Favourite badges / locations?

Greycat

Yeah, this could go in badging, but it's really not a "badging" discussion. And no, it's not a meta discussion, really - I'm not talking "Yep, I can use the extra 5% health from this accolade."

What badges or badging locations do you just *like* - just in general, or on specific characters/types?

I've got a couple that I just like visiting. Echo: Galaxy has "Tank" - obviously, I'd like it on tanks, but it's more for the "turn off anything but sprint and try to get it" little mini game. Back of the leg, thigh, back, try to stop on the shoulder and hop onto the hand. I don't always manage it the way I *like,* but I find the attempt fun. Moreso than Echo:RCS's "Ace," even though it's sort of the same thing - though I usually try that with travel powers. (Honestly, there should be a badge on the bald head of the statue in Steel.)

Bird Watcher and Blue Steel (remember, nothing but sprint!) are also fun. Not as *much* of a challenge, but fun. And I will admit to a few catpeople with "bird watcher." >.>

Probably the last one I tend to go for is in Boomtown -  Destined for Valhalla. Because who doesn't like running/jumping up the side of a building... even if it is tilted over? (Or maybe especially because it is.)

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I love collecting the exploration badges in Eden and Monster Island.  Both zones have great flavour text on the badges.

The Shadow Shard exploration badges have great text, too, and the zones are beautiful to fly through.  Takes a while, though!

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

I love Secret Admirer in Steel Canyon.  I also use Edge of Chaos from Atlas a lot and Eye of the Storm I dunno where I get it lol.  I really like Poor Impulse Control for my farmers or my wacky toons (its for clicking a glowie in AE mish).

I go for Tank on my tankers.  And my blasters.

'Destined for Valhalla' and 'Vision of Despair' from Boomtown get displayed on many characters, as do 'Unspoiled' and 'Losing Paradise' from Eden. 

'Liberator', the badge from the Eden trial,  gets displayed a lot too, as do 'Mistress/Master of Olympus' for defeating Kronos Titan, and 'Emancipator' for doing a Clockwork King badge mission from Tina Mac.  'Strong and Pretty' from the BAF Trial is also a favorite, as is 'Hell Hath No Fury' from the Halloween banner event.  'Roman' and 'Centurion' from the ITF are also badges I use a lot.  But Heraclea mostly sticks with 'General' which IIRC is for creating high level generic Accuracy enhancements.

• Like 2
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

6 hours ago, Ulysses Dare said:

Somehow flying through the doughnut in Faultline never gets old. Same with top of Atlas.

That's literally the only one that I get near and think "oh hey, badge time!  WHEEEEE!"  Anything else I'm either out badging on purpose so it's just rote, or juuust happen to spot one nearby while I'm crossing a zone or something.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Cirque du'Freak  in Crey's Folly and the badge on top of the bridge in Indy Port (I love running up there on the catwalks and fighting the few mobs up there and take the badge)

Ace, the only badge in the Rikti Crash Site

Edited by KC4800
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

Agent Legacy has the Agent badge on display.

I know, it's not an exploration badge, but....still.

Until she got the Agent badge, she used Isolator.

Which makes sense for a Grav/Time Controller with 7 holds (or chance for holds).

Electric Eagle, on Redside, has Jail bird.

I LOVE 'End of the Line' from Boomtown. Kate's got that (she's a tanker), and I really like having a badge that's basically, "the buck stops right goddamn here." It feels really cool.

I also really just like badging on what's appropriate. I don't really get flaunting a random hard badge just 'cause it's hard. In fact, if the perfect badge is easy to get, so much the better! It's really just about what makes the best tagline for my characters.

Edited by Crater Kate
  • Like 4

Some of my favorite exploration badges are the ones in the Sewers and Abandoned Sewers.  "Hades Aspirant" and "Persephone Supplicant" get at least some use, as do "Plutonian" and "Seeker of the Lost". 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

On 8/21/2020 at 8:15 PM, EmmySky said:

...and Eye of the Storm I dunno where I get it lol.  

That's the badge you get for defeating Maelstrom in tip missions.  There's three or four missions per alignment where you fight him.  Beating him in Twinshot's arc or TPN doesn't count.

I admit i've made a couple of characters with some specific badge titles in mind that I set out to get almost immediately.  My Elec/Storm controller has Lord of Storms as his title, which I ran him to the back of the Storm Palace at level 2 to get it.  I also have a Fire/Dark Blaster with a back-from-the-dead theme running around with Dead but Dreaming from Night Ward.  Another Water/Fire Blaster with an oil motif has Burning the Midnight Oil from Crey's Folley.

Some of them are fun reads too.  I love the badges in The Abyss given that a bunch of them allude to the Jurrasic Park nod the zone has.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

I've always thought " Busy, Busy Bee ", for getting all the badges in the Hive was pretty funny, are you saying I'm obsessed? I like badge hunting in Boomtown and Echo: Dark Astoria, as even if you've done them a bunch of times, they are still a challenge to find, underground ones can be fun even with Vidiot's Maps.

• Like 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Character-depending I'm proud to wear the Isolator badge from the tutorial. Takes a while to solo it. Wear it until something more challenging/memorable comes along.

Character-depending I skip the tutorial completely.

"What are dominators... Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."

On 8/23/2020 at 4:38 PM, ZorkNemesis said:

My Elec/Storm controller has Lord of Storms as his title, which I ran him to the back of the Storm Palace at level 2 to get it.  

This is just awesome. Any idea how long it took to get there?

9 minutes ago, Sakai said:

This is just awesome. Any idea how long it took to get there?

Only a few minutes.  You can go straight to Firebase Zulu from Atlas Park thanks to the TUNNEL portal, and from there you can also go straight to The Storm Palace.  From that point, it's about a 3-4 minute flight to the palace itself at level 2 flight speeds.  Not even any mobs to worry about along the way.

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.