Don't mezz me bro. Gimme gimme.

Troo

On 11/23/2021 at 2:16 PM, The_Warpact said:

Agreed or not know how to play and then gripe its too hard because they don't know how to play their toon.

@The_Warpactand @PeregrineFalcon you guys forgot that after they get PL'd to 50, and come get a build on the forums, they then beg @Yomo Kimyatato finance their build (just kidding but I wouldn't be surprised) then get lost coming on my pug mission team in Cascade Archipelago, or join my sewer trial and fail to grasp the instructions regarding getting to the center, towers, and temp weapons and swear off doing anything other than PI Council Radios ever again.

Maybe I'm ranting a bit but I feel that there's a ton of people that either won't or can't grasp all the glorious details of this game, and seeing PL begging literally every hour I'm logged in has definitely gotten old.

• Thumbs Up 1

Once it goes live though I'll just be waiting for the new threads demanding that Challenge Mode be set as the default mode for the entire game. You know it'll happen. I've already got money bet on it.

I hope not.  Part of why this game is so amazing is because it accommodates a broad variety of play styles.  I would not want to prevent people from enjoying low level and/or non-IO set play, any more than I want to prevent players from enjoying incarnate level play.

I think there is room in this game for everyone to get a bit of what they want.  The Dev's seem to understand this and I don't see them trying to shut out one style of play now, or at any time in the future.  If they intended to do that, we would already have a very different game than the one we have.

But, yes, it's possible some players will make such a request.  This would be (IMO), pretty silly.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

@The_Warpactand @PeregrineFalcon you guys forgot that after they get PL'd to 50, and come get a build on the forums, they then beg @Yomo Kimyatato finance their build (just kidding but I wouldn't be surprised) then get lost coming on my pug mission team in Cascade Archipelago, or join my sewer trial and fail to grasp the instructions regarding getting to the center, towers, and temp weapons and swear off doing anything other than PI Council Radios ever again.

Maybe I'm ranting a bit but I feel that there's a ton of people that either won't or can't grasp all the glorious details of this game, and seeing PL begging literally every hour I'm logged in has definitely gotten old.

I’ve got to tell you, since I’ve been active on HC, not one single person has begged me (specifically) for more inf than I was willing to give them.  It’s both surprising and heartwarming.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

25 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Wwwweeeeeeeellllllllllllllllll remember not too long ago there was someone on this forum griping about prices.

You can lead a horse to water...

But, honestly I remember more begging on live for inf, but, definitely not more begging for pl HC wins that one.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Just now, Yomo Kimyata said:

I’ve got to tell you, since I’ve been active on HC, not one single person has begged me (specifically) for more inf than I was willing to give them.  It’s both surprising and heartwarming.

I was being a bit facetious when I tagged you, as it's well known you get a kick back on every AH trade in the game. But that's good that you haven't been hounded by fresh lvl 50's asking for alms for the poor.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I was being a bit facetious when I tagged you, as it's well known you get a kick back on every AH trade in the game. But that's good that you haven't been hounded by fresh lvl 50's asking for alms for the poor.

I reinvest it all in Trap of the Hunter futures.

• Haha 3

Who run Bartertown?

1 minute ago, The_Warpact said:

Wwwweeeeeeeellllllllllllllllll remember not too long ago there was someone on this forum griping about prices.

But, honestly I remember more begging on live for inf, but, definitely not more begging for pl HC wins that one.

You're right about live prices, I used to have quite a few PvP builds valued around 8 billion influence a piece.

It's no surprise I PL myself a bunch of alts, so maybe I'm a bit of a hypocrite although I've played every powerset at one time or another to 50 without PLing since we upped the level cap to 50, aside of these new powersets on the test server. But given the large amounts of toons that I watch that are lvl 50, have no badges and generally don't know how to play their toons, I've literally had to make a rule that I only will PL people that I know are competent at the game.

58 minutes ago, Mezmera said:

Likely it'll be as popular as the other legacy oro content.  It'll be a tad more popular for a run or two for some to get the badge and that's about it because of the sentiment of @Cancrusher here and a lot of other people I'd venture to guess since a big draw to the game is the technical specs provided to you through the IO system which you get no access to for the "Old School" strike force.  

Maybe something like that could reward additional merits? Since it is almost assured to take more time.

A weekly 'Old School' TF to go along with the other weeklies would be great, IMO.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Oh, I never thought of that. Can I get @Yomo Kimyata to finance a build for me?

I love the Cascade Archipelago. And I even know how to get to it! 😄 

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

1 hour ago, The_Warpact said:

There does seem to be a stupid ton of people begging to be PL’d. If they would make an effort to get their own farmer PL’d they wouldn’t need to beg for a farm again. But like you said, you can lead a horse to water.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

3 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

My dearest hope is that Old School Challenge becomes popularized. That + the new higher difficulty settings might be the groovy.

What is officially the Old School Challenge? If that is using only things which drop for you, that goes back to at least the days of Diablo I, and it is called Living Off (the) Land, aka LOL before it meant something else. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

12 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

What is officially the Old School Challenge? If that is using only things which drop for you, that goes back to at least the days of Diablo I, and it is called Living Off (the) Land, aka LOL before it meant something else. 

It's the old version of the Lord Recluse Strike Force in oro reverted to what it was to start so that you have no access to IO bonuses and Incarnate powers and Statesman is now in charge.  It was a pretty tough fight before, but the hardest part of that SF was if the tech in the first mission was in the 1st tower you had to walk him all the way to Crimson.  We failed that one more if the tech got stuck than the rest of that SF so if that hasn't been "old schooled" as well then the rest is cake.  

You'll get a badge for completing it "Old School Badge" but it'll likely get not much play beyond that since it'll be hard for most to say goodbye to their builds.   

Edited by Mezmera

6 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

You are officially the first person I've ever seen/heard mention Kidney Thieves in a conversation without me having previously introduced them to the band.

They never sold out (i have no issue with artists who do.  everyone needs to eat, everyone has dreams).  They do what they want to do, when they want to do it, the way they choose.  The down side of that is, despite exposure in films, television shows and video games, they're really only known through word of mouth.  Their publisher isn't pushing their singles on radio stations, no deals worked out to get their albums mass attention, they just package the music and make it available for KT to sell on their website.

I'm grateful just to have that much.  Free's vocals and lyrics are perfectly complemented by Somers' production and instrumental work.  If it takes them eight years between releases, that's fine, because whether it's magic or reality-bending science or sheer talent or plain dumb luck that they're capable of doing what they do, I want them to keep doing it forever, not blow it all in a few years and burn out permanently.

• Like 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

3 minutes ago, arcane said:

Real super heroes face challenges. Except One Punch Man I guess, but look how bored he is.

A lot of super hero comics and movies would start with the iconic hero stopping a pair of muggers or something equally non-challenging. This would introduce the audience to the character and allow them to see how powerful he is without having to do any exposition. And it usually looked cool. Like the scene where a robber's bullet bounces off of Superman's eyeball.

But you won't feel super if the enemies just ramp up without any option or choice. One of the mistakes that a lot of D&D DM's make is always ramping up the enemies to keep them on par with the characters. So fights never get any easier. So people don't feel like they've leveled up. They don't feel more powerful at 15th level than they did at 5th because they still just barely survive every fight.

So it's best to have both challenging content and easy content. Sure I can get my friends together and we can go do a challenging 801 AE mission and have fun doing it. And sometimes we can go and beat up a bunch of council just to feel super.

TL;DR: I'm glad the challenge mode will be in the game soon and I'm glad that normal "easy mode" content will still be there as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

On 11/23/2021 at 9:26 AM, Troo said:

No risk, all reward.. it's what players want.

Why unlock anything by playing the game anymore? Incarnate content.. ha, just farm your way there.

Here have some new costume pieces, some new difficulty settings, new power sets, new content, new IO sets..

All we have to do is show up!

Thanks Homecoming.

not all players play the same

or want the  same things

Currently soloing every contact in the game on ine toon.  A brute at that.  Bothways.  Uphill in the snow

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

54 minutes ago, Black Zot said:

Not from the random small fry between them and the actual villain, they don't.

Exactly the point that I was trying to make with the D&D reference. Sure, the fight with the big bad villain at the end should be hard, but when I'm 10th level getting ambushed by a couple of highwaymen shouldn't be a challenging fight.

8 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Exactly the point that I was trying to make with the D&D reference. Sure, the fight with the big bad villain at the end should be hard, but when I'm 10th level getting ambushed by a couple of highwaymen shouldn't be a challenging fight.

Yeah, but you're speaking to a cathedral full of people who actually WANT to fight 30,000 Cranium Rats and throw poopeye towards anyone who isn't similarly afflicted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

On 11/25/2021 at 9:26 PM, roleki said:

Yeah, but you're speaking to a cathedral full of people who actually WANT to fight 30,000 Cranium Rats and throw poopeye towards anyone who isn't similarly afflicted.

is this not what Council are for? 

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 11/23/2021 at 12:26 PM, Troo said:

No risk, all reward.. it's what players want.

Why unlock anything by playing the game anymore? Incarnate content.. ha, just farm your way there.

Here have some new costume pieces, some new difficulty settings, new power sets, new content, new IO sets..

All we have to do is show up!

Thanks Homecoming.

not all players play the same

or want the  same things

Saying what I'm thinking.

• Thumbs Up 1