Time armor

Greycat

Yep. I want time armor.

Ideally part of the defense (such as it is) comes from slows, and slow resists, has a decent heal, etc.

But I mostly want it so I can roll a spines/time and name it Auld Lang Spines.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

If you're manipulating time, I could see slow resists, regen and recovery buffs (your body experiences time faster, thus recovering faster), recharge buffs, and positional defenses (knowing when an attack will come, thus dodging it)

• Thumbs Up 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Mmm, I think this is just too nebulous.

How is this not just Super Reflexes but with a heal (*Ninjutsu blushes*)?

I want to even say that Ninjutsu has a principles of manipulation of perception of time in its concept.

Unless you create some sort of gimmick to emphasize "time" or create a visual that does, this can be emulated by a lot of other sets and power combos.

"Temporal Armor" would, IMO, involve either reverting your body to a healthier state, (heals, regen), placing yourself out of sync with the current timeline/reality, (something akin to phase shift or represented with defense or damage resist), or perhaps speeding up yourself (super reflexes) or slowing your enemies, (think ice armor).

Edited by biostem

Hmmm... trying to find a way to do this that is not Super Reflexes or Willpower and makes sense... I'd also envision this as a balanced four layer defense (Def/Res/Reg/CC) as opposed to most armor sets which have one major and one minor layer with a sprinkling of regen and maybe a dash of CC.

T1 - Predictive Instinct (Auto - +Def)
T2 - Borrowed Time (Auto - +Regen/+Recovery)

T3 - Between Seconds (Toggle - +Def/Stealth)

T4 - Time Dilation (Click - Enemy -Spd/-Rech/-Reg/-Rec)

T5 - Temporal Displacement (Toggle - +Res)

T6 - Red Shift (Auto - +Res/+Spd/+Rech)

T7 - Blue Shift (Auto - Enemy -Res/-Spd/-Rech)

T8 - Forewarned (Toggle - +Res)

T9 - Event Horizon (Click - AoE Hold/-ToHit/-Dmg/-Rech)

Edited by Zepp

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

7 hours ago, Zepp said:

Did you mean to have Blue Shift as a toggle and forewarned as an Auto? Because there are no auto powers that are debuffs. -Res is one of those "This detoggles when you're mezzed" effects.

13 hours ago, Rudra said:

Could you flesh it out a bit? I'm curious as to how it would work.

11 hours ago, Naraka said:

*cough* Yes, it is, because:

13 hours ago, Greycat said:

But I mostly want it so I can roll a spines/time and name it Auld Lang Spines.

; )

That's 100% the justification for it. If I were doing anything more, theme-wise, yeah, it'd be dealing with slows - resisting slows, healing, even a slowing aura (to keep things (a) attacking less frequently, therefore less incoming damage, and (b) to keep them from leaving your AOEs.) "Quirk"-wise, for the heck of it, I'd probably have the healing provide an AOE heal-over-time if you have the aura. (Perhaps useful on teams, also useful for NPCs you have to keep alive.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

1 hour ago, Major_Decoy said:

Did you mean to have Blue Shift as a toggle and forewarned as an Auto? Because there are no auto powers that are debuffs. -Res is one of those "This detoggles when you're mezzed" effects.

I was just throwing out a couple ideas. I was thinking Blue Shift would ass a chance for said effects to attacks (rather than an aura). But, again, it is just the skeleton of an idea (trying to help the OP put meat on the idea without usurping it).

4 minutes ago, Zepp said:

I was just throwing out a couple ideas. I was thinking Blue Shift would ass a chance for said effects to attacks (rather than an aura). But, again, it is just the skeleton of an idea (trying to help the OP put meat on the idea without usurping it).

And I'm mostly just throwing out an idea in part to be a smartalec 🙂  Though having people discuss what it could be? Talk on!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tyrannical said:

@BrandX had a nicely drawn up concept for Time Armor with all the numbers which you can find here!

That sounds somewhat reasonable (although I am not too fond of Temporal Phase... move the rez to T9 and get some Sm/Le/Neg/Fire Resistance in there... way too many resistance holes.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Zepp said:

Hmmm... trying to find a way to do this that is not Super Reflexes or Willpower and makes sense... I'd also envision this as a balanced four layer defense (Def/Res/Reg/CC) as opposed to most armor sets which have one major and one minor layer with a sprinkling of regen and maybe a dash of CC.

Isn't that just Bio armor?

Maybe I'm just cynical but at this point, I don't really think there are many options for different effect combinations left...so it's easier to differentiate sets by *how* they obtain their effects rather than what effects of the limited amount present and usable that could be smashed together.  The most simplistic start would be "set and forget" vs "clicked-madness" and variations between them. The set you outlined is basically set and forget although possibly having an armor set that leans on the Tier 9 is slightly different. Still needs something to make its gameplay differ from your other standard set and forget sets.

11 hours ago, biostem said:

"Temporal Armor" would, IMO, involve either reverting your body to a healthier state, (heals, regen), placing yourself out of sync with the current timeline/reality, (something akin to phase shift or represented with defense or damage resist), or perhaps speeding up yourself (super reflexes) or slowing your enemies, (think ice armor).

Phase Shift, despite its critics, could be a unique feature.  Like, the set's mechanic being you have to "store up time" to fuel its heals and regen and you do that by hopping out of sync with reality and being attacked while phased (the attack doing nothing to you except giving you a stack of time with a max stack of 5). Your toggle that you hop in and out of phase would have a short recharge and a max toggle duration (like 8sec). But each stack of time could give heal-over-time and +regen for several seconds.

Making the set heal-based with a focus on HoT with some regen and resists (your def would be your ability to phase) with the unique means of gaining that healing is how I'd try to make the set unique.  You can even add in some ability to apply slow and immobilize.

Was chatting in base with a friend on this idea today - IIRC, there's not an absorb/defenses set (the other absorb armors are resist or hybrid res/def), and it could totally fit, thematically. 

Defenses from your ability to foresee and dodge attacks, and absorb for your limited ability to rewind time to negate those attacks you couldn't entirely avoid the first time.  With that in mind, the set might not have a lot (if any) resistance or regeneration, freeing up space for -rech & -damage on enemies (PBAoE aura, Ravages of Time), and +rech & slow resist with the status protection.

As far as play, it'd be not as defensive as an SR (expecting to take a few hits), so knowledge of timing for allowing your absorb shield to recharge, as well as built-in slows for ducking in and out of combat could give this a more unique playstyle.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Zepp said:

That sounds somewhat reasonable (although I am not too fond of Temporal Phase... move the rez to T9 and get some Sm/Le/Neg/Fire Resistance in there... way too many resistance holes.

Temporal Phase was to give us something different in terms of tier 9s and it feels like it goes with the theme. 🙂  So does having a rez.  Also gives Defense, -To-Hit and -Damage, and -Damage is basically Resist to all damage 🙂

23 hours ago, Naraka said:

How is this not just Super Reflexes but with a heal (*Ninjutsu blushes*)?

I want to even say that Ninjutsu has a principles of manipulation of perception of time in its concept.

Unless you create some sort of gimmick to emphasize "time" or create a visual that does, this can be emulated by a lot of other sets and power combos.

Tried to make my go at the set more than SR with a Heal and I wanted that Chronal Shift animation in the set 🙂

54 minutes ago, BrandX said:

Temporal Phase was to give us something different in terms of tier 9s and it feels like it goes with the theme. 🙂  So does having a rez.  Also gives Defense, -To-Hit and -Damage, and -Damage is basically Resist to all damage 🙂

I can see what you are saying, but:

• Your proposed power is essentially the same as Icy Bastion / Geode, thus not that different.
  • Rez is usually a T9, in non-regen-centric sets, so this set essentially has two T9s.

In terms of the resistance holes:

• Sets with resistance tend to have high and low resistance with occasionally one complete hole
  • Having some resist buffers the times when Defense breaks down (if you've played Def builds you know how that can happen)
  • I am not sure what the justification is for having these specific Res holes...

Trying to merge the two ideas:

T1 - Passive Def v Passive Res
T2 - Passive Reg/Rec v Click Heal

T3 - Toggle Def/Stealth v Toggle Debuff Aura

T4 - Click Debuff v Toggle Buff

T5 - Toggle Res v Toggle Def

T6 - Passive Res+Buff v Toggle Def/Stealth

T7 - Passive Debuff on attack v Toggle Res / Buff

T8 - Toggle Res v Click Rez

T9 - Click Debuff v Toggle cocoon

My proposal Passive x4, Toggle x 3, Click x2 - Def x2, Res x3, Reg x1, Debuff/CC, x3

@BrandX proposal Passive x1, Toggle x6, Click x2 - Def x2, Res x2, Reg x3, Debuff/CC x1

Idea to merge:

T1 - Precognition - Passive Def  / Res (-Def) - I chose defense here as the concept is tiered rather than Res-centric
T2 - Temporal Healing  (Port from Temporal Manipulation) - Click Absorb / Rec / Res (Slow / -Regen) - It is a click, but gives Absorb rather than heal, giving a different feel to the set

T3 - Time's Junction (port from Time Manipulation) - Toggle Debuff Aura - it fits

T4 - Fog of Time (port from Storm Summoning Steamy Mist) - Toggle AoE Def / Res / Res (confuse) - A middle ground for the two proposed stealth powers based on an existing power

T5 - Forewarned - Passive Res - Provides a nice balance for the tiered defense

T6 - Farsight (port from Time Manipulation) - Click Def / buff - might as well port it straight, and make the set a little more active

T7 - Chronos (use Chrono Shift Animation) - Toggle Res / Res (slow / stun / hold) / Reg / Recharge - Time Lord and Chrono Shift are both T9, and porting them directly isn't going to work. This provides a middle ground that isn't too OP

T8 - Borrowed Time (semi-port of Parasitic Aura) - Toggle Absorb / Debuff (-Dmg) - It fits the tiered defense model and provides a unique taste to the set

T9 - Rewind Time - Click Rez - Rez fits this set well

Passive x2 Toggle x4 Click x3

Def x3, Res x3, Reg x2, Debuff/CC x2

I hope that finds a reasonable middle ground that is not OP, but provides an interesting new feel for an armor set...

Spoiler

Chrono Physiology: <Passive> Energy/Cold/Toxic/Psychic Resist (+10%), Slow Resist (+20%)

-Your ability to manipulate temporal energy has altered your physiology to ignore the effects of cold and energy attacks, while making your mind more resistant to mental attacks and your body able to burn away toxins faster.

Temporal Healing: <Click - 10.4 End> +Heal (24.99%), Toxic Resist (+15%)

-You can heal your wounds by placing your body in a past or future state if not simply speeding up time in your own body.

Time's Junction: <Toggle - .26/End Sec> -Damage (-15%), -Speed (-25%), Recharge (-25%), -ToHit (-3.75%)

-You can create a time dilation field around yourself, causing enemies who get close to you to be slowed to a crawl, making their attacks weaker and easier for you to avoid them.  Enemies effected by Delay, have these effects increased.

Time Lord: <Toggle - .26/End Sec> Mez (Stun, Hold, Immobilize, Sleep, Knockback) Protection, +Regen (+25%), +Recharge (+10%), +Speed (12.5%), +Damage (+12.5%)

-You're in an Accelerated state, allowing you to heal and move faster, allowing you to hit harder.  You are in Accelerated State for purposes of other Temporal Powers that aren't your own.

Farsight: <Toggle - .26/End Sec> +Defense (+12.5%), +Perception, +ToHit (+5%)

-You perceive time in a slower state, allowing you react faster.

Temporal Cloak: <Toggle - .26/End Sec> +Defense (+3.75%), Stealth

-You can bend time around yourself to become almost invisible.  Doesn't stack with other stealth powers.

Chrono Shift: <Toggle - .26/End Sec> +Regen (+150%), +Speed (+12.5%), +Recharge (+10%), +Slow Resist (+20%), +Energy/Cold/Toxic/Psychic Resist (+15%), End Drain Resist

-You have mastered the ability to slip through time with ease, 

Rewind Time: <Click> Self Resurrection

-If you're defeated, you can rewind time to bring yourself back to your feet.

Temporal Phase: <Toggle - .65/End Sec> Self Intangible, +Regen (+500%)

-You can remove yourself from time, making you effectively invisible, giving you time to recover or even get away.  However, this is taxing and you can only maintain this state for 30 seconds.  While in this state you can't interact with others.  

12 hours ago, Zepp said:

I can see what you are saying, but:

• Your proposed power is essentially the same as Icy Bastion / Geode, thus not that different.
  • Rez is usually a T9, in non-regen-centric sets, so this set essentially has two T9s.

In terms of the resistance holes:

• Sets with resistance tend to have high and low resistance with occasionally one complete hole
  • Having some resist buffers the times when Defense breaks down (if you've played Def builds you know how that can happen)
  • I am not sure what the justification is for having these specific Res holes...

A bit wrong.  Rez's that do damage to enemies, are T9s.  Regen's rez is a T8.  Willpower's rez is T8.  Fire Armor's and Dark Armor's rez, are T9's.  The rez I put in the set does nothing more than the other T8 rez.

As for Temporal Phase, this was before Geode and not sure if it was before Icy Bastion.  However, what mine allows you to do, is move around.  Just not attack.

As for the Resistance holes I went with them for the variety and it felt in theme with the set.  Energy (Temporal Energy and Time Lord has Energy Resist).  Cold (Resist slow).  Toxic (Metabolism sped up/slowed down).  Psychic (mind in temporal phase/sped up/what have you).  It's actually mentioned why in my set write up 🙂

I even mention one could add in S/L Resist and such.  But really, when I did the write up, the idea was to make it different from other sets.  S/L Resist?  Fighting Pool is popular and Tough gives S/L Resist.

Also, the set is Positional Defense, with -Damage (which is like Resist to All) and -To-Hit (helps that Defense)...also in line with Time Manipulation.

10 hours ago, Zepp said:

Trying to merge the two ideas:

T1 - Passive Def v Passive Res
T2 - Passive Reg/Rec v Click Heal

T3 - Toggle Def/Stealth v Toggle Debuff Aura

T4 - Click Debuff v Toggle Buff

T5 - Toggle Res v Toggle Def

T6 - Passive Res+Buff v Toggle Def/Stealth

T7 - Passive Debuff on attack v Toggle Res / Buff

T8 - Toggle Res v Click Rez

T9 - Click Debuff v Toggle cocoon

My proposal Passive x4, Toggle x 3, Click x2 - Def x2, Res x3, Reg x1, Debuff/CC, x3

@BrandX proposal Passive x1, Toggle x6, Click x2 - Def x2, Res x2, Reg x3, Debuff/CC x1

Idea to merge:

T1 - Precognition - Passive Def  / Res (-Def) - I chose defense here as the concept is tiered rather than Res-centric
T2 - Temporal Healing  (Port from Temporal Manipulation) - Click Absorb / Rec / Res (Slow / -Regen) - It is a click, but gives Absorb rather than heal, giving a different feel to the set

T3 - Time's Junction (port from Time Manipulation) - Toggle Debuff Aura - it fits

T4 - Fog of Time (port from Storm Summoning Steamy Mist) - Toggle AoE Def / Res / Res (confuse) - A middle ground for the two proposed stealth powers based on an existing power

T5 - Forewarned - Passive Res - Provides a nice balance for the tiered defense

T6 - Farsight (port from Time Manipulation) - Click Def / buff - might as well port it straight, and make the set a little more active

T7 - Chronos (use Chrono Shift Animation) - Toggle Res / Res (slow / stun / hold) / Reg / Recharge - Time Lord and Chrono Shift are both T9, and porting them directly isn't going to work. This provides a middle ground that isn't too OP

T8 - Borrowed Time (semi-port of Parasitic Aura) - Toggle Absorb / Debuff (-Dmg) - It fits the tiered defense model and provides a unique taste to the set

T9 - Rewind Time - Click Rez - Rez fits this set well

Passive x2 Toggle x4 Click x3

Def x3, Res x3, Reg x2, Debuff/CC x2

I hope that finds a reasonable middle ground that is not OP, but provides an interesting new feel for an armor set...

Reveal hidden contents

Chrono Physiology: <Passive> Energy/Cold/Toxic/Psychic Resist (+10%), Slow Resist (+20%)

-Your ability to manipulate temporal energy has altered your physiology to ignore the effects of cold and energy attacks, while making your mind more resistant to mental attacks and your body able to burn away toxins faster.

Temporal Healing: <Click - 10.4 End> +Heal (24.99%), Toxic Resist (+15%)

-You can heal your wounds by placing your body in a past or future state if not simply speeding up time in your own body.

Time's Junction: <Toggle - .26/End Sec> -Damage (-15%), -Speed (-25%), Recharge (-25%), -ToHit (-3.75%)

-You can create a time dilation field around yourself, causing enemies who get close to you to be slowed to a crawl, making their attacks weaker and easier for you to avoid them.  Enemies effected by Delay, have these effects increased.

Time Lord: <Toggle - .26/End Sec> Mez (Stun, Hold, Immobilize, Sleep, Knockback) Protection, +Regen (+25%), +Recharge (+10%), +Speed (12.5%), +Damage (+12.5%)

-You're in an Accelerated state, allowing you to heal and move faster, allowing you to hit harder.  You are in Accelerated State for purposes of other Temporal Powers that aren't your own.

Farsight: <Toggle - .26/End Sec> +Defense (+12.5%), +Perception, +ToHit (+5%)

-You perceive time in a slower state, allowing you react faster.

Temporal Cloak: <Toggle - .26/End Sec> +Defense (+3.75%), Stealth

-You can bend time around yourself to become almost invisible.  Doesn't stack with other stealth powers.

Chrono Shift: <Toggle - .26/End Sec> +Regen (+150%), +Speed (+12.5%), +Recharge (+10%), +Slow Resist (+20%), +Energy/Cold/Toxic/Psychic Resist (+15%), End Drain Resist

-You have mastered the ability to slip through time with ease, 

Rewind Time: <Click> Self Resurrection

-If you're defeated, you can rewind time to bring yourself back to your feet.

Temporal Phase: <Toggle - .65/End Sec> Self Intangible, +Regen (+500%)

-You can remove yourself from time, making you effectively invisible, giving you time to recover or even get away.  However, this is taxing and you can only maintain this state for 30 seconds.  While in this state you can't interact with others.  

As I mentioned in previous post.  A rez that does nothing but rez, is T8 on Regeneration/Willpower.

Something to realize with my write up.  Temporal Healing (clickie) is just the standard Healing Flames/Reconstruction clone.

Time's Junction is just like Time Manipulation's.

Fog of Time (may be the more fun name), but I kept the stealth at the standard armor stealth power.  Not sure if yours is looking to be a big AOE Defense buff, but I feel it's best to keep it a standard stealth, that people don't feel the need to keep on all the time, if they don't care to.  Like EA's stealth 😛

Farsight, I basically ported, but switched it to a toggle.

Since I wrote it up, I like the sets that give me toggles/passives and the heal click.  So, that was all a personal choice.

You should note, that part of what makes T9's T9's, is the power of the power.  I put numbers with my write up, that looked to fit in line with other armor powers.   Note my Chrono Shift doesn't heal just regens, no recovery, and lower stats than the power gives on Corruptors.  But I did power the name and effect for when it's toggled on, in my write up.

I will say, the absorb idea over some of the healing/regen would help make it different.

Though, I believe my write up also gave Temporal Armor the best +Slow Resist of all armors.

@BrandX Like I mentioned, the regeneration-focused set rezzes are T8s. What would you think of the idea of a Rez with a massive AoE debuff (including -Spd, -Rech, -Dmg, -ToHit, & -Regen) so it wouldn't do damage, but it would be a very effective tool... in fact, possibly so effective that death and resurrection may be part of a strategy...

Also, I think Icy Bastion was originally Hibernate, so it was the same type of power before the fall...

I'm fine with it being a standard stealth, although the Steamy Mist animation could still be used... Also, a Def / Res stealth would give it a different feel.

I tried to keep it mainly inline with the passive-ish side of armor sets. Changing Farsight to a click allows it to be a little more powerful.

I like your write up, don't get me wrong, I just thought some tweaking may be in order. Also, since I did my write-up before I saw yours, I was interested in where the ideas were similar and divergent. Sometimes that helps provide a better alternative via collaboration.