Perma Haste

I have just over 100 percent recharge from the recharge enhancements and the bonuses and I still do not have enough for perma hasten. Does anyone know the number for how much recharge you need in order to get perma hasten? That's counting the 3 recharge enhancements that I have on my hasten. I've been trying to find out but I can't find it anywhere.

Marshal Valor

Commander of the 1st Fist of Light

Hasten

Recharge = 450s

Duration = 120s

450 / 120 = 3.75 = +275% total recharge from all sources required for Hasten to auto-cast @ 120s after last cast

Force Feedback procs can help but there's simply no way to get more than 24 Force Feedback procs per 120s (which is 1 per 5 seconds over 120 seconds).  Under most circumstances, you can rarely expect a Force Feedback proc more often than once every 10 seconds on average (and none while not in combat).

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

14 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Hasten

Recharge = 450s

Duration = 120s

450 / 120 = 3.75 = +275% total recharge from all sources required for Hasten to auto-cast @ 120s after last cast

Force Feedback procs can help but there's simply no way to get more than 24 Force Feedback procs per 120s (which is 1 per 5 seconds over 120 seconds).  Under most circumstances, you can rarely expect a Force Feedback proc more often than once every 10 seconds on average (and none while not in combat).

This is the correct math for the subject.   But keep in mind, there's really very little difference between perma hasten and hasten with a 5-15 second "unhastened" period.  First, on a lot of teams, you'll have some sort of recharge boost that make up that gap.  Second, if you're running an attack chain non-stop and every two minutes there's a .3 second cap in 1-2 cycles it's of very little consequence... you might even click build-up or some other click power during that gap and loose nothing.

I find 275% recharge usually requires difficult sacrifices, whereas 250% usually allows me to get nearly everything else I want in a build.

Edited by Shred Monkey
  • Thanks 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

As Redlynne said the magic number is 275% now hasten will give you 70%, so you have to come up with 205% from enhancement sets. 

Ageless Core Epiphany is an Incarnate power for your Alpha slot.It will give you an increase in recharge rate, I think its 33% but not sure. 

15 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

This is the correct math for the subject.   But keep in mind, there's really very little difference between perma hasten and hasten with a 5-15 second "unhastened" period.  First, on a lot of teams, you'll have some sort of recharge boost that make up that gap.  Second, if you're running an attack chain non-stop and every two minutes there's a .3 second cap in 1-2 cycles it's of very little consequence... you might even click build-up or some other click power during that gap and loose nothing.

I find 275% recharge usually requires difficult sacrifices, whereas 250% is usually allows me to get nearly everything else I want in a build.

I really like this clarification.  Not being Snarky. Well. I mean. I am Snarky.  But. Okay i been watching too much SNL

anyways the logic is perfect. Not being perma is not a huge deal.  The only time you need a solid perma is for Perma-Domination. 

My main is a super high recharge Brute. Hasten has a very small downtime. It is not a deal killer. I waste more time combining  inspirations and lining up where i want all my next attacks to group for max carnage. 

Edited by Snarky

If you like math, here's some formulas that can help you solve whatever recharge question you might have.

As mentioned already, +275% is the number you're trying to reach. With 100% enhancement in your recharge, and the 70% you get from Hasten, you will only need another 105% global recharge from outside sources (buffs, set bonuses).

But even if you don't hit +275%, let's say you hit +265% (w/ hasten), the power will recharge in 124 seconds, and you probably won't notice the 4 second gap.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

9 hours ago, Marshal Valor said:

I have just over 100 percent recharge from the recharge enhancements and the bonuses and I still do not have enough for perma hasten. Does anyone know the number for how much recharge you need in order to get perma hasten? That's counting the 3 recharge enhancements that I have on my hasten. I've been trying to find out but I can't find it anywhere.

I'll chime in on this point: Once you get to level 47+ you should only go with 2 slots in Hasten, each with a lvl 50 IO Recharge, boosted. I believe you only have to boost each of them to 50+4 to get as much self-slotted recharge in Hasten as mathematically possible (barring planning for Slow/-Recharge effects, I suppose) given Enhancement Diversification.

I have two approaches to (perma) Hasten. I either go for it, or I don't. 😛 Given the ATs I play, it is actually somewhat rare that I build for perma-Hasten. Dominators are the AT that have benefited the most (for perma-Dom), with a Crabbermind (for spawning pets and attacks) the next AT that benefit from perma-Hasten. Any toon that spams a lot of attacks certainly can appreciate more (global) Recharge.

If I'm close to Perma-Hasten, I will try to get past the point of Perma just to avoid the Endurance crash...assuming that the build can re-trigger Hasten before the crash. Mileage varies of course.

Honestly, unless you're looking for something like Perma Phantom Army, Perma Hasten just isn't necessary, just aim for 70% global recharge and viola, you have essentially perma hasten.

Also, Agility is a Destiny power, not an alpha power.

What this team needs is more Defenders

Just now, Psyonico said:

Honestly, unless you're looking for something like Perma Phantom Army, Perma Hasten just isn't necessary, just aim for 70% global recharge and viola, you have essentially perma hasten.

Also, Agility is a Destiny power, not an alpha power.

Agility is an Alpha power, Ageless is a Destiny power.

10 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

I find 275% recharge usually requires difficult sacrifices, whereas 250% is usually allows me to get nearly everything else I want in a build.

I second this. Only a few of my characters have perma hasten without the help of Ageless, one of those being my SR Scrapper because it's so easy on that build.

1 hour ago, tidge said:

I'll chime in on this point: Once you get to level 47+ you should only go with 2 slots in Hasten, each with a lvl 50 IO Recharge, boosted. I believe you only have to boost each of them to 50+4 to get as much self-slotted recharge in Hasten as mathematically possible (barring planning for Slow/-Recharge effects, I suppose) given Enhancement Diversification.

I have two approaches to (perma) Hasten. I either go for it, or I don't. 😛 Given the ATs I play, it is actually somewhat rare that I build for perma-Hasten. Dominators are the AT that have benefited the most (for perma-Dom), with a Crabbermind (for spawning pets and attacks) the next AT that benefit from perma-Hasten. Any toon that spams a lot of attacks certainly can appreciate more (global) Recharge.

If I'm close to Perma-Hasten, I will try to get past the point of Perma just to avoid the Endurance crash...assuming that the build can re-trigger Hasten before the crash. Mileage varies of course.

how do you boost an IO to 50+4?

Something to keep in mind. in the pre ED/IO Set era, hasten being perma was a staple, but that was only hastens bonus globally. If you get at least 70% from sets and special IOs, your as good as having hasten perma back in the 1 acc and 5 dmg SO building days.

For ATs like scrappers, if they take most or all of their primary set, then they will have a full attack chain without hasten being in the mix. If your toggle heavy, then global recharge really isnt doing that much for those powers either.

For example I never bother with heavy global recharge on a set like will power. maybe a few lotg specials and some easy set bonuses at most for abit of extra but its not a need like on say a click heavy set like regen.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

Something to keep in mind. in the pre ED/IO Set era, hasten being perma was a staple, but that was only hastens bonus globally. If you get at least 70% from sets and special IOs, your as good as having hasten perma back in the 1 acc and 5 dmg SO building days.

For ATs like scrappers, if they take most or all of their primary set, then they will have a full attack chain without hasten being in the mix. If your toggle heavy, then global recharge really isnt doing that much for those powers either.

For example I never bother with heavy global recharge on a set like will power. maybe a few lotg specials and some easy set bonuses at most for abit of extra but its not a need like on say a click heavy set like regen.

Exactly.  However, you might end up slightly lower theoretical dps in some sets by using lower dpa attacks in the set instead of being able to use higher dpa ones more often.  But a lot of times the difference isn't going to be hugely noticeable.  Personally I usually go for having more attacks just to make things less boring.  Using the same 3 attacks over and over again gets real old to me.  Also like being able to skip hasten on sets with click mez protection since you can't put them both on auto.

Edited by Riverdusk

2 hours ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

There are always exceptions. On my Dark Dark Brute i run 12 toggles.  And super high recharge is part if the focus of the build.  Because it brings up the PBAoEs in Dark melee that replenish health and end and come up so often they are a miny AoE attack chain in themselves especially with Judgement layered in top on e in a while

I only ever had two characters with perma Hasten.

1)  My mind dom since every scrap of recharge let him stack that much more hold on AV's.

2)  My earth/rad troller because Accelerate Metabolism made it easy.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

2 hours ago, Solarverse said:

I have personally found Perma Hasten is seldom worth the effort. I feel very few builds benefit from it.

Time Manipulation and Nature Affinity would like to "have words" with you about that assertion ...

• Haha 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

1 minute ago, Redlynne said:

Time Manipulation and Nature Affinity would like to "have words" with you about that assertion ...

Nope, I refuse to argue with Time Manipulation and Nature Affinity! *Runs away as fast as I can*