Worst Build Combos

Taedae

I felt like trying to list a combo meant more I found a certain power set lacking versus it combing with something. The post showing user stats up at the top of the forum shows the least popular combos so any of those are likely what you are looking for.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

5 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I can't stand my original toon an elec/elec blaster, but maybe that's because that was back in CoH Beta and I was still learning the game.

They are making Serious changes to Elec Blast in the stuff that is coming out…..very soon.  If you want to give that beautiful combo a second go this would be the time.  

I hated my 20-something Rad/Elec Brute with a vengence. Sloooooow melee attacks and a rather boring secondary where End is a constant issue til the 30s, then it buggers off entirely. 

And this is as someone with an Ice/Traps Controller I happily played to 50. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

The post showing user stats up at the top of the forum shows the least popular combos so any of those are likely what you are looking for.

I wonder if that's still representative. There's been a few substantial changes since then.

29 minutes ago, Carnifax said:

I hated my 20-something Rad/Elec Brute with a vengence. Sloooooow melee attacks and a rather boring secondary where End is a constant issue til the 30s, then it buggers off entirely. 

And this is as someone with an Ice/Traps Controller I happily played to 50. 

I have a level 25 rad/elec brute right now, and it certainly seems to be getting more viable as I level up. The speed bump from lightning reflexes means I don't need to toggle/detoggle sprint every battle anymore, and a simple Theft of Essence in Radiation Siphon has done a lot by itself to combat endurance drain. Slow attacks don't matter to me as much when you have two damaging auras killing everything around you. Even among the dozen or so characters I'm playing I don't think my brute is the worst, as both my fire/savage dom and dp/cold corrupter manage to have both endurance issues and survival issues.

I guess this is purely subjective. Something not enjoyable for someone may be a tonne of fun for another. @SeraphimKensai's Elec/Elec Blaster is one of my faves, and I'm the total opposite of @Snarky's aversion for knockback (slotting Storm for MOAR KB). The only reason I've discontinued certain toon concepts is based on how their powers gel... which is solely based on power animations. It's like the opposite of Pistols/Martial or Pistols/Ninja when drawing your guns work well with a sweeping kick or a sudden katana strike. I suppose the biggest hindrance is putting away your weapon to use your hands for a power, hence the janky redraw.

But then that's just me. Why don't we wait for Diantane to chime in.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

18 minutes ago, Six-Six said:

I guess this is purely subjective. Something not enjoyable for someone may be a tonne of fun for another. @SeraphimKensai's Elec/Elec Blaster is one of my faves

I'm sure if I tried an elec/elec now it would be fine, that was back in the spring of 2004 when I was at the debt cap by lvl 9. Since then I've taken both elec blast and elec manipulation to 50 and IO'd both, I just haven't used both together since then.

58 minutes ago, Gwyrddu said:

I have a level 25 rad/elec brute right now, and it certainly seems to be getting more viable as I level up. The speed bump from lightning reflexes means I don't need to toggle/detoggle sprint every battle anymore, and a simple Theft of Essence in Radiation Siphon has done a lot by itself to combat endurance drain. Slow attacks don't matter to me as much when you have two damaging auras killing everything around you. Even among the dozen or so characters I'm playing I don't think my brute is the worst, as both my fire/savage dom and dp/cold corrupter manage to have both endurance issues and survival issues.

Yep, I think it was just "Well this just feels slow / clunky and my End sucks". Which is does but like you say it's constantly pinging out damage via 2 damage auras. 

I ended up finding more 'immediate' Brutes like Mace/Rad more enjoyable. 

Sonic and pain combo on sentinel. I want to like this guy but he has zero solo survival 

Correction:  Corrupter!!!!

Edited by starro

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

My character on Live was an Emp/Elec Defender. Made it here and it is kinda of pointless in the current form of the game.  

Empathy is not necessary anymore and the endurance drain is pointless. May reroll to /Elec Affinity just to keep the theme.

Thugs/Trap MM loved it on Live ... but now the way teams can steam roll through content /Traps can be challenging.

In truth you just have to find a way to make the powers work in the given situation.

/e poofgone

Over the years, there were quite a few choices that didn't work for me but I'd be very hard pressed to admit that there are combos that universally suck for absolutely everyone.

I suck at blasters/corrupters as a whole and I can't play a defender to save my life, but it's not because my Fire/fire blaster eats more concrete than inspirations that it's the case for everyone,