All tailors should be able to change height/gender

Beef Ninja

Because the only reason the cosmetic surgeons were separate when the game was live is because you had to pay actual money to access them. It's a pain to trek all the way to a tailor whenever you want to get a little crazy (I'm looking at you Praetoria) because the trainers are lacking only two options, and the tailors you can put in your base not having these options is especially frustrating.

And since I have the sneaking suspicion people are gonna whip out the ole "immersion breaking" excuse I just want to point out Blue Steel can already give you a facelift and a boob job, thanks for reading.

• Like 3

I wonder if that is because Kings Row doesn't have an Icon or other tailor in it, so they let Blue Steel handle it instead of making a new building.

But then it would have to apply to the Talos and Skyway and Faultline trainers too. Hm.

Edited by Take One

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

17 minutes ago, Take One said:

I wonder if that is because Kings Row doesn't have an Icon or other tailor in it, so they let Blue Steel handle it instead of making a new building.

But then it would have to apply to the Talos and Skyway and Faultline trainers too. Hm.

All the trainers can change your costume. I'm referring to the face and body sliders that all tailors can already change.

Yes, I know. I was wondering why they might have allowed Blue Steel to change body sliders, speculating that it might be because there's no surgeon in the zone.

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

On the one hand, I agree that there should be more... consistency in these sorts of things, and implementing it should not be a dev-crusher or game-breaker.

OTOH... just how brutally hard and time-wasting is it to go alllllll the way to another zone's shop when you want to play Stretch Armstrong with your alt? 😛

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I feel like at the very least, the Icon/Facemaker NPCs that are available for bases should have been set as "surgeons" so they can change body and height sliders. I sure wouldn't complain if trainers had the option as well, but to me the ability to edit a costume at any trainer is always just a nice bonus function anyway.

The tailor NPCs for bases really should be capable of any and all costume changes though.

• Like 3

It's not hard just inconvenient and annoying, and in Praetoria to change these you have to go to Rita Mayfair in Imperial City which means potentially getting killed by mobs above your level range if you want to get the free costume changes before level 10.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Arctique said:

The tailor NPCs for bases really should be capable of any and all costume changes though.

Can't argue that. Seems —seems — like a simple change and a worthwhile one.

• Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Unpopular opinion: I think the real problem is that we've become used to trainers being tailors, when they probably shouldn't have been made that way in the first place.  I would prefer the old way of having to visit a tailor for costume changes, and a surgeon for body mods, as it was in retail.  But then again, I'm just old fashioned that way.  /em shakes fist in curmudgeonly fashion

I do support the idea of adding the surgeon NPCs to bases though: if a base can have every other kind of NPC, I don't see why surgeons were exempted.  I think that was just an oversight, one that could probably be remedied easily.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

54 minutes ago, Beef Ninja said:

It's not hard just inconvenient and annoying, and in Praetoria to change these you have to go to Rita Mayfair in Imperial City which means potentially getting killed by mobs above your level range if you want to get the free costume changes before level 10.

Well, okay. And being on record that I think this is a change worth making — that all tailors should have all functions, with the reasons for the division being long obsolete — I gotta devil's-advocate just on dev-time basis.

Anyone who's worked with a software team knows the one programmer who will expend a dozen man-hours optimizing some bit of code that runs once, for 3 milliseconds, only at program startup. (Good practice is to optimize the modules that occupy the most CPU/system time throughout program execution and work downward.) So on that basis... dev time to make this change, should it be more than perhaps a man-hour in all, is not worth the tiny bit of collective player-time to scoot over to a full tailor one (1) time with every fourth or fifth alt. The features/functions are readily available, after all... just not with maximized convenience.

So if the actual change requires more than trivial expenditure of dev time budget... it's not worth it while more important fixes wait.

29 minutes ago, Rathulfr said:

Unpopular opinion: I think the real problem is that we've become used to trainers being tailors, when they probably shouldn't have been made that way in the first place.

I know I've posted this commission I had made after that change before, but...

drunkfu-sang-bella-tailor.jpg

• Haha 5

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

19 minutes ago, Greycat said:

THIS right here is the number one reason in my mind why the trainers SHOULD NOT also have tailor service option.

There are tailors everywhere and anyone who feels it's too much of an inconvenience to run across the street behind City Hall in Atlas Park or toward the wall near the Tunnel network portal is in Mercy Isle... well, I just have zero sympathy for that as an inconvenience.  Seriously, walk or fly your ass over there.  It's not a big trip and nothing you can say will change my mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Player2 said:

Also, if we extend the surgeon tailor options to trainers... just imagine (in art form as the image above) all of the gender reassignment surgeries that poor Ms. Liberty will have to perform.

Lahle. Generally now it's a part of my Hyperkreator, but that doesn't have to be anyhow neutered. It's kinda handy to be able to modify Kostumes this way within mah Base.

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

On 1/20/2021 at 8:08 PM, Rathulfr said:

Unpopular opinion: I think the real problem is that we've become used to trainers being tailors, when they probably shouldn't have been made that way in the first place.  I would prefer the old way of having to visit a tailor for costume changes, and a surgeon for body mods, as it was in retail.  But then again, I'm just old fashioned that way.  /em shakes fist in curmudgeonly fashion

I 100% agree with this, (although the costume change option was actually added to trainers on live, in I21).

• Thanks 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

Just now, Player2 said:

You say that as if the devs on Live were incapable of mistakes.

No, I'm agreeing that trainers shouldn't have been given costume change powers, I'm just pointing out that they shouldn't have been given them by the devs on live, rather than that they shouldn't have been given them by the HC devs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

1 minute ago, Grouchybeast said:

No, I'm agreeing that trainers shouldn't have been given costume change powers, I'm just pointing out that they shouldn't have been given them by the devs on live, rather than that they shouldn't have been given them by the HC devs.

Definitely agree.

• Thanks 1

Personally I'm not attached to trainers providing tailor services, but I think tailor services should be consistent and comprehensive wherever you get them... not "this tailor does some things, this other one does the rest."

Of course my views on the matter are a bit more liberal. I'd like to be able to access tailor functions (including body alteration) from anywhere at any time, using a slash command in the same way we can /respec. Furthermore, I would remove all inf costs from making any alteration. Lets face it, they don't suck down enough to be an effective money sink anyway, all they do is make it inconvenient to tweek your costume(s) in the teens/twenties.

The question at that point is "What do the actual ICON/Facemaker shops do?" Which is a good question, since they don't do much of anything anyway, being able to access their function at any trainer. Frankly I'd like to see some more missions or other content tied into them.

But yeah, any tailor should have the function of every tailor.

On 1/20/2021 at 11:23 AM, Arctique said:

I feel like at the very least, the Icon/Facemaker NPCs that are available for bases

Suggestions & Feedback
Search...

Homecoming
All tailors should be able to change height/gender
By Beef Ninja, Wednesday at 08:50 AM in Suggestions & Feedback

Beef Ninja     5
Beef Ninja

Posted Wednesday at 08:50 AM
Because the only reason the cosmetic surgeons were separate when the game was live is because you had to pay actual money to access them. It's a pain to trek all the way to a tailor whenever you want to get a little crazy (I'm looking at you Praetoria) because the trainers are lacking only two options, and the tailors you can put in your base not having these options is especially frustrating.

And since I have the sneaking suspicion people are gonna whip out the ole "immersion breaking" excuse I just want to point out Blue Steel can already give you a facelift and a boob job, thanks for reading.

srmalloy     642
srmalloy

Posted Wednesday at 09:42 AM
Yes, well, Blue Steel gets away with things the other trainers can't.

Haha
Take One     83
Take One

Posted Wednesday at 10:14 AM

Edited Wednesday at 10:15 AM by Take One
Beef Ninja     5
Beef Ninja

Posted Wednesday at 10:33 AM

On 1/20/2021 at 10:14 AM, Take One said:

All the trainers can change your costume. I'm referring to the face and body sliders that all tailors can already change.

Take One     83
Take One

Posted Wednesday at 10:35 AM
Yes, I know. I was wondering why they might have allowed Blue Steel to change body sliders, speculating that it might be because there's no surgeon in the zone.

Shenanigunner     140
Shenanigunner

Posted Wednesday at 10:50 AM
On the one hand, I agree that there should be more... consistency in these sorts of things, and implementing it should not be a dev-crusher or game-breaker.

OTOH... just how brutally hard and time-wasting is it to go alllllll the way to another zone's shop when you want to play Stretch Armstrong with your alt? 😛

Thanks
BrandX     333
BrandX

Posted Wednesday at 11:20 AM
I really don't see how it's hard now.  Oro to AP, go to Icon.

Oro to where in Red Side.

So, is this just a praetorian thing, that you only really go there at the beginning?

Thanks
Arctique     128
Arctique

Posted Wednesday at 11:23 AM
I feel like at the very least, the Icon/Facemaker NPCs that are available for bases should have been set as "surgeons" so they can change body and height sliders. I sure wouldn't complain if trainers had the option as well, but to me the ability to edit a costume at any trainer is always just a nice bonus function anyway.

Beef Ninja     5
Beef Ninja

Posted Wednesday at 11:32 AM
It's not hard just inconvenient and annoying, and in Praetoria to change these you have to go to Rita Mayfair in Imperial City which means potentially getting killed by mobs above your level range if you want to get the free costume changes before level 10.

Shenanigunner     140
Shenanigunner

Posted Wednesday at 11:46 AM

Can't argue that. Seems —seems — like a simple change and a worthwhile one.

Rathulfr     1464
Rathulfr

Posted Wednesday at 12:08 PM
Unpopular opinion: I think the real problem is that we've become used to trainers being tailors, when they probably shouldn't have been made that way in the first place.  I would prefer the old way of having to visit a tailor for costume changes, and a surgeon for body mods, as it was in retail.  But then again, I'm just old fashioned that way.  /em shakes fist in curmudgeonly fashion

I do support the idea of adding the surgeon NPCs to bases though: if a base can have every other kind of NPC, I don't see why surgeons were exempted.  I think that was just an oversight, one that could probably be remedied easily.

Thanks
Shenanigunner     140
Shenanigunner

Posted Wednesday at 12:33 PM
  On 1/20/2021 at 11:32 AM, Beef Ninja said:
It's not hard just inconvenient and annoying, and in Praetoria to change these you have to go to Rita Mayfair in Imperial City which means potentially getting killed by mobs above your level range if you want to get the free costume changes before level 10.

Well, okay. And being on record that I think this is a change worth making — that all tailors should have all functions, with the reasons for the division being long obsolete — I gotta devil's-advocate just on dev-time basis.

Anyone who's worked with a software team knows the one programmer who will expend a dozen man-hours optimizing some bit of code that runs once, for 3 milliseconds, only at program startup. (Good practice is to optimize the modules that occupy the most CPU/system time throughout program execution and work downward.) So on that basis... dev time to make this change, should it be more than perhaps a man-hour in all, is not worth the tiny bit of collective player-time to scoot over to a full tailor one (1) time with every fourth or fifth alt. The features/functions are readily available, after all... just not with maximized convenience.

So if the actual change requires more than trivial expenditure of dev time budget... it's not worth it while more important fixes wait.

Greycat     2237
Greycat

Posted Wednesday at 12:38 PM
  On 1/20/2021 at 12:08 PM, Rathulfr said:
Unpopular opinion: I think the real problem is that we've become used to trainers being tailors, when they probably shouldn't have been made that way in the first place.

Haha
Player2     2326
Player2

Posted Wednesday at 01:01 PM
  On 1/20/2021 at 12:38 PM, Greycat said:

THIS right here is the number one reason in my mind why the trainers SHOULD NOT also have tailor service option.

There are tailors everywhere and anyone who feels it's too much of an inconvenience to run across the street behind City Hall in Atlas Park or toward the wall near the Tunnel network portal is in Mercy Isle... well, I just have zero sympathy for that as an inconvenience.  Seriously, walk or fly your ass over there.  It's not a big trip and nothing you can say will change my mind.

Thanks
Player2     2326
Player2

Posted Wednesday at 01:03 PM
Also, if we extend the surgeon tailor options to trainers... just imagine (in art form as the image above) all of the gender reassignment surgeries that poor Ms. Liberty will have to perform.

Purrfekshawn     123
Purrfekshawn

Posted Thursday at 04:16 AM
  On 1/20/2021 at 1:03 PM, Player2 said:

Lahle. Generally now it's a part of my Hyperkreator, but that doesn't have to be anyhow neutered. It's kinda handy to be able to modify Kostumes this way within mah Base.

Grouchybeast     843
Grouchybeast

Posted Thursday at 04:52 PM
  On 1/20/2021 at 12:08 PM, Rathulfr said:
Unpopular opinion: I think the real problem is that we've become used to trainers being tailors, when they probably shouldn't have been made that way in the first place.  I would prefer the old way of having to visit a tailor for costume changes, and a surgeon for body mods, as it was in retail.  But then again, I'm just old fashioned that way.  /em shakes fist in curmudgeonly fashion

I 100% agree with this, (although the costume change option was actually added to trainers on live, in I21).

Thanks
Player2     2326
Player2

Posted Thursday at 04:59 PM
  On 1/21/2021 at 4:52 PM, Grouchybeast said:

Grouchybeast     843
Grouchybeast

Posted Thursday at 05:03 PM
  On 1/21/2021 at 4:59 PM, Player2 said:

Thanks
Player2     2326
Player2

Posted Thursday at 05:05 PM
  On 1/21/2021 at 5:03 PM, Grouchybeast said:

Definitely agree.

Thanks
Starhammer     22
Starhammer

Posted 3 hours ago
Personally I'm not attached to trainers providing tailor services, but I think tailor services should be consistent and comprehensive wherever you get them... not "this tailor does some things, this other one does the rest."

Of course my views on the matter are a bit more liberal. I'd like to be able to access tailor functions (including body alteration) from anywhere at any time, using a slash command in the same way we can /respec. Furthermore, I would remove all inf costs from making any alteration. Lets face it, they don't suck down enough to be an effective money sink anyway, all they do is make it inconvenient to tweek your costume(s) in the teens/twenties.

The question at that point is "What do the actual ICON/Facemaker shops do?" Which is a good question, since they don't do much of anything anyway, being able to access their function at any trainer. Frankly I'd like to see some more missions or other content tied into them.

But yeah, any tailor should have the function of every tailor.

Haijinx     2069
Haijinx

Posted 1 hour ago
Im for making all tailors having all options.

AND 

Removing all tailor services from Trainers 

Click and drag to move

Click to choose files
Max total size 4.88MB 
 Notify me of replies
 Hide
GO TO TOPIC LISTING
NEXT UNREAD TOPIC

Copyright © 2020 Homecoming Servers LLC. All rights reserved. Theme  Privacy Policy Contact Us