If you're in a taskforce, and you run into an AV you cannot damage enough...

MrSnottyPants

Me and 3 casual friends (including a kid) are working our way through the Admiral Sutter Task Force.  The second half it's AVs in pairs - we got past the first 2 pairs but cannot put a dent in the Durays.  I'm guessing high resist, and not enough damage characters - Tank, Dark Corruptor, MM (kid) and my Sentinel.  We don't die, but we're in a stand-off.

I know about daggers, but we're mid TF and it's too late.  I think we should just pitch it and swap in a better mix (like my traps corruptor) but figured I'd ask the experts.  Is there anything else we can try?

The pocket d p2w vendor works mid-tf. mm and sent can buy daggers and zip back to where they were while the tank/dark hold the AVs at a standstill. If you have the money for signature pets the blue versions of support and ranged damage are manti and posi who'd help loads. daggers should be enough though, especially if the dark has tar pit.

38 minutes ago, MTeague said:

I also try to keep at least 2 charges of Shivan Shard handy at all times for just such emergencies.

That's probably not acquireable in the middle of a TF.

But it makes for a nice ace-in-the-hole for when you decide it time to say "I'm not left-handed, either!"

Inconceivable!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MrSnottyPants said:

Is there anything else we can try?

My standard approach is to scream incoherently for several minutes.  It doesn't help, but your experience may be better than mine.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

51 minutes ago, Luminara said:

My standard approach is to scream incoherently for several minutes.  It doesn't help, but your experience may be better than mine.

If it was just me, that would be my approach 😀 - yell at it, give up on it, drop it.  But they are stubborn.

Thanks everyone for the tip about pocket d!

If you're not running at the lowest Notoriety, you can reset the mission. All team members should reset their Notoriety to the lowest level, then everyone logs off (without quitting the TF). The new Notoriety should take effect when the first team member logs back in. 

• Like 2

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

9 hours ago, MTeague said:

I also try to keep at least 2 charges of Shivan Shard handy at all times for just such emergencies.

Out of curiosity I went to check this out.  You're allowed to run the Shivan Shard mini-quest while running a Task Force.  I flagged Silver Mantis' SF and ran to Bloody Bay and was able to get a shard while SM was the active mission.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

11 hours ago, MTeague said:

But it makes for a nice ace-in-the-hole for when you decide it time to say "I'm not left-handed, either!"

Probably less of an asset in the Sutter TF. Shivans don't know about the CHEVRONS OF DOOM. Signature summons probably have the same limitations. Also since they're not commandable, keeping up with teleDuray is going to be a challenge.

9 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Out of curiosity I went to check this out.  You're allowed to run the Shivan Shard mini-quest while running a Task Force.  I flagged Silver Mantis' SF and ran to Bloody Bay and was able to get a shard while SM was the active mission.

Same with Warburg nukes. Once upon a time (pre-IOs), this was a thing in LRSF runs with weaker teams.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MrSnottyPants said:

If it was just me, that would be my approach 😀 - yell at it, give up on it, drop it.  But they are stubborn.

Thanks everyone for the tip about pocket d!

So what happened in the end?  I'm on tenterhooks, here!

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

There's a PTW buff that gives +damage, and you can buy.  Also load up on red inspirations... you can buy higher level and team inspirations on the AH (or trade incarnate threads for them in ouroborus, if you have a toon that can do that).   You can also mail yourself inspirations so you can reload in fight (i've never done this, but I hear it works).

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

One thing to note is that it's actually possible to pull the non-teleporting Duray away from their spawn spot, and if you pull him a good distance and leave the other one alone, it's possible to fight him alone. I'm not sure this will matter for a team that can handle the incoming damage and has outgoing damage issues, but it may help.
Note that if you do this, he re-animates as an Elite Boss and keeps coming back for you, but at least he's an EB and not an AV.

12 hours ago, Guardia said:

For next time, mail yourself a supply of consumables ahead of time. You can access your mail from anywhere.

This is the final answer to almost anything you can't complete or bring more people into. You can max out your def res and damage and even tohit etc at will if it comes down to it.

And to add to what Guardia said, you can also mail yourself insp in real time while you fight from another account (which you can mail cash to if you need) and if you reply to a mail you don't need to enter any text so you can drag and send very quickly.

On 8/26/2020 at 10:11 AM, Guardia said:

For next time, mail yourself a supply of consumables ahead of time. You can access your mail from anywhere.

Also worth mentioning, you can store a huge amount of stuff in the Auction House, which you can access any time you are NOT inside a mission or base.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

What I do: Buy all the Envenomed Daggers you can from the P2W vendor, put it on autofire. Damage negligible, but nullifies AV regen a treat!

P2W will also sell you Offensive, Defensive, and Recovery boosters. Expensive, but they can really help. (They are really, really cheap if you buy them at level 1 in the tutorial; prices scale quickly as you level. Good reason to mail yourself a chunk of inf.)

Also, I use the Base Empowerment Station (handily located near my Base Medical Revival unit) to raise my defenses against whatever I got killed by. Oft neglected, with these devices a few bits of common salvage can do all kinds of wonderful things to your hero for an hour or so at a time!

Free to add to your base thanks to Homecoming's great base policy (Paraphrased: Do What Thou Wilt Shall be the Whole of the Law).

Good hunting!

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)