Heroes are murderers

The_Warpact

2 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Oh something I missed, yes, you can argue, RP, w/e magic fairy dust that the Paragon villains are ok.

One thing you can't get passed, in the Rogue Isles they are dead. 

That is a very astute assumption. At least for the story/plot, Lord Recluse don't care if someone gets defeated/stomped, survival of the fittest and all. That's why he tolerates Warburg's Rogue Arachnos - they got pizzazz and respect. And being a villain, that is sort of the implication.

• Thumbs Up 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

23 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

War Mace? It has powers named Shatter and Jawbreaker (more likely skull crusher).

Or Battle Axe power Cleave, description is something like "You attempt to split your opponent in half with this massive attack"

edit: now that I think of it, the first Battle Axe power is literally called "Beheader"

Edited by flinlock
  • Like 1

I can shoot and shoot with my assault rifle and they don't fall down for a while so I'm gonna assume whatever I'm firing, those aren't bullets. I liked the old frankengun design because it let me pretend I had really weird ammo going on. Arrest by a thousand papercuts.

Anyway it says we arrested them. In my personal RP I pretend I have one-use police medic/holding cell teleporters to drop on them.

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.

3 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I mean, so yeah, sometimes she spent a bit of time red side for a TF or something, but usually she was blue.  And often going Full Auto on a crowd of foes. 

gun-shoot.gif

2719cc948349bf4d4fef4c5523033972e8d2161b

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

1 hour ago, flinlock said:

edit: now that I think of it, the first Battle Axe power is literally called "Beheader"

I think I have figured it out....

City of Heroes is how we see ourselves. For everyone else it's The Boys.

Edited by Erratic1
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Neiska said:

I see it as the horde vs alliance argument, both sides have their positives and negatives.

Blue side -

Positives - Law and Order, Justice, the "Moral Right"

Negatives - Corruption, Hypocrisy, Murky applications of the Rules.

Red side -

Positives - Self Empowerment, Independence, Definition of Self

Negatives - Might makes right, Lawlessness, and Criminal Capacity.

Neither side is absolutely "right" or "wrong", as I see them.

Might makes Right is a “law” and, in all actuality, the end justification of Heroes.  Someone decided who owns stuff. The govt (empowered by the rich) agreed.  The heroes enforce.  Everyone behave and no one gets hurt

This is actually why i dislike Goldside so much.  How accurate it is.  One pretentious side and one gritty side and both “honorable” and both full of crap.  

Redside, best side

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, flinlock said:

Or Battle Axe power Cleave, description is something like "You attempt to split your opponent in half with this massive attack"

Yeah Beam rifle has a power called "Disintegrate" c'mon what's that doing tickling your giblets?!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

2 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Might makes Right is a “law” and, in all actuality, the end justification of Heroes.  Someone decided who owns stuff. The govt (empowered by the rich) agreed.  The heroes enforce.  Everyone behave and no one gets hurt

Hey, hey, hey (not Fat Albert) don't be bring your politicking in here!😜

• Haha 1

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

15 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

Who designed these damn office buildings?  

There is a line in the Batman/Planetary crossover graphic novel describing Gotham City which I think applies, "...originally designed by English masons on opium...exacerbated by absinthe-fiend architects in the twenties, basically not fit for human habitation."

• Like 2

Murder is a philosophical distinction. It takes entire court systems to figure out whether you murdered that guy or used justifiable force.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

I get it, you grew up on Super Friends so the expectation is good deeds and all that.

But, its more like the Dark Knight, The Boys, and the Watchmen, nothing wrong with it really. You just have to get over it and keep moving forward. 

At least Bill Z knows what he does is brutal violent "justice", its the Wild West kind of justice that people have a hard time with.

1 minute ago, Frostbiter said:

Murder is a philosophical distinction. It takes entire court systems to figure out whether you murdered that guy or used justifiable force.

True.

My thoughts and you can interject anything in the first part really, ie; stealing, kidnapping, murder, etc.

I see a guy walking down the street doing a crime and I want to bash him over the head with a battle axe. To me that normal. It's weird to me that no one else feels that way. Heroic...? Doing whats right...? Justified? I guess it would be a matter of perspective. Would you say Roursach was a "hero", I would the courts probably not.

4 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

.blah blah blah....

So for the "heroes " out there, we'll you're not. Mass murderers the lot of you. Some of you probably knew (savages), alot of you probably don't know which shame on you, and some of you probably don't care (welcome to the dark side mofo).

Whatcha gonna do about it, villain?   Whine to Recluse that heroes have a larger kill count than you?  

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

But, its more like the Dark Knight [...]

Batman doesn't kill anyone in this story arc except for maybe his own persona at the end - the Joker breaks his own neck when they are battling. He tries to stick to his no-kill ethos even when on the brink of death - which is why the rescue from Carrie Kelly's Robin via the Bat-Tank saves the day.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

19 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

I get it, you grew up on Super Friends so the expectation is good deeds and all that.

But, its more like the Dark Knight, The Boys, and the Watchmen, nothing wrong with it really. You just have to get over it and keep moving forward. 

At least Bill Z knows what he does is brutal violent "justice", its the Wild West kind of justice that people have a hard time with.

True.

My thoughts and you can interject anything in the first part really, ie; stealing, kidnapping, murder, etc.

I see a guy walking down the street doing a crime and I want to bash him over the head with a battle axe. To me that normal. It's weird to me that no one else feels that way. Heroic...? Doing whats right...? Justified? I guess it would be a matter of perspective. Would you say Roursach was a "hero", I would the courts probably not.

Rorschach? He's a mental case, like Batman. Neither one has any business deciding justice is theirs to mete out. Both need to be locked up with the people they resemble more than the law. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Vicariously I, live while the whole world dies
You all need it too, don't lie
Why can't we just admit it?
We won't give pause until the blood is flowing
Neither the brave nor bold
The writers of stories sold
We won't give pause until the blood is flowing
I need to watch things die
From a good safe distance
Vicariously I, live while the whole world dies
You all feel the same so
Blood like rain come down
Drawn on grave and ground
Part vampire
Part warrior
Carnivore and voyeur
Stare at the transmittal
Sing to the death rattle

Literally every one of my alts powers disables any kind of emergency teleportation safety nets, even in PvP. So if I kill you your character just like a standard npc mobs' is dead and deleted from existence. That said there maybe cloning facilities somewhere, but I have no qualms about killing your clones dead one by one.

The very first attack you get as an Axe is called 'Beheader.'  That's not something that allows you the illusion that you're sending the bad guys to reform school.  That said, if you live in a city where people can teleport & kill you 18 different ways and you'd STILL rather take your chances stealing purses in broad daylight... well...

"Some men, you just can't reach.  So you get a front-loaded Build-Up-> Total Focus -> Energy Transfer that crits.  Which is the way he wants it.  Well, he gets it.  And I don't like it any more than you men."

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

As someone that has enjoyed going up high on Atlas Park buildings and kicking Hellions off the roof just to see them jump up after falling 30 stories and running off, I really don't think anyone is dying in this game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ya. Hit inferno and everything melts... except for my teammates... and somehow all those melted corpses get magically teleported away so they can be arrested. Apparently my natural origin fire blaster can determine the fate of villians (melted to the brink of death and then sent off to be arrested magically?) and heroes (somehow that same melty power does not even phase them) alike. Not to mention all those robots that explode are somehow reassembled from... from what?... scraps and air particles? Did someone tag all those parts for teleporting?

And how far down does the Zig go? Do they hold different creatures at deeper levels? Do they do unauthorized testing on the creatures down there?... what do we really know about the Zig. And what about all those rularuu in the shadow shard? Does this teleport system work in/across other dimensions?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gamingglen said:

Whatcha gonna do about it, villain?   Whine to Recluse that heroes have a larger kill count than you?  

No, I just want the heroes to take a look in the mirror and realize the lie that is their life.

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

Batman doesn't kill anyone in this story arc except for maybe his own persona at the end - the Joker breaks his own neck when they are battling. He tries to stick to his no-kill ethos even when on the brink of death - which is why the rescue from Carrie Kelly's Robin via the Bat-Tank saves the day.

Should have clarified which Batman, my bad. Definitely not that one or the Bale, Keaton, etc.

Edited by The_Warpact
Ms