High damage builds

Gobbledigook

I know they are Tankers but have any of you built for damage? and if so what power sets did you like the best?? AoE or single target.

I think there was a a Bio/SS tanker that did a pylon in around 2 minutes.

Would be nice to see some Tanker dps builds to go with the survival builds.

My best so far is a Rad/SS build and Rad/DM build.

Edited by Gobbledegook
  • Like 1

Bioarmor is the top Tanker Primary for damage output.Rad Armor is the closest second - and is a solid choice for overall damage, due to having two built in nukes.

Titan Weapons is the accept-no-substitutes king of damage.  Its also in line for a review.  Close behind that is Superstrength, which deserves a review, but wont get one.  Both have drawbacks - TW is clunky, sucky to level, and an END hog.  Superstrength is basically ‘Rage, Foot Stomp, KO Blow’ - your best damage builds will lean on those, plus Cross Punch, Boxing, and Gloom.  SS also has a crash (overrated, but its a thing) and late AOE.

My advice?  TW or SS if your okay with the drawbacks.  Mace is behind them, but still awesome and without the drawbacks.  Pair with Rad Armor.  Get Adrenal Boost and cycle it with your Tier 9.  Win.

• Like 3

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

True. Bio with its damage aura, resistance debuff, damage buff, amd regeneration debuff it pulls well ahead of all armor sets in terms of damage performance. Radiation is also strong with its regeneration debuff that can be proc'd out as a significant damage dealer. Meltdown gives a 60s damage buff and although the set does not have a damage aura, it does have a defense debuff toggle that can take the Achilles Heel resistance debuff proc and is a recharge booster. It helps both sets also throw tons of recovery and regeneration and absorb to give you tons of fuel and survivability. 

• Like 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I looked at the Pylon thread but could not find many Tankers having tested themselves. I know my best is 3:07 without Hybrid and 2:47 with. If I recall correctly it is what double stacked Rage Bio/SS got (but could not find the post to verify). TW is that outlier of two minutes with hybrid and good luck catching up to -that- 😄

Can someone drop said Bio/TW max-damage build here? That's really interesting to me. Of course, I totally thought it would be Fire/Fire or Fire/Rad.

Edited by VV

On 7/25/2020 at 1:44 PM, Sovera said:

I looked at the Pylon thread but could not find many Tankers having tested themselves. I know my best is 3:07 without Hybrid and 2:47 with. If I recall correctly it is what double stacked Rage Bio/SS got (but could not find the post to verify). TW is that outlier of two minutes with hybrid and good luck catching up to -that- 😄

Bio/SS Tanker: 2:00-2:10 w/ Hybrid Assault Core, and if I remember my times correctly around 2:30 without. And this was done with Energy Punch + Haymaker + Gloom + KO Blow (no Boxing/Cross Punch)

SR/TW Tanker: 2:00 Dead On, Hybrid Assault Core.

I will soon have my Rad/SS/Soul monstrosity to 50 that I'll be able to test as well.

Edited by Sir Myshkin
whoops haha

15 minutes ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Energy Punch

You got Energy Melee on the brain...I wonder why 🤔.

Edited by Bopper
  • Haha 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I have a 50 Bio/SS Tanker that i should finish building really. I can imagine it being good single and AoE damage. It has DNA siphon as an extra nuke like Rad Armour but on a longer cooldown and a damage aura. 

My Rad/SS is surprisingly good with a very proc heavy build and has very good survival with Rads heals and mitigation, averaging around 300% recharge with procs. The AoE is amazing with Meltdown, Footstomp, Dark Obliteration and Rad Therapy cycled with high recharge and procs.

Ill try to do a pylon test with it but i am still finishing incarnating him. I like how Rad Armour still retains good survival even with a proc heavy build. I am unsure how Bio survival would compare.

3 minutes 11 seconds is my best pylon time so far with Rad/SS. T3 assault but not used. T3 musculature. T3 Reactive. Started with one stack of Rage and added stacks as i went. Fairly decent time i think for a AoE heavy build. My rotation is all over the place also lol. Recharge was 180 ish to 280ish depending on procs on a single target, running 4 toggles only for endurance consumption and particle shielding. Health didn't drop.

Edited by Gobbledegook

Titan Weapons is the best single target sustained damage against a static target. However, unless your goal is to solo a lot, this isn't a very useful form of damage on a Tanker because any time you need sustained single target damage, it will be on an AV/GM where your entire team/league is there doing a lot better than you can do. Most of the time, single target burst damage is more useful for picking up strays from packs, etc. For such purposes, sets with strong ranged attacks (Claws) or highly imbalanced rotations (Ice) will provide more useful dps.

For AE damage, it's even tougher to say due to the difficulty of getting a good model for available targets. In theory, the conjunction of Soul Drain + Shadow Maul + whatever else from pools should be amongst the best AE around. However, even with +50% arc/radius, it's nearly impossible to hit the target cap. From my experience, high damage 90 degree Cones are highly effective while the value add for PBAoE isn't all that great in terms of targets. This is especially true if you can Hover-tank. KB AE are also far more effective than they look on the surface due to Force Feedback.

In terms of primaries, the damage/-resist of Bio tends to give it an edge in ST but this is subject to a bit of complexity regarding +recharge bonuses and how they interact with your secondary and the rest of the build.

For AE, the damage auras add a significant of dps - Fire has a great one, Electric/Dark/Ice have averages ones, Stone has a weaker one and Bio has an even weaker one. Click powers generally do not add meaningful dps because their basic dpat isn't appreciably different than standard attacks in secondary - all you're doing is replacing a perfectly acceptable secondary attack with a buff/heal of comparable dpat in primary. For supplemental additions, Shield adds the most +damage, Radiation adds the most +recharge.

16 hours ago, Bopper said:

True. Bio with its damage aura, resistance debuff, damage buff, amd regeneration debuff it pulls well ahead of all armor sets in terms of damage performance. Radiation is also strong with its regeneration debuff that can be proc'd out as a significant damage dealer. Meltdown gives a 60s damage buff and although the set does not have a damage aura, it does have a defense debuff toggle that can take the Achilles Heel resistance debuff proc and is a recharge booster. It helps both sets also throw tons of recovery and regeneration and absorb to give you tons of fuel and survivability. 

I'm curious as to what a Bio/Claws would manage, but the Scrappers with that combo get 2:30-ish so I see it to 3+ minutes same as Fire Armor. Double damage proc Burn just brute forces past -res auras and +damage Adaptation. The other way of seeing it is that Bio manages the same damage but is sturdier with two heals and better endurance.

Though after playing both (though not to high level on a tanker) is Bio really sturdier though? It has flimsy defenses easily stripped and only moderate resistances where Fire Armor will sit at 90% and ignore said stripping.

I have a Rad/DM Tanker and it is very good but i think the force feedback proc in my Rad/SS Tanker gives SS the edge. My AoE's are up faster with SS. Dark Melee relies on more mobs also.

Titan weapons is probably the highest dps but not everyone likes the playstyle. I didn't really care for it and it's so endurance heavy. It may also receive a nerf in the future. But saying that Super strengths Rage crash is very annoying also, but at least the procs still hit.

Edited by Gobbledegook

5 hours ago, Gobbledegook said:

I have a Rad/DM Tanker and it is very good but i think the force feedback proc in my Rad/SS Tanker gives SS the edge. My AoE's are up faster with SS. Dark Melee relies on more mobs also.

Titan weapons is probably the highest dps but not everyone likes the playstyle. I didn't really care for it and it's so endurance heavy. It may also receive a nerf in the future. But saying that Super strengths Rage crash is very annoying also, but at least the procs still hit.

You have piqued my curiosity Gobbledegook with your mention of the FF proc on Rad / SS.  I am attempting to level up my own Rad / SS right now.

Would you be willing to share a build / further insights?

1 hour ago, Tath99 said:

further insights?

Haymaker, KO Blow, and Foot Stomp can all take advantage of the FF+Rech proc. Unenhanced the later two will have pretty good odds of firing it off when you use them. If you go the Boxing/Cross Punch route like many others CP can sub in the proc as well.

Immediate thing to get those powers rolling the trick is at least three slots, one for the proc and two for some Acc/End/Dam and Dam/End. Once Rage is rolling (even just one stack) you’ll get a nice boost to ToHit which will help patch up Acc, and eventually manage stacking.

Right now my own is only 40... 42 I think as of last night. I’ve been freely tanking +4 fairly well, even managed some +6 last night thanks to some story arc weirdness. Only major issues are not watching my end more closely against Mu and Carnies, have end crashed a couple of times due to end drain stacked on top of Hasten and Rage crashes.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Radiation Armor
Secondary Power Set: Super Strength
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(17), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 1: Jab -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(15), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(31), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 2: Punch -- TchofDth-Dam%(A), Mk'Bit-Dam%(3), GldStr-%Dam(3), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(37), HO:Nucle(37)
Level 4: Haymaker -- Hct-Dam%(A), TchofDth-Dam%(5), Mk'Bit-Dam%(5), FrcFdb-Rechg%(7), GldStr-%Dam(7), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(34)
Level 6: Gamma Boost -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 8: Proton Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(9), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(9), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 10: Fallout Shelter -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(11), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(11), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 12: Radiation Therapy -- ThfofEss-+End%(A), TchoftheN-%Dam(13), Erd-%Dam(13), ScrDrv-Dam%(42), PrfZng-Dam%(45), Obl-%Dam(48)
Level 14: Beta Decay -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 16: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 18: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(19), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(19), Prv-Heal/Rchg(21), Prv-Absorb%(21), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(33)
Level 20: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(23), UnbGrd-ResDam(27), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(27), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(36)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(25), Rct-ResDam%(25), LucoftheG-Def(31)
Level 26: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 28: Rage -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RechRdx-I(29)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 32: Knockout Blow -- TchofDth-Dam%(A), UnbCns-Dam%(33), HO:Nucle(33), Mk'Bit-Dam%(36), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50)
Level 35: Ground Zero -- Erd-%Dam(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), TchofLadG-%Dam(46), ScrDrv-Dam%(48), HO:Nucle(48), ShlBrk-%Dam(50)
Level 38: Foot Stomp -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), Arm-Dam%(39), Erd-%Dam(39), FrcFdb-Rechg%(39), FuroftheG-Acc/Dmg(40), HO:Nucle(40)
Level 41: Gloom -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), Apc-Dam%(42), GldJvl-Dam%(42), CldSns-%Dam(43), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(43)
Level 44: Dark Obliteration -- Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(A), PstBls-Dam%(45), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(45), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), CldSns-%Dam(46), Ann-ResDeb%(50)
Level 47: Meltdown -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EffAdp-EndMod(A)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
------------

This is the build i have. It farms AE very very well.

Had to download it twice for it to show the build some reason.

Also i have changed this slightly in game. I put an Accuracy/damage and Acc/Dam/End Superior blistering cold in KoB instead of nucleolus and Makos Acc/Dam.

Edited by Gobbledegook

1 hour ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Haymaker, KO Blow, and Foot Stomp can all take advantage of the FF+Rech proc. Unenhanced the later two will have pretty good odds of firing it off when you use them. If you go the Boxing/Cross Punch route like many others CP can sub in the proc as well.

Immediate thing to get those powers rolling the trick is at least three slots, one for the proc and two for some Acc/End/Dam and Dam/End. Once Rage is rolling (even just one stack) you’ll get a nice boost to ToHit which will help patch up Acc, and eventually manage stacking.

Right now my own is only 40... 42 I think as of last night. I’ve been freely tanking +4 fairly well, even managed some +6 last night thanks to some story arc weirdness. Only major issues are not watching my end more closely against Mu and Carnies, have end crashed a couple of times due to end drain stacked on top of Hasten and Rage crashes.

Aah.  Now Hasten was one of the things I was thinking about.

Redlynne elsewhere on the forums has mentioned making builds without Hasten but a lot of +recharge.

I was wondering if there was a "sweet spot" where you could have a build without Hasten, with the intention of only one stacking Rage -- and avoiding the stop / start awkwardness from two stacks of the power.

That and Rage +hit and Rad -def.  How does that all work?

Edit --  Re: the OP and high damage.

I can recall trying PvP way back when on a Tank vs. Brutes.  [Knockout Blow] was always capable of hitting a Brute hard but never finishing them off easily with the rest of the chain.  i.e.  Hitting a ceiling of damage output through the attack speed of your powers.  (Superstrength hits methodically rather than with great spike efficiency.  Which is Stalker / Scrapper territory I would suppose.)

Edited by Tath99

1 minute ago, Tath99 said:

Aah.  Now Hasten was one of the things I was thinking about.

Redlynne elsewhere on the forums has mentioned making builds without Hasten but a lot of +recharge.

I was wondering if there was a "sweet spot" where you could have a build without Hasten, with the intention of only one stacking Rage -- and avoiding the stop / start awkwardness from two stacks of the power.

That and Rage +hit and Rad -def.  How does that all work?

The Rage crashes can just be ignored. There are enough procs in the build to still do damage when it does crash. ! stack or 2 stacks is your choice though. You could well forego hasten in the build probably and still have decent recharge with the procs firing.

Just remember your defences drop during the crash but i always have Rads heals, mitigation and rebirth destiny ready.

6 hours ago, Tath99 said:

Like Gobbledegook said, the crash is mostly something you can ignore. Yes I specifically mentioned one case scenario that occurred, but is not a normal circumstance and is easily manageable with more attention paid. With a couple of damage procs tossed into the powers there's no real reason to "stop" attacking. Majority of the time you might not even realize you've crashed, but that's a good potential time to consider leading into the next spawn, or activating Radiation Therapy or Ground Zero, or a number of many other things that'll actively be occurring around you. The damage out put with two stacks of Rage is substantially better than just the one, so don't let the idea of a measly crash slow you down.

I know this hasn't been mentioned but I quite enjoy my Shield/Savage Tank for damage. . . Yes, she uses procs liberally and no I have done a pylon test but she just "feels" stronger than even my /TW tanks. - even though their damage is better it "feels" slow . . Bio/SS is definitely powerful but the rage crash makes me twitchy. . . So I will cruise along with my savage melee tank and while I may not be the "uber" i feel like it!

3 hours ago, theDarkeOne said:

I know this hasn't been mentioned but I quite enjoy my Shield/Savage Tank for damage. . . Yes, she uses procs liberally and no I have done a pylon test but she just "feels" stronger than even my /TW tanks. - even though their damage is better it "feels" slow . . Bio/SS is definitely powerful but the rage crash makes me twitchy. . . So I will cruise along with my savage melee tank and while I may not be the "uber" i feel like it!

Yes Bio is probably more damage but the reason i went Rad is because of the Rage crash also. Rad armour will always have its good mitigation. Also i found building a heavy proc build better on Rad armour than on Bio for survival.

I tried Rad/TW to 50+1 but didn't like it. I have played with TW scrappers in teams and by the time they start their first attack i have already half killed the group. Overrated in my opinion. May be good for pylons though.

Savage leap and Shield charge should work well together with some procs in them.

It would be nice to see some Tanker dps builds posted by people.

Heres my updated build of above. It might need some organising of power picks each level.

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Tanker

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(17), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 1: Jab -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(3), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(15), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17)
Level 2: Gamma Boost -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A)
Level 4: Haymaker -- Hct-Dam%(A), TchofDth-Dam%(5), Mk'Bit-Dam%(5), FrcFdb-Rechg%(7), GldStr-%Dam(7), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(34)
Level 6: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 8: Proton Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(9), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(9), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 10: Fallout Shelter -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(11), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(11), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 12: Radiation Therapy -- ThfofEss-+End%(A), TchoftheN-%Dam(13), Erd-%Dam(13), ScrDrv-Dam%(42), PrfZng-Dam%(45), Obl-%Dam(48)
Level 16: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 18: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(19), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(19), Prv-Heal/Rchg(21), Prv-Absorb%(21), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(33)
Level 20: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(23), UnbGrd-ResDam(27), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(27), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(36)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(25), Rct-ResDam%(25), LucoftheG-Def(31)
Level 26: Cross Punch -- Erd-%Dam(A), Obl-%Dam(31), ScrDrv-Dam%(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37)
Level 32: Knockout Blow -- TchofDth-Dam%(A), UnbCns-Dam%(33), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(33), Mk'Bit-Dam%(36), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50)
Level 35: Ground Zero -- Erd-%Dam(A), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(43), TchofLadG-%Dam(46), ScrDrv-Dam%(48), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), ShlBrk-%Dam(50)
Level 38: Foot Stomp -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), Arm-Dam%(39), Erd-%Dam(39), FrcFdb-Rechg%(39), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(40), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(40)
Level 41: Gloom -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), Apc-Dam%(42), GldJvl-Dam%(42), CldSns-%Dam(43), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(43)
Level 44: Dark Obliteration -- Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(A), PstBls-Dam%(45), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(45), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), CldSns-%Dam(46), Ann-ResDeb%(50)
------------

Edited by Gobbledegook

1 hour ago, Gobbledegook said:

Yes Bio is probably more damage but the reason i went Rad is because of the Rage crash also. Rad armour will always have its good mitigation. Also i found building a heavy proc build better on Rad armour than on Bio for survival.

I tried Rad/TW to 50+1 but didn't like it. I have played with TW scrappers in teams and by the time they start their first attack i have already half killed the group. Overrated in my opinion. May be good for pylons though.

Savage leap and Shield charge should work well together with some procs in them.

It would be nice to see some Tanker dps builds posted by people.

Heres my updated build of above. It might need some organising of power picks each level.

Reveal hidden contents

Level 50 Magic Tanker

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Jab -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(3), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(15), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17)
Level 2: Gamma Boost -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A)
Level 26: Cross Punch -- Erd-%Dam(A), Obl-%Dam(31), ScrDrv-Dam%(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(37), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37)
Level 32: Knockout Blow -- TchofDth-Dam%(A), UnbCns-Dam%(33), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(33), Mk'Bit-Dam%(36), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50)
Level 35: Ground Zero -- Erd-%Dam(A), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(43), TchofLadG-%Dam(46), ScrDrv-Dam%(48), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), ShlBrk-%Dam(50)
Level 38: Foot Stomp -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), Arm-Dam%(39), Erd-%Dam(39), FrcFdb-Rechg%(39), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(40), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(40)
------------

Trying to post my build but the forums dont like me today. . .

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Shield Defense
Secondary Power Set: Savage Melee
Power Pool: Experimentation

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Deflection -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(3), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(3), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(5)
Level 1: Savage Strike -- SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(9)
Level 2: Battle Agility -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Rct-Def/Rchg(11), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(13), Rct-Def/EndRdx(13), Rct-Def(15)
Level 4: True Grit -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(15), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(17), GldArm-3defTpProc(17), Ags-Psi/Status(19), Ags-ResDam(19)
Level 6: Shred -- SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(21), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25)
Level 8: Active Defense -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 10: Against All Odds -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 14: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Vicious Slash -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Hct-Acc/Rchg(43), Hct-Dam%(45), FrcFdb-Rechg%(45)
Level 18: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(40), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(40), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42), UnbGrd-ResDam(42)
Level 20: Blood Thirst -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(39), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(39), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(39), GssSynFr--ToHit(40)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(36), ShlWal-Def(36), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(37), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 24: Speed of Sound -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 26: Shield Charge -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(31), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Arm-Acc/Rchg(31), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(33), FrcFdb-Rechg%(33)
Level 28: Rending Flurry -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Mlt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), Erd-%Dam(34), Arm-Dam%(36)
Level 30: Experimental Injection -- Empty(A)
Level 32: Adrenal Booster -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45), RechRdx-I(46)
Level 35: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(46), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 38: Savage Leap -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), ClvBlo-Acc/Dmg(48), Erd-%Dam(50), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(50), PrfZng-Dam%(50)
Level 41: Taunt -- Empty(A)
Level 44: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(46)
Level 47: Phalanx Fighting -- Ksm-ToHit+(A)
Level 49: Grant Cover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(29), Mrc-Rcvry+(29)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(27), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(27)
Level 1: Blood Frenzy 
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
Level 50: Melee Core Embodiment 
------------

• Like 1

On 7/26/2020 at 5:04 PM, Gobbledegook said:

This is the build i have. It farms AE very very well.

Most Tanker builds do. My primary Tanker is a Rad/Staff that is built for survivability rather than damage and I still generally get sub-5 minute times.

2 hours ago, Hjarki said:

Most Tanker builds do. My primary Tanker is a Rad/Staff that is built for survivability rather than damage and I still generally get sub-5 minute times.

I presume you mean 5 mins on a moon map?  I get about 3 mins or close to. Still incarnating.

It's good to have a survival build, but that is on my build 2. This was more about dps builds.

Would be nice to see your build also.

Also... 

I changed to my second build I posted but seem to be having endurance issues now lol. I'll work on it tomorrow.

Edited by Gobbledegook

The mention of 'feeling' faster is a reason why I like my Fire/Claws. The double proc Burn is lots of burst which makes it feel fast. And hitting something while the aura is ticking and the Burn DoT is in effect also helps seeing HP go down.

But testing does not lie: double Rage and TW both achieve 2 minutes where the Fire/Claws makes it in 3. That said both examples are outliers.

Savage Melee would be fun to try, buuuuut... It suffers from the same 'problem' that I have with too many tanker sets: late blooming AoE/linchpin powers. SM gets their PbAoE at 28. DM gets Soul Drain at 28 as well. Stone Melee gets theirs at 28. Until then, what? Exemplar down to Yin and do ST damage? Use cones? Ew.

Powers could do with a better pacing considering how the examplaring system is set up. Trade Touch of Fear (does anyone other than anecdotal examples even use this?) for Soul Drain and suddenly a DM tanker can examplar all the way down to Posi 1 and not feel gimped. Stone Melee can trade their level 20 stun for the PbAoE and suddenly they can examplar all the way down as well. And while there will be immediate cries for NO Footstomp could do with a slight power nerf but be available in place of Handclap suddenly making the set not a slog either to level or examplar.

In a game like WoW or GW2 the fact certain abilities are only available at high level makes it annoying to level (i.e. a Hunter only has AoE at level 50 forcing them to ST all the way there) but once they get there it's fine, it's not going away. GW2 allows to examplar down and the skills lose power but remain available. For anyone who intends to examplar a set is going to be picked not for theme but for how well it plays at most levels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, theDarkeOne said:

I did this build for you to look at. Just something for you to consider or get ideas from...

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Shield Defense
Secondary Power Set: Savage Melee

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Deflection -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(17), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(21), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(21), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 1: Savage Strike -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(3), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(15), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17)
Level 2: Battle Agility -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(13), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(19), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(19)
Level 4: Shred -- Erd-%Dam(A), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), ScrDrv-Dam%(5), TchofLadG-%Dam(7), AchHee-ResDeb%(7), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(11)
Level 8: True Grit -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(9), TtnCtn-ResDam(9), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Prv-Heal(13), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(29)
Level 10: Active Defense -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Against All Odds -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 14: Phalanx Fighting -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 18: Grant Cover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(23), UnbGrd-ResDam(27), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(27)
Level 24: Weave -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-ResDam%(25), Rct-Def/EndRdx(25), Rct-Def/Rchg(31)
Level 26: Vicious Slash -- SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(31), TchofDth-Dam%(34), Hct-Dam%(37), Mk'Bit-Dam%(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37)
Level 28: Rending Flurry -- Erd-%Dam(A), Obl-%Dam(33), ScrDrv-Dam%(33), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(34), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34)
Level 32: Blood Thirst -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(33), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(36), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(36), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--ToHit(50)
Level 35: Shield Charge -- Erd-%Dam(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(42), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(43), Obl-%Dam(46), ScrDrv-Dam%(48), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48)
Level 38: Savage Leap -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), Arm-Dam%(39), Erd-%Dam(39), ScrDrv-Dam%(39), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(40), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40)
Level 47: One with the Shield -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(48)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(45), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(50)
Level 2: Stamina -- EffAdp-EndMod(A), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc(36)
Level 1: Blood Frenzy 
------------