Pay2Win - Skip Levels - Infamy Sink

Taboo

Or!  Or!  Or!

The cost-per-level is 20% of all Inf earnt, plus 10% of all Inf collected from the market, plus 2x the excess Exp from the Boosters, collectively from all characters from any accounts played on a shared IP Address, MAC Address, and system hardware profile.  WITH the requirement of the Accomplishment Badges on at least one of the characters on the specific account buying Levels.

47 minutes ago, FoulVileTerror said:

Or!  Or!  Or!

The cost-per-level is 20% of all Inf earnt, plus 10% of all Inf collected from the market, plus 2x the excess Exp from the Boosters, collectively from all characters from any accounts played on a shared IP Address, MAC Address, and system hardware profile.  WITH the requirement of the Accomplishment Badges on at least one of the characters on the specific account buying Levels.

Sorry, VT... But that's stupid.

Even as a joke.

ETA: Nobody uses a Mac! XD

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

I like the idea, but i think that is should be capped at level 22.  I think a case could be made to have a couple other levels (12 and 17) as options.

Pricing wise, I'd put it at:

12: 10 mil

17: 20 mil

22: 50 mil

Not so much that it is really going to drain someone, but enough to serve as a legitimate inf sink

• 2 months later
On 9/14/2020 at 5:48 AM, 0th Power said:

I like the idea, but i think that is should be capped at level 22.

Something less than level 50 could work.

Maybe double or triple your costs tho.. just given the number of "I make bazillions per hours, you suck if you can't" posts.

On 9/10/2020 at 1:36 PM, ShardWarrior said:

There are also quite a lot of "old school veterans" who "played through all the content" running around who still have no idea how to play. 

Very true. I'm an old school vet of CoH, and seeing the ineptitude from other vets is...infuriating to put it lightly

• Like 1

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

I'd be okay with a "level skip" option but only if it was only usable with powersets that had a gimmick/combo system.

• Thanks 2

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

I can farm a level 1 to level 22 in under 10 minutes.

This might be the problem.  1 to 22 in 10 minutes in a farm while my Psi/Fire could do 15-18 mins, standing around outside with their c*** in their hand begging asking takes 2 or more hours as I run a quick briggs they are still out there and they send me a tell (I don't care, my badge set is Apathetic unless I am in the mood).  In that time, they can easily got to 15 with DFB except they don't want to form one; but you don't need a full group so finding a few others couldn't take that long.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

30 minutes ago, Krimson said:

I made one of my 50s in October by Trick or Treating. ToT at the Motel in Peregrine is basically a farm disguised an an official event. A solid PI group will give XP at a rate comparable to a farm. One of my toons keeps the Dreck Freakshow mission from Unai Kemen handy. There's lots of ways to PL in the game, of which farming is one that requires making a dedicated character to do it. I don't see it as a problem. Some people might see me as a problem, but we never have to play together. Ever.

Oh yeah, not saying the farm.  Its the wait and then someone looking to the P2W lady to solve it.  Second account, no problems here.  Sometimes one's own initiative pays more, like an alt account or taking charge to start a DFB.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Thankfully HC has stated they will not do this in the past. I swear all the requests for "I win" in this forum have gotten to the point of stupidity. I miss the days when people actually played the game instead of asking for easy mode/insta-wins. This is my last post in this forum... its to the point where the whining for an easy mode...to an already easy game... has made me hate the CoX community on here. I can only imagine what the devs at Paragon would think about this community now - trying to shred apart a game they worked so hard on. Reply if you want... just don't expect me to reply back. I am done with this "community" that is hell-bent on changing this game into something unrecognizable from it's Live days. Gross.

• Like 2

• 3 months later
On 9/6/2020 at 6:30 AM, Razor Cure said:

No. There are already enough AE noobs running round.

When you can go from 1-50 in an hour (or how ever long) in AE, that already IS basically skipping levels.

What is the problem with AE noobs?  What is the problem in skipping levels?

You're right- Having only played here for a bit over a year, and never having played during live, I'm one of the noob players.  I always skip the first 15 or 16 levels (I find play boring at those levels).  Once I feel I have a good handle on a new powerset, I skip to whatever level I desire (usually 50, but not always) in AE farms.

Since this is functionally happening anyway (I'm doing precisely what you suggested), what do you (or other players) get out of retaining the requirement, for those of us who wish to level skip, jump through these (minor or not) AE grind hoops to reach the desired level(s)?  Why do you object to others starting at a higher level?  How does it impact your own game experience, in a negative way?

Farming is off the chain as it stands. I would love to see a grid layout of how many people just farm past low level content in comparison to people who level their way through low level content. That might explain the apparent decrease in people requesting teams in low level content. The popularity of power leveling is a big contributing factor as to why I don't play much anymore. It can't be changed though because changing it would just make people angry and leave...so for the most part, I left instead.

On 9/6/2020 at 6:30 AM, Razor Cure said:

No. There are already enough AE noobs running round.

When you can go from 1-50 in an hour (or how ever long) in AE, that already IS basically skipping levels.

I get what you're saying here. 

I wonder, though, what happens to the "AE noobs" you speak of? 
1. They leave the game.
2. They learn the game, or at least, some of it, as they play. 
3. They continue to make other alts just to sit in AE and get PL'd to 50 and repeat. 

So...who cares? Is it that in their effort to learn the game, they frustrate others who have done so as they played, instead of waiting until they're level 50, essentially broke and without much, if any, kind of build? 

That's my guess. I can't pretend to know the thought process that leads to this result, but ultimately, they will either learn, or leave. I'm okay with that. 

1 minute ago, Ukase said:

I get what you're saying here. 

I wonder, though, what happens to the "AE noobs" you speak of? 
1. They leave the game.
2. They learn the game, or at least, some of it, as they play. 
3. They continue to make other alts just to sit in AE and get PL'd to 50 and repeat. 

So...who cares? Is it that in their effort to learn the game, they frustrate others who have done so as they played, instead of waiting until they're level 50, essentially broke and without much, if any, kind of build? 

That's my guess. I can't pretend to know the thought process that leads to this result, but ultimately, they will either learn, or leave. I'm okay with that. 

makes sense to me. majority of the players here have played the game before and understand basic mechanics. Some may not be in tune with every nuance but it doesnt take more than couple hours to get the hang of something new.

On 3/12/2021 at 6:34 PM, Solarverse said:

Farming is off the chain as it stands. I would love to see a grid layout of how many people just farm past low level content in comparison to people who level their way through low level content. That might explain the apparent decrease in people requesting teams in low level content. The popularity of power leveling is a big contributing factor as to why I don't play much anymore. It can't be changed though because changing it would just make people angry and leave...so for the most part, I left instead.

If they want to make more folks play the lower levels more then those level ranges need more content. Not the same content from a decade ago. No one wants to play that again for the 1000th time.

6 minutes ago, golstat2003 said:

If they want to make more folks play the lower levels more then those level ranges need more content. Not the same content from a decade ago. No one wants to play that again for the 1000th time.

I don't agree. When the Devs made more low level content, all people did was complain about it being low level content. There is no win here for anyone, man. It's simply a no win situation.

58 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

I don't agree. When the Devs made more low level content, all people did was complain about it being low level content. There is no win here for anyone, man. It's simply a no win situation.

Actually folks complained that it wasn't well tuned. And it wasn't. There weren't enough testers for it in the correct level ranges to iron out the kinks. Which, if you notice is why it's back up in beta for more changes. 

There are also other ideas to improve those level ranges.

No one wants to play the same content again from live for the 1000th time, especially in a level range that many folks find boring.

Edited by golstat2003

i m completly against it, all this level skipping makes it harder for people who like to gain levels by actually playing the game to find team members.

if i start a new character most teams who play level apropiate stuff i can find are allready mostly going for AE farms or DFB. (which i cant see anymore)

all this option would do is make people who didnt use AE farms and DFB use level skips to just to not solo until they are around level 30

back to the Zukunft

@Jkwak

Mmm, I think it is a good idea, and there is a precedent in the gaming industry, as I recall, long long ago, a game known as Dark Age of Camelot had the function that once you made a level 50, you could opt to go to a trainer and train to 25 or stop at any level within along the way. There were no character costs to it, no fuzz, just take your level 1 to the nearest trainer and moments later you are 25.

I would think, doing a similar leveling way as Dark Age of Camelot would make sense, and would be so simple. Of course, doing this will kill the DFB spam, ha ha ha

Sue

• 1 month later
On 3/16/2021 at 6:48 AM, jkwak said:

all this level skipping makes it harder for people who like to gain levels by actually playing the game to find team members.

aren't the players just in AE anyway though? It's not like they are playing the lower levels.