltrating and keeping deep cover, he takes the suit of the old Gods of Death - wielding green whips of spiritual fire to turn enemies from his trail.   

All the while his demon devotees fight at his side - as his Angels.

Hope you all enjoy!

Keep 'em coming!

Angelmancer Flight.png

Angelmancer Demon.png

• Like 10
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 7/10/2022 at 10:50 PM, Mr. Apocalypse said:

Red touch yellow no friend of a fellow, red touch black a friend of jack.  I'm not sure weather you are friend or foe 😉

We learned it as "Red to yellow kill a fellow, red to black venom lack."

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

On 6/15/2022 at 12:28 AM, The Peacock said:

Do any of you have old costume pieces that you can't stop finding a use for? A lot of stuff from the various origin packs and later expansions are well-crafted, but every now and then I notice that I find frequent use of older stuff, too. Case in point, the student shirt. I guess I'm supposed to use it for showing bare midriffs? But instead, I do other things with it.

Pilot costume for my Turret mech.

unknown.png

Alternate costume for Operetta:
image.thumb.png.345356ecbd324a64e8d62bbc75e53998.png

Androgyny:

unknown.png

Androgyny is genius.  Brilliant use of jacket/chest piece combo.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/26/2022 at 1:26 AM, The Peacock said:

Here's Operetta. I've been working on her for a while. I'm beginning to get happy with both her looks, which come pretty much in two forms: Venetian Carnivale or French Rococo:

screenshot_220525-22-18-44.jpg

While I love all of Operetta's look, this one blew my mind.  Glam, sinister and elegant all in one!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Troo said:

a preview of the future

image.png.df56f984e68f192e0c30efa3ef058666.png  image.png.1b32669ff67af0e6f0db983f4a42e72e.png

I have at least three characters where getting this costume choice will be a priority and will always be on.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actioneer || Aerobat || Agent Archer || Agent Dare || Amazona || Arbiter Doom || Astrowoman || Atheos || Attache || Aurgelmir || Big League || Blue Weasel || Bomber Girl || Cavalcader || Centenarian || Change Agent || Charade || Chimpanzer || Chorus Girl || Chrono King || Circlet || Cockatrice || Cogsman || Coin-Operative || Cold Spell || Countess Cataclysm || Crackdown || Death Adder || Deathwatch || Devana || Didgeridoo || Dirigible || Doctor Arioch || Doctor Asmodeus || Doctor Epoch || Doctor Typhoon || Duke Dreadsome || Executress || Eye || French Roast || Ghost Gal || Goldsmith || Hellstone || Herculon || Ifrit ||  Illuminoid || Iron Agent || Jen-X || Junkman ||  Liberta ||  Lord of Winter || Maera || Mime || Monument || Namtaru || Newsreel || Overman || Pakhet || Queen Cheetah || Queen Sting || Steve Saturn || Tarnation || Technoid || Teen Thunderbolt || Torch Titan || Xerelerex || Zodiax 

On 7/10/2022 at 4:20 PM, Troo said:

Interesting...  I was just uploading some of my costumes to the Icon Catalogue and just included my own Tank Mage (Torchbearer).

You can see him here:

https://costumes.cityofheroes.dev/costumeView?id=190

Several of my other costumes are also on display, but if anyone has any requests from all the stuff I've screenshotted and posted here, I can upload the costume file there for you.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/12/2022 at 3:17 AM, Clave Dark 5 said:

I've got a few myself.  My favorite is Legacy Warrior, who has a tech "time travel belt" and temporal blade... for her primary costume, but it lets her trade places with her ancestors (and a couple future descendants) so they can fight in her place in the here and now.  Broadsword/Willpower... she can trade places with a Chinese sword wielding woman, an Egyptian warrior with a Khopesh sword, a Roman gladiator, a ninja, an armored knight, a cyberpunk with a hook sword and a few others.

Another I made was an android (Beam Rifle/Invul) that's given various different appearances and weapons for missions of infiltration, protection, diplomacy, and front line assault.

And I have a Rad/Rad scrapper with cloudy auras, crazy colored animal heads + features, and just randomly colored power effects... The name is My Imaginary Friend, so when people talk about her saving the day it's like, "My Imaginary Friend stopped that Arachnos attack."

Edited by Player2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1