Don't mezz me bro. Gimme gimme.

Troo

8 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Yeah, sure. I sure as hell aren't scared to speak my mind, if that's what you mean.

I do find it a bit hypocritical of you to say that, since I have seen you fight against players who are trying to change the meta of the game. Back then, I was defending the meta of the game as well...so honestly, I don't see how yours is justified and mine is simply being combative. I guess you felt like being combative by making that statement and you just wanted to cast the first stone...congrats I guess.

Arguing for or against changes in an mmo is inherently combative. There is nothing wrong with that. It's the nature of the beast. Sometimes your suggestion is on the side of the minority and other times its the majority.

Also lets keep in mind that what players find fun has changed over the years. Time wasters in MMOs has been something that folks have been less and less interested in. Especially if they aren't fun. And yes, there ARE unfun AND fun time wasters.

Some of the stuff in FFXIV for instance is a time waster on purpose due to it being a subscription based MMO. But a lot of folks find them fun. (For example: Having to do some 4 man tf like content to progress in the overall story at certain points.)

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Market also has to deal with the player base. Since the new Page came out, the servers are seeing much more activity and thus prices are going up. While stuff is easier to get, I do wonder what the market would be like if HC had Live like numbers. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I'm doing what I can for the market! Just unloading tons of salvage and recipe at 1 inf each and letting the dice fall where they may.

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

Jesus Christ settle down you two. 

• Like 3

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

2 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

/Jumps into the fight and hits spin.

You ALL have target boxes!

I have a target tesseract.  CAN'T HIT THAT WITH THOSE KNUCKLE SPOONS!  *spatulawhack*

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

2 hours ago, golstat2003 said:

Arguing for or against changes in an mmo is inherently combative. There is nothing wrong with that. It's the nature of the beast. Sometimes your suggestion is on the side of the minority and other times its the majority.

Also lets keep in mind that what players find fun has changed over the years. Time wasters in MMOs has been something that folks have been less and less interested in. Especially if they aren't fun. And yes, there ARE unfun AND fun time wasters.

Some of the stuff in FFXIV for instance is a time waster on purpose due to it being a subscription based MMO. But a lot of folks find them fun. (For example: Having to do some 4 man tf like content to progress in the overall story at certain points.)

I respect that you put it in a logical sense. The way he/she came at me was more of an attack. Usually, if somebody comes at me logically, I simply give them a thumbs up and leave it be, because we all have our points of view. I respect yours.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

Market also has to deal with the player base. Since the new Page came out, the servers are seeing much more activity and thus prices are going up. While stuff is easier to get, I do wonder what the market would be like if HC had Live like numbers. 

Lots of prices would still be more or less hardcapped because the HC market is seeded with salvage and whatnot.  Enhancements would probably be more expensive simply because greed is part of human nature, and people will charge whatever they can get away with, ethics be damned.

2 hours ago, Black Zot said:

Lots of prices would still be more or less hardcapped because the HC market is seeded with salvage and whatnot.  Enhancements would probably be more expensive simply because greed is part of human nature, and people will charge whatever they can get away with, ethics be damned.

Common prices would be fairly stable. I've already seen and documented how even some uncommon recipes have jumped lets say 3x the cost at buy it now rates since Page 3 hit. I could slow drip one of them at 10k before Page 3. Last I checked the market had them at buy it now prices of 400k. This just being with one server going red during the weekend. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

9 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

Common prices would be fairly stable. I've already seen and documented how even some uncommon recipes have jumped lets say 3x the cost at buy it now rates since Page 3 hit. I could slow drip one of them at 10k before Page 3. Last I checked the market had them at buy it now prices of 400k. This just being with one server going red during the weekend. 

Give it a few weeks and it will stabilize. Happens every time a new issue hits. Then prices go back down. The good news is the devs can re-seed the market at will. This isn't like the live game where the main motivating factor behind what Paragon did was profit . . . and keeping their jobs.

Hi, baby player here. Got to level 7 on live with a friend when we were like, 10 years old.

really appreciate not having to crawl through a prohibitively boring XP grind so I can enjoy a super hero power fantasy in a super hero power fantasy game.

I also appreciate people enjoy playing their super hero power fantasy game at settings that multiply the difficulty by like, a gajillion. That's cool too! I'm not gonna do it, I dont think thats fun, but if somebody does thats totally valid.

I DO NOT appreciate people saying one of these two things is inherently superior and what the base game should be - because THAT is the actual dick move.

If a person thinks the game is too easy, you can turn it up on your own end.

If a person thinks its too hard, you can turn it down and/or grab 2x EXP (or you could, P2W lady seems FRESH out of xp boosters this holliday season).

What you SHOULDNT do is say, "doing things I like is really best for EVERYBODY, objectively." Because uhhh, there's like at LEAST 500 people besides who may have different opinions and want to play the game a different way.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Resident certified baby

19 hours ago, Luminara said:

KNUCKLE SPOONS!  

o h  m y  g o s h

please tell me you made that up. (if not, please point me to where this is from)

could be a new t-shirt

18 hours ago, Solarverse said:

pre i7, Hits Elude and gives the middle finger.  😄

chaining elude, phase shift, placate, hide+stealth, shoulder tap.. repeat.

Edited by Troo
  • Haha 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• 10 months later

What gets me about the people who farm up to 50 + a gazillion Vet levels, and then complain that the "leveling content" is too easy... it was designed for characters NOT jumping headfirst into the Cosmically Awesome end of the pool, right at the start.

"I exemplar my 50 to run all of the content."  Yeah, that's fine, but you're still carrying huge advantages over people who are actually at that level, who do NOT have all of the accolade powers, who do NOT have Incarnate abilities.  To them, this is a challenge, not a cakewalk.   As it should be, because those zones were set up, scaled if you will, to match the player-characters, and offer them some hurdles.  

"but that's BORING! I don't have time to level up the hard way!"

Which do you want?  Challenging, or fast?  Pick one.

• Thumbs Up 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

1 hour ago, Yaliw said:

What are forum-addicts complaining about now? Is the game too easy? Too hard?

Exactly.  This is City of Schrodinger - simultaneously too easy and too hard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

• 1 year later
On 10/20/2022 at 12:00 PM, Ironblade said:

Exactly.  This is City of Schrodinger - simultaneously too easy and too hard.

Wait, what is a 'schrodinger'? Am I going to get a bunch of naughty links if I google that?

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

58 minutes ago, Troo said:

Wait, what is a 'schrodinger'? Am I going to get a bunch of naughty links if I google that?

You'll get a lot of pictures of boxes that claim to have cats in them.

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Banjo 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

35 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

You'll get a lot of pictures of boxes that claim to have cats in them.

Potentially undead cats...😉

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior