November 2020 Donations & Finances

Cipher

• City Council

Hello everyone!

If you haven’t already, you should check out the beta server where we’ve just released build 2 of Issue 27: Page 1. It really helps us to have more people testing and providing feedback, and we really appreciate the time you all have put into it so far.

If you have any unused Discord Nitro Boosts, please consider using them on the official Homecoming Discord! We're currently a few boosts from losing the top-level perks which includes our vanity URL, higher upload limits, additional emoji slots, and more. You can read more about Discord Nitro Boosting here.

Now, onto our financial breakdown for the past and upcoming month.

October 2020 Breakdown

Last month we accepted $4,459.33 in donations, $36.81 over our target for the month. This overrun was put towards a $15 domain renewal, and the remainder will be put towards November’s expenses.

Overall, here is the breakdown of what October’s funds went towards:

• $4,645.44 to OVH for our hosting
  • $121.17 for our Google G-Suite Business account
  • $45.00 to 1&1 IONOS for a domain renewal and the final month of our email service through them
  • $25.00 for the Paperspace Air instance
  • $10.00 for our Atlassian Jira Cloud instance (10-user)
  • $9.83 for the security / administration software
  • $8.00 for our AWS EC2 instance which is serving our mail through Amazon SES

image.thumb.png.9510b5b8c154cb766a66993f1a5d380e.png

November 2020

There are a few additional charges in the upcoming month:

• Firstly, our annual DocuSign renewal will be included in November’s finances as it was not originally included in October’s.
  • Secondly, we have two domain renewals coming up in November totaling $137.76.
  • And finally, we have received the latest invoice from our primary law firm totaling $406.18 which will be paid via wire transfer in early November.

In total, the donation target for November 2020 is $5,978.52. Here is a breakdown of how the funds are allocated:

• $4,645.44 for our hardware infrastructure from OVH
  • $406.18 to our primary law firm for their services rendered in September (see above)
  • $300.00 for our annual DocuSign renewal
    • We pay this annually instead of monthly as it's cheaper
  • $137.76 for 2 domain renewals
    • Two .ggs from NameCheap for $68.88 each
  • $121.17 for our Google G-Suite services
  • $25.00 for our Air instance from Paperspace
  • $10.00 for our Atlassian Jira (Cloud) service
  • $9.83 for security / administration software
  • $8.28 for the AWS EC2 instance serving our email

Our donation system will be open as of the time of this post with a donation target of $5,978.52 and will automatically close once that target is met.

For more information about our finances and donations, check out our Donations & Finances FAQ. If you're interested in helping Homecoming in other ways, please check out our How You Can Help Homecoming thread.

As always, thank you for all of the support!

- The Homecoming Team

• Thanks 2

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

5 minutes ago, Kriiden said:

Woot, first time I was able to make a donation. Although small, I finally feel like I put something back. Happy Halloween!

Almost verbatim what I was going to say.  Glad I was finally able to help in my own small way!

• Thanks 1

Is anyone else concerned at all about how long it took this time to reach the donation goal? I recall in the past, it was something like 20-30 minutes, but I think I was the one that was able to "put it over the top" finally, and it was several hours later. I'm a little bit concerned about the substantial increase in the time to funding goal met, to be honest...

I'm out.

• City Council
16 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Is anyone else concerned at all about how long it took this time to reach the donation goal? I recall in the past, it was something like 20-30 minutes, but I think I was the one that was able to "put it over the top" finally, and it was several hours later. I'm a little bit concerned about the substantial increase in the time to funding goal met, to be honest...

Not too concerned - due to unforeseen circumstances donations opened up several hours later than expected. It also took longer the last time we missed the normal opening time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!