Is the band still together?

I made a rare trip through the Tiki Room of Pocket D tonight and suddenly remembered that in the original game there used to be a band that would make an occasions stage appearance there.  I can't recall them playing music, however.  I think it was only visuals?  Do they still appear, what is the schedule if so, and is there actually music, or just an appearance?

I -think- I saw them playing -once- on Homecoming last year.

I have a feeling they are triggered by use of the Pocket D VIP Teleport Power, but since everyone* is using the enterbasepasscode command to get to Pocket D through the Telepad, the random chances just aren't proc'ing for their assembly.

That, or they were removed when Dark Astoria got fiddled.

(* obviously not _everyone._ )

• Like 2

It's a part time Gig,

Jimmy quit, Jody got married
They Shoulda known, they'd never get far....

• Like 4
  • Haha 12
  • Sad 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

5 hours ago, Marine X said:

It's a part time Gig,

Jimmy quit, Jody got married
They Shoulda known, they'd never get far....

By the way, in my head, those lines are:

'Til we quit, 'til we got married

We should've known, we'd never get far.

I don't know if my lines are correct or are mondegreens, but they make sense to me! 🙂

Edit - mine are mondegreens.  "Jimmy quit, Jody got married" apparently are correct.  This makes me sad. 😔

Edited by Mister Mass
  • Thanks 1

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

12 hours ago, MTeague said:

For Rush, "Closer to the Heart", for the longest damn time my brother was convinced "Philosophers and Plowmen" was "Philosophers and Flounder".

Though, to be fair, Geddy Lee's voice, especially on their earlier albums, can take time to decode.

You Cad!   You've ruined everything!  😉    I always thought (until now) it was "Philosophers and Lawmen".

Learned something new today...  🙂

Cheers,

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 12:20 PM, MTeague said:

For Rush, "Closer to the Heart", for the longest damn time my brother was convinced "Philosophers and Plowmen" was "Philosophers and Flounder".

Though, to be fair, Geddy Lee's voice, especially on their earlier albums, can take time to decode.

Scuze me while I kiss this guy.

Jimmy Hendrix

There's a bathroom on the right.

CCR

• Haha 3

There was a song a few years ago, the kids were still in school, by I think Katy Perry.  I asked the kids in the car on the way to school one morning "what the hell is a Greek caliope?"  Once they figured out what I was talking about they laughed and said "no, Mom, she says agree politely."

Of course I have a toon named A Greek Caliope 😝

• Haha 2

• 2 months later
On 7/4/2020 at 11:57 AM, Tiger Shadow said:

It's clearly "Held up like a loofah by the Foreman of the Night."

Isn't it "Wrapped up like a Dusian in aroma of the night"? A Dusian being some ethnic group that wears wrapped clothing, of course.

On 9/23/2020 at 7:13 PM, Pengy said:

Isn't it "Wrapped up like a Dusian in aroma of the night"? A Dusian being some ethnic group that wears wrapped clothing, of course.

Since it carries the risk of ruining the nature of the thread, I'll put the lyrics and meaning in a spoiler tag.

Spoiler

The lyrics are "revved up like a deuce," and I had no idea what that meant.

So I looked it up: a deuce is a hot rod used for drag racing (which explains why I didn't know)

And to continue in the thread (and to be evil): Lisa in the club said "Look! Henry had a vagina malfunction!"

• Like 2