I know they say any publicity is good publicity but...

DR_Mechano

Oh lord that is some of the worst, most cringest, ill-informed and potentially damage publicity I think we could have had. His subscriber base is mostly 10 or under and he is encouraging people to create copyrighted characters...which is against the TOS...so...yeah prepare for a flood of players like this >.>

He's an idiot. I stopped watching when he complained about how slow it is to level....in the Outbreak tutorial.

• Like 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

It's such a shame we've got this...guy...promoting City of Heroes when you've got an awesome youtuber by the name of Abruzzi making actually funny content for City of Heores getting small amounts of views.

Basically this guy caters to 10 year olds and he constantly finds 'exploits' in games when, according to the people on reddit, most of the time they're just well known game mechanics like power leveling. If you want to watch videos on fun exploits I'd recommend the Spiffing Brit's 'X game is perfectly balanced' series which has legit game breaking stuff.

I personally feel this video is doing more harm than good but it's not like we can do anything about it sadly.

3 hours ago, DR_Mechano said:

Oh lord that is some of the worst, most cringest, ill-informed and potentially damage publicity I think we could have had. His subscriber base is mostly 10 or under and he is encouraging people to create copyrighted characters...which is against the TOS...so...yeah prepare for a flood of players like this >.>

Maybe, but do you think such players will last all that long, though? You'll get a bunch of people running around Atlas Park asking "where do I buy enhancements?" and 10 minutes later, "Where do I sell enhancements?" or "What are enhancements?"  for a couple of hours. Then, after they kill a couple of Hellions, they will get bored and go back to playing Fortnight or Minecraft. A few of the cooler ones might hang around for a bit longer.

If I logged in and there were 3 atlas parks filled with kids playing Hulk and Wolverine clones, I'd be happy.  New blood into an old game is good.  No bad can come of it, so it's all good.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

You guys remember Pee Wee Herman?  I ttok one look at the character and was like. No Way. I remember that guy. It is “the Hamburger Man” from Cheech and Chong. Great characarter good actor no way should be doing kids sjows

i get the same vibe here. Not sure what he is doing marketing to kids but there is an off vibe to it

but we all know the rumors about Mr Rogers being ex-military. The video of it finally surfaced. You can see him leading a squad if americans in WW2 shooting nazis.  It is the same guy! 

1 hour ago, Budo said:

The thumbnail for the video will haunt my dreams for years to come. 

Is he on drugs or trying to sell me drugs? Because I don't want whatever he's on. 

Youtube's algorithms are more likely to show people videos if the thumbnail contains a human face with a strong expression. He's just doing his job on a platform with horrible conditions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

You guys remember Pee Wee Herman?  I ttok one look at the character and was like. No Way. I remember that guy. It is “the Hamburger Man” from Cheech and Chong. Great characarter good actor no way should be doing kids sjows

i get the same vibe here. Not sure what he is doing marketing to kids but there is an off vibe to it

but we all know the rumors about Mr Rogers being ex-military. The video of it finally surfaced. You can see him leading a squad if americans in WW2 shooting nazis.  It is the same guy! 

For the record Mr. Rogers was never in the Armed Services. Captain Kangaroo (Bob Keeshan) was but never left stateside before the war ended.

• Like 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

4 minutes ago, Frostbiter said:

It would have been hard to shoot nazis in WW2 when you are in high school senior in 1946

2020-01-29 10_59_36-Window.png

1 minute ago, Seigmoraig said:

It would have been hard to shoot nazis in WW2 when you are in high school senior in 1946

I believe the youngest WWII vet was 13 when he enlisted. Lots of guys lied about their age to join up. They were coming out of the depression and a lot of people were willing to risk their lives for a steady paycheck and the attack on Pearl Harbor made a lot of people want to join in order to strike back. Add that to the military desperately wanting new recruits and it COULD have happened. Not saying it did, though.

46 minutes ago, quixoteprog said:

I believe the youngest WWII vet was 13 when he enlisted. Lots of guys lied about their age to join up. They were coming out of the depression and a lot of people were willing to risk their lives for a steady paycheck and the attack on Pearl Harbor made a lot of people want to join in order to strike back. Add that to the military desperately wanting new recruits and it COULD have happened. Not saying it did, though.

Not saying it was 100% impossible that he COULD have fought in WW2, but it didn't happen, according to his bio once again in wikipedia

" Rogers was born on March 20, 1928, in Latrobe, Pennsylvania, about 40 miles (64 km) outside of Pittsburgh, at 705 Main Street[1] to James and Nancy Rogers. James was "a very successful businessman"[2] who was president of the McFeely Brick Company, one of Latrobe's largest businesses. "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Rogers

He wasn't an urchin who needed any sort of paycheck to survive, he was born to an upper middle class family and didn't secretly enlist into the war effort in his teens and rise up in the ranks to lead troops then return to highschool to take that picture. As much as I would like to believe Mr. Rogers killed dirty Nazis (and as much as I would love to see them all dead even the ones who are polluting the world to this day), it didn't happen

Edited by Seigmoraig

39 minutes ago, Seigmoraig said:

Totally fake.  I know there were no Windows cursors in 1946.  Windows came to Earth at Roswell in 1947. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

1 hour ago, Seigmoraig said:

That's weird, not my quote.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

59 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

While I have no idea about Mr Rogers, 16 and 17 year olds lying about their age and enlisting was fairly common in WW2.

Way off topic, but my Dad dropped out of high school, lied about his age and joined the army when he was 15.  When the end of his 3year contract came up, they asked him to re-enlist so he could accompany his unit to what they said was "... some place called Viet Nam."  

Anyway, I didn't even know people were making HC CoH videos, I thought that was verboten.  If it is, the team should take a moment to Nova this dude.

• Thanks 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!