The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Mission Exit button not working

Sicarus

Ever since yesterday's server reset my end of mission exit button no longer works. I now have to run back out of the mission. At first it was intermittent, but now it's every mission. This was not happening for any of my teammates last night, and it's still doing it when I finish missions this morning. 

Is there a setting I've somehow switched? I've looked thru the Options but don't see anything.

I've had a problem in the past where the mouse cursor was offset a bit. I could still click on doors and target mobs etc but I couldn't click small things like the exit button or power buttons.

I can't remember what I did to fix it unfortunately. It might have involved UI scaling or I might simply have rebooted the PC.

Moving all the windows back to their original positions does seem to fix the problem, but I like to have my map open at all times, so I've moved it to the top right corner of the screen.  Since this seems to fix the issue, I've created a macro of this command and I'll use it as a workaround.

Thanks for letting me know of this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/30/2020 at 9:06 AM, Sicarus said:

Moving all the windows back to their original positions does seem to fix the problem, but I like to have my map open at all times, so I've moved it to the top right corner of the screen.  Since this seems to fix the issue, I've created a macro of this command and I'll use it as a workaround.

Thanks for letting me know of this.

Is your map still linked to the Nav Bar or did you unlink it before giving it a time out? I tend to unlink anything that comes linked to the nave bar that I can unlink. That way I can move them around as needed without the nav bar being moved.

• 3 years later
1 minute ago, Techwright said:

No underscores like @ArchVileTerror had in their post?

The game ignores underscores so it doesn't matter if they are there or not. They can make the command more human-readable, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Game Master

I find playing in 4K and having to increase the UI so it's not teeny tiny causes the buttons to shift and the clicky bit to be offset. Dragging enhancements is a challenge and the enhancements themselves only show a quarter of the image. But it looks pretty though 🙂 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GM Crumpet said:

I find playing in 4K and having to increase the UI so it's not teeny tiny causes the buttons to shift and the clicky bit to be offset. Dragging enhancements is a challenge and the enhancements themselves only show a quarter of the image. But it looks pretty though 🙂 

I'm on an ultrawide and the cutscenes are always cut off on the tops and bottoms due to the forced letterboxing.

I bind it to the F9 button, with Alt-F9 being game exit. Much easier than finding the teeny exit button on the screen or (IMVHO) finding a not-much-larger macro icon taking up tray space.

/bind F9 "requestexitmission 1"
/bind ALT+F9 "show quit"

I had the latter followed with an auto-execute so that it was a one-key smash to desktop, but after at least one midgame mistake, I made it require the click to exit.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

15 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

I bind it to the F9 button, with Alt-F9 being game exit. Much easier than finding the teeny exit button on the screen or (IMVHO) finding a not-much-larger macro icon taking up tray space.

/bind F9 "requestexitmission 1"
/bind ALT+F9 "show quit"

I had the latter followed with an auto-execute so that it was a one-key smash to desktop, but after at least one midgame mistake, I made it require the click to exit.

I do the same key myself to exit the mission. It was better than the Hi im so and so a lvl $$ Archetype.

Got a bind to advance a mission in a story arc or TF without all the clicks by chance?

1 hour ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I do the same key myself to exit the mission. It was better than the Hi im so and so a lvl $$ Archetype.

Got a bind to advance a mission in a story arc or TF without all the clicks by chance?

Nothing on tap; I don't do TFs so I'm not familiar with the flow, Wouldn't be surprised if it was more of a scripting need than just binds.

One of the advantages to having mission exit on a big, fat button is to let you tackle that last cleanup mob or boss or goal, and have a fastfastfast exit if it gets away from you.

• Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

23 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

I find playing in 4K

23 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

But it looks pretty though

Yeah, it looks great, but the text on some of the stuff that was far too small even when I increased the UI size and text size.

The game just isn't up to playing at 4K at this time.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

44 minutes ago, Starhawk32 said:

I don't know if it has been mentioned but I just base portal out if exit is missing

If you don't happen to have a base portal or base teleport available, logging out of the character and logging back exits you from the mission as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 8/8/2023 at 5:30 PM, GM Crumpet said:

Odd. I have no problem in straight-up 4K or (49") 5K. At least, nothing like that. I have so many things remapped, though, that I rarely click the UI buttons and menus.

• 2 weeks later