Argo Cap

I would like to Suggest that the devs do away with the argo cap all together, Make the game more fun for us Vet Tankers and Brutes, Make the game the way it use to be, Everyone had a place /role in the game, Hell now it's where everyone is on the same playing field. a blaster standing toe to toe with a brute or tank when they should be toast not being able to handle when a brute or tank can handle., if i want to pull the whole map i should be able to do it,, think cap is 15 now raise it to 100 if your scared to do away with it, 

No fair, Red!  I purposefully bit my tongue not to bump this thread!

*waggles finger*

. . . ugh, now that we're here . . . 

This topic has come up a lot.

A lot.

A LOT, a lot.

And the answer is:  This isn't the server for that.  

Sorry.  You'll probably get better mileage out of one of the other City of Heroes revival servers out there.  This one just isn't going to futz around with target caps.  Not unless something HUGE changes.

1 hour ago, Power Extreme said:

I would like to Suggest that the devs do away with the argo cap all together, Make the game more fun for us Vet Tankers and Brutes, Make the game the way it use to be, Everyone had a place /role in the game, Hell now it's where everyone is on the same playing field. a blaster standing toe to toe with a brute or tank when they should be toast not being able to handle when a brute or tank can handle., if i want to pull the whole map i should be able to do it,, think cap is 15 now raise it to 100 if your scared to do away with it, 

Folks get what you are saying, however, when making this type of request the are considerations of exploitation and balance across the player base that will usually trump said request.

An argument that addresses concerns that may be raised could get more traction (no promises).

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1 hour ago, Redlynne said:

Argo cap ...?

It's a Argo City, home of Supergirl.  The city was capped (or domed, if you prefer) to protect the atmosphere from the hard vacuum of space.

But if we do away with it, won't all those people suffocate?

• Haha 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Just now, Haijinx said:

8625db90de1e1566545522f60346caac.jpg

Don't do away with that Cap either.  Caps, and manners, of course, maketh man

• Thanks 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Hard fucking NO here.

I DO NOT want to go back to the days where the tanks demand the group wait to herd the entire map.

That shit has been gone since issue 5.  It is now issue 26.

Let

It

Go

And if you are talking from a firefarming point of view:  your ass would get handed to you if the entire map was on you and your 5/10/16 target limit AoEs are chipping away at the army.  youd die.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Power Extreme said:

Completely removing Tankers and Brutes as ATs would be more desirable in my opinion.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Haijinx said:

8625db90de1e1566545522f60346caac.jpg

Dammit, I had to go and do housework and someone beat me to it.

So instead, I'm going to go all fanboy nerd and point out that's not an Argo cap.

753055-captain_avatar_large.gif.646cc55c06622dacdb9545f67a0d6667.gif

This is an Argo cap.

🙂  🙂  🙂 

(And the mods would probably kill me if I linked to my episode-by-episode review of 2199...)

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Since nobody beat me to it.

/jranger

• Haha 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

• City Council
7 minutes ago, ArchVileTerror said:

I'm not a sir.

. . . does this mean I may continue the proscribed beatings?

No, ma'am. Perma-Haten is verboten.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

I would like to recommend avoiding the gendered honourifics, please.

Also, since I'm feeling a bit bad about being the most prolific perpetrator of threadjacking here, I'd also like to offer @Power Extreme a reply that isn't meant to mock or detract from their intended suggestion:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/11011-tank-aggro-cap/
https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/9275-can-we-get-rid-of-aggro-cap/
https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/1333-remove-aggro-cap/
https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/1332-aggro-cap-removal-or-changed/
https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/509-aggro-cap-and-patrol-xp/

These threads are all examples of the topic coming up in the past.  There are some solid reasons and explanations in them that explain the reason that Aggro Caps were put in place, and some of the negative impact removing them would have.
I hope the information is helpful.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GM Widower said:

No, ma'am. Perma-Haten is verboten.

That's not what you told me!

On 7/4/2019 at 12:49 PM, GM Widower said:

By the power vested in me by... well, me, mostly, I henceforth declare Perma Haten GONE TO THE AMERICANS! Please abuse it.