What Combat Attributes do you monitor?

In case you didn't know, you can open a window on your screen that monitors various combat attributes.  From the power bar you click on Powers, then Combat Attributes.  This opens a menu of all kinds of goodies, and if you right click on any of them, it will add it to the window which you can later reposition.  

Example:

image.thumb.png.a1fb2449b3bef5d94d3cddc094fafa9a.png

For those of you who already did know that, what do you choose to monitor?  I'd tell you what I do, but, well, you can see for yourself.

Happy hunting!

Who run Bartertown?

Influence, positional defense (depends on AT), and typed defense.  The latter two are so I can monitor the effects of debuffs.  On Brutes, I'll also monitor Damage Bonus.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

Positional Defense, Damage bonus, Recharge bonus are the ones I generally monitor. Probably also Smashing (or Lethal) Resistance, and characters with typed defenses will monitor Smash/Energy/Fire rather than Melee/Range/AoE.

• Thumbs Up 1

- Positional or typed defenses (depending on the character)

- Damage bonus (so I know whether popping BU/hybrid assault etc is worthwhile at the moment)

- Recharge bonus on certain characters

- To-hit bonus (just so I can tell if I hit red numbers at a glance so I can pop a yellow)

- a token resist, but just 1 so I can see if I'm being debuffed at a glance.

Defenses according to build, some resists so I know if debuffs hit. regen, recov, recharge, level shift (because the -3 bug is a pain), influence.

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

Hit points.

Positional Defense or Typed Defense (usually one of the pair as with resistance) depending on what the AT grants.

Resistance, usually only one of the pair since they are often identical, so Smashing, Fire and Energy are common. I always assume my toxic and psi defense and resistance are zero even if they aren't.

Damage buff.

Influence.

It varies by character, but these are some of the things I monitor on my most played characters.

Some Defenses, exactly which depending on which character and what Defense they're built for.

Sometimes some Resistance.

Last Chance to Hit.

PvE Stealth radius.

Damage bonus.

Flight speed.

Recovery Rate and/or End consumption.

Regen rate.

Recharge Bonus.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

Minimum of:

END Consumption

Recovery Rate

Regen Rate

Recharge Rate

Sometimes the appropriate Movement Rate.

If I'm whiffing a lot, I'll throw in To Hit.

If I'm getting hit a lot, I'll watch Defense of one or more types.

BTW, Just recently learned that you can scale the window with "/windowscale CombatMonitor .8" or whatever you like. Saves me some screen space.

Edited by DoctorDitko
fixed error

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On all characters:

MeleeDef

RangedDef

DamageBonus

Recharge

RegenRate

EndoRecovery

EndoConsumption

ToHit

HoldProtection

Then depending what AT/powers I am running, I'll stick a 10th attribute.  For Brutes, I'll monitor Inherent (Fury) between DamageBonus and Recharge.  On Kinetics characters, I'll monitor Run Speed in the same position, to remind myself to fire Siphon Speed on cooldown.  Stuff like that.

ETA: the HoldProtection lets me know how much danger I am in during an MSR or against mezzers in general, and the ToHit is a good indicator that I'm being debuffed OR Gaussian's has fired. 

Seems easier to me to look at these text indicators (blue is good, red is bad) than it is to send my eye traveling up the screen at a list of 5000 icons.

Edited by roleki

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

PSST... you're doing this wrong.  You're supposed to do it like this.  

Ahem... well, on my tank I monitor these:

image.png.022abec1e6acd550e014bbb50e6dcff9.png

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Depends. (Lets you know when your character requires adult diapers.)

Generally:

MaxHP (for... no real reason, honestly)

Experience to next level

Level Shift

Influence

Some specific times for other characters:

Damage Bonus - on Brutes, SS characters (when it goes red for a Rage drop, next attack = Sands of Mu - unaffected by the crash) and Warshades. I'll sometimes throw this on Defenders, too.

When running the Mender Ramiel mission to talk with lady grey and run her mission, I may add Max End temporarily.

Anything else is completely character dependant - stealth, one or two DEF, "Last hit chance" if I'm curious, that sort of thing.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

It varies from AT to AT. 

But - typically for my ranged characters: 

Influence   (Naturally!)
Max HP  (my current working theory is blasters can benefit from HC's elevated HP for blasters. A lot!)
ToHit  (Only on blasters with a snipe)

Damage Bonus (I don't pursue it from bonuses, but I have a chance for build up proc and want to see when it goes off)
Stealth Radius (pve) (I won't kill all unless I have to. I like my xp from mission completions and story arc completion bonuses.)
Ranged Defense (Some blasters die a lot. I don't - and monitoring these tells me if I've been debuffed more accurately than the debuff icon in the buff bar)
Smashing Defense  

Energy Defense
Smashing Resistance (This is just on to remind me to re-toggle after exemping, really. It's not like this changes. ) 

Farm brute will have the same except no worries about stealth, nor ToHit. I check fire defense and fire resistance - but since they're only in a farm ,I don't monitor these once I know them. 
Tanks I don't really worry about the numbers once I notice they're capped. 

3 minutes ago, Grouchybeast said:

I'm intrigued by how many people monitor Inf.  I never would've thought of that one being popular.

I do it so that when it gets over 25m I can hit my button that throws a tantrum and emails 25m to myself.  Very easy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Grouchybeast said:

I'm intrigued by how many people monitor Inf.  I never would've thought of that one being popular.

I am surprised as well.  For me, it's more of an aesthetics issue -- it's a long white line that breaks up two sets of data.

Who run Bartertown?

4 minutes ago, EmmySky said:

I do it so that when it gets over 25m I can hit my button that throws a tantrum and emails 25m to myself.  Very easy.

Ah!  That makes perfect sense, thank you.

• Like 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!