This one's going to be unpopular...

ScarySai

I have no problem with this. This game needs more challenges. I do seem to recall however that back on live one of the devs stated that shadow cyst crystals spawning in missions was a bug.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

They do spawn...in the Kheldian arcs, Cimeroran missions, and in ITF.  Seriously, though, I remember saving quite a few teams from wiping on Live because I kept my head on a swivel, and I kinda miss that.

On the other hand, on Live the spawning of Cysts made a lot of groups not want to team with Khelds.  Void/Quantum mobs are one thing, since they only have special effect on the Khelds responsible for their spawning.  But Cysts tended to blend pretty well especially with cave terrain and could cause team wipes if you weren't paying attention.  Back in Live, people understood that Khelds were supposed to be more challenging and all of this built into it.  But now, people see "epic" AT and think it's supposed to be easy mode.

• Like 3

If they only appeared above certain difficulties (ie not at +1/3, but maybe at +2/5 or whatever) and if they could work around the whole "you teamed with a kheld 4 hours ago and you're still spawning kheld mobs" thing, then I'd have no problem with it. 

Maybe another setting where you can choose if they spawn along with bosses and AVs.

Yeah, I miss them too, but I doubt we'll see them again. I kind of miss having a nice high "quantum/void/cyst" kill tally list on my Khelds.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

16 hours ago, Haijinx said:

just make them spawn for everyone not just Khelds?

Part of the issue with that (aside from people I think misremembering how "difficult" they actually are) is that they're very much tied to the Kheldian backstory.

It would be like saying "well, just give everyone Kryptonite bullets." Great when one of the Superpeople show up, but otherwise not much use. Qs and Voids are there with specific anti-Kheld weaponry that doesn't do much to non-Khelds. (And yes, I'd like to see the Nictus damage show back up, not just more NE.)

Though... what might be interesting as a tie-in somewhere... we *know* the Council arms buyers with Quantum weapons. Have the occasional "stop weapons deal" (red or blueside bank mission,) or missions where you're finding weapons (like the early Hollows one) have a chance to also find Quantum weapons. Find enough, get sent on a mission chain, eventually getting to find and break up a  Void Hunter training camp or something. Getting these wouldn't matter if you were a Kheld or not, and it would make the whole Kheldian war saga not wholly invisible outside of Moonfire.

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

1 hour ago, tidge said:

I'm in favor of seeing the cysts return. I remember the painful days of Frostfire missions which included Cyst spawns. It would be nice to team with Kheldians and have the mission difficulties edged up a notch because of the Cysts.

Painful and even broken at one point when their spawning level was bugged as I recall.  I  had to drop my exemplar (a whole 24th lvl, Emp/Dark at that point) to help the team in FF after we triggered a cyst well over our setting and kept getting stomped.  But hey those memories if vague have survived for some 15 years or so 😂

2 hours ago, FoulVileTerror said:

In addition to @Greycat's idea; a Redside story arc about procuring Quantum Weapons slated for destruction in a PPD armoury/evidence locker, and then redistributing them.

Would probably work with what I'd put forward (see my "making the kheldian war more visible" post.)

Edited by Greycat

I'd like to see them make a comeback in some form. Maybe let the spawn by default on L50 council missions? 😂

But seriously, adding them to the ouro difficulty options seems like a no-brainer. Then they're entirely elective which should keep the complaining to a minimum. That being said, I did like them when they were a random encounter...

On 9/28/2020 at 11:12 AM, Greycat said:

Though... what might be interesting as a tie-in somewhere... we *know* the Council arms buyers with Quantum weapons. Have the occasional "stop weapons deal" (red or blueside bank mission,) or missions where you're finding weapons (like the early Hollows one) have a chance to also find Quantum weapons. Find enough, get sent on a mission chain, eventually getting to find and break up a  Void Hunter training camp or something. Getting these wouldn't matter if you were a Kheld or not, and it would make the whole Kheldian war saga not wholly invisible outside of Moonfire.

They gave Family some pretty crazy weapons, though they got tied to lower levels, like most unique mechanics, sadly.

Personally, I'd love to see council get some of their low level mechanics back, like shapeshifting and the occasional swarm of robots and robotic mech bosses. There are so many interesting villain groups, yet you never encounter them past a certain level. You stop encountering drones like blasters and disruptors for Arachnos, Council stop shifting,  Crey lose their scientists debuffs/buffs for swarms of power armor lead by paragon protectors, circle of thorns lose most of their variety and only have death mages, archers and demons, PSI PPD stop showing up in favor of peacebringers, the list goes on.

Might have to make a thread just for that, really. I feel like it would add a lot of flavor to the post-50 game if we could run paper missions with an old enemy group of our choice.

Edited by ScarySai