Facepalm react

Can we get a Facepalm react for forum posts please.

For some posts Sad or Confused just don't convey the right emotion, but a Facepalm will do the trick.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

On 4/5/2020 at 3:48 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

Can we get a Facepalm react for forum posts please.

For some posts Sad or Confused just don't convey the right emotion, but a Facepalm will do the trick.

Post a picard facepalm like a pro.

Who needs these silly emojis.

facepalm.png

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Noyjitat said:

Post a picard facepalm like a pro.

Who needs these silly emojis.

facepalm.png

Well... one's a post and the other is a react.

Duh... 

• Thanks 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Indeed.
A post bumps the thread, bringing it up for others.

A Reaction is an efficient way to express a sentiment without having to directly engage in a dialogue which you already know the other party will not respect.  It allows you to reinforce a sentiment and not go dragging things out needlessly.

(Normally, at least.  Some people make a point about how vexing it is for them to receive Reactions they don't agree with.)

• Thanks 1

Valid question which provides a sobering bit of perspective, Blastit.

While it may give the Reacting user a sense of "getting it out of their system," as opposed to making a reply which could incidentally lead to toxicity, the IDEAL might be that people just don't respond at all in those situations.

I mean . . . unless Reputation Reactions are used and tracked by GMs to keep an eye on trends for social dynamics or market research, I suppose the beneficial impact would probably be limited, as near as I can tell.

Red; anything you can think of to apply more rationale for the inclusion of the facepalm?

8 hours ago, ArchVileTerror said:

Valid question which provides a sobering bit of perspective, Blastit.

While it may give the Reacting user a sense of "getting it out of their system," as opposed to making a reply which could incidentally lead to toxicity, the IDEAL might be that people just don't respond at all in those situations.

I mean . . . unless Reputation Reactions are used and tracked by GMs to keep an eye on trends for social dynamics or market research, I suppose the beneficial impact would probably be limited, as near as I can tell.

Red; anything you can think of to apply more rationale for the inclusion of the facepalm?

You are likely right. It provides an outlet without toxifying a thread with a posted response.

It could be like confused which I believe is reputation neutral.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ArchVileTerror said:

Facepalm is a different flavor of Sad.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

16 minutes ago, ArchVileTerror said:

Shit.  I totally forgot there were two Reds when I said that.

. . . see?  THIS is why we need a Facepalm react!  So I could apply it to myself right now.

spacer.png  Goblin_King_exasperation.gif

• Thanks 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

• 1 month later
  • 2 weeks later