Give kheldian.s Peace Bringers Warshades a little love!

lighttechyah

1 hour ago, lighttechyah said:

when most powersets gain 2 slots per lvl up have WS and PB gain 3.. then when norm is 3 per lvl they gain 4 (this will make tri-form easier and better

So extra slots for calamari?  Naw, called imbalance and OP, as their should be choices, decisions, and consequences.  Cant have everything.

• Like 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

"Epic," as used by the devs regarding Khelds and VEATs, specificially means they're tied to a story ("epic" as in, for instance, "Epic of Gilgamesh.")  It's why you couldn't previously change origin. It's why you have arcs specifically for your AT from 1-50, face Quantums and Voids (sadly no cysts any more, and the voids are mostly in Kheld-arcs, and limited at that) and the like.

As far as an asset to the team? I already see my Khelds as being assets. More damage, control, perhaps healing, backup (or main) tanking as needed. The only thing really desired in toggles is having them suppress instead of shut down when swapping forms, and even that I'm not that concerned about.

And the slots? You're piling in *way* too many slots with that idea. Yes, triform is difficult. It's part of why you used to have to have a character at 50 to unlock it.

• Like 4

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

33 minutes ago, MTeague said:

I can't get behind extra slots.  That would let them rack more set bonuses that anyone else can stack. 

I'd be willing to talk turkey on Nova/Dwarf using other powers, but I have no dog in that fight, as my PB is humanform only.

And, technically, they HAVE extra slots (because form powers all come with a minimum of 1 slot in each power).

• Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

38 minutes ago, MTeague said:

I can't get behind extra slots.  That would let them rack more set bonuses that anyone else can stack. 

33 minutes ago, Greycat said:

And the slots? You're piling in *way* too many slots with that idea. Yes, triform is difficult. It's part of why you used to have to have a character at 50 to unlock it.

I've got to agree more with these posts, though I *do* recognize that you are very slot starved as a "Kheld." Perhaps make it so that you have extra slots but those slots don't necessarily contribute to set bonuses? So for instance, Nova and Dwarf forms get a "special" (not talking exact numbers here but spitballing) 6 slots to fulfill basic accuracy/damage/recharge/endurance slotting? I'm sure this would be a nightmare to code these special slots that don't accept set bonuses, but it would be a nice compromise if it could be done to help. Also to add, would likely be attached to being used only in form powers, and are optional to cancel if you wish to just fully slot the powers with set enhancements. 

Edited by Zeraphia

I think a good solution around slot starvation for Kheldians would be to consider power synergies like with the fighting pool. Take certain umbral/luminous aura powers and your crab form gains benefits while crab form grants benefits back to human form, take certain umbral/luminous blast powers and squid form gets stronger while having squid form can add some ouch to human form.

• Thanks 1

The easiest QOL change you can make for kheldians is toggle suppression.

When you swap forms, instead of toggles getting turned off they simply suppress so when you change back to a human, you don't spend10 years re toggling everything.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Lilium said:

When you swap forms, instead of toggles getting turned off they simply suppress so when you change back to a human, you don't spend10 years re toggling everything.

Unsure that toggle suppression is a good (even IF do-able) thing.
Because, then, why not Stone Armor?
Why not multiple forms of invisibility/flight/etc/etc/etc?
Why not use it as a new threat from enemies?

Rockin' out and POOF.  Your toggles just "go away".

I know it CAN be done as an admin control.
I saw it in-use by GMs in Pocket D several times.

Edited by Hyperstrike
  • Like 2

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

37 minutes ago, Hyperstrike said:

Unsure that toggle suppression is a good (even IF do-able) thing.
Because, then, why not Stone Armor?
Why not multiple forms of invisibility/flight/etc/etc/etc?
Why not use it as a new threat from enemies?

Rockin' out and POOF.  Your toggles just "go away".

I know it CAN be done as an admin control.
I saw it in-use by GMs in Pocket D several times.

Everything you just said is a good idea and a QOL improvement over de-toggle. Stone armor is a terribly outdated set that could benefit from it though it wouldn't fix the issues with SA.

Edited by Lilium
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the best thing for Khelds is for the powers that are identical between forms to actually be the same power. The Human form has a bunch of attacks that are either the same as or nearly identical to the Nova and Dwarf forms. The most obvious is human TP vs Dwarf TP. But they are different powers with different names and slots.

Make 'em the same to save on power picks and slots and that'd be a huge buff to the AT without being OP.

Edited by ninja surprise

The thing Ive been saying Khelds of both types could use, that would not imo be true power creep, would be to simply give them access to epic/patron pools. Those alone would open up all sorts of new build variations and added RP flavor when it comes to the patron pools.

Though if we wanted to get really fancy imo the PB forms should be tossed out and redesigned from the ground up. Maybe make one be all about CC, and one all about support, since the human form covers the blast tank thing just fine. Like if the PB nova was instead using high mag stun/hold blasts rather then dps blasts, and the dwarf projected super versions of the leadership buffs as a very simple example.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 1:21 PM, Lilium said:

This would be so awesome.   

And I agree.  Have also suggested it in the past.   It wouldn't change the power of Khelds any, but it would make playing one so much better.  

Maybe its not doable I get it, but if it was ... 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ninja surprise said:

I think the best thing for Khelds is for the powers that are identical between forms to actually be the same power. The Human form has a bunch of attacks that are either the same as or nearly identical to the Nova and Dwarf forms. The most obvious is human TP vs Dwarf TP. But they are different powers with different names and slots.

Make 'em the same to save on power picks and slots and that'd be a huge buff to the AT without being OP.

Ehhhhh....

I don't *dis*agree it would be a useful thing - after all, we have a shared attack in human/nova and human/dwarf already (and dwarf needed a ranged attack,) but while on one hand it would be a buff, you'd also be *losing* places to stack IO bonuses, as well.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

5 hours ago, Greycat said:

I don't *dis*agree it would be a useful thing - after all, we have a shared attack in human/nova and human/dwarf already (and dwarf needed a ranged attack,) but while on one hand it would be a buff, you'd also be *losing* places to stack IO bonuses, as well.

Yeah I guess you'd lose some one-slot powers to put uniques in,  you'd still have the same total number of slots available, but less duplicate powers to slot them in.

I think the biggest nerf is Warshades would lose double-mire.

I don't care for these ideas.

Here's what I want for shades, not much of a PB player.

Front loaded dwarf/human mire: a QoL bonus that dark melee got a long time ago, it would greatly aid their ability to handle solo targets without affecting their AoE prowess.

Harder hitting Siphon Life: Like above, this is a change ripped from dark melee. Essence Drain should get the siphon life treatment and also hit really hard. Right now it needs procs to be worth anything.

Tougher Pets: Warshade pets are actually really strong, but they run into melee and die so easily that you don't really get to get the most out of stolen-soul army.

Higher damage cap: It's really not great considering the mechanics of the AT.

Better DPA: A lot of warshade attacks are crap, but the few that are good have a bit of a speed issue. They're slow and do low DPA - a good solution being either to crank up the damage, or make them animate faster. Both are good, I favor responsiveness so I lean on quickness.

Edited by ScarySai
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Fortuneteller said:

Do forgive me for not taking the three sentence 'suggestion' as serious.

Now now, there's no need for such hostility, not every post will be backed by data and dictionary. It's not the best suggestion, but disagreement alone is fine I'd think.

• Like 1