Heroes are murderers

The_Warpact

27 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

One almost wonders why you play this game.

Oddly enough, I knew of CoH before anything listed above! Fair point though. But, just cause you dont  know of or follow Marvel, DC, etc…doesn’t mean you can’t know of CoH. I mean in today’s landscape it’s harder to not know of Marvel and DC but I was a kid playing this way back. And back then, Marvel/DC weren’t all that mainstream, if at all, at least in my experience.

Also I play it ‘cause it’s good, I’ve been here since ‘06, and cause I want to. Problem? 😝 jk on the snark. 

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

45 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

One almost wonders why you play this game.

I'm the same way. I don't read comics and only half heartedly watch Marvel/DC movies. I do not know who I am... I don't know why I'm here. All I know is that I must kill. 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, gamingglen said:

This is all malarky anyway.  If you really wanted to apply real world morality and physics to the game then every zone would look like Boomtown: demolished with all the AOE powers going off as well as all the missed shots. When you miss with that energy beam where does it go? And there would be no one walking the streets except those with mediport privileges. 

Just play the GAME.  'nuff said.

(hah!)

That would make the game 10x better and 30x more frustrating for team play but 5x more balanced as it would require reserved use of AoEs and an emphasis on single target.

15 hours ago, gamingglen said:

This is all malarky anyway.  If you really wanted to apply real world morality and physics to the game then every zone would look like Boomtown: demolished with all the AOE powers going off as well as all the missed shots. When you miss with that energy beam where does it go? And there would be no one walking the streets except those with mediport privileges. 

Just play the GAME.  'nuff said.

(hah!)

Well that and everyone would be dead, the civilian death toll would be staggering.

I read an article when Man of Steel came out that said over 5k people died because of the actions of the Kryptonians in Metropolis alone.

So you have to wonder what the civilian death toll with zones like Boomtown, RWZ, etc are like. Hell even a day to day on CoT sacrifices in Paragon.

Civilians must breed like rabbits...

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

All I know is that, until the authorities haul my heroes/vigilantes into court on charges, then I must not be doing anything they aren't sanctioning. If that means the villains are "legally" allowed to expire, then so be it.

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

My actual headcannon is all of the civilians are a race of God-like beings that allow us children to run free and play because Paragon City/Rogue Isles is how they keep us out of real trouble. Nothing else explains the game world.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

7 minutes ago, Frostbiter said:

My actual headcannon is all of the civilians are a race of God-like beings that allow us children to run free and play because Paragon City/Rogue Isles is how they keep us out of real trouble. Nothing else explains the game world.

Creepy lil bastard...Star Trek! 

Heroes your God like being...

70846b1d8a381424656ccd38e481f7ad.jpg

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

16 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Creepy lil bastard...Star Trek! 

Heroes your God like being...

70846b1d8a381424656ccd38e481f7ad.jpg

We should just be thankful they take the time out of running the cosmos to play along with our hostage rescues and kidnapping schemes. They could just push us all out of the way,

• Thumbs Up 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

"Heroes are murderers because everyone doesn't have access to the medical teleport system."

Flawed premise and failed attempt at... whatever, I don't know, making heroes look bad?

It presumes that all heroes are using lethal force on the villains and not attempting to subdue.

It equates "Defeat" with "Kill" without justifiable explanation.

Many heroes punch and kick or use blunt weapons and concussive force energies.  It's not all bullets and burning and irradiating enemies to the point where they can't survive.

If beating people into submission were automatically equated with death, then every professional boxing match and professional wrestling match has been a death battle.... which is not the case.  "Heroes are murderers" is a blatantly false accusation meant to provoke a reaction.  MURDERERS are murderers.  Some people who fight the villainous may indeed fall into that category, and traditionally in the comics these individuals are referred to as anti-heroes.

OP needs to stop spreading lies and propaganda against heroes. 

• Haha 4

On 1/24/2022 at 12:30 PM, The_Warpact said:

No, I just want the heroes to take a look in the mirror and realize the lie that is their life.

My Praetorian expat, who grew up surviving on the streets of what remained of Tokyo gives zero pancakes about what happens to dirtbags preying on the citizens of Paragon City, or anywhere else for that matter. As seen below, she has no issue exacting retribution for the person that couldn't defend themself, continuing on her way and letting the street sweepers clean up.

ice_cream_interrupted___by_nytrinhia_by_

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Thumbs Up 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

7 hours ago, Frostbiter said:

Awesome idea. They're Organians with infinite patience. I love this. I'm adopting it forthwith.

15 hours ago, momentarygrace said:

We're cute, like kittens! 😄 

Quit ruining my YouTube recommendations! 😛

• Haha 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG: