Best accolades to chase at lower levels?

What badge combo/accolades are worth going after at lower (pre-50/Incarnate/Godhood/Etc.) levels?

I've made it a point to go after Caregiver+Professor for the Physician/Rez Ally accolade, since it's cheap and easy and useful. What else is worth going after?

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Along with Physician, I usually go for Alchemist (Caregiver + Midnighter) for the ally heal power, and the Gladiator accolade (Duelist + Predator) for the Combat Shield power.

The Sleep Gas and Tear Gas powers you get with Scientist and Security Chief look like they could come in handy, but I never remember to use them. 

• Like 1

Are you specifically asking which day job accolades to go for?

There are 4 accolades that every toon should achieve because they bump your stats permanently. I aim for these on every toon I make and then everything after that is just a bonus.

1.  Atlas Medallion --> +5 max endurance

2.  Portal Jockey --> +5 max endurance, +5% hit points

3   Freedom Phalanx --> +10% hit points

4.  Task Force Commander --> +5% hit points

Portal Jockey and Task Force Commander would be hard to complete at a lower level, though by 35, TF Commander could be completed. Portal Jockey requires 2 arcs that are given in your 40s. Killing Fake Nemesis might be a hurdle before 40 also, which is required for Freedom Phalanx.

• Thanks 2

People level so fast (generally) and accolades either 1) take so long (day jobs) and/or 2) require higher level content to achieve certain conditions creates a situation where accolades are generally only available at end game.

I go after atlas medallion as soon as I hit level 22 (after I do my usual level 22 respec).  I go to Striga Isle and start working on the defeat badges.  I usually gain a level or 2 while hunting, so I'm around 24 when I actually get the badge. 

I like to do the TF commander task forces as I leveled up starting with Posi 1 as soon as I finish off my DFB runs around level 14.  You have to be 35 to do the last one, so I get the accolade between 35 and 40.  Usually Numina I have to start on my own, but the others are pretty common and you can just join up when you see them.

Freedom Phalanx I grab at level 40... Again, I usually gain at least 1 level if not 2 doing the fake nemesis hunts, so I'm usually level 43 when I get the badge. 

Then I immediately do the anti-matter arc needed for portal jockey before I out-level it.  At level 45 I get the Maria Jenkins as a contact and finish off the Portal Jockey defeat requirements.

Edited by Shred Monkey
  • Like 3

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

In issue 27, the very first accolade I try to get on a hero is the exploration accolade for Atlas Park, which unlocks the long rage teleporter power.  Once you have done it a couple times, you remember all the places you need to go:

- statue by the supergroup registrar;

- portal by Recluse Victory entrance; (both inside city hall),

- in front of hero corps guy by SG portal;

- somewhere inside the Vanguard foyer, just run around until it awards;

- top of City Hall by the flag

- top of Atlas's globe

- ledge on a random building in the NE quadrant

- ledge on a random building by the Steel Canyon gate

These last four will require a jump pack or similar travel power from the P2W vendor.  Now you have the Passport accolade and the Long Range Transporter power. 

Next stop is Night Ward, entered by the swirly near the tram,  to enter the haunted house immediately above the zone in point.  This gets you House Hunter and, more importantly, Midnight Club Member. 

Finally, since now you're a midnight club member, take a SG portal to Croatoa or Founder's Falls.  These will take you straight to a university  without having to wander these zones at level 1 or 2.  Enter the Midnight Club building on the right hand side facing the main building, proceed to the middle of the club (claiming badge by the vendor in the side room) and enter Cimerora by the crystal.  Entering Cimerora should immediately grant you the Entrusted with the Secret badge and the Ouroboros portal travel power.  Approach Marcus Valerius by the fountain for an exploration badge. 

Cimerora is the first day job badge I seek, Cimeroran Citizen, which is +5 to resistance across the board.  I usually log out of a new character once they get there to allow that one to mature. 

Edited by Heraclea
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

7 hours ago, Turric said:

Are you specifically asking which day job accolades to go for?

There are 4 accolades that every toon should achieve because they bump your stats permanently. I aim for these on every toon I make and then everything after that is just a bonus.

1.  Atlas Medallion --> +5 max endurance

2.  Portal Jockey --> +5 max endurance, +5% hit points

3   Freedom Phalanx --> +10% hit points

4.  Task Force Commander --> +5% hit points

Portal Jockey and Task Force Commander would be hard to complete at a lower level, though by 35, TF Commander could be completed. Portal Jockey requires 2 arcs that are given in your 40s. Killing Fake Nemesis might be a hurdle before 40 also, which is required for Freedom Phalanx.

With the ease of side switching you can have all 4 at 30 plus the above mentioned demonic. Substitute invader for TFC and High pain tolerance for FP. You'll need help for the portal jockey requirements but there are Maria teams running all the time. I personally keep an alt on my second account who holds Siege and another with Anti-Matter and the two explore badge missions. You'll need a redside alt or friend with access to the invader contact but you can get that from level 1 if you so choose (I wait until 20 so I can complete the steel canyon mayhem for the quick recharging team assemble temp). After you've gotten the pattern down for it on a few alts you can have the accolade faster than the first two kill alls of synapse. You have to wait til 30 to get Hard Luck's mission for HPT unless someone just happens to advertise for it. You really wouldn't want to do the debt farming that one requires before that anyway (level 32 is the sweet spot to clear the necessary debt with one charge of experienced).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heraclea said:

Now you have the Passport accolade and the Long Range Transporter power. 

In addition to those, log out next to a base portal to get charges for the Monitor Duty Teleporter (base teleport). Once you get the Monitor Duty and Patroller badges (Rapid Response Member accolade), you'll also get charges for the Rapid Response Portal (summonable base portal).

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Some P2W prestige powers are must-grabs for me:

• Reveal
  • Mission Transporter
  • Team Teleporter
  • Summon SG Base Portal
  • Assemble the Team

After those, I'll eventually grab the rest (along with some attack powers), but I want the fast travel options.

As far as purely "achievable", the +MaxEnd from Atlas Medallion is reasonably easy to get solo as you level (blue side). Endurance is an issue for everybody, and so even my villains go to the blue side to get this ASAP. Otherwise wait to conclude the LRSF? Sheeyeesh.

If you are playing red side content, you can get a couple of the accolades at lower levels than blue side, but my experience is that this requires both discipline (chase specific content, including Mayhem missions) and luck (team up to defeat a GM) which translates into, "not right away". If you have jumped to high level, most of the necessary badges are easier to get... some trivially so (like the debt badge).

Another Accolade I prefer to collect on the Blue side is Portal Jockey... not all ATs can collect the requisite Ironman/Ironwoman badge (1 million damage) via regular gameplay. I think I have ONE villain that collected this only by spending many hours in Recluse's Victory fighting Hero "AV"s and bunkers. If there is an irony, it is that Shrouded/Shady Badge is usually awarded to Villains through any one of another mission instances, often MUCH earlier than Heroes can stumble across it.

Similarly, Task Force Commander (Blue Side) is much more natural to get than Invader (Red Side), since Invade requires you to hit ALL of the mayhem maps. This is relatively easy to do with a lvl 50 Villain, but it does require jumping through some hoops. On the Blue side, its just running with 7 (or 6) Task Forces.

Wow, I guess I'm just the opposite re: Task Force Commander versus Invader*. I love Mayhem Missions!

You get to blow stuff up! You get a cool temp power! Progress toward the Accolade! And you get to blow stuff up!

But you don't even have to finish the missions. With VidiotMaps and Reveal pointing the way you can just grab the Explore badges and leave. (Might want to have another mish in your queue, so you can exit, select the other mission, say yes to abandoning your progress, and go see Lord Sweitzer for another. I forget if you need to let the timer expire. (Because I'm in there blowing stuff up!)

I concur with your other advice, though.

*In the Battle of the Century! 'Nuff said.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

I always do the Mayhems Or Safeguards.  Most often getting each one as I level up, sometimes I miss one and have to go back for it.

As @DoctorDitko says, Mayhems are just crazy fun. A nice "lets see what you can do" as you level up. I do tend to solo them though, because experience has taught me teams will gang-rush the bank and trigger 7 ambushes all at once and then not understand why they die (in addition to never doing any of the side missions and gaining temp powers).

Safeguards too, are a nice periodic checkup as I gradually level each character.  (I level slowly and disable XP multiple times along the way.)

Most other accolades... yea. I probably should get them. I tend not to. 

I get that I'm leaving free endurance / free HP on the floor by not chasing Atlas/Portal/TF Commander/etc.

But honestly most of them are more hassle than they're worth to me to seek specfically on their own.

Some of them will just happen organically as i'm playing.  Particularly TF Commander.  But I make no special effort to get it. It just happens on its own sooner or later. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Snarky said:

People level so fast (generally) and accolades either 1) take so long (day jobs)

I don't find it too hard to remember to park my alt in a useful Day Job spot. Basically a free bonus.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

2 hours ago, tidge said:

Similarly, Task Force Commander (Blue Side) is much more natural to get than Invader (Red Side), since Invade requires you to hit ALL of the mayhem maps. This is relatively easy to do with a lvl 50 Villain, but it does require jumping through some hoops. On the Blue side, its just running with 7 (or 6) Task Forces.

Lord Sweitzer is easy to unlock - blueside - at I believe level 30.  What you need to do is to run the Brickstown 'Who will Die?' contact (forget the name, they are not far from Serafina) with a relatively small team until you are awarded the 'Bloody Hands;' badge.  Apparently fighting the Numina clones and similar foes counts as progress towards it.  One run should be enough on a team of more than four. 

Then head to Null the Gull to evil up, and Lord Sweitzer should appear in your contacts.  He may not give you all the missions you need below level 46 - you need the Peregrine mayhem for the accolade.  But he is open to you by this plan. 

• Like 2
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

9 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

You could get the Demonic badge by lvl 25. 2 exploration, 1 history, defeat, and an accomplishment badge.

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Demonic_Badge

The wiki notes that the blueside counterpart is called Exorcised.  However, when I look it up on the wiki, the page looks a mess.  it looks like someone cut and pasted the Demonic badge info into the Exorcised instructions.  The page also states both that it is for redside only and farther down says it is for blueside only.

Can anyone clarify it, and hopefully what the actual instructions for bluesiders is?

1 hour ago, Heraclea said:

Lord Sweitzer is easy to unlock - blueside - at I believe level 30.  What you need to do is to run the Brickstown 'Who will Die?' contact (forget the name, they are not far from Serafina) with a relatively small team until you are awarded the 'Bloody Hands;' badge.  Apparently fighting the Numina clones and similar foes counts as progress towards it.  One run should be enough on a team of more than four. 

Then head to Null the Gull to evil up, and Lord Sweitzer should appear in your contacts.  He may not give you all the missions you need below level 46 - you need the Peregrine mayhem for the accolade.  But he is open to you by this plan. 

These are the hoops I mentioned.... but I think you still need to have the minimum level to get the mayhem mission in Peregrine Island. There is a difference from joining a Numina at lvl 35 and waiting for Lord Schweitzer to hand you a mission at level 45 it is a LOTTA levels.

Edited by tidge
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Techwright said:

The wiki notes that the blueside counterpart is called Exorcised.  However, when I look it up on the wiki, the page looks a mess.  it looks like someone cut and pasted the Demonic badge info into the Exorcised instructions.  The page also states both that it is for redside only and farther down says it is for blueside only.

Can anyone clarify it, and hopefully what the actual instructions for bluesiders is?

I went and looked on one of my toons with Demonic/Archmage and I don't have Exorcised....I am not sure how or where the Exorcised thing is coming from. 

But for your question, Archmage is the Hero equivalent.

1 hour ago, Techwright said:

• Each power accolade has two versions, hero and villain.
  • Vigilantes can only earn hero accolades, rogues can only earn villain accolades. However, they can work on the requirements so they'll automatically grant upon switching sides.
  • If you switch sides, you're granted the equivalent of any power accolades you have, regardless of whether you meet the normal requirements. E.g., if you have Demonic you will be granted Archmage.
  • If you switch sides, your badges may change title. E.g., if you have Demonic it will change to Exorcised.

Hero accolade / Hero accolade, villain name / Villain accolade / Villain accolade, hero name / Power

Archmage Archmage Demonic Exorcised +def, +res
Conspiracy Theorist Conspiracy Theorist Headline Stealer Yesterday's News immob
Freedom Phalanx Reserve Member Freedom Phalanx Fallen High Pain Threshold Gotten Soft +10% health
Geas of the Kind Ones Geas of the Kind Ones Force of Nature Uninsurable +rech, +rec, +acc, -def
Portal Jockey Portal Jockey Born in Battle Born in Battle +5% health, +5% end
Received the Atlas Medallion Atlas Shrugged Marshal Ex-Marshal +5% end
Task Force Commander Task Force Abandoner Invader Return Visitor +5% health
Vanguard Vanguard Megalomaniac In Therapy

+special

Edited by Placta
One more tweak...

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

1 hour ago, tidge said:

These are the hoops I mentioned.... but I think you still need to have the minimum level to get the mayhem mission in Peregrine Island. There is a difference from joining a Numina at lvl 35 and waiting for Lord Schweitzer to hand you a mission at level 45 it is a LOTTA levels.

If you have a second account, or a kind friend with the contact unlocked on a high level character, you can just cycle quickly through all the mayhem missions and grab the badges.  Even easier if the alt or kind friend has TP to yank you over to the badge.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

4 hours ago, tidge said:

2 hours ago, Heraclea said:

2 minutes ago, Grouchybeast said:

If you have a second account, or a kind friend with the contact unlocked on a high level character, you can just cycle quickly through all the mayhem missions and grab the badges.  Even easier if the alt or kind friend has TP to yank you over to the badge.

THE HOOP GAWD DEMANDS MORE HOOPS TO BE JUMPED THROUGH!

JUMP! JUMP FOR THE HOOP GAWD!

19 hours ago, Placta said:

• Each power accolade has two versions, hero and villain.
  • Vigilantes can only earn hero accolades, rogues can only earn villain accolades. However, they can work on the requirements so they'll automatically grant upon switching sides.
  • If you switch sides, you're granted the equivalent of any power accolades you have, regardless of whether you meet the normal requirements. E.g., if you have Demonic you will be granted Archmage.
  • If you switch sides, your badges may change title. E.g., if you have Demonic it will change to Exorcised.

Hero accolade / Hero accolade, villain name / Villain accolade / Villain accolade, hero name / Power

Archmage Archmage Demonic Exorcised +def, +res
Conspiracy Theorist Conspiracy Theorist Headline Stealer Yesterday's News immob
Freedom Phalanx Reserve Member Freedom Phalanx Fallen High Pain Threshold Gotten Soft +10% health
Geas of the Kind Ones Geas of the Kind Ones Force of Nature Uninsurable +rech, +rec, +acc, -def
Portal Jockey Portal Jockey Born in Battle Born in Battle +5% health, +5% end
Received the Atlas Medallion Atlas Shrugged Marshal Ex-Marshal +5% end
Task Force Commander Task Force Abandoner Invader Return Visitor +5% health
Vanguard Vanguard Megalomaniac In Therapy

+special

I am still confused about this. If Exorcised is a Rogue badge why didn't I get it when I changed to rogue alignment? I have Archmage/Demonic. 

The only oddity I can find is I only have Coldblooded and not Coldhearted. But from what I can tell you can only have one or the other.

4 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

I am still confused about this. If Exorcised is a Rogue badge why didn't I get it when I changed to rogue alignment? I have Archmage/Demonic. 

The only oddity I can find is I only have Coldblooded and not Coldhearted. But from what I can tell you can only have one or the other.

Rogues use villain names, so Demonic is correct. If you switch back to hero or vigilante, it'll change to Exorcised.

(Not sure why you'd have Coldblooded instead of Coldhearted. Unless maybe it's something that takes zoning or relogging to see the change.)

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

RE: Exorcised, et al. The badge names change back and forth depending on your alignment. It's the same badge, with the same requirements, but a different name based on whether you are a Hero/Vigilante or Villain/Rogue. It's no different than the gendered badges (Master/Mistress of the Airwaves in Grandville). And since the powers are alignment-based, as part of Going Rogue you are granted the equivalent accolade if you switch sides so you don't lose the power.

As for ones you should go for "early", since the change that you keep accolade powers when exemplaring regardless of what level you gained it at instead of the old way of "you had to have earned it at that level" I'm not picky about when I get any of them. That said, I definitely get all of the passives, listed above, and Demonic. 

I usually go for Atlas Medallion instead of Marshal (requires a badge from LRSF), but even though I like running Task Forces I'll usually go for Invader just because it takes about 20 minutes from start to finish at level 1 (including time zoning). Since I'm more used to the redside accolades (I started out on City of Villains because a friend gave me a box) I tend to run those for High Pain Threshold and Born in Battle - patrol xp cancelling debt and being able to force-spawn Ghost of Scrapyard made these so much nicer to get, but it's still annoying that the best way to get Born in Battle is to go afk overnight while a mob smacks you. At least it's not the 10 million damage taken badge like it used to be.