Homecoming Up for Best Rogue Server of 2021

Apparition

19 hours ago, GraspingVileTerror said:

Cat girls are SO Virtue.

Succubi androids and bunnybois are Everlasting.

Also . . . @TheZag:  Yes.

I had a Dual Blade veterinarian on Virtue called "The Spay Blade".

<.<

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

13 hours ago, Dazl said:

211 votes, we are crushing it. Interesting poll didn’t realize some of those games were back.

Nor did I.  I'll have to check out SWG Legends.  I never knew about SWG until after whatever that was that created a furor and caused folks to break off en masse.  So I never darkened its door.  Might be interesting to see the game so many have pined for, though.

As of 10:50pm Eastern US time:

image.png.9d13bc4f3e68df50b4e647d04d795f0b.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Why? What's the gain? And do I have to give my email to do so? 

Bragging rights.  And no, no email required. Just check the box and click on 'Vote' button.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

1 hour ago, Ukase said:

Why? What's the gain? And do I have to give my email to do so? 

The gain is that in January announcements/articles/interviews will be carried on portraying Homecoming as MO staff choice winner of the award, and if we get the people's choice award as well, the exposure would be much bigger, as well as the allure for new players to arrive and try the game, more exposition -> more players -> more continuity -> more devs? -> more content -> more CoH for long time. We playing a game we thought lost, and we playing it for free, dropping a vote in a page is the less we can do.

• Like 1

Σαυτὸν ἀρίθμησον πρότερον καὶ γνῶθι σεαυτόν,

καὶ τότ᾽ ἀριθμήσεις γαῖαν ἀπειρεσίην.

While I'm glad it looks like they fixed a lot of what hurt SWG, I kind of wished KotOR Online was in a rogue state. I just couldn't do a sub back when I played it, but it was the first game where I felt like I could really get into since CoH.

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

4 minutes ago, Without_Pause said:

While I'm glad it looks like they fixed a lot of what hurt SWG, I kind of wished KotOR Online was in a rogue state. I just couldn't do a sub back when I played it, but it was the first game where I felt like I could really get into since CoH.

There is a couple but they are very secretly kept and having a chance to join is low unless you know the people in, they are VERY suable, the advantage of SWG is that it was completely abandoned, if you look at the award category, they didn't include any game that has not been abandoned, thus rogue, otherwise it would be a pirate server and then things get complicated.

• Like 1

So, ummm.... FYI.... MOP has already cast their vote and declared Homecoming the winner: 

And the MassivelyOP staff pick for the Best MMO Rogue Server of 2021 is…

CITY OF HEROES: HOMECOMING

The poll is just a "Reader's Poll," FYI.  So don't think that your vote will sway MOP (like I did).  But YAY!  We are winning in the eye of the public too! 

21 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:

So, ummm.... FYI.... MOP has already cast their vote and declared Homecoming the winner: 

And the MassivelyOP staff pick for the Best MMO Rogue Server of 2021 is…

CITY OF HEROES: HOMECOMING

The poll is just a "Reader's Poll," FYI.  So don't think that your vote will sway MOP (like I did).  But YAY!  We are winning in the eye of the public too! 

It was clarified long ago already that we won STAFF choice award, they will also select PEOPLE choice one, which is the one we aim to win as having both would do wonders for Homecoming getting exposure:
Screen-Shot-20211214144232.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Lol, “a different City of Heroes server” is at 3% with 24 votes.

• Haha 1

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

On 12/11/2021 at 12:55 PM, Apparition said:

Go.  Vote.  Beat Warhammer.

IDK, I hear Superman wants a Warhammer TV show. Not sure I wanna piss him off. :p

• Haha 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

10 hours ago, Albion said:

The gain is that in January announcements/articles/interviews will be carried on portraying Homecoming as MO staff choice winner of the award, and if we get the people's choice award as well, the exposure would be much bigger, as well as the allure for new players to arrive and try the game, more exposition -> more players -> more continuity -> more devs? -> more content -> more CoH for long time. We playing a game we thought lost, and we playing it for free, dropping a vote in a page is the less we can do.

I imagine that it would also add an ounce of "look, people like us best" in the 'negotiation' room.

• Thumbs Up 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

53 minutes ago, WanderingAries said:

I imagine that it would also add an ounce of "look, people like us best" in the 'negotiation' room.

Certainly that HC is by far the leading rogue server on stability, long term changes and population doesn't hurt when it comes the time to check if they still gonna let us rock on.

Daily update on the race for people's top nomination!
FZ4roAk.png
And yes, we already won the award that the staff at MO gives, but we are aiming to win people's choice, that will give Homecoming way more exposure come January, DO IT!
https://massivelyop.com/2021/12/11/massively-ops-2021-awards-best-mmo-rogue-server/