Immortalizing Heraclea in Cimerora

Like so many others here, I was truly saddened to hear of the passing of Steve Gustafson, better known to us here as @Heraclea.  Those of us that knew him can tell you he was a kind and decent soul with great passion for so many things in life, this game and community being among them.

From his volumes of forum posts over the years offering advice, selections of music, discussing literature and language or funny anecdotes to his role in leading teams for TFs, Hami Raids and the ever popular Tanker Tuesdays, his loss will be felt by all.  Hera was truly a rock upon which this community is built.  He will be missed. 

Like others who have had their characters immortalized in game, I cannot think of a more worthy memorial for his main character of Heraclea than inclusion into the world of City of Heroes as a permanent fixture in Cimerora.  It was one of his favorite zones in game and the ITF being one of his favorite TFs, it seems the best place for Heraclea to stand watch.

I think it would be a wonderful homage to his memory and a tribute to someone who brought so much joy and passion to so many here.  I humbly request that the Homecoming staff consider this. 

Thank you.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 4
  • Thumbs Up 38
  • Thumbs Down 3

Barely knew the guy, but his amazon-motif characters and bases seemed legendary to me.  He clearly had a love for greek/roman styled game play, and I certainly read and enjoyed many of his posts.  I'm happy to give my upvote to this suggestion.  👍

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Oh no, I didn't know he'd passed until right now.  Wonderful person every time I interacted with him, he even once translated some AE dialogue into Latin for me for an arc for some Roman NPCs.

Definitively someone who deserves memorializing here, hands down, no ifs, ands, ors.  Should probably be somewhere in Cimerora, yeah.

Edited by Clave Dark 5
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Well that was an unexpected turn. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

3 minutes ago, TerroirNoir said:

If they ever get around to having Firemullet as actual NPCs somewhere in game (I think someone proposed PDP be refit as a rock club or something) then Heraclea should be one of the band!

I was about to agree with the Cimerora notion...but...he did love Firemullet!

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

• Lead Game Master

Hey folks, I know saying something like "keep it kind" sounds like a platitude at this point, but a thread like this is really NOT the place for an argument or petty bickering. So, I hid a few posts.

That said, this sort of thing clearly has precedent, but it's ultimately up to the Devs and HC leads.

• Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

17 hours ago, Darmian said:

I was about to agree with the Cimerora notion...but...he did love Firemullet!

I thought about that as well, however considering that seemed like a lot more work for the team here and given Heraclea's origins/theme, I thought Cimerora was more fitting.  Amazon Army was always his first home.  

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 1/9/2022 at 12:22 AM, Replacement said:

Well, we found Hera's nemesis, I guess.

The reason some people may be resistant to this idea is because it was handled rather poorly back in Resurgence.

I can't go into more detail than that here, since it's still something of a controversial subject, so that's all I'll say on the matter.