Income Inequality In CoX

Inheritor

Mostly unrelated, but as a reward mechanic it is crazy that dfb and dib are used to power level and skip low level content but give buffs only for low level content. 

You would think it would be story arcs that gave the low level buffs to the characters that would really use them for an extended amount of play.

43 minutes ago, DougGraves said:

Mostly unrelated, but as a reward mechanic it is crazy that dfb and dib are used to power level and skip low level content but give buffs only for low level content. 

You would think it would be story arcs that gave the low level buffs to the characters that would really use them for an extended amount of play.

I run a lot of posi 1 2 and synapse.  having the four DFB buffs perfectly positions the character for starting the signature TFs  great buffs to collect if you are shutting off experience to do storylines also.  if you are powerleveling to 35 and beyond?  ya, fughedaboutit

8 hours ago, VileTerror said:

You stole a WHOLE google?

Wow.

Easy, easy... nobody stole anything.

I *copied* it.

• Haha 1

Well, which is it, young feller?  You want I should freeze or get down on the ground?
If'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop.  And if'n I drop I'll be in motion.

14 hours ago, roleki said:

From the dawn of time, only, people seem to forget that it was much, much worse back on Live.

In those days, people would sell inf on eBay outright.  Then AE came along and everything at Wentworth's went off the charts. 

HC doesn't have that problem, despite popular reports that say otherwise. 

Totally agree.  Having been one of those that bought inf off websites, etc, and where prices on live skyrocketed from 100million per purple IO (back when ITF was just released) to eventually reach 2 billion per purple, HC has pretty much solved inflation and prevented anyone cornering the market because of its:

1) converters system allowing all IOs to be available

2) seeding the market 

3) pooling all of the same IOs together in one pool (crafted, attuned, etc)

Also, with the plethora of information available on the forums, it is up to the individual player to take the initiative and drive themselves to COH financial success

• Thanks 1

Also with the merits to convertors ratio it also means that things have a definite 'value' now that they can all be bought for merits. So 10 merits are worth, roughly, 2.7 million inf when transferred into convertors, meaning 100 merits is worth 27 million inf, this means that things like Very Rare IOs all have a flat value of roughly 27 million inf and we've seen that most Purple IO sets will hover at around that mark (if not slightly cheaper). This means there is an absolute upper limit to what people are willing to pay since you once you get past the 27 million inf mark, it becomes better to just save up merits and buy them that way.

So yes the HC dev team have really made it so that we'll likely never again see the stupidly high 2 billion inf price caps on a singular IO.

1 hour ago, DR_Mechano said:

fThis means there is an absolute upper limit to what people are willing to pay since you once you get past the 27 million inf mark, it becomes better to just save up merits and buy them that way.

Kinda. If I wait until 50 to buy purple sets, and I almost always do, I'll way way overpay to have it nao. But for reasonable people, you are correct. 

1 hour ago, DR_Mechano said:

Also with the merits to convertors ratio it also means that things have a definite 'value' now that they can all be bought for merits. So 10 merits are worth, roughly, 2.7 million inf when transferred into convertors, meaning 100 merits is worth 27 million inf, this means that things like Very Rare IOs all have a flat value of roughly 27 million inf and we've seen that most Purple IO sets will hover at around that mark (if not slightly cheaper). This means there is an absolute upper limit to what people are willing to pay since you once you get past the 27 million inf mark, it becomes better to just save up merits and buy them that way.

So yes the HC dev team have really made it so that we'll likely never again see the stupidly high 2 billion inf price caps on a singular IO.

That said, the law of supply and demand is not working QUITE as it should on HC.  For example, the selling price of a LotG +Rech has steadily crept from about ~4.5M to ~7M over the last two or three months.  The +Rech is so ridiculously overpriced that even the LotG bits nobody uses have gone from 2M to 4.5M, presimably just to convert them over.

Thing is, there are easily 1500+ copies of LotG +Rech at the AH, and only 300 or so of the End/Rech or whatever.  In either case, supply far outpaces demand, but the prices keep going up.  It's almost like somebody has a stake in keeping the price high, to maybe subsidize the dozens of converters they burn through trying to get the system to poop out a LotG +Rech?  

Well, which is it, young feller?  You want I should freeze or get down on the ground?

1 hour ago, roleki said:

That said, the law of supply and demand is not working QUITE as it should on HC.  For example, the selling price of a LotG +Rech has steadily crept from about ~4.5M to ~7M over the last two or three months.  The +Rech is so ridiculously overpriced that even the LotG bits nobody uses have gone from 2M to 4.5M, presimably just to convert them over.

Thing is, there are easily 1500+ copies of LotG +Rech at the AH, and only 300 or so of the End/Rech or whatever.  In either case, supply far outpaces demand, but the prices keep going up.  It's almost like somebody has a stake in keeping the price high, to maybe subsidize the dozens of converters they burn through trying to get the system to poop out a LotG +Rech?  

From May to November I was converting 20-100 Lucks a day to the +Recharge and listing them for 6.5 million each and selling out daily. 

Took a break for a month and the prices Rose to 8-9 million. I was running incredibly tight margins and moving a lot, so perhaps I was helping there?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DR_Mechano said:

24.3 million once you factor in AH costs, but otherwise you're spot on.

Everlasting's Actionette 

Also Wolfhound, Starwave, Blue Gale, Relativity Rabbit, and many more!

17 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

If you are willing to wait you can get a huge discount on the expensive IOs.

For example i saved around 5 mil per purple IO by just bidding on them and waiting a week.  

A week is an awfully long time to wait to IO out a toon, but I mostly just play the market these days so maybe I don't have a true understanding of value anymore.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Darkir said:

A week is an awfully long time to wait to IO out a toon, but I mostly just play the market these days so maybe I don't have a true understanding of value anymore.

Well, sure, a week is a week. 

Course compared to collecting raid points by doing nightly "oogly boogly" boss raids for a month just to bid on one no drop item ... its not bad at all. 

Say you have 3 purple sets in a build, and save 30 million a set, that's 90 million saved in a week.   

1 hour ago, MunkiLord said:

From May to November I was converting 20-100 Lucks a day to the +Recharge and listing them for 6.5 million each and selling out daily. 

Took a break for a month and the prices Rose to 8-9 million. I was running incredibly tight margins and moving a lot, so perhaps I was helping there?

20-100 a DAY?  How many converters were you burning through?  I only use converters to make marketable stuff out of crap like Air Bursts and Essence of Curarii, stopping when the result would sell for 1.5M+, and I still burn through 30 or 40 converters just to reach that meager goal.  

Unless there's a trick I am missing, you must have churned through thousands of those little guys!

6 hours ago, Obus Form said:

Totally agree.  Having been one of those that bought inf off websites, etc, and where prices on live skyrocketed from 100million per purple IO (back when ITF was just released) to eventually reach 2 billion per purple, HC has pretty much solved inflation and prevented anyone cornering the market because of its:

1) converters system allowing all IOs to be available

2) seeding the market 

3) pooling all of the same IOs together in one pool (crafted, attuned, etc)

Also, with the plethora of information available on the forums, it is up to the individual player to take the initiative and drive themselves to COH financial success

And everything is available from merit vendors for reasonable merit costs (none of this 500 merits + 100 million inf or whatever BS it was back on live). For what it's worth, purple IOs never got as expensive as you claim back on live. The only things that sold for that much were a few select PvP IOs and that was less of an inflation thing and more of a rarity thing since PvP IOs only dropped off PvP defeats whereas on Homecoming they drop off NPCs as well.

3 hours ago, roleki said:

That's supply and demand at work though. Even though supply probably outstrips demand, prices for the +rech are higher because people are still willing to pay that much. You can probably lowball it and wait a few days to get it for cheaper, or just buy one of the cheaper pieces and convert in-set.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

4 minutes ago, Obus Form said:

100% each good purple (PBAOE and targeted AOE and melee) and rare PVP ios were 2 billion each on Freedom server by the time Freemium play waa available

The Panacea unique approached that point (I think it was 1-1.5 billion) and the Gladiator's Armor +3% def unique routinely sold off market for 3-4 billion. I think the Shield Wall +res unique was near the 2 billion mark as well, but the highest any purples got were 250-300 million.

• Like 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube