Don't mezz me bro. Gimme gimme.

Troo

No risk, all reward.. it's what players want.

Why unlock anything by playing the game anymore? Incarnate content.. ha, just farm your way there.

Here have some new costume pieces, some new difficulty settings, new power sets, new content, new IO sets..

All we have to do is show up!

Thanks Homecoming.

not all players play the same

or want the  same things

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Just acknowledging the 'meta' and the efforts going into supporting it.

Is it the right path? I dunno.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

41 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Then b!tching that their toon isn't OP enough...

No, worse than that.

After they get PL'd to 50, after they get the perfect Alpha-God build from the forums, then they play a little while and then come to the forums and post "This game is too easy, brah! Nerf players! Nerf softcap! Nerf IOs. Nerf whateverelseIthinkistheproblem!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 7

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

I wonder the motivation behind this post. I mean, what is the goal, exactly? Not to throw shade, but this game is very much designed as "play your way." Personally? I 3 box MM's, and run farms, or missions, hunt GMs for fun, or whatever I feel motivated to do.

If some people, new, veteran, or returning, want to go get exp boost and power farm their way to 50? If that's what they want to do then more power to them. 

If others want to do the classic feel of story/contact missions only, I say that's fine too. Maybe even do the "ironman" challenge, buying nothing whatsoever, and using only what they make or find themselves could be a rewarding challenge. Or anything in-between.

But back to my original question, what's the point of this post? People doing any activity they choose, long as they are having fun then who cares? I would be willing to bet most of the people you might be trying to reach don't even read the forums. So what if there's a meta? There's always a meta. I would say it might be better to focus on your own enjoyment and activates, than try to change the playstyle of others. Or perhaps, lead by example and inspiration, not by folding your arms in a huff.

I say life is too short, live and let live. It's a video game. If things like this keeps someone up at night, it might be time to pause and reflect.

My two cents for what it's worth.

• Like 11
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

No, worse than that.

After they get PL'd to 50, after they get the perfect Alpha-God build from the forums, then they play a little while and then come to the forums and post "This game is too easy, brah! Nerf players! Nerf softcap! Nerf IOs. Nerf whateverelseIthinkistheproblem!"

Agreed or not know how to play and then gripe its too hard because they don't know how to play their toon.

• Like 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

46 minutes ago, Neiska said:

I wonder the motivation behind this post. I mean, what is the goal, exactly? Not to throw shade, but..

maybe you missed my earlier reply.

"Just acknowledging the 'meta' and the efforts going into supporting it."

maybe you missed to original post fine print.

not all players play the same or want the same things

you @Neiska are the one bringing the 'tell people how to play', and projecting that on me.. is not cool pal. irony can be found everywhere. 

Edited by Troo
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Troo said:

maybe you missed my reply earlier.

"Just acknowledging the 'meta' and the efforts going into supporting it."

maybe you missed to original post fine print.

not all players play the same or want the same things

you are the one bringing the 'tell people how to play', and projecting that on me.. is not cool pal. maybe you didn't mean to come across that way.

Fair, but I thought it a bit sus with your disclaimer being a different font, smaller, a different color, and on the far right corner of your post, which sort of leads me to think your original post wasn't entirely sarcasm. Do we agree that it could be read either way? I mean, I kind of read your post as a "people don't want to earn things" kind of post, with that as a sort of disclaimer?

As far as "telling how to play", your post did come off as a bit of a shot at people who farm, or at least the risk vs reward.

And perhaps if you expand or clarify. What "efforts" are supporting "the meta"? What is "the meta"?  Respectfully asking for clarification.

But please don't take this as a "how dare you!" and so on. Mostly, its me scratching my head going "what?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Neiska there is a bunch of new stuff about to drop. Those are the efforts to support what players want I am referring to.

Is it slightly ambiguous, yes. There are choices and consequences.  

Edited by Troo
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah. Sarcasm doesn't come through in text form. May I recommend that, in the future, you add a smiley or a (j/k) or something to the end of your post?

• Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Not a gripe, but I see it. I've seen players quit teams because something managed to kill them(!!!). Some of the most fun I've had in the past few months was me and a friend of mine running a villain arc at +2x8. I think it was Vivacious Verandi. Halfway through the arc, another global wanted to join us and I warned them, "Hey, we're doing challenging stuff and not really worrying about XP." Fast forward, we were doing one mission that has the game throwing buttloads of Arachnos ambushes at you one after another. It probably took us 20 minutes and a handful of deaths to finally clear the map. The first friend and I were having a good time, but the third, despite lvling a couple of times, was completely demoralized, and left.

I remember when a death in-game was crippling. It snowballed into more deaths, and before you knew it, you were debt capped and it was gonna take 2-3 times as long to get that one lvl. Not saying I wanna go back to that, but mostly just wondering why players get so upset over dying a couple of times nowadays. That just means the content you were playing actually posed a decent challenge.

The ability to steamroll should be a reward for playing well IMO, but it is now the norm. I'm guilty of liking it from time to time, but it's also why I stop playing a lot of toons after they make it to 50.

Oh yeah but don't lock costume pieces behind anything I'll cry

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Double post, but I wanted to leave something positive as well. Seismic Blast and all of the proliferation seems fun and strong, if not a little wacky (stalkers). Really great work by the devs!

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

a guess?

60/40

(60 played on live) its really hard to estimate due to alt accounts and multi boxing. lots of folks brought a new person and many have simply found it.

Just a castaway, an island lost at sea, oh
Another lonely day
With no one here but me, oh
More loneliness than any man could bear
Rescue me before I fall into despair, oh

I'll send an SOS to the world
I'll send an SOS to the world
I hope that someone gets my
mezzage in a bottle...

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Troo said:

No risk, all reward.. it's what players want.

Why unlock anything by playing the game anymore? Incarnate content.. ha, just farm your way there.

Here have some new costume pieces, some new difficulty settings, new power sets, new content, new IO sets..

All we have to do is show up!

Thanks Homecoming.

not all players play the same

or want the  same things

Doesn't stand a chance at really being soft until all the long task forces (*glares at Dr. Q*) are either broken into three pieces or or can be finished by a rookie team in 45 minutes or less.

I suppose that's really my only "soft" spot: time sink factor.   I love a good fight and a hard challenge, but I've only so much time these days.  In the early days of MMOs the games dominated life.  You were there on time for long Tuesday nights of raiding or the guilds kicked you.  Now we all (hopefully) have some semblance of life outside the game, so the game must yield to that.  If that means I get rewards easier so I log off in 1 or 2 hours instead of 5 or 6, so be it. 

• Thumbs Up 1