What's next for 2021?

Ohsirus

The devs have said they do not comment on potential changes before they  are ready for beta as that causes player to take comments as pledges of changes.

Which when you rearrange the letters is a hidden message saying they are going to port regeneration to tankers in the March 32nd patch.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

I really hope we get new hairstyles, faces and costume pieces. Even if they are existing pieces from NPCs.

Weapons for backpacks, like Tsoo having dual katanas, or shields, axes, staffs, swords and so on.

I think after some time I'm having serious need of more costume pieces and options, specially hairstyles. There are tons of existing pieces, even if they are iconic from NPCs, it would be awesome.

• 2 weeks later

I would like to see the Master Mind Zombie Hoard get some customization attention.  Being abler to name them is extremely helpful, but I would like to to be able to change their appearance.  I saw a lot of variations during the Halloween event, where the undead would emerge from the ground - so the art work is there.  Even having random zombie models would be awesome.

4 hours ago, CursedSorcerer said:

I'm itching to punch some Battalion.

What even IS the Battalion?  All I've ever heard about them is that they're Out There Somewhere, and that they're allegedly powerful enough to stomp the average hero flat (which is how most level-50-and-on enemies are hyped, so that's kinda lost its scare factor).  There's been no lore, no images, no data, no NOTHING.  Just a bit of NPC chatter shilling them as a big thing. 

What's so big about them?  What can they do?  What do they look like?  What's their origin, their culture, their motive?  What differentiates the Battalion from the other 200 things that might reduce Paragon City to rubble this week?

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/The_Battalion

"Can you show us any images of what the Battalion were going to look like?
"Matt Miller:  Sorry, art unreleased has to stay unreleased due to our contracts."

As I recall, their motivation is "locate and drain all The Wells" around the . . . galaxy?  Universe?  Multiverse?  I'm not even sure.

Based on the A.M.A., it was basically silly escalation guff which you see in most MMOs of the era (and beyond).  https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA

"After the Battalion, what was the next "big idea" that was going to come down the road, if you had thought that far ahead?
"Matt Miller:  The Dimensionless are a race of beings superior to the Wells. Dealing with them once you became a well unto yourself was the next logical step.
"Sean McCann(?): One of the ideas was that you kind of “cheat” to defeat Battalion, in essence doing something that should take you being level 50 ++++++++ and doing it at level 50, shattering the source of Battalion. However, this meant that a ton of things that were controlled by Battalion were now freed to do whatever they want, so the threats were unknown but out there, and now it was the responsibility of the players to go out there and handle them."

I was so-so interested in the potential of the Battalion as a storytelling medium.  Up until the point of seeing what the Legacy/Retail Devs' plans were . . . I do hope the Homecoming Devs subvert the HELL out of those plans.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TemporalVileTerror said:

I was so-so interested in the potential of the Battalion as a storytelling medium.  Up until the point of seeing what the Legacy/Retail Devs' plans were . . . I do hope the Homecoming Devs subvert the HELL out of those plans.

+1

The Battalion as described sound fundamentally like a plot device to continue the reorientation of CoX towards endgame grinding.  A bigger threat leading to more Itrials to grind for more Incarnate XP and components to fill more incarnate power slots to eventually lead to an EVEN BIGGER threat leading to MORE Itrials to grind for MORE Incarnate XP and components to fill MORE incarnate power slots to eventually lead to an EVEN MORE BIGGER threat leading to...

I would rather they turned out to be a speck of dirt on the time radar that a Mender misinterpreted after not enough sleep and too much coffee.

• Haha 3

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

2 hours ago, Black Zot said:

What even IS the Battalion?  All I've ever heard about them is that they're Out There Somewhere, and that they're allegedly powerful enough to stomp the average hero flat (which is how most level-50-and-on enemies are hyped, so that's kinda lost its scare factor).  There's been no lore, no images, no data, no NOTHING.  Just a bit of NPC chatter shilling them as a big thing. 

What's so big about them?  What can they do?  What do they look like?  What's their origin, their culture, their motive?  What differentiates the Battalion from the other 200 things that might reduce Paragon City to rubble this week?

I can't answer the questions. I can say though anyone who thinks we'll be seeing the Battalion anytime in the next 3 years (let alone 2021 LOL)  . . . needs to pass whatever it is they are on.

Agreed. If Battalion do show up let them be something different than the nonsense guffed in the AMA.

And just kill Dream Doctor outright. Deus ex machina npcs are the dumbest most player insulting thing.

Open up the Number Six Praetorian missions in Last Bastion to actual Praetorian toons. It just needs a door moved!

• Thanks 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

On 1/15/2021 at 8:30 PM, Angelxman said:

I really hope we get new hairstyles, faces and costume pieces. Even if they are existing pieces from NPCs.

Weapons for backpacks, like Tsoo having dual katanas, or shields, axes, staffs, swords and so on.

I think after some time I'm having serious need of more costume pieces and options, specially hairstyles. There are tons of existing pieces, even if they are iconic from NPCs, it would be awesome.

I know that other servers have done this.

HOWEVER, for a very long time, I've wanted one of my characters, who has a phobia of scissors, to wear a giant pair of scissors on her back. She doesn't use them in melee. There just there to keep her on edge.