Unobtainable Badges

Sakai

If you fail even 1 timed mission there's this badge https://n15g.github.io/badger/homecoming/badge/efficiency-expert

This should be fixed in my opinion, since a disconnection, power outage or other real life things could ruin a badge character permanently.

The April Fools Badge the Positron had on live spacer.png

Edited by Rooster Gold
  • Like 1

There's a list of inactive badges on City Info Tracker, mostly all of those removed AE badges.  https://cit.cohtitan.com/badges/inactive

Of course this doesn't cover any of the Homecoming changes.

There's also this list of the internal names of all badges in the game: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bMLSg0CLRDg-gcaRAe06aEnfQ-GXxcfv/view

Few notes about that one though, I don't know how current it is, so it may not have everything. Just found it from a google search. There's also a lot of things in the list that aren't actually badges, since the devs also used invisible badges as flags for various mission or system stuff.

However, this list can still be fun to play around with, since the beta server on Homecoming allows a couple a GM commands, including the one that lets you unlock any badge you want as long as you know the internal name (of course that doesn't work on the live servers). It's what I used to test and verify that Bug Hunter and Beta Tester don't count towards your badge totals, for example.

Edited by Piyerus
  • Thanks 2

When I received the Bard badge during i14, I immediately created:

1930253342_williamshakespeare.thumb.JPG.268fc09031ac36074df3a2fe6162f5d2.JPG

After the badge was made inaccessible, I did not dare to even check his list. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Is it possible to get the "Impounder" badge anymore (destroy 100 cars in mayhem missions)?  I've been smashing cars left and right and STILL haven't gotten it... yet I have the "Force of Nature" accolade.
I'm confused.  Please help.

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

42 minutes ago, Shocktacular said:

Is it possible to get the "Impounder" badge anymore (destroy 100 cars in mayhem missions)?  I've been smashing cars left and right and STILL haven't gotten it... yet I have the "Force of Nature" accolade.

I'm going to guess that you're a Vigilante. 

Certain badges are flagged Hero- or Villain-only, and while anyone can earn credit towards them, you don't actually get the badge unless you're the correct faction (Vigilantes count as Heroes, and Rogues count as Villains).

As to why you have Force of Nature without the prerequisites: Any power-granting Accolade is automatically granted when you have its opposite faction equivalent and switch sides. So you probably earned the Hero version, switched to Villain and got FoN, then switched back to Vigilante. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/24/2020 at 6:23 PM, Nericus said:

Beta tester. 

I appear to have been awarded this on my characters that are currently on the beta test server. Has anyone else that uses the beta servers noticed this badge in their inventory? It showed up for me at the top of 'Accolades', but it does not appear to count towards the total (as noted by Piyerus) nor does it appear in my character info badge list.

2 hours ago, Sakai said:

There is a badge for denying inspirations?  Any idea what is called how many you need?

There are four, actually. The details are in the attached screenshot. There are also a number of currently disabled badges for rejecting specific inspiration types, which only show up via the settitle command, but who knows if those badges will ever actually become active.

insp_reject.png

• Thanks 1

Wait... there's badges for rejecting inspirations?  Are there badges for rejecting recipes too?  Where are these badge lists, anyway?

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!

55 minutes ago, Shocktacular said:

Wait... there's badges for rejecting inspirations?  Are there badges for rejecting recipes too?  Where are these badge lists, anyway?

Yes, yes, and the Badger badge tracker.

• Thanks 1

The only badge I know about that is unobtainable at present is the one for the Nemesis invasion. We simply haven't had one yet. Not sure why. The rest are obtainable because there's got to be at least half a dozen folks that have every badge. (discounting bug hunter)

9 hours ago, Ukase said:

The only badge I know about that is unobtainable at present is the one for the Nemesis invasion. We simply haven't had one yet. Not sure why. The rest are obtainable because there's got to be at least half a dozen folks that have every badge. (discounting bug hunter)

Going off memory here but I think the nemesis invasion ran during anniversary month back in the day, which is May as I recall.  The game returned last May but we were all starting over and rebuilding alts. So with luck May 2020 is Nemesis invasion time

Also aren't we due for a month of rikti invasions?

Edited by Nericus
  • Like 2

Just my hunch - but looking at the badge leaders who have 1525 (which include the anniversary badges I don't have) none of them have the nemesis event badge, so pretty sure it hasn't happened for whatever reason. 

The event has not happened yet, I stand at 1529 badges and await the event for the final badge.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Nemesis_Plot_Invasion_Event

Looks like Nericus' memory is right.  May was when it ran, the game returned last May and May is anniversary month. 

Can't wait to crush that Dr Doom inspired tin can into tin foil!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 alts with all the badges!

• 1 month later
On 2/28/2020 at 7:07 AM, Shocktacular said:

I got this as a villain, switched to hero using Null the Gull, switched back to villain and it was gone. It didn't even appear as partially completed when I biffed some more cars. My other mayhem badges are still there, e.g. Safecracker.

I just did Roy Cooling's arc TWICE, and I was VERY careful about rescuing all the Injured Rogue PPD for the "No One Left Behind" badge.  The Nav text said I got all of them. I didn't get the badge.  Anyone know what the deal is, or have a similar issue?

On 3/4/2020 at 7:30 PM, AboveTheChemist said:

There are four, actually. The details are in the attached screenshot. There are also a number of currently disabled badges for rejecting specific inspiration types, which only show up via the settitle command, but who knows if those badges will ever actually become active.

insp_reject.png

How does this not have a ZFG tier or accolade?  Shouldn't need more than the abbreviation to deliver the message.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.