What to do with Candy Cames?

Troyusrex

Because I've been dealing in Super Packs for the last 6+ months, I have a lot of odd stuff lying around. One of them is hundreds of Candy Canes. I went to the Elf and bought all the badges and temps powers. Now what? It looks like my only real option is Buying, crafting and selling Winter's Gift, which should give a smallish profit. I could get a respec recipe for 500 canes, but that seems like a bad deal since they cost 10X what Winter's gift costs while selling for about the same plus I have 53 sitting in Character Items (not to mention all the free ones I got).

Any better ideas? Maybe just throw the canes on the market and take what I get? Do they get any more valuable during the winter event?

3 hours ago, Troyusrex said:

It looks like my only real option is Buying, crafting and selling Winter's Gift, which should give a smallish profit.

You should be able to convert those crafted Winter's Gifts, they count as Rare in the converter.

Too bad you can't make peppermint ice cream out of candy canes.

• Thanks 1

If it matters, all the Candy Keeper's temp powers are actually...temporary.  The Snow Beast is sometimes useful, but you probably have a bunch in your email already from the packs.  The only one I regularly buy from the CK is the Renewal of Light (self-rez) at 20 canes every 8 days, just in case.

If you're feeling saucy, the Duplicating Gift (25 Canes, 30,000 inf) is fun, and it's worth two badges (one for giving, one for getting).  You have to be ready to roll with it when you buy it, though, because it only lasts 10 minutes.  Grab one and head immediately to a populated area so you can pass it around.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 5:28 PM, Troyusrex said:

Because I've been dealing in Super Packs for the last 6+ months, I have a lot of odd stuff lying around. One of them is hundreds of Candy Canes. I went to the Elf and bought all the badges and temps powers. Now what? It looks like my only real option is Buying, crafting and selling Winter's Gift, which should give a smallish profit. I could get a respec recipe for 500 canes, but that seems like a bad deal since they cost 10X what Winter's gift costs while selling for about the same plus I have 53 sitting in Character Items (not to mention all the free ones I got).

Any better ideas? Maybe just throw the canes on the market and take what I get? Do they get any more valuable during the winter event?

I got as many winter's gifts as I could, then converted them all to Blessing of the Zephyr KB procs when they were selling routinely for 3m or more. Maybe 6 months ago? I got one yesterday for 1.8m, so those days are probably over. Still, given that rare salvage is now selling for a patient price of 425k or so, probably still worth it, unless the rng just despises you while converting. 

They will get a little more valuable during the winter months. Newer players who don't read the forums, or don't visit them until it's too late will want those badges but lack the canes and feel like they're running out of time pursuing them. But they'll likely never sell for much. 

• 1 month later

And why are candy canes going for 50K now??? I just listed about 700 at 40K and half were snapped up instantly and the rest going quickly.  Update: less than five minutes later and every last one sold at 50K! 

Now there was an unexpected windfall...

Edited by Troyusrex
Update

2 hours ago, Troyusrex said:

And why are candy canes going for 50K now??? I just listed about 700 at 40K and half were snapped up instantly and the rest going quickly.  Update: less than five minutes later and every last one sold at 50K! 

Now there was an unexpected windfall...

That does seem odd--I'd have expected something like that next week, once the Winter Event ends and people want to round out their stocks for badges, temp powers, etc..

• Like 1

• 2 years later
On 5/26/2020 at 6:28 PM, Troyusrex said:

Any better ideas?

when you see a crowded area, run to the pocket D and get duplicating gift and run around the crowded areas to share the joy ... works best in Atlas!

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

22 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

when you see a crowded area, run to the pocket D and get duplicating gift and run around the crowded areas to share the joy ... works best in Atlas!

I try to minimize the number of times I distribute Duplicating Gift (in a zone), only because leaving more characters without it allows the people gifted the gift to also get the badge by gifting it to others. Of course, it is impossible to know who needs either badge, but early in winter events there are always a large number of freshly-minted characters.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tidge said:

I try to minimize the number of times I distribute Duplicating Gift (in a zone), only because leaving more characters without it allows the people gifted the gift to also get the badge by gifting it to others. Of course, it is impossible to know who needs either badge, but early in winter events there are always a large number of freshly-minted characters.

every character that I threw a duplicating gift to in the AE room in PD was a success.

I think a huge number of players either don't know what it is or don't care.

I just think it is fun to run around giving presents to people.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.