[Inquiry] Is it possible ...?

Redlynne

No. Everyone should be able to miss, just cause. Should using Aim and BU suddenly become autohit too? Cause that is just as annoying when missing. Or a ST Control? That is their 'shtick' too. Missing with AS, from hide, is the single missed attack in the game that will NOT cause aggro. That is pretty good.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, golstat2003 said:

Sure, but it should still be able to miss in pvp.

Granted.  I have no problem with keeping the chance to hit miss from Hidden in PvP while making Assassin Strike autohit from Hidden in PvE.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

42 minutes ago, Megajoule said:

OP has a question, great; what is it?  What is the thread about?

It is asking a Yes or No question of the Developer in charge of powers ... Powerhouse ... about the feasibility of a proposition.

Is it possible?

Is it not possible?

Never thought I see the day where I had explain how yes/no questions "work" to someone in these forums ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Gonna take my own advice and cut to the chase:

IMO, you should put what your question is about right in the subject line.  Don't make your audience, including the person who might actually be able to answer it, dig through your post to find out what you're asking.

e.g.:  "Can Assassin Strike be made auto-hit from Hidden?"

Or, since your question seems to be addressed to a specific dev, just send it as a PM.

EDIT:

"I have a question."

[expectant silence]

"... what's your question?"

"Whether my idea is possible."

"... what's your idea?"

"(finally explains proposal)"

Edited by Megajoule

Yeah, it's always struck as a bit silly that you can't see me, I'm standing right behind you, taking three full seconds to aim my weapon or fist at your back aaaaand.... wiff!

But overall it probably is too much to ask.  I mean, then Snipes shoudl auto-hit too if the target's not in combat - you know, like real life snipes do pretty much, you don't know you've been hit from nowhere until you're already dead.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I mean, even if the To-Hit Roll Caps are hard-coded in such a way as to prevent the attacks from just being Autohit . . . would there be a way to force the To-Hit Roll value to subtract 5.01 before comparing it to the To-Hit Check in this instance?  Therefore, if you have 95% To-Hit, the highest random value you could roll would be 94.99 and guarantee the Hit.  And, if you were aiming at an enemy who you would NOT have 95% To-Hit, there IS still a chance of you whiffing.

On 10/9/2019 at 1:16 PM, Razor Cure said:

No. Everyone should be able to miss, just cause. Should using Aim and BU suddenly become autohit too? Cause that is just as annoying when missing.

It was extremely annoying that time I was doing a Malta mission on my fire/fire blaster, and my Aimed/Built-Up opening snipe missed on six consecutive Hercules-Class Titans (or whatever the big Malta mechs are called).

On 10/12/2019 at 3:50 AM, Clave Dark 5 said:

Yeah, it's always struck as a bit silly that you can't see me, I'm standing right behind you, taking three full seconds to aim my weapon or fist at your back aaaaand.... wiff!

But overall it probably is too much to ask.  I mean, then Snipes shoudl auto-hit too if the target's not in combat - you know, like real life snipes do pretty much, you don't know you've been hit from nowhere until you're already dead.

Just because they can't see you doesn't mean it's completely impossible that they decided just as that moment to start walking to the coffee maker. 

Or maybe they DO know you're there and are just trolling you by pretending to not notice you and just by chance move out of your way at the last second.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2019 at 6:35 PM, Redlynne said:

It is asking a Yes or No question of the Developer in charge of powers ... Powerhouse ... about the feasibility of a proposition.

Is it possible?

Is it not possible?

Never thought I see the day where I had explain how yes/no questions "work" to someone in these forums ...

The criticism wasn't about what kind of question it is, it was about the ambiguity of the subject.

Perhaps if you put more examples like "or give a ToHit check to a targeted toggle if [insert condition]".

Considering the turn your thread has taken, people are now not discussing "Is it possible?" but other aspects of your inquiry which are fully in the realm of rationality of the suggestion.  So, is that what you wanted? You should have probably clarified.

• Like 1