Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer

Metalios

On 9/16/2019 at 9:44 AM, Derek Icelord said:

Blaster -> Temporal Manipulation -> Temporal Healing is missing a decimal point in the absorb %. It should be 60.24%, but is currently 6024%

I have fixed this in the upcoming version

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

6 hours ago, StrikerFox said:

It would be awesome if Accurate Defense Debuff IOs can be added to MM Grave Knight, Jounin, and all Merc pets. They can equip it as well as Enforcers. Thank you.

Already implemented in the version...release date still TBD.

• Like 1

Still waiting for you to export everything out of the application and make a web page that does the job ... and the longer it takes you to start that process the longer it's going to take to finally happen ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

14 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Still waiting for you to export everything out of the application and make a web page that does the job ... and the longer it takes you to start that process the longer it's going to take to finally happen ...

There isn't anything to export that would be worth using that couldn't be obtained via the server source, better off starting from scratch.

7 hours ago, crytilis said:

There isn't anything to export that would be worth using that couldn't be obtained via the server source, better off starting from scratch.

Agreed.

What's taking so long for that starting from scratch approach?  Wouldn't it be easier to maintain, in addition to platform agnostic?

IifneyR.gif

2 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Agreed.

What's taking so long for that starting from scratch approach?  Wouldn't it be easier to maintain, in addition to platform agnostic?

Programmers have different specialties.  C# is not HTML and CSS, and vice versa.  Plus, to be blunt, macOS and Linux users are a tiny fraction of the player base.  The vast majority use Windows, where Mids' works fine. 

Edited by Apparition

1 hour ago, Phoenix' said:

Wish there was a way to be able to run MRB on your mobile !!! 

It would be so awesome !!! 

The biggest thing that is preventing myself, or Maslow from doing any type of porting the app to different platforms is that just about everything inside of the app ties heavily into the Windows System.Drawing namespace within the .NET framework. For example. the creation of the power slots, enhancement slots, etc, are all done via Classes and Methods within that namespace. That in itself would be a massive undertaking, requiring hundreds of hours (most likely) in order to move away from this into something like Xamarin Forms and then changing all the individual pieces that made changes to it.

Someone had previously mentioned .NET Core also, this however does not solve that issue either. While .NET Core 3.x does support Winforms and WPF, they still require those types of applications to be ran on a Windows platform. A branch of MRB utilizing .NET Core 3.x has already been created and tested confirming this. NET Core however is more optimized than the .NET framework itself as in many cases, entire portions of the framework were re-created from scratch. This does seem to provide some performance increases and after more testing we may choose to move to this as the standard going forward.

Edited by crytilis

❤️ for the people working on Hero Designer. It's greatly appreciated.

Is there a way to add in external buffs? For instance, I have a scrapper that regularly runs with a partner defender. I know that character will usually have an extra layer of buffs at all times. I can handle the defense math easily enough, but accounting for external recharge buffs, in particular, is difficult.

I've poked around a bit without success, but I'm no build maestro, so I'm wondering if there's some options set that I'm missing.

50 minutes ago, crytilis said:

The biggest thing that is preventing myself, or Maslow from doing any type of porting the app to different platforms is that just about everything inside of the app ties heavily into the Windows System.Drawing namespace within the .NET framework. For example. the creation of the power slots, enhancement slots, etc, are all done via Classes and Methods within that namespace. That in itself would be a massive undertaking, requiring hundreds of hours (most likely) in order to move away from this into something like Xamarin Forms and then changing all the individual pieces that made changes to it.

Someone had previously mentioned .NET Core also, this however does not solve that issue either. While .NET Core 3.x does support Winforms and WPF, they still require those types of applications to be ran on a Windows platform. A branch of MRB utilizing .NET Core 3.x has already been created and tested confirming this. NET Core however is more optimized than the .NET framework itself as in many cases, entire portions of the framework were re-created from scratch. This does seem to provide some performance increases and after more testing we may choose to move to this as the standard going forward.

Forgive me for my ignorance but is it possible via a website? 

Thank you for making Mids Reborn!

I have a feature request.  Could you make it that when we export for forum use we can optionally include character sets as they appear on the popout window, ie resistances, defenses, runspeed haste, etc.  This, I think is far more useful for the forums and helping people understand a build then seeing set bonuses.

On 9/4/2019 at 8:46 AM, SmalltalkJava said:

Manual.    There is no transfer from game to mids.  

You can actually. 

1. In game type "/buildsave" without the quotes.
  2. In Mids Reborn click "File => Open".
  3. Navigate to "<YourCOHDirectory>\<YourAccountName>\Builds".
  4. Select the "build.txt" file and click "Open"

You should now see your characters build loaded into Mids Reborn. Enjoy!

Edited by crytilis
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6

7 hours ago, crytilis said:

You can actually. 

DUDE 😮 is is totally awesome!

8 hours ago, crytilis said:

You can actually. 

Amazing!!!

When I check Mystic Flight in the build planner, it shows an endurance cost of 0.36/s but when I look at the info in-game on Homecoming I see 0.46/s.

I figure this is an Off By One typo in the database, but it has implications for endurance budgeting for builds that use Mystic Flight instead of Hover.

This makes me wonder if there's possibly a bug(?) with the Activate period on the power.

0.182 / 0.5s = 0.362 endurance per second, as advertised

0.182 / 0.4s = 0.455 endurance per second, which is seen in the Show Info screens inside of Homecoming

So a difference in the activation period of 0.5 vs 0.4 would account for the discrepancy and still be an Off By One typo situation, just not in the place you'd expect it to be.

Edited by Redlynne

IifneyR.gif

5 hours ago, Sovera said:

In the same vein Hover shows on HD as if having 46 mph while in game it's 30 mph.

Still kind of amazed by how Mystic Flight, all on its own, so vastly exceeds the Fly speed cap even when not slotting for Fly speed inside the planner.

spacer.png

According to the mouse hover tooltip:

Base Flight speed: 21.5 mph

This has been capped at the maximum in-game speed.

Uncapped speed: 164.6 mph

I figure there's something wonky (that's the correct technical term, by the way) for how that formula is computing things inside the build planner.

Oh and I'm still stuck using v2.6.0.1 due to a lack of a .net 2.0 compatible upgrade path for the planner.

IifneyR.gif

After updating to 2.6.0.4 just now, I opened up the Options menu.  When I click OK to close it (having changed nothing), I get the following error popup:

"Incorrect amount of stats selected, please go back and make sure you have 3 to 6 stats selected."

This appears to have to do with the "Discord Export Settings" tab.  I selected 3 random things in there and this went away.  Just in case anyone else runs into this and wants to get rid of that error.

• Like 3