Why hasn't Clamor killed Countess Crey yet?

Luminara

Clamor is Eva van Dorn.

Countess Crey is Julianne Thompson, who supposedly murdered Clarissa van Dorn.

van Dorn isn't Smith, or Brown, or Jones.  It's not going to be a common surname, not even in a fictional universe, so it's very likely that Clarissa and Eva were sisters or cousins.  Why, then, isn't Clamor clamoring for Countess Crey's head?  If she's as devoted to violence as her profile indicates, wouldn't she be frothing at the mouth when presented with a completely justifiable opportunity to unleash hell, to bring the full might of the Freakshow down on the Countess and her business?

I smell the foundation of a killer story arc, maybe even a task force, just waiting to be made.  @Piecemeal!

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

As I recall, this point was actually raised in the old days, and it was, in fact, explained as "yeah, the name is just crazy coincidence, they are unrelated".  Chalk it up to one of the original lore devs liking the name and forgetting it'd already been used, or something.

Although even if HC wanted to retcon that (heck, "retcon" might even be stretching it since as you noted, it's not like the game says so), I'd imagine someone like Clamor would've been just as eager to bring down Crey if her real sister/cousin/whatever was the one in charge anyway.  Clamor's not the sort of person who needs "justifiable" reasons.

• Like 1

Hmm...well we're looking at it in a comic book sense where a last name has impact.  In the real world, there's more than a few names unusual elsewhere in the country that in my region keep popping up.  That's because they are related...through an ancestor who first settled the region many generations back.  But now they're something like 6th or 8th cousins and don't even know the others as kin.  I suppose it could work in superhero sagas as well.

• Retired Developer

I have a planned arc for Clamor building off Buzzsaw's arc.

Let's just say that her "delicate disposition" for rational thought was totally thrown out the window when she was incarcerated, broke out, incarcerated again, turned into a chicken-legged half-monster by Pandora's Box, then used as a sleeper-bomb when she had her legs replaced during surgery. Not to mention she's actively being hunted.

In short, for the near future anyway, Clamor is feral and the Freakshow have a real problem. Dreck has no other leaders left - Bile's gone to the Freaklok, after all.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 7

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

The greater connection between Clamor and Countess Crey is that Crey Industries produce Excelsior.  This is the drug the Freakshow use (and abuse) that allows them to bolt things onto their bodies 

originally stolen from Crey. But now???   

• Thumbs Up 2

• Retired Developer

One leader 'leading' anarchists that are violence fetishists is questionable - as good as Dreck is, having three Dreck-level leaders helped maintain the hierarchy and keep the ambitious ones in their places. Now the body-mod-and-information-freedom enthusiasts are moving on to the Freaklok, those following Clamor are in a fugue state right now without their bannerwoman, leaving Dreck with disjoined Clamorites, his violence fetishists... and those who used to be loyal to Upstart all those years ago but have been indoctrinated  into current Freakshow ideology.

The Freakshow are being siphoned off by young offshoots that are showing them up by applying order to their chaos. That is unforgivable. There's only one leader left that can act. And he has to, or will appear weak.

The Freaklok's existence is seriously jimjamming their vibe, bruh. They're going to have to display a show of force to maintain their street cred.

You've been teased 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

• Retired Developer
1 hour ago, Luminara said:

If Dreck stopped thinking with his dongle, he wouldn't run into problems like this.

When you're an animal like Dreck, all dongles are a threat to your dongleocracy!

• Haha 1

This is the kind of stuff I find enormously engaging to read, yet at the same time find somewhat frustrating - I keep thinking, Shouldn't we, as players and factors in Paragon City's evolution - and the elements therein - have a chance to influence the outcome with such in-process or impending events?  I understand that, as an MMPOG, what applies for one character/group cannot apply for all, obviously, but still, I'd like to have the opportunity for a story-arc (Task-Force or the like) to be established that permits some kind of "We did it!" outcome, not terribly different from the excellent Striga Isle Task-Force.

Perhaps something like that is already in the works (Piecemeal's rather cryptic posts seem to hint at such), and this once again indicates the enormous love the community has for this game, and the world it has engendered, and makes it worth every penny we put forward on a monthly basis to keep things running.  Hoping to see more dispatches soon.

• Retired Developer
9 hours ago, Black Talon said:

This is the kind of stuff I find enormously engaging to read, yet at the same time find somewhat frustrating - I keep thinking, Shouldn't we, as players and factors in Paragon City's evolution - and the elements therein - have a chance to influence the outcome with such in-process or impending events?  I understand that, as an MMPOG, what applies for one character/group cannot apply for all, obviously, but still, I'd like to have the opportunity for a story-arc (Task-Force or the like) to be established that permits some kind of "We did it!" outcome, not terribly different from the excellent Striga Isle Task-Force.

Perhaps something like that is already in the works (Piecemeal's rather cryptic posts seem to hint at such), and this once again indicates the enormous love the community has for this game, and the world it has engendered, and makes it worth every penny we put forward on a monthly basis to keep things running.  Hoping to see more dispatches soon.

You're being told parts of the story without being told how you fit into it yet 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmperorSteele said:

To be fair, in the old Lore bible, they did mix up DeVore and VonDorn a couple times, so I think maybe the writer(s) just had a thing for that kind of name.

To be fair, the old lore bible and the later lore AMAs are effectively transitional.  There's a difference between a script and a shooting script+sides that come in to make the final movie, to mangle an analogy. 

If there's a position for Dev Lore continuity/script editor/"no, that contradicts that, what the hell were they on that day?" then I need to mail them a list of things they already probably know and will be annoyed to receive!

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

2 minutes ago, merrypessimist said:

Is it too late to say "Because the only people who have permanently died in City of Heroes since 2004 are Statesman, Sister Psyche, and Malaise?" 😝

There's one or two others! Chimera for one.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

4 minutes ago, merrypessimist said:

Is it too late to say "Because the only people who have permanently died in City of Heroes since 2004 are Statesman, Sister Psyche, and Malaise?" 😝

1 minute ago, Darmian said:

There's one or two others! Chimera for one.

Okay, fair enough.  But maybe Chimera just did a Magical Ninja Vanish (tm) in order to retreat to his otherwise inaccessible Fortress of Jerkitude (tm) in order to plot a hilariously convoluted return/revenge plot via mainlining Incarnate Juices (raspberry flavor!) in order to grow to ten times his original size and develop the ability to fire full size longbows with ONE FINGER EACH!  As you can see, I've laid out what is Really Going On (tm)!

• Haha 1

Just now, merrypessimist said:

Okay, fair enough.  But maybe Chimera just did a Magical Ninja Vanish (tm) in order to retreat to his otherwise inaccessible Fortress of Jerkitude (tm) in order to plot a hilariously convoluted return/revenge plot via mainlining Incarnate Juices (raspberry flavor!) in order to grow to ten times his original size and develop the ability to fire full size longbows with ONE FINGER EACH!  As you can see, I've laid out what is Really Going On (tm)!

HAHAHA!  Wouldn't that be great?  Apart from

Spoiler

you actually finding his dead body, and Mr. G - tricksy but not known for that sort of a trick - confirming the death.

10 minutes ago, merrypessimist said:

There are missions in which people die.  They're killed before they can be medi-ported out.  Those black, human-shaped bags you click aren't keeping pizzas warm.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

18 minutes ago, Darmian said:

HAHAHA!  Wouldn't that be great?  Apart from

Reveal hidden contents

you actually finding his dead body, and Mr. G - tricksy but not known for that sort of a trick - confirming the death.

But don't you SEE? That only proves the reach and power of the Ninja Industrial Complex (tm)!  They can use Nemesis automatons to simulate corpses to keep their higher ups alive and intimidate one of the sneakiest sods in TWO dimensions to support their plan!  The Ninjas are COMING, people must be WARNED! 

Edited by merrypessimist