Trapdoor Test Results - the other half of Pylon testing?

Kanil

scrapper

martial arts/bio/mu

t3 muscle core, t3 ageless core (radial branchoff for 90s recov), t1 degen

avg:

4m49s

times:

Spoiler

5m1s
4m50s
4m35s
4m58s
4m26s
4m58s
4m58s

video:

the time discrepancies are primarily due to boss placements - the 4m26 and 4m35 runs didn't have the additional boss at the end so they ran by overall smoother.

regardless, it's still a surprising result. the consistency on eagle claw in activating crit strikes alongside how quickly dragon tail comes up means that the amount of crit AOEs just kinda keeps comin', which makes the aoe firepower aspect better than expected. if you can get some good clumping into the 8ft aoe of dragon's tail, you can really make do with it.

pretty surprising and a fun lil showcase of how the crit strikes proc and where it's placed + how it meshes with the AOEs can make a big difference.

my preemptive pylon testing is on the weirder side though, because the times are astonishingly bad for a set that's supposed to be ST focused in the same vein that like, energy melee is.

• Thumbs Up 3

10 hours ago, Kanil said:

my preemptive pylon testing is on the weirder side though, because the times are astonishingly bad for a set that's supposed to be ST focused in the same vein that like, energy melee is.

I've had pretty amazing results with MA/BIO/MU on pylons, actually. I've got ATO2 is EC. I do EC-SK-CaK-Snipe-EC-SK-CaK-SK. Even without Snipe it would be pretty wild. The ATO2 makes Sk and CaK have a 86% chance to crit. I average under 1:25 with the combo on a pylon.

*lol so glad this got figured out. Storm Kick > Thunder Kick

Edited by SomeGuy
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later

Ice/Bio - 4:17

T4 Musc (R)

T4 Ageless (L)

T4 Degen (L)

T4 Assault (passive)

So clocked my fastest trapdoor time yet at 4:17 with... ice melee?? I'm very impressed with ice's AoE clear speed. Could probably get down to 4:15 if I really get the Frost positioning down. For a cone, it hits really hard.. even in a ST rotation.

Edited by Ston
  • Like 1

Claws/Rad- 4:07

T4 Musc (R)

T4 Ageless (L)

T4 Degen (L)

T4 Assault (passive)

Had massive time swings with this combo, a few over 5 minutes. For some reason I had way more issues with mobs running away with rad armor than with bio. Nonetheless, new personal best! 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/20/2022 at 12:53 PM, Ston said:

Ice/Bio - 4:17

T4 Musc (R)

T4 Ageless (L)

T4 Degen (L)

T4 Assault (passive)

So clocked my fastest trapdoor time yet at 4:17 with... ice melee?? I'm very impressed with ice's AoE clear speed. Could probably get down to 4:15 if I really get the Frost positioning down. For a cone, it hits really hard.. even in a ST rotation.

I really liked your run. I think you've got a solid build here! You could definitely get a better time considering you used your heavy hitting ST attacks on minions from time to time. I assume this is because you were rushing, I would probably make the same mistakes haha. Also, like you mentioned if you lined up cones you could melt these mobs even faster. 

With that out of the way I love it, you took a pretty uncommon primary (especially on scrappers) and made it perform very well. My altitis is flaring up which means you did something right! Grats!

• Thanks 1

Been on a trapdoor binge lately... Decided to try something different. 

Energy/TA Blaster - 4:36 (4:50ish average) 

*I did use Defensive amplifier and panic-popped a green at 3:00. But my health bar was almost full when I popped it sooooo didn't really make or break the run. You be the judge*

This combo has a ton of AoE firepower. The ST kind of suffers, but the snipe is giving FF procs to make Nova ready for the next mob. This was about 30s faster than my archery/ta run, I think a lot of that is due to the damage type and Nova hitting harder than RoA. Pretty impressed with this combo, not to mention it's a ton of fun. 

Edited by Ston
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

37 minutes ago, brasilgringo said:

I got a 1.42 time on the build below.  T3 Musc Total Core, T4 Degen Core Flawless, Assault Radial (b/c I heard double-hit is better dps for fast-attacking DB chain), Ageless Radial.  Chain was BF->SweepingStrike->Ablating, repeat ...with a tiny gap before BF is back up.

This is the trapdoor thread.

Been a few months since I last posted a trapdoor. Unfortunately my audio got corrupted so this time around there's free music covering that up. In addition to that, it's INCREDIBLY hard to get a real fair run at killing Trapdoor himself since we have no taunt on this AT. Kinda hard to prevent him from running around in the lava just taking free damage ;/ I digress.

Dark/Rad/Psi Sentinel (6m40 average)

I've done quite a bit of runs, and for this combo in particular it has taken a lot of practice to get used to. My first run was something around 7:50 or so, but after becoming more and more familiar with the character i was able to get them down to an average of 6 minutes and 40 seconds.

There's something about this character that's a lot of fun though, there's a lot more reward for movement with them than many others that I've played, which makes for some really good times. I took them through the first mission in ITF at 4/8  without inspirations and solo'd it. Had a few deaths, but most felt more like my fault since I could have maneuvered better. That was a good feeling to have in this game. The problems show up a bit here in trapdoor, the lower target caps make you work much harder to achieve similar results to other damage ATs, while also just not having any access to crits and a inherent that ultimately feels useless. I find the pylon time far more concerning though...

Regardless of the desire for some AT rebalancing, it's a real pleasure to be able to use this mix of powers on a single character. A truly unique experience 🙂

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ratch_ said:

Dark/Rad/Psi Sentinel (6m40 average)

That was a nice run for a sentinel! You probably could've gotten 5:30-6:00 if it weren't for mobs running away. It looks like the time you take to clear the enemies within your target cap is competitive with other ATs.

This makes me think that if sentinels had a taunt proc, taunt aura, and/or a target cap buff.. they would be a lot more viable with a high-end build. They have power choices that would make blasters jealous like Dark Obliteration and all the epic PBAoEs,  I'm gonna plan on doing a sentinel run next, looks like a fun challenge! 

• Like 1

Rad/SR Sentinel - 5:05 (Average 5:30ish / Survival Amplifier used for recovery)

T4 Musc Core

T4 Ageless Core

T4 Degen

T4 Assault (Passive)

I did a lot of runs with this combo and have a few thoughts:

- Needed to let one boss from the first group follow me to the next group. The lower target cap meant that I would be wasting more time finishing off the remaining enemies.

- This combo NEEDED both the Ragnarok and Avalanche knockdown procs. I think Radiation blast has a very efficient AoE chain in Irradiate>Neutron Bomb>Psychic Shockwave. You're able to apply two -res procs and then keep them knocked down with the follow up AoEs.

- Overall.. I think sentinels have plenty of potential to be a competitive combo. With some buffs to their target cap, damage, or inherent ability, I think they can become a very popular AT with all the unique power choices.

Edited by Ston
  • Like 2

Recorded a couple really good times with two very different powerset combos. 

DP/Elec Blaster (4:04 -> 4:25 average) and Fire/Savage Tanker (4:05 -> 4:20 average)

Needed defensive amplifier for the blaster, couldn't hang with the psy damage and end drain.

Edited by Ston
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

I gave it a go on my Warshade just to see how poorly I'd fare. Not even close to a top time but I'm okay with 5:40ish. 

I never run Trapdoor. I'm super bad at navigating cave maps so It could have been a little faster. This was 1 of 4 runs.

None of my incarnates really helped outside of Clarion which I chose just to reduce my inspiration need down to the occasional yellow to counter blinds.
But for clarity I used:
T4 Vigor
T4 Reactive
T4 Clarion
T4 Assault (passive only)

Look upon my UI in horror.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Doomrider said:

I gave it a go on my Warshade just to see how poorly I'd fare. Not even close to a top time but I'm okay with 5:40ish. 

I never run Trapdoor. I'm super bad at navigating cave maps so It could have been a little faster. This was 1 of 4 runs.

None of my incarnates really helped outside of Clarion which I chose just to reduce my inspiration need down to the occasional yellow to counter blinds.
But for clarity I used:
T4 Vigor
T4 Reactive
T4 Clarion

Wow, that was a really good warshade run 👏

I didn't think a warshade would be able to kill bosses in a reasonable time but your macro chain along with the DPS from pets looked really good. Trapdoor went down really quick too. I almost want to say Kheldians should be able to use 2 reds for trapdoor runs to get the most out of the AT. Might have shaved your time down closer to 5min.

Only Kheldian trapdoor I've tried was a human-only peacebringer. I couldn't even get passed the first 3 groups because of no end drain resistance lol.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Doomrider said:

But for clarity I used:
T4 Vigor
T4 Reactive
T4 Clarion

I am impressed.

• Thanks 1

Assault Rifle / Mental Manipulation Blaster - 5:08 - (w/ Defensive Amplifier)

I don't think I killed that Mech around 0:56... oops. 

Wanted to do an assault rifle run for shigs. I think this set has some potential.. but it needs help desperately. The only good powers IMO are Burst, Slug, Sniper Rifle, and M30 Grenade. Flamethrower, Ignite, and Beanbag aren't even worth considering unless you're using Oil Slick Arrow.

Full Auto needs its arc buffed. Unless you're standing 60ft+ away from a mob in perfect LOS, it's not even worth using. I would much rather have something like Overcharge.. shoot a grenade or missile that functions as a Targeted AoE. 

As is though.. Assault Rifle is the worst ranged set I've used. I would only recommend using it if you plan on spamming Burst, Sniper Rifle, and M30.

If anything I think this run just showed how good Mental Manipulation and Bonfire are.

Edited by Ston
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 4:16 AM, Gobbledegook said:

First ever run with Bio/SS Tanker.  4mins 16 secs.

Started the timer as soon as i entered the base. It took a few seconds of self buffing, non hybrid.

Ran into a couple of dead ends and had trouble jumping down the holes lol. I can't seem to jump down th holes, keep jumping over them instead 😛 Guess i am getting old.

Boss goes down fast in about 5 hits.

Pylon time is between 1.54-2.22, usually around 2.12 though with Hybrid on. 

Was reading through this thread for the fist time and saw this, which got me really curious. I have done bio on scraps and stalkers several times, but honestly I just don't like it (especially on stalkers) because it is just so paper thin. With the tank modifiers though, it seems to be pretty sturdy without even messing with s/l defense. I haven't tried a 4/8 ITF yet, so not sure about the def cascade there, but it does pretty well on the 801.2 on beta. 801.5 killed me fast as I couldn't hit anything and they whittled me down. Anyway, once I got the hang of it, I got the below:

4:27 with procced dna siphon
3:49! dropped dna proccing, with extra recharge in rage
4:21 messed up several times
4:22 didn't mess up?

So except for that one outlier time, ever so slightly slower than Gob's. In terms of pylons, after some experimentation I got it to these with hybrid slotted but inactive, Rage stacked:

2:08
2:05

(chain is Dark Det, Gloom, KB, Cross Punch, Gloom, Haymaker)

That is nuts for a tank. I dig it. A lot.

I have to add, I've got issues with some aspects of this test. Namely, I think the cave map heavily disadvantages cone users vs pbaoe and taoe. I started taking a db character in here and it's just nearly impossible to line up the cones for max effectiveness. You can't even do the jump-then-execute trick, as the ceilings are low. So it's kind of interesting for comparisons between pbaoe sets, but I don't think it's a real comparison for cone sets. I know that won't matter to everyone, but just thought I'd toss it as my 2 cents.

While I'm here, I'll add a stalker for data, though again, I sucked with the cones so this might not be ideal representation:

db/elec 7:30 (lethal also seems extra resisted here?)

pylon time varies between 1:25 and 1:30, hybrid off

I ran a staff/ice stalker as well, which did quite a bit better, but it appears I did not write down that time where I thought... its last three pylons were 1:57, 1:45, and 2:07. I might rerun the trapdoor later.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/8/2022 at 5:21 AM, Microcosm said:

Was reading through this thread for the fist time and saw this, which got me really curious. I have done bio on scraps and stalkers several times, but honestly I just don't like it (especially on stalkers) because it is just so paper thin. With the tank modifiers though, it seems to be pretty sturdy without even messing with s/l defense. I haven't tried a 4/8 ITF yet, so not sure about the def cascade there, but it does pretty well on the 801.2 on beta. 801.5 killed me fast as I couldn't hit anything and they whittled me down. Anyway, once I got the hang of it, I got the below:

4:27 with procced dna siphon
3:49! dropped dna proccing, with extra recharge in rage
4:21 messed up several times
4:22 didn't mess up?

So except for that one outlier time, ever so slightly slower than Gob's. In terms of pylons, after some experimentation I got it to these with hybrid slotted but inactive, Rage stacked:

2:08
2:05

(chain is Dark Det, Gloom, KB, Cross Punch, Gloom, Haymaker)

That is nuts for a tank. I dig it. A lot.

I have to add, I've got issues with some aspects of this test. Namely, I think the cave map heavily disadvantages cone users vs pbaoe and taoe. I started taking a db character in here and it's just nearly impossible to line up the cones for max effectiveness. You can't even do the jump-then-execute trick, as the ceilings are low. So it's kind of interesting for comparisons between pbaoe sets, but I don't think it's a real comparison for cone sets. I know that won't matter to everyone, but just thought I'd toss it as my 2 cents.

While I'm here, I'll add a stalker for data, though again, I sucked with the cones so this might not be ideal representation:

db/elec 7:30 (lethal also seems extra resisted here?)

pylon time varies between 1:25 and 1:30, hybrid off

I ran a staff/ice stalker as well, which did quite a bit better, but it appears I did not write down that time where I thought... its last three pylons were 1:57, 1:45, and 2:07. I might rerun the trapdoor later.

Yes Bio on a tanker is quite sturdy but it depends on what you are facing. ITF is easier on my Bio than it is on my Rad or Dark. 90% s/l Resists and good regen with the heals/absorb is more than enough to stay in mobs pretty much indefinitely. Clearing the mobs faster with Bio helps.  A secondary with good CC and clearing power helps also. Shield is much better than bio/rad/dark for ITF.

My Rad does 801.5 a lot easier than my Bio though but i am 99% of the time in offensive stance. I have never built my Bio to be a super defensive tanker but more for damage whilst having decent survival. If i wanted a defensive Tanker i would probably roll a SA Granite Tank.

Yes AoEs and PBAoEs are much better than cones at least for me anyway. Footstomp, Dark obliteration and a procced out DNA siphon clear trash very easily and Bio makes short work of bosses, for a Tanker anyway.

Kinetic Melee / Shield Defense Scrapper - 4:36 (Average 4:50ish) - Survival Amplifier used

Looks like kinetic melee has a really good synergy with shield. You can hit power siphon and spam your t1,t2,t3 attacks on a boss to stack it.. and in the meantime, you'll be surrounded by trash mobs to saturate AAO. Hit Concentrated Strike (w/ ATO2) and you're ready to put out some serious AoE damage. 

ST damage feels pretty slow since the set isn't great with procs and I was mostly using t1,t2,t3. You could probably get better ST dps by including a snipe and proc'd Focused Burst.

Edited by Ston
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Ston said:

Kinetic Melee / Shield Defense Scrapper - 4:36 (Average 4:50ish) - Survival Amplifier used

Looks like kinetic melee has a really good synergy with shield. You can hit power siphon and spam your t1,t2,t3 attacks on a boss to stack it.. and in the meantime, you'll be surrounded by trash mobs to saturate AAO. Hit Concentrated Strike (w/ ATO2) and you're ready to put out some serious AoE damage. 

ST damage feels pretty slow since the set isn't great with procs and I was mostly using t1,t2,t3. You could probably get better ST dps by including a snipe and proc'd Focused Burst.

Yeah, I noticed the set didn't respond to being procced out well. But the KM/SD synergy is legit. I had a KM/SD years ago and enjoyed it. Your results aren't surprising. But Focused Burst has such a long ani time I can't see it really contributing to ST DPS. I always had my best results 1-3, conc strike, and snipe when it's up.

• Like 1

THE PROCLESS MONSTER 

Claws/Rad Scrapper - ONLY ONE IO SET PER POWER - 5:31

So with the rumors of a procalypse on the horizon, I wanted to do some min/max testing that doesn't rely on procs. The results were... pretty sad to say the least. This was on my claws/rad scrapper that I had previously gotten a 4:07 run with (posted earlier in this thread). 

There haven't been any details about how procs will change, but for this test I made the build with the assumption that only 1 IO set would be allowed per power. This completely tanked DPS output. 

I do agree that powers like Radiation Siphon shouldn't be allowed to be mini-nukes, but that wasn't the biggest loss without procs. Lethal damage sets like claws are going to suuuuccckkk against a lot of mobs. It was taking me way longer to kill the mechs than it was with extra damage procs. There's also a big loss in not being able to proc FF from shockwave. 

Does this kind of build align closer with the IO system's intentions? Maybe. Is it more balanced & fun? Very debatable. 

EDIT: 

In hindsight, I don't think was THAT much of a loss given that i was using a LOT of procs before. I think this could be improved by utilizing hami and dsync IOs in powers where I'm getting set bonuses that aren't valuable. For example, I could slot Overwhelming Force KB>KD in Shockwave and then a few D-Syncs that would cap dmg/acc/range

Edited by Ston
  • Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Ston said:

THE PROCLESS MONSTER 

Claws/Rad Scrapper - ONLY ONE IO SET PER POWER - 5:13

So with the rumors of a procalypse on the horizon, I wanted to do some min/max testing that doesn't rely on procs. The results were... pretty sad to say the least. This was on my claws/rad scrapper that I had previously gotten a 4:07 run with (posted earlier in this thread). 

Nobody know how are when procs will be changed. 5:31 is still a very good time!

Done some tweaking to the Rad/Stone Brute and got it down to 5:33 from 6-7 minutes. I think the 'secret' might be less the new slotting and just not using Devastating Blow. Smash, Siphon, Smash is 5.8 and Atom Smasher is 6,4. It honestly feels smarter (and better) to wait out that small gap and AoE again.

Took it to the pylons and averaged 3 minutes. Which is not super great considering it has two -res procs. EM/Stone got 2:30 without -res but goes past 7 minutes for Trapdoor, and Claws/Fire 2:15-2:30 pylons with two -res but also 5-5:15 Trapdoor.

So Rad/Stone is only slightly slower than Claws/Fire despite not having Burn or Fiery Embrace, while also being much sturdier.

Regardless the endurance consumption is big. Not a problem in Trapdoor since there was time to recoup between spawns but had to use Recovery Serums for the non stop hitting pylon test.

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Brute
Primary Power Set: Radiation Melee
Secondary Power Set: Stone Armor
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Radioactive Smash -- SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury%(A), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), FrcFdb-Rechg%(5), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), TchofDth-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Rock Armor -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Stone Skin -- Rct-Def/EndRdx(A), Rct-Def(13), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(13), RctArm-ResDam(15), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(15), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(17)
Level 4: Earth's Embrace -- Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(17), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(19), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(19), Prv-Heal(21), Prv-Absorb%(40)
Level 6: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 8: Radiation Siphon -- HO:Nucle(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(21), TchofLadG-%Dam(23), PrfZng-Dam%(23), TchoftheN-%Dam(25), TchofDth-Dam%(25)
Level 10: Mud Pots -- SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg(27), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(31)
Level 12: Fusion -- AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(A), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(31), GssSynFr--Build%(31), AdjTrg-Rchg(34)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 16: Rooted -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(33), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(33), Pnc-Heal(34), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(34)
Level 18: Irradiated Ground -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(36), Erd-%Dam(36), Mlt-Acc/EndRdx(36), Obl-%Dam(37), TchofLadG-%Dam(37)
Level 20: Crystal Armor -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(A), PrfShf-End%(37), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(39), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(39), ShlWal-Def(39), PrfShf-EndMod(48)
Level 22: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 24: Evasive Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Devastating Blow -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), TchofLadG-%Dam(42), TchofDth-Dam%(42), Hct-Dam%(42)
Level 28: Minerals -- Rct-Def/EndRdx(A), Rct-Def(43), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(47), Rct-ResDam%(50)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Atom Smasher -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(43), Arm-Acc/Rchg(43), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(45), TchofLadG-%Dam(45)
Level 35: Brimstone Armor -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46), RctArm-ResDam(46), GldArm-3defTpProc(46)
Level 38: Focused Accuracy -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 41: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 44: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 47: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(47), RctArm-ResDam(48), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(48)
Level 49: Weave -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(49), ShlWal-Def(49), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(49)
Level 1: Fury
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(9)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11)
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon
Level 50: Born In Battle
Level 50: High Pain Threshold
Level 50: Invader
Level 50: Marshal
Level 22: Afterburner
------------

Back from a break and a little rusty, decided to take my last project out for a spin.

Pretty happy with the results, considering how the trapdoor test doesn't really take advantage of energy's strengths until the very end, as there's very few boss spawns.

edit: volume warning at the very end. o_o

Edited by ScarySai
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1