Would it be possible to unnerf regen?

I agree. My first toon was a Broadsword Regen. It was fun. DESPITE what jealous people (especially when the new PvP came out), they are not unkillable. They were dependent on luck (defense). If burst damage hit them they were a faceplant. Sadly they underwent 7 issues of endless nerfs and became a flavor of the month for a short while because of other toon nerfs (which games were all too happy to pile on their players back in that era). Please give us back our old Regens, the current one is a micromanagers dream come true and I hate it.

Airman America

Legion of Lost Planet Airmen

For me only real change I see as a need for regen is making IH a toggle again.  that was the core of regens power the massive healing once you got to a certain point

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

We should unnerf regen so the new team gets the full experience of nerfing it again! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Just now, Bentley Berkeley said:

Also seriously man, with all the shit going on in the U.S. politically and the civil  unrest and you think ending on a variant of the MAGA chant is acceptable on a game forum? Especially one like CoH were most characters would if in this real world of ours atm likely be deemed gone rogue because they would be out beating down cops faster then a red sider would in cohverse.

Actually they would be beating down rioters, ie hellions, AND prosecuting the FEW bad cops.  Your moral compass is broken.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Guardian survivor

I was just playing my lvl 22 SJ/Regen scrapper on a Posi 2.  There were times I was the only one who went down, but there were times I was still up and beating on clocks, vahz, and COT while the rest of the team was popping awakens.  I'd just done Posi 1 and didn't have time to buy/craft basic IO's for more than a few slots.  I just kept going.  At least once I had no hp I could see (what is that like 1 or 2) but once everything went down, it came back real quick.  I haven't gotten to the point yet where long fights stop making me shut off sprint or ninja to conserve end.  

I had a broadsword/regen scrapper on Live that wouldn't stop and barely ever faceplanted.  It happened.  After 50, I once got reminded to slow down because other people cared about debt and end and health.  That was back when people had to break between fights to let some powers come back and regain end.  

But please, I like my regen.  Having IH be a toggle again would be great.  But, stop nerfing it.  There's hardly any PVP on COX, so why do people complain others' sets are too powerful.  We're all more or less on the same team.

2 hours ago, Wicko said:

I was just playing my lvl 22 SJ/Regen scrapper on a Posi 2.  There were times I was the only one who went down, but there were times I was still up and beating on clocks, vahz, and COT while the rest of the team was popping awakens.  I'd just done Posi 1 and didn't have time to buy/craft basic IO's for more than a few slots.  I just kept going.  At least once I had no hp I could see (what is that like 1 or 2) but once everything went down, it came back real quick.  I haven't gotten to the point yet where long fights stop making me shut off sprint or ninja to conserve end. 

This is exactly the niche my regen scrapper lives in also.  The set is simply great when you're level 20.  And when you have precious little resistance or defense in your primary, damage is damage, mostly.  Limitless endurance at the Synapse levels is regen's advantage over other primaries.  And there are advantages to having a character built to run this sort of material. 

Mine even has all her incarnate unlocks.  Got them all farming Original Posi and Penny Yin. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

20 hours ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

Also seriously man, with all the shit going on in the U.S. politically and the civil  unrest and you think ending on a variant of the MAGA chant is acceptable on a game forum? Especially one like CoH were most characters would if in this real world of ours atm likely be deemed gone rogue because they would be out beating down cops faster then a red sider would in cohverse.

Giving phrases and meanings more power than they should by not speaking them often leads to said phrases having more importance than they once would. I saw the poster as more "memeing" the phrase, and the phrase existed long before the rise of the George Floyd protests. This was just a bit unnecessary. Please remember that online jokes can fall flat and humor can get lost in cybernetic translation, the same tone and inflection a voice can give doesn't always translate online. Also, what one finds offensive is often purely subjective, policing people's ideas and thoughts so critically goes against our first amendment and I speak as someone who is more sympathetic toward said causes and more affected by this geopolitically than most people.

On 6/7/2020 at 10:48 AM, Bentley Berkeley said:

Especially one like CoH were most characters would if in this real world of ours atm likely be deemed gone rogue because they would be out beating down cops faster then a red sider would in cohverse.

Ah, so you'd be one of those easily manipulated heroes that only needs the seed of the media to send you on an unjust rampage.

I always thought it'd be an interesting angle to basically run all of Paragon City's media outlets as a villain in order to create a civil war among its citizens.  The stories we get in game really don't do the angle justice in just how insidious it is.

• Like 2

On 5/24/2020 at 11:36 PM, Heraclea said:

Regen is objectively inferior to other armor sets.  You can improve it with set bonuses and pool powers, but the same can be done to any blaster or defender.  It remains the case that, like the blaster or defender, you're starting damn near close to zero on resistance and defense. 

Relying on click heals and other trouble buttons is simply unworkable where power sets are 'balanced' by lengthening animation times, as happened with the Energy Melee nerf.  Nothing at character creation warns you against this, either.  Animation traps are just too common for Regen in the current game. 

This 3000, especially the very first sentence.  Animation traps are a death sentence for this set.  It simply is not up to snuff with other sets.

Funny thing is, I've found that sentinel regen is actually quite good in DA because it doesn't care about damage flavor, it's pretty much all just damage (I do have L/S resistance built up some, but nothing else. If things get hairy you pop a purple and on you go. It might actually be the best sent set in DA (though perhaps SR is better). 

My TW/Reg Brute planned build:
image.png.f4f161317b98917449a85149696dfc8c.png

That's at Level 50, without Incarnates. Barrier would be at least +5%, and Melee Core at least +17% but only half the time (but Regen works very well with temporary buffs as it can fill the 2 minute Melee Core downtime with MoG -> IH -> MoG).
Granted, this requires micro-management of defensive powers, but frankly that's why I like it: toggle and forget defensive sets aren't that interesting to me. So if you're willing to micro-manage, it's not like it has no Resists or Defenses.
BTW, Defenses (with Defensive Sweep, and no DDR, so they won't perform quite as nice as they seem):
image.png.165920a90abbbe56db0c18a8812447d0.png

Edited by Coyote

1 hour ago, drbuzzard said:

Funny thing is, I've found that sentinel regen is actually quite good in DA because it doesn't care about damage flavor, it's pretty much all just damage (I do have L/S resistance built up some, but nothing else. If things get hairy you pop a purple and on you go. It might actually be the best sent set in DA (though perhaps SR is better). 

Sentinel Regen is not the same thing as Scrapper/Brute/Stalker Regen. 

10 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

Sentinel Regen is not the same thing as Scrapper/Brute/Stalker Regen. 

I am well aware of that. Though I have suggested people might like the other regen version to be made like sentinel regen. 

56 minutes ago, drbuzzard said:

Actually on a sentinel a big chunk of your survival is the toggle absorb shield, so it is more of the toggle and forget play style (which I like since I'm lazy). 

I think that's a perfectly fine perspective.  Some players like the more hands-off sets.

I think my only problem is, there aren't many active armors sets for players that either want a change of pace or that simply like the busy-ness.  Worse yet, the meta seems to want to make as many sets hands-offish as possible.

Time to post again...

how to fix regen

1. Give more -regen resist

2. Either lower recharge a bit or increase duration of instant healing or moment of glory 

3. give stalkers some +recovery in combination with fast healing

4. allow Rez to be used while alive (like sentinels)

5. Have the heals in dull pain and reconstruction fire off at the beginning of the animation, rather then towards the end. 

39 minutes ago, 0th Power said:

1. Give more -regen resist

You know what, don't give them just that, give them resistance to EVERY status effect. -regen, - defense, -recharge, confuse, slows etc etc. Just load up the set with every debuff resistance you can get, and in the 75% range.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I like the idea of making its Revive power have some offensive utility (damage bonus, make it a proc bomb, idk) and able to be used while the character is alive and also by dramatically reducing the cooldown of revive.  This would give regen at least a unique niche - whereas every other powerset tries to keep you from dying in the first place (and some have self-revives in case it goes wrong), regen would be a powerset that treats 'defeat' as more of a status effect. 

6 hours ago, Machariel said:

I like the idea of making its Revive power have some offensive utility (damage bonus, make it a proc bomb, idk) and able to be used while the character is alive and also by dramatically reducing the cooldown of revive.  This would give regen at least a unique niche - whereas every other powerset tries to keep you from dying in the first place (and some have self-revives in case it goes wrong), regen would be a powerset that treats 'defeat' as more of a status effect. 

All the self rezzes should have some added effects. 

And they should all work when alive.

Self rezzes harken back to a bygone era when wakies were harder to get, no one had p2w rezzes, etc.

You can play weeks without any team members even going to the hospital.  

You can play months on a melee toon without a defeat.