Trapdoor Test Results - the other half of Pylon testing?

Kanil

25 minutes ago, Gobbledegook said:

Is it? even when you can proc those single target attacks also. It is good but i wouldn't change it. It's not exactly game breaking.

Bio/Rad  work well together though. That was my first Bio Tanker combo.

That's as is at lvl .. now 34, using nothing but SOs except for the procs in IG and perfshifters in QR and Stamina. I'm sure it will be even stupider later on based on the times people are showing here.

As for game breaking... again, based on what's being shown in this thread and others, I disagree. I think procs are absolutely broken and need to be nerfed all to hell.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

As for game breaking... again, based on what's being shown in this thread and others, I disagree. I think procs are absolutely broken and need to be nerfed all to hell.

Never gonna happen.  I'm not defending proc-builds, I hate them.  I'm just acknowledging reality.

Edited by DarknessEternal

Bill's comment and the whole discussion of what's 'game breaking' is always funny to me, considering how everyone now has easy access to full purple sets, in addition glad IOs that used to cost 3x the inf cap now being affordable with a single mission clear.

Even without procs, the majority of people are operating at an endgame level the devs did not balance the game around the minute they hit 50 on every single alt. If you think changing procs will make characters less OP, it won't in the vast majority of cases, really. You can't reign this in without making negative, damaging changes to the game.

Honestly, we average what, a patch a year? Make the horrible sets and the weaker ats stronger then everything's dandy.

Edited by ScarySai
  • Thumbs Down 1

14 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

That's as is at lvl .. now 34, using nothing but SOs except for the procs in IG and perfshifters in QR and Stamina. I'm sure it will be even stupider later on based on the times people are showing here.

Procs? Hmmmmmmm. Yeah, I'd say the incarnate system is worse. That's something that shouldn't have happened. And please, spare me the raise difficulty etc piece. 

Anyway, we're stuck with it and it isn't all that bad. Also, I don't get why players feel taking on a pylon or Trapdoor in some speedy manner = OP. The game doesn't entirely play the same way. Yes, I know it's a fun metric and I am not here to poo poo on that. It's a fun idea that I may get to with some toons...maybe one day.

You will never have the game balanced around incarnates especially with a small Dev team. I don't think they should try. I don't mind the game as is and I'd rather see Dev resources go to adding content and not changing too much of what's in game already. Sure, they may need to be a slight adjustment here and there but put most of the work into new stuff.

I have no doubt, even if the Devs nerfed procs and nerfed Incarnates, there would be people complaining about something being OP. It's how some people are wired. There's nothing wrong with it and nothing wrong with expressing your opinion....kinda like I just did.

Glad to be in the City and glad all of your passionate supers are here. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I lose quite a bit of survivability in using procs. If i didn't use them then i would be chasing set bonuses and making my character much tougher and almost unkillable. Yes it would be slower going and very safe, even boring , but the inevitable will happen and i would prevail.

Procs help lower damage AT's which they need, just as set bonuses help damage AT's build some survival. If they nerf procs then they should nerf the set bonuses that damage AT's can use. Procs are available to Everyone though.

Procs on a Tanker are a good way to boost damage. Tankers are still very tough even with procs but are still quite a bit behind the best damage classes in damage. The Might of the Tanker proc might be the problem here. If i didn't have this MotT proc boosting my survival so much then i may find i couldn't use so many procs without losing too much survival. That is why i said it should be split 50/50 to resist/defence, like 3%def/3%resists or so. Why does an Electric Armor Tanker need like 14-21% more resists? maybe to slot procs.  I can understand a shield defence Tanker for example wanting more resists though, that and the DDR of shield is what makes it the top choice many times.

Slightly off topic though.

@Bill Z Bubba

Edited by Gobbledegook

Yup, nerf it all. Cut all proc damage to 25% of its current value. Change the MotT DR proc from 6.7% resist to all to 3.35% resist and 1.675% def to all, still stackable 3 times. Cut ALL set bonuses by 50%. Change all destiny powers to be the lowest value they provide for the full time. Triple the cooldown on judgement. Make ED and the GDN look on with awe. Edit: And for Satan's sake, nuke all level shifts from the entire game.

Yea, I know, none of the above will be done. Ain't gonna stop me from pointing out when something's grossly frelled. Irradiated Ground, Sent Mind Probe vs every other Sent APP, Rune of Protection, etc, etc. All things that *could* be and arguably *should* be fixed but probably won't ever be touched so we're left with "Here's your choice: Concept and suck or go with that one broken power/powerset/at over everything else because it's just that much better.

Now if you'll excuse me, there's a new fire/rad/soul tank that needs my attention. I'm gonna build me some sickly broken shit.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Yup, nerf it all. Cut all proc damage to 25% of its current value. Change the MotT DR proc from 6.7% resist to all to 3.35% resist and 1.675% def to all, still stackable 3 times. Cut ALL set bonuses by 50%. Change all destiny powers to be the lowest value they provide for the full time. Triple the cooldown on judgement. Make ED and the GDN look on with awe. Edit: And for Satan's sake, nuke all level shifts from the entire game.

Yea, I know, none of the above will be done. Ain't gonna stop me from pointing out when something's grossly frelled. Irradiated Ground, Sent Mind Probe vs every other Sent APP, Rune of Protection, etc, etc. All things that *could* be and arguably *should* be fixed but probably won't ever be touched so we're left with "Here's your choice: Concept and suck or go with that one broken power/powerset/at over everything else because it's just that much better.

Now if you'll excuse me, there's a new fire/rad/soul tank that needs my attention. I'm gonna build me some sickly broken shit.

Lol.

Fire/Rad won't be broken just lazy. 😛

Grabbed @Microcosm's EM/Rad Scrapper and 'polished' it.

I put 'polished' in quotes because my best pylon time with it was 1:50 where Micro got as low as 1:35. Not sure if I messed with something or it's just RNG.

But mid way through the Trapdoor test I got blinded even with the +perception and went nooooooooooooooope, not playing something that gets blinded and thumb twiddles until it elapses, so unfortunately not times for that.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Energy Melee
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Armor
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Energy Punch -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(5), TchofDth-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(9), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 2: Bone Smasher -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(13), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), TchofDth-Dam%(17)
Level 4: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(21), Ksm-ToHit+(46)
Level 6: Proton Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(17), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19), UnbGrd-Max HP%(19), GldArm-3defTpProc(23), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(46)
Level 8: Gamma Boost -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), PrfShf-End%(25)
Level 10: Fallout Shelter -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(21), RctRtc-ToHit(23), RechRdx-I(46)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 16: Radiation Therapy -- Mlt-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), TchoftheN-%Dam(27), Obl-%Dam(27), Arm-Dam%(29), Erd-%Dam(29), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(31)
Level 18: Whirling Hands -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33)
Level 20: Beta Decay -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 22: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 24: Evasive Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Total Focus -- SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), TchofDth-Dam%(34), GldStr-%Dam(34), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(36)
Level 28: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(36), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(37), Prv-Absorb%(37)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Energy Transfer -- HO:Nucle(A), HO:Nucle(39), Hct-Dam%(39), GldStr-%Dam(39), Mk'Bit-Dam%(40), TchofDth-Dam%(40)
Level 35: Moonbeam -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(43), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Apc-Acc/Rchg(45), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(45), CldSns-%Dam(45)
Level 38: Ground Zero -- Obl-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(40), Erd-%Dam(42), Obl-%Dam(42), TchofLadG-%Dam(42), ScrDrv-Dam%(43)
Level 41: Shadow Meld -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 44: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 47: Tough -- UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(47), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(47), UnbGrd-ResDam(47)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(49), Rct-ResDam%(49), Rct-Def(50)
Level 1: Critical Hit
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(11)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11)
Level 1: Energy Focus
Level 49: Quick Form
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 50: Portal Jockey
Level 50: Task Force Commander
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion
Level 30: Afterburner
------------

2 minutes ago, Sovera said:

I put 'polished' in quotes because my best pylon time with it was 1:50 where Micro got as low as 1:35. Not sure if I messed with something or it's just RNG.

But mid way through the Trapdoor test I got blinded even with the +perception and went nooooooooooooooope, not playing something that gets blinded and thumb twiddles until it elapses, so unfortunately not times for that.

Reveal hidden contents

Level 50 Magic Scrapper

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Energy Punch -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(5), TchofDth-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(9), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 2: Bone Smasher -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(13), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), TchofDth-Dam%(17)
Level 4: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(21), Ksm-ToHit+(46)
Level 6: Proton Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(17), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19), UnbGrd-Max HP%(19), GldArm-3defTpProc(23), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(46)
Level 12: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(21), RctRtc-ToHit(23), RechRdx-I(46)
Level 16: Radiation Therapy -- Mlt-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), TchoftheN-%Dam(27), Obl-%Dam(27), Arm-Dam%(29), Erd-%Dam(29), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(31)
Level 18: Whirling Hands -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33)
Level 26: Total Focus -- SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), TchofDth-Dam%(34), GldStr-%Dam(34), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(36)
Level 28: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(36), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(37), Prv-Absorb%(37)
Level 32: Energy Transfer -- HO:Nucle(A), HO:Nucle(39), Hct-Dam%(39), GldStr-%Dam(39), Mk'Bit-Dam%(40), TchofDth-Dam%(40)
Level 35: Moonbeam -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(43), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Apc-Acc/Rchg(45), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(45), CldSns-%Dam(45)
Level 38: Ground Zero -- Obl-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(40), Erd-%Dam(42), Obl-%Dam(42), TchofLadG-%Dam(42), ScrDrv-Dam%(43)
Level 47: Tough -- UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(47), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(47), UnbGrd-ResDam(47)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(49), Rct-ResDam%(49), Rct-Def(50)
------------

Yellow Insps are allowed.

3 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Back on topic... regarding rad melee, since RSiphon and DBlow have such ludicrous cast times, any reason not to go with just Gloom, CS, RSmash, CS, repeat for the ST chain?

Devastating Blow is still better damage/animation that everything but Gloom.  Radiation Siphon is straight garbage though, don't use it.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Sovera said:

Reveal hidden contents

Level 50 Magic Scrapper

Hero Profile:
------------

I use insps to cover blind and confuse on rad and electric armor characters, but if you don't want to rely on that you can swap assault for tactics. Provides small protection but it's often enough.

27 minutes ago, Microcosm said:

I use insps to cover blind and confuse on rad and electric armor characters, but if you don't want to rely on that you can swap assault for tactics. Provides small protection but it's often enough.

Considering the general goal of the trapdoor test, I never took issue with yellows or just waiting it out. If it wasn't a timed run I'd just pop GZ/therapy/whirling and laugh like a maniac while waiting it out.

Claws/Rad Scrapper. I did this test a few days back on an unprocbomb-ed build.

5:44

5:45

An improvement on the 7 minutes of just Spin and 7:33 adding Shockwave.

3:01 on the pylon. Improvement of about a minute from adding procced RT with its -res to the rotation.

Claws/Fire Brute is still ahead.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17

Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Claws
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Strike -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(48)
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-Max HP%(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5), GldArm-3defTpProc(11), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(11)
Level 2: Slash -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(43), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(43), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Hct-Dam%(46), AchHee-ResDeb%(46)
Level 4: Hover -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(5), Rct-Def/EndRdx(42), Rct-ResDam%(43)
Level 6: Spin -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21)
Level 8: Follow Up -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), TchofDth-Dam%(17), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(17), GssSynFr--Build%(40)
Level 10: Proton Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(13), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(19)
Level 12: Fallout Shelter -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(23), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(25)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 16: Radiation Therapy -- Mlt-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Erd-%Dam(25), TchoftheN-%Dam(27), Obl-%Dam(27), Arm-Dam%(29), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(29)
Level 18: Focus -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(31), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Apc-Acc/Rchg(31), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Apc-Dam%(33)
Level 26: Gamma Boost -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(33), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(34), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(34), Pnc-Heal(34), PrfShf-End%(36)
Level 32: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 35: Focused Accuracy -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(47), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(49)
Level 38: Ground Zero -- Obl-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Obl-%Dam(39), Erd-%Dam(39), TchofLadG-%Dam(40), ScrDrv-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 44: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(45)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(47), Rct-Def(50)
Level 49: Meltdown -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A), Clr-RunSpd(42)
Level 1: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(42)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 22: Afterburner
------------

• 4 weeks later

Fire / psi / ice dom - 8:15 on first run

Also, pylon time was 248 seconds, for 282 DPS. 

The usual restrictions were followed about sources for damage boosts. T4 intuition radial alpha and degen core interface boosted damage. Took barrier for destiny and melee core hybrid. No pets were used. A handful of runners and some bumbling when jumping down inflated the time. Trapdoor gave up quite soon. 

This run wasn't as safe as Trapdoor runs with other characters, with barrier needed at one point because hit points were approaching zero; I had forgotten to engage rune of protection, melee core hybrid, or barrier, and took some hits. 

Not sure how good this is compared to other ATs, and also for doms in particular. I've seen noticeably faster from a fire / fire / fire dom (5:35ish, IIRC), so this can't be a top tier trapdoor run by a dom. Not sure if it's "B", "C", or "D" tier, though. Or, perhaps these same powersets can be substantially quicker in somebody else's hands. Feedback is welcomed. 

• 3 weeks later

Dominator       plant / energy / ice  

T4 intuition radial, T4 degen interface, T4 melee core hybrid, T4 ageless core destiny, no judgment or lore or other pets used, no clicky accolades, boosters, or temp powers used, yellow inspirations used for trapdoor run, no other insps used.  

Pylon:   3:08, 332 DPS

Trapdoor:   7:00 even (still stumble through these runs, could be noticeably quicker in more experienced and skillful hands)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1