Yomo's Whizbang Potpourri Extravaganza of a Giveaway!

• 2 weeks later

Maybe if he sent out a global saying he'd return two inf for every inf someone sends him?

He could even use Twitter...

Worked for those other guys.

Edited by DoctorDitko
  • Haha 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

• 3 weeks later
On 6/23/2020 at 9:46 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

Owlbears.  Very dangerous.  You go first. 

image.jpeg

Okay, I can't let an owlbear reference go by without biting.

A lot of D&D players look at the owlbear & shake their heads at the stupid monsters that old school developers came up with.  I expect that the players in the group I was DMing felt much the same, when I ran an updated version of the classic Keep on the Borderlands for their low level party.  When they came upon a chained owlbear, the players sniggered in amusement at this relic from simpler days, & the well-armored paladin went in to claim some easy xp & perhaps some phat lewt.  Much to his surprise, he discovered that the owlbear was not as restrained by the chain as he expected, & the beast pecked & clawed at him with surprising ferocity & efficiency.  Within moments, the paladin, despite having an AC that was impressive for his low level, was at Death's Door, & the party had to act swiftly to keep the owlbear from enjoying a paladin picnic.

The paladin was so emotionally scarred by this incident, that he soon took to wearing an owlbear costume & terrorizing his enemies by night, figuring that since this beast inspired such fear in him, he should use it to inspire fear in his enemies.  And so the legend of Owlbearman was born!  And so, around the evening campfires, children would be regaled with tales of this fearsome creature of the night, the triune threat - the Owl, the Bear, & the Man - stalking the wicked & dispensing justice!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

On 6/23/2020 at 10:46 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

Owlbears.  Very dangerous.  You go first. 

It's also a great 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' reference, one that I quoted just a few days ago for a reason that escapes me now.

The owlbears on Luclin were always one of my favorite EQ monsters (and they looked like one would expect them to look, not like that image above).

Edited by AboveTheChemist
  • Like 1

Hi!

I am returning to CoH/CoV after almost a decade, and I am absolutely over the moon at the fact that the community is just as amazing as I remember!

I will be emailing you in game, as well as a friend of mine who has never played before. We will certainly be putting the infamy to good use!

Thank you for doing what you do!!!

Edited by Chams

12 minutes ago, Chams said:

@Idego is my global

@HawkPerson & @Riply are my guildies! (who I told to Email you, though i am unsure if they did or not??)

I didn't get an email from any of those three globals, and I'm keeping strict records.  Are you sure you sent to just @Yomo  (NOT @Yomo Kimyata or @YomoKimyata)?

Who run Bartertown?

22 minutes ago, Chams said:

so i am thinking that perhaps i sent the email to "Yomo" as opposed to "@Yomo"....???

however the email i sent today was sent to "@Yomo"

Just got it from you and @HawkPerson.  Enjoy!

Like an owlbear could stop me...

Who run Bartertown?

3 hours ago, EmmySky said:

You arent broke yet?  😝

1 hour ago, Ura Hero said:

I had to laugh at this.  I don't think Yomo could give influence away fast enough to actually go broke.

I'm selling the information to Crey Industries and Mane Corp. for 100mm inf a pop.  Shhhhhh!

• Haha 2

Who run Bartertown?