Slotting procs to the far left

solarstriker

1 hour ago, golstat2003 said:

*Looks at the new character just rolled on everlasting . . . rubs hands evilly together like Snidely Whiplash*

you REALLY don't want to be on the revenge radar of someone with OCD,  thorough can be terrifying...

• Haha 4

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

On 12/24/2019 at 6:43 AM, Coyote said:

I have to agree with the majority. OCD says procs go to the right. Except for KB to KD, which go on the left. And maybe Force Feedback. But definitely not others.
And they have to be arranged by color.. you can't mix Hold and Ranged damage procs, all the reds and all the oranges have to be split.

"I have CDO. It's just like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order. AS THEY SHOULD BE."

I have the habit of slotting a set the same way in each power containing that set, a habit I started back on live, and aided by the fact that I'm able to buy entire sets of attuned IOs at once and can slot them all at the same time, instead of whatever I can get on the AH at the level it happens to come up as. So when I slot, say, Thunderstrike Acc/Dam, it goes in the same slot for each power slotting Thunderstrike -- when I pull the IO out of my tray, I use which slot lights up in the slotted power(s) to direct where to put it in the unslotted power.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2019 at 2:43 PM, tafilr said:

Just so we're all on the same page.  Generic IOs go two accuracy, end redux, recharge, two damage (for most offensive powers).  And in that order.  We do NOT put end redux or recharge in the last slot.  Thank you.

No it goes 2 Acc, then 2 Dam, 1 End Red and finally the last spot gets the Rech. Lol your OCD is different than my OCD.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So if I only have the power 1 slotted is it in the left or right side. This is confusing me and my OCD and now I'm hungry for a Twix. Now they question is do I eat the left Twix or the right Twix first.

Edited by RCU7115

10 hours ago, RCU7115 said:

So if I only have the power 1 slotted is it in the left or right side. This is confusing me and my OCD and now I'm hungry for a Twix. Now they question is do I eat the left Twix or the right Twix first.

Since left and right are relative, this is a dumb question.

Obviously you start with the northeastern-most twix.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Myrmidon said:

All of you are making me wish for a temp power that reorders the slots in all of someone else’s powers. That would be the ultimate influence sink.🤣

pretty sure griefing is frowned upon, especially at such an epic level!

• Haha 1

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

I just put them in whatever order they happen to end up in and don't worry about it.  On a respec build I do generally put them in the order they're sitting in on the screen just from a convenience point of view.  The order doesn't matter in the game so it really doesn't matter to me.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

55 minutes ago, Call Me Awesome said:

I just put them in whatever order they happen to end up in and don't worry about it.  On a respec build I do generally put them in the order they're sitting in on the screen just from a convenience point of view.  The order doesn't matter in the game so it really doesn't matter to me.

WITCH!!!!!!!    BURN EM!!!! 

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

On 12/28/2019 at 5:53 PM, RCU7115 said:

No it goes 2 Acc, then 2 Dam, 1 End Red and finally the last spot gets the Rech. Lol your OCD is different than my OCD.

Lowbie powers get an End Red first.  Higher level powers get Rech first.  But the order is entirely contingent on your salvage and recipe drops.  Except for the accuracy, which you go out of the way to acquire, usually from Heraclea who memorized the recipes, and which always is first to be slotted, just as toggles get End Red first. 

But when you replace them with sets, the set IOs replace the generic IOs where they will do the least harm to the enhancements they replace.  So their placement is highly random. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I am pretty bad about this. In fact as soon as i get a character it starts. I know i want 1 acc 2 dam. So even if i am doing DFB and using the prestige procs from P2W i have to put a training acc in the first slot. Because 1acc then 2 damage. That is how it goes. Everybody knows that

there is a great villain or vigilante character that can be born from this somehow

”it really does have ample cargo space” Dexter Morgan while fitting the car salesman’s body in the minivan

2 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I am pretty bad about this. In fact as soon as i get a character it starts. I know i want 1 acc 2 dam. So even if i am doing DFB and using the prestige procs from P2W i have to put a training acc in the first slot. Because 1acc then 2 damage. That is how it goes. Everybody knows that

there is a great villain or vigilante character that can be born from this somehow

”it really does have ample cargo space” Dexter Morgan while fitting the car salesman’s body in the minivan

Lowbie I usually slot

DAM (p2w), Acc, End, Dam, Dam, special, the special would be range, recharge, slow, immob or whatever the power takes (thats my blaster slotting, other less awesome AT's get tailored ones)

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

On 12/28/2019 at 11:28 AM, srmalloy said:

"I have CDO. It's just like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order. AS THEY SHOULD BE."

I have the habit of slotting a set the same way in each power containing that set, a habit I started back on live, and aided by the fact that I'm able to buy entire sets of attuned IOs at once and can slot them all at the same time, instead of whatever I can get on the AH at the level it happens to come up as. So when I slot, say, Thunderstrike Acc/Dam, it goes in the same slot for each power slotting Thunderstrike -- when I pull the IO out of my tray, I use which slot lights up in the slotted power(s) to direct where to put it in the unslotted power.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

Spoiler

Surely as everyone with CDO knows, the singular bar is a Twik, and are there any CoH devs who peruse these pages that can say for definite what should go where (order-wise). Or is there no order, ie the whole thing gets done in one fell swoop when the power is clicked.

2 hours ago, Felix Decat said:
  Hide contents

Surely as everyone with CDO knows, the singular bar is a Twik, and are there any CoH devs who peruse these pages that can say for definite what should go where (order-wise). Or is there no order, ie the whole thing gets done in one fell swoop when the power is clicked.

er, you do realise actual game effect has zero to do with correct enh slotting right?

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

I wonder at the hew and cry should some ebil-hacker get into the character files and randomize the order of everyone's IOs?

Wouldnt affect game play at all - well directly, certainly a lot of characters would be marching to TV to get a respec. 🙂

I have my own OCDisms. Less so slotting IOs -- for SO/Generic IO I tend to go Acc/Dam/recharge etc in a specific order that is easier for me to read quickly for IO sets I havnt caught myself worrying about it. I'll have to look - it is kinda like trying to see the color of my own eye without a mirror.. Oh fine now I have to go look. Thanks ppl. 🙂

Slotting abilities on my action bars, well, that's another story....

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

On 12/28/2019 at 6:03 PM, RCU7115 said:

It depends. Is the Twix right-side up, or up-side down?

Edited by TyrantMikey

On Excelsior : Plasma Fury (Fire/Fire Blaster) - Prodigal (WP/SS Tank) - Terra Forma (Earth/Storm Controller)

On 12/23/2019 at 12:08 AM, Shred Monkey said:

Hello, My name is Shred Monkey, and I've used unslotters before to slot my enhancements into the proper sequential order. 

Procs go to the right and only to the right.  I really wish I hadn't opened this thread and learned there are people out there who do otherwise.

What if you've frankenslotted?  Do all the procs still go all the way to the right, or just to the right of the nearest related IO?

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

Just now, roleki said:

What if you've frankenslotted?  Do all the procs still go all the way to the right, or just to the right of the nearest related IO?

If there's multiple procs and 1 of them also has set-members slotted, then I would slot the set-proc ahead of the others to keep the set together with the other procs following them to the right.

If I had pairs both with procs, that would be difficult to resolve.  I'd probably change my slotting so that there's a HamiO or something else that didn't create this issue.  Luckily this has never came up in reality.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow