Heroes are murderers

The_Warpact

In another thread I had made mention of a hero jokingly shooting a fireball in a thugs bum and being ported away.

Now I know the tech exists for heroes and villains (aka us) but, what about about no names villains, emergency services, and everyone else?

So I started researching more into it, via several wiki, Fandom, etc and besides heroes/villains/Preatorians and the sick and elderly of PC, no one else is offered this tech.

This was the whole point of the Roy Cooling arc, and why the cops went "rogue" because,  it wasn't being offered to the cops or citizens. 

They wanted to send the tech to a scientist in Europe who was going to replicate the tech for everyone. 

So when you "kill" and it is killing those thugs you're street sweeping or breaking up Malta plan to steal some tech you're no better than, well me and my fellow villains. 

So for the "heroes " out there, we'll you're not. Mass murderers the lot of you. Some of you probably knew (savages), alot of you probably don't know which shame on you, and some of you probably don't care (welcome to the dark side mofo).

Reminds me of Kingdom Come (DC graphic series) with the newer generation of "heroes" being no better than the villains. At least I don't lie to myself about what I am. 😉

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Medi-Corp

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Roy_Cooling

Edited by The_Warpact
conversion lol
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

I kept thinking about this while leveling up my AR blaster recently; I mean, so yeah, sometimes she spent a bit of time red side for a TF or something, but usually she was blue.  And often going Full Auto on a crowd of foes. 

Not even Gene Autry could be "shooting the gun out of their hand" with Full Auto.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Just now, Clave Dark 5 said:

I kept thinking about this while leveling up my AR blaster recently; I mean, so yeah, sometimes she spent a bit of time red side for a TF or something, but usually she was blue.  And often going Full Auto on a crowd of foes. 

Not even Gene Autry could be "shooting the gun out of their hand" with Full Auto.

Nope you're doing a Schwarzenegger on them killer.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

I see it as the horde vs alliance argument, both sides have their positives and negatives.

Blue side -

Positives - Law and Order, Justice, the "Moral Right"

Negatives - Corruption, Hypocrisy, Murky applications of the Rules.

Red side -

Positives - Self Empowerment, Independence, Definition of Self

Negatives - Might makes right, Lawlessness, and Criminal Capacity.

Neither side is absolutely "right" or "wrong", as I see them.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Nope you're doing a Schwarzenegger on them killer.

lol u mean a T-800 move like in Terminator 2, when he crashed and disabled dozen police cars and the men hiding behind em without hurting one.......

If my memory serves right though "Villains" dont mean us player created Chars on Red Side, but any villain we patch a hospital/prison porter on their backside, the system was online before City of Villains existed.

Well how else would be the Brickstown Prison be filled... we would need a Morgue instead.

Edited by SuggestorK
  • Thumbs Up 1

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

15 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

So for the "heroes " out there, we'll you're not. Mass murderers the lot of you.

I eat babies. This information is nothing new to me. How many millions have I disemboweled on the streets, in office buildings, across the lush grass? I lost track long before Paragon City existed.

The people wanted to be gods and there's only one outcome from that greed for power.

My side won the war ages ago... evil wins because good is stupid and weak.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to continue my "Hero of the City" job.

Heh.

• Haha 5

Quite a few of my toons realized they're in a computer simulation a while ago.  Although they don't know they're being controlled by a balding* middle-aged man with no socks.

* I can't really claim to be balding anymore... just bald.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Just now, Shred Monkey said:

Quite a few of my toons realized they're in a computer simulation a while ago.  Although they don't know they're being controlled by a balding* middle-aged man with no socks.

* I can't really claim to be balding anymore... just bald.

Yeah, you start to notice that 'glitch' in the Matrix when your super-speedster beats up the guy trying to yank the purse out of the ladies hands, makes a lap around the neighborhood, then comes back around to the same guy, yanking on the same ladies purse, in the exact same spot, all over again.  😁

18 minutes ago, SuggestorK said:

Well how else would be the Brickstown Prison be filled... we would need a Morgue instead.

But. If you notice those are named villains and what happens in Breakout or a prison break?

Been inside the prison? There is no hospital. 

I've been teleported into holding cells in Circle of Thorns and Council/5th Column missions when I was defeated.  So I can reasonably argue that the criminals I arrest, without killing them, are teleported into PPD holding cells and/or medical facilities by a PPD-operated variant of the same medi-port technology.

😛

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

5 minutes ago, Luminara said:

I've been teleported into holding cells in Circle of Thorns and Council/5th Column missions when I was defeated.  So I can reasonably argue that the criminals I arrest, without killing them, are teleported into PPD holding cells and/or medical facilities by a PPD-operated variant of the same medi-port technology.

😛

Try again.

Screenshot_20220124-083156_Chrome.jpg

My whole issue is like... Paragon doesn't have bacta tanks or a Purple Ray, so even if you *do* get insta-teleported to a hospital, you still have a giant flaming arrow in your face when you get there.

Not much to do about that. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

45 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Try again.

Screenshot_20220124-083156_Chrome.jpg

There's nothing there which refutes my hypothesis.  If anything, given the numerous mentions of other teleportation systems, as well as more than one of them being "hijacked", and every character having access to their own base and zone teleportation, it strengthens the argument.

You try again.  And don't bring more weaksauce, bring meat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aurora_Girl said:

My whole issue is like... Paragon doesn't have bacta tanks or a Purple Ray, so even if you *do* get insta-teleported to a hospital, you still have a giant flaming arrow in your face when you get there.

Not much to do about that. 

Transporters on Star Trek have the capability to filter out matter with a high level of specificity.  A weapon, for example, can be left behind, or transported to a different location than the individual being transported.  No reason a flaming arrow couldn't be excluded from teleportation in Co*, given the technological sophistication displayed in the game.

24 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Transporters on Star Trek have the capability to filter out matter with a high level of specificity.  A weapon, for example, can be left behind, or transported to a different location than the individual being transported.  No reason a flaming arrow couldn't be excluded from teleportation in Co*, given the technological sophistication displayed in the game.

So the teleporters themselves are putting my enemies' intestines back into their bellies en route? Fascinating what humans have done with all that technology we helped them build. Too bad those porters can't erase the memories of my deeds from my victims' minds.

• Haha 5

40 minutes ago, Luminara said:

There's nothing there which refutes my hypothesis.  If anything, given the numerous mentions of other teleportation systems, as well as more than one of them being "hijacked", and every character having access to their own base and zone teleportation, it strengthens the argument.

You try again.  And don't bring more weaksauce, bring meat.

There are mentions for specific organizations with their own porters, and PPD uses it for mayhem events but, not day to day purse snatching.

Is this you RP that you have access to the porter system or a subconscious coping mechanism trying to condone murder?

I would say that the title of this thread is inaccurate. Villains in this game are defeated and afterwards they are arrested. What players don't see is that arrest - instead, these defeated villains disappear or fade away. Players can suspend disbelief if they want and just assume this is some sort of M.A.G.I wizardry that does that or they can assume it was an afterthought of the legacy developers that was never addressed.

Either way, the defeated enemy will either show up at the PPD or the Zig, make bail, then hire Chris Jenkins and swiftly return to their evil ways.

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Thumbs Up 3

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

You now understand my reluctance to use Claws--a powerset I only got around to using for the first time last year despite having started in Beta.

But most powersets would be fatal if used in the real world. Knockout Blow and Crushing Uppercut lift people off the ground from being punched under the chin...more likely decapitation is going to occur. War Mace? It has powers named Shatter and Jawbreaker (more likely skull crusher). Thing is we are emulating comic books and while not quite cartoon physics it is closer to that than to real world.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

You now understand my reluctance to use Claws--a powerset I only got around to using for the first time last year despite having started in Beta.

But most powersets would be fatal if used in the real world. Knockout Blow and Crushing Uppercut lift people off the ground from being punched under the chin...more likely decapitation is going to occur. War Mace? It has powers named Shatter and Jawbreaker (more likely skull crusher). Thing is we are emulating comic books and while not quite cartoon physics it is closer to that than to real world.

Players can suspend disbelief that Crushing Uppercut didn't dislocate an enemy's jaw, but the moment they see a blimp flying around Atlas Park that hasn't landed in 17 years.... 😆

• Haha 3

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

2 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76117c621d773b09a87ff1

Audie Murphy can do it. Watch those guns fly out of their hands!

DistortedEnormousEasternglasslizard-max-

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

7 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

I would say that the title of this thread is inaccurate. Villains in this game are defeated and afterwards they are arrested. What players don't see is that arrest - instead, these defeated villains disappear or fade away. Players can suspend disbelief if they want and just assume this is some sort of M.A.G.I wizardry that does that or they can assume it was an afterthought of the legacy developers that was never addressed.

Either way, the defeated enemy will either show up at the PPD or the Zig, make bail, then hire Chris Jenkins and swiftly return to their evil ways.

Is the emote for handcuffs in Actions?

In the links I provided, it says the PPD only porters villains in Mayhem events, nothing about common day street thuggery or in missions. 

Realistically how could they? You figure in an average mission there are roughly 20 villains, how many missions a day by x amount of heroes, the Zig would be overloaded by now.

In the Zig why don't you see snakes, monsters, etc? What about Croatoa? Or the RWZ, or anything else where are they at?

As much as you try the buck the odds there are ALOT, but, not all villains that get killed.

A fireball from a lvl 50 blaster vs a lvl 1 Skull, yeah he got sent to the hospital bs he got incinerated. 

Just now, The_Warpact said:

Is the emote for handcuffs in Actions?

In the links I provided, it says the PPD only porters villains in Mayhem events, nothing about common day street thuggery or in missions. 

Realistically how could they? You figure in an average mission there are roughly 20 villains, how many missions a day by x amount of heroes, the Zig would be overloaded by now.

In the Zig why don't you see snakes, monsters, etc? What about Croatoa? Or the RWZ, or anything else where are they at?

As much as you try the buck the odds there are ALOT, but, not all villains that get killed.

A fireball from a lvl 50 blaster vs a lvl 1 Skull, yeah he got sent to the hospital bs he got incinerated. 

My assumption (because we have no evidence to support or contradict it) is that in normal zones, there are medi-beacons that provide transport for ALL defeated entities (heroes/villains, etc), like the one in Skyway [https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Healing_Node_Badge]. As for hazard or trial zones, I think they have their own hospital sites for players, but nothing would stop the use of those same medical facilities on defeated enemies (Hippocratic oath and all).

• Thumbs Up 2

Pocket D Zone Tour