Just hit level 50 ?

This is my first character to reach 50. Even way back at live retail the highest level character i had was in the late 30's early 40's. I had most of my fun making characters. So what should i be doing first. I am a casual player with limited time. All my enhancements are white level 50 from my origin shop. I have around 40 million influence Maybe more. I sell everything. What advice for a new level 50 electric/electric blaster? 

• Like 4

I would recommend you get some more cash money so you can get some IO enhancement sets. If you don't want to play the market game, I would convert all your reward merits to enhancement converters and then list those for somewhere btw 70-75K. You can also pick up 120 merits for every Hami raid you join so I'd join a few of those.

The Dark Astoria story arcs are fun. I'd run those.

If you haven't run Market Crash, do that and you'll get a purple recipe.

Pick up the 4 passive accolades if you haven't yet.

Edited by dtjunkie
  • Like 2

I'd say what I did with my first 50 (also an elec/elec blaster!) but... that was back in i3 and not as helpful now. (Answer: Went from zero to 1.1 million debt in a single hami raid. :)  )

• Haha 4

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

IO sets for sure. 

I would first decide if you plan to mostly do lvl 50 content, or if you plan on doing a lot of flashbacks / exemplaring. 

• if mostly lvl 50 content, then you want to buy Crafted IO Set pieces that you can Boost. 
  • If mostly flashbacks / taskforces / exemplaring, then my recommendation would be to get Attuned IO sets. Buy them as already attuned, right off the auction house.

IO sets can be expensive. 40 million might get you between 1 and 6 full sets, depending on which sets you buy. 

Good news you absolutely DO NOT have to buy them all at once.  Take your sweet time.

Also, the influence should start to flow like a mighty river at lvl 50. Lvl 50 recipes will vendor for a fair chunk of change, as will the SO's that drop. 

To earn more infl:

• you could do Converter Roulette if you were so inclined (it's good to know HOW, even if you won't want to do it yourself)
  • you can just buy Enhancement Converters with merits and sell the Converters if you want Influence on a more immediate basis. 
  • you could do AE farms, if you were so inclined. 
  • you can just join random lvl 50 groups  and enjoy the ride and at the end of each session you'll have a decent chunk of change.

Then buy more IO sets until you have the sets you want in the powers you want. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MTeague said:

Good news you absolutely DO NOT have to buy them all at once.  Take your sweet time.

Quoted for truth.

As to the rest, you can go see Mender Ramiel in Ouroboros and begin to do his story arc.  If, as this is your first time, you run into missions too challenging for soloing, don't despair.  Pause your efforts there, and jump in when someone in Ouroboros starts putting together a BAF (Behavioral Adjustment Facility) trial.  (You may want to avoid the Master of BAF stuff at first. Up to you.) Let the leader know you're new and accept any guidance.  We've got some fine leaders in that regard, and they'll see you through.  BAF is the first of the incarnate trials, with Lambda the second of them.  These will help in getting your Alpha slot unlocked in the Incarnate listings.  You'll probably want to read up on Incarnate crafting, but the good news is that incarnate supplies drop, or rather "bind", even if you're going back and helping on other things like task forces and Maria Jenkins arcs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Snarky said:

there is a mender in ouro who will soft start you onto the incarnate track.  mender Ramiel

I've only gotten a few 50s myself and always did Ramiel right away, but this latest one I noticed (because I wasn't paying attention before) that I was earning IXP, threads, unlocking the Alpha slot, and was able to craft an Alpha without having done Ramiel's arc.

So... he's just flavor then?  Or is there something he does unlock?

ETA: Nevermind.  A little more reading... it unlocks the Alpha at the end of the arc without having to earn the IXP to do it?  I guess that's good to know.  I've probably wasted some IXP in the past because I usually hit 50 on a team, earn half the slot anyway, then take a break to do Ramiel's arc.

Edited by ZemX

21 hours ago, wmtyrance said:

What advice for a new level 50 electric/electric blaster? 

First task, do Mender Ramiel's arc.  It unlocks the Alpha incarnate slot NOW so all future XP can go toward unlocking the next slots.  I always do that immediately after training to 50.  On a blaster, I would recommend you handle the arc the way I do on any 'squishy' - ask a friend to bring a tank.  If you're on Everlasting, I can bring a tank to help you out.

Regarding IO's, before you spend a single inf, pause and think.  You've played the character to 50.  What aspect of the build falls short?  What do you find annoying?  Do you run out of END?  Do you miss too often?  Do you need more recharge?  Even an inexpensive build can make a huge difference.  My personal example of this - getting my invuln tank over 370% regen bonus.  Regeneration is usually the first set bonus and a lot of the sets are cheap.  I 'frankenslotted' bits and pieces of different sets.  I'm pretty sure it cost me less than 40 million if you leave out the Numina and Regenerative Tissue uniques (which only give him 45%).

And, as multiple people have pointed out, there is no hurry on slotting IO's.  Your build worked well enough to get to 50; it's good enough to keep playing while you plan.

Focus on slotting your Alpha incarnate power.  Figure out which power you want.  A lot of blasters go for extra damage, but if you've been wheezing for the past 20 levels, maybe you want end reduction.  My advice is use IO's to fix any 'problems' and then go with the damage.  For max damage, you want Musculature, on the left side of the power tree.  You'll want to get your Alpha slot to tier 3 ASAP because that gives you a 'level shift' and effectively makes you level 51.  This will make hard content easier and/or let you turn the difficulty up a level to increase your inf gains.

Run some incarnate trials.  The servers I play on run multiple trials every single night and there are typically a few runs of the 'starter' ones - the Behavior Adjustment Facility (the BAF) and Lambda Sector.  The only requirement for those is that you are level 50.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Up to you, but 40m inf can equip a fire farmer brute even with SO.  Slow progress going, but even -1 +4 will net you at least 15 million in 30 mins after selling everything.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

19 hours ago, Techwright said:

Quoted for truth.

As to the rest, you can go see Mender Ramiel in Ouroboros and begin to do his story arc.  If, as this is your first time, you run into missions too challenging for soloing, don't despair.  Pause your efforts there, and jump in when someone in Ouroboros starts putting together a BAF (Behavioral Adjustment Facility) trial.  (You may want to avoid the Master of BAF stuff at first. Up to you.) Let the leader know you're new and accept any guidance.  We've got some fine leaders in that regard, and they'll see you through.  BAF is the first of the incarnate trials, with Lambda the second of them.  These will help in getting your Alpha slot unlocked in the Incarnate listings.  You'll probably want to read up on Incarnate crafting, but the good news is that incarnate supplies drop, or rather "bind", even if you're going back and helping on other things like task forces and Maria Jenkins arcs.

People still run BAFs? Don't think I've seen anyone call for a team for those since I came to HC. I did soooo many BAFs and Lambdas on live, as they were the only way to get incarnate stuff back then, might be fun to do them again.

To the OP, if you are wanting to get incarnate components the Dark Astoria arcs are another way to do it. You get a random component at the end of each arc with the option of taking another (you should) or some other rewards. Heather's arc can be repeated multiple times through Ouro, and can be done in under 20 minutes (well under if you know what you are doing) giving you 2 components each time.

However, if you have some friends that have just hit 50 and opened up the DA arcs it's best do Heather's in a team, if you can, that're all running the arc on that alt for the first time as when you get to the final mission it doesn't auto complete. That means you can just do that final mission again for every person that has the arc and get the 2 components each time. However that doesn't happen if you do it through ouro, you need to do all the missions each time if you are doing that, but even then it's still one of the quickest ways to get components.

Edited by CaptainLupis
  • Like 1

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

I didn't read other replies so my apologies if I repeat things.  I would go for accolades, and do MSR and Hamidon raids, and go for incarnate materials, materials both the MSR and Hamidon raids could give as drops (MSR) and rewards (Hamidon).

1 hour ago, CaptainLupis said:

People still run BAFs? Don't think I've seen anyone call for a team for those since I came to HC. I did soooo many BAFs and Lambdas on live, as they were the only way to get incarnate stuff back then, might be fun to do them again.

I suspect you're not on Excelsior.  There's BAF's most every day, and usually many.  Lambdas are reasonably frequent as well.  Other incarnate trials are less frequent, but are done.

The nice thing is that Homecoming makes transitioning between servers a fairly painless process, so if you want to run these trials, it should be a simple thing to hop over to Excelsior, though granted you'll need to verify name availability and take into consideration things like dropping the super group membership, which of course you can pick back up on a return.

8 hours ago, Techwright said:

I suspect you're not on Excelsior.  There's BAF's most every day, and usually many.  Lambdas are reasonably frequent as well.  Other incarnate trials are less frequent, but are done.

The nice thing is that Homecoming makes transitioning between servers a fairly painless process, so if you want to run these trials, it should be a simple thing to hop over to Excelsior, though granted you'll need to verify name availability and take into consideration things like dropping the super group membership, which of course you can pick back up on a return.

No, I'm on Everlasting. I'm also on UK time, which is likely a large part of the issue as things like Hami Raids and MSRs tend to be run after midnight my time, from what I have seen. So likely if the incarnate trials are being run here they will be happening then, when I am rarely on, as well.

I suspect Excelsior would be much the same time wise, but I have plenty of level 50s, so there is no issue sending one over to check it out. Cheers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wavicle said:

You should probably check Reunion, that’s where most EU (bummer dude) players are.

I have a couple of alts on reunion, but haven't played there for a long time. It seemed pretty quiet by comparison to Everlasting, even during what would be considered peak times here. Not sure if that is still the case or not.

I have a couple of alts on reunion, but haven't played there for a long time. It seemed pretty quiet by comparison to Everlasting, even during what would be considered peak times here. Not sure if that is still the case or not.

Reunion is quieter than Everlasting but for incarnate trials it's simple. Join Casual iTrial Fridays every Friday on Reunion at 7pm BST (or slightly earlier to make sure you get a spot). Typically 3-4 get run with a CoP at the end.

They don't tend to be Badger runs, but @Handmixer also runs more serious iTrial runs (some Sundays?) where they try to get us not to die in the green etc for badges (the 1st Mag trial I did ended up as a Really Hard Way / MO run).

Ditto for Hami but swap Fri for Sat. 

Edited by Carnifax
  • Like 1

Congratulations on your First 50!

I would say at this point don't rush to do anything, take your time and finish up whatever Story Arcs you may have open, then get ready for the Dark Astoria Stories. I found them to be some of my favorites in the whole game. The Alpha slot opened and begin accumulating XP the minute you leveled up to 50, so your Alpha will be open soon. Then begin updating your enhancements and reading up on the Incarnate Slots, and the powers you can choose. Probably time for a trip to Icon though...lol.

Good Hunting @wmtyrance.

Edited by Marine X

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

1 hour ago, Marine X said:

Congratulations on your First 50!

I would say at this point don't rush to do anything, take your time and finish up whatever Story Arcs you may have open, then get ready for the Dark Astoria Stories. I found them to be some of my favorites in the whole game. The Alpha slot opened and begin accumulating XP the minute you leveled up to 50, so your Alpha will be open soon. Then begin updating your enhancements and reading up on the Incarnate Slots, and the powers you can choose. Probably time for a trip to Icon though...lol.

Good Hunting @wmtyrance.

Possibly it's just a semantcis issue, but to avoid confusion to the OP, you don't gain incarnate xp straight away when you hit 50, you have to train up first.

That may be what you meant by "leveled up to 50", but I usually think of that as when you ding, rather than when you have trained to 50, so I thought it best to mention it in case the OP thinks of it that way as well.

8 hours ago, CaptainLupis said:

No, I'm on Everlasting. I'm also on UK time, which is likely a large part of the issue as things like Hami Raids and MSRs tend to be run after midnight my time, from what I have seen. So likely if the incarnate trials are being run here they will be happening then, when I am rarely on, as well.

Yep.  I'm on Everlasting and I can tell you the TF channel posts a schedule each day.  The first thing is a Hami raid at 7PM EST (which is midnight your time - other times of year it could be 11PM or 1AM).  Next on today's schedule for 7:30 to 10 is Master of Miss Liberty TF, Dilemma Diabolique - all badges, Magisterium - all badges.  Those will all get finished within an hour or 1-1/2 hours and then it will be BAF and Lambda until the Hami raid at 10.

So, clearly, you need to completely rearrange your life and sleep schedule.  That's the only reasonable solution.

• Haha 4

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

That may be what you meant by "leveled up to 50

Yup, that was the intent, I should have been clearer, sorry... I often see comments about running Mender Ramiel's arc to unlock the Alpha, which is no longer necessary, but I think it's worthwhile, a good story, and helps new Incarnates get familiar with their new toys origin.  

Edited by Marine X
  • Like 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X