What Combat Attributes do you monitor?

16 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

If I'm monitoring recovery rate, I absolutely have to monitor endurance consumption also. 

I hear you.  Regeneration, recovery, to-hit, recharge, defense, and resistance are all just there to know if I've been debuffed or not.  I've thought about adding others, but it's too much as is IMO.  I hate screen clutter.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Astralock said:

I hear you.  Regeneration, recovery, to-hit, recharge, defense, and resistance are all just there to know if I've been debuffed or not.  I've thought about adding others, but it's too much as is IMO.  I hate screen clutter.

Fair enough. If I'm really waiting detailed numbers, I'll keep resists and defense open in to full combat attributes window then monitor my top stats in the mini status window. That's during testing mostly though. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Old thread for sure, but the topic remains relevant.  What I monitor is generally dependent on the character I'm playing with melee types usually having the most effects to track.  If i'm watching things, i'll usually monitor damage bonuses (Brutes primarily), one or two defenses (particurally on sets with dynamic defense powers like Energy Aura or Ice Armor), one or two resistances (similar to defense, but mainly on Bio Armor or Tankers with the ATO) and Regeneration (Regen focused sets like Willpower or...Regeneration).  Sometimes I watch others, like Recovery with Conductive Aura or Drain Psyche, or Endurance Discounts with the Brute ATO proc.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

I'm happy to see this thread come back, mainly so I can see how I've changed my answer over time.

Now, I track:

1-3 types of defense

1-2 types of resistance

To hit bonus

Last hit chance

Endurance cost

Recovery rate

Recharge time bonus

Influence

Sometimes max hp

Some of that is tracking what I need to watch as I level (do I slot for damage or endurance reduction next level?) and much of it is to see when I get debuffed.

Who run Bartertown?

Last Chance To Hit is a must for any of my characters, as it's important to know when you've only got a 6% chance to hit. Other than that, Influence is handy for when you're searching for funds and jumping around alts seeing who has money to mail, I like seeing not only various Defenses but Base Defense too, so I know I've been hit by a debuff. Damage, Recharge, and To-Hit bonuses are also nice to monitor.

• Like 1

What, me worry?

20 hours ago, Mopery said:

Last Chance To Hit is a must for any of my characters, as it's important to know when you've only got a 6% chance to hit.

This attribute is always at the top of my attribute monitoring, for the same reasoning. Below it will be three positional defenses, simply because those offer a quick look if I'm likely to see things go pear-shaped, and how quickly (even on characters that don't rely on positional defenses).

Occasionally I will also monitor a particular travel speed, sometime ToHit bonus (if the character uses fast snipes).

The number I WANT to be able to monitor is whatever the game thinks the LAST ATTACK ROLL was. Streakbreaker and I exist in an uneasy state of peace; I'd just like to keep my eye on that little bugger.

• 4 months later

I've updated the Wiki with codes and abbreviations to use with /monitor_attribute. They cut out a lot of characters which help us fit many attributes within the 256 character limit in binds.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DougGraves said:

I don't monitor any.  On occasion when we get a whole bunch of team buffs I check out what the def and res are.  About once a month or so I do that.

Many years back on Live (~issue 9) while doing a Master of the STF with a random group from RO I was watching as we buffed to tackle the Patrons.  Never seen so much light blue caps on a teams buffs.  We jumped and destroyed them 

I generally keep track of:

Current HP (I like knowing the number, since there's no numerical display on your hp bar)

Recovery rate

Endurance spend

Resist (usually S/L, though sometimes energy, psi, or something else)

Defense (smash/lethal, ranged, positionals, etc, depending on what sort of character I'm playing)

Exp to next level

Influence

On 7/29/2020 at 6:35 AM, Yomo Kimyata said:

For those of you who already did know that, what do you choose to monitor?  I'd tell you what I do, but, well, you can see for yourself.

Happy hunting!

It varies slightly for me.  95% time...99%?  I monitor nothing.  This is how I played for years. Mostly how I still play.

When things get serious.  At 50, during content with a lot of debuffs, or Super Strength's self debuffs... I monitor Accuracy, +Damage, Ranged Defense on my squishy Blasters, S/L Defense on my Brutes I build to that, A resistance value to see if Im getting yoinked.  Stealth Radius.  That is huge when zipping around.  Lot of time with changes in lighting in might be easy to miss going in and out of stealth.  Once your number pops up to 55 just zip past those CoT goons.  

Current HP

Recharge %

Damage %

Influence

XP to next level

1-2 Key Highest Defense(s)

Weakest Defense (If Defensive Character)

1-2 Key Highest Resistance(s)

Weakest Resistance (If Resistance Character)