I'm the Energizer Bunny or why do I keep pointless threads going, and going

The_Warpact

So in my usual way of looking at things I notice the trend of folks responding to threads which frankly we know we should pass on by but, we respond hell I'm guilty at times.

Let's go over a few examples. 

Newb War

New person/returning player asks a genuine question and it devolves into everyone becoming poo slinging 🐒's.  They are fantastic character studies. 

I Stand Alone aka I'm right and everyone else is wrong

My personal favorites you get someone who is utterly convinced that their idea/thought/suggestions/etc is the freaking gospel, they are the messiah of it and Cthulu has spoken through them. 

Everyone else in the meantime is wasting their time arguing, trying to rationalize and/or educate, speaking their mind, etc. 

Meanwhile the messiah ain't having none of that blasphemy.

She blinded me with SCIENCE or the helicopter epeen

The hard core ram it home poster that has an algorithm/math/numbers that *proves* they just discovered the holy grail and enlightenment is on the way! Unfortunately reality sets in and they are wrong and usually take it badly.

The madman or wtf did I just read

When someone posts something that makes you question reality, their sanity, or are they just a troll. These are fun lil romps of the brain, I recommend a good psychedelic before you start reading.

General Discussion trend setter or its bs the forum is flat there are no other sections!

The one I hate the most, regardless of wtf they post ie: badges, base builds, archetypes, etc. They insist that there post is relevant only to General Discussion and get pissy when it gets moved to the appropriate section. Like it's going to fall off the edge of the forum into the primordial ooze of chaos and entropy.

PVP or you're a !@#$% griefer

Nothing brings out the hate like a good ole pvp thread, holy freaking shizzballs! It doesn't matter if it was a question, suggestion, or whatever. People get their cockles in an uproar and it goes down faster than UFC 239. I really could have injected some raunchy humor but, think of the children on here "oh the horror".

Now I can go on but frankly it's getting alil long in the tooth, and yes, as you notice I didn't tag anyone in this one. While it would have been good to tag folks in sections, that they would have obviously known what I was talking about and unfortunately it could have construed that I was specifically targeting certain individuals. I post for jest only and *most* of the time their is no malicious intent in what I post, I like humor, all of it. 

So by doing this its for my amusement and hopefully yours. Because, there are instances that you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Oh and to make it all legal as a discussion <insert eyeroll> what have you noticed in the forums? Can anyone relate? Any insight? The answer besides 42?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Add 'show me evidence that would stand in a courtroom or your point is invalid' to the list.

Like everyone that has an example also has graphs and timestamps and video and under oath eye witness testimony to go with it.

Also... forty-two

Edited by TheZag
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

So in my usual way of looking at things I notice the trend of folks responding to threads which frankly we know we should pass on by

The best friend I ever had told me, "If you don't cross the line, you never know where the line is".

Embracing that is the most terrifying thing I've ever done, it took me twenty years to take the first step in finding out where the line is.  I've cast off the restraints of obedience, broken the cage of compliance.  I live by my own rules now, and if I cross a line, then I'll know where it is.

• Like 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 hour ago, The_Warpact said:

Oh and to make it all legal as a discussion <insert eyeroll> what have you noticed in the forums? Can anyone relate? Any insight? The answer besides 42?

I noticed that you missed one:

And then someone posts in the thread and politely reminds (not a threat, just a polite reminder) people that the thread has grown too quickly and gotten a certain someone's attention

🙄

• Haha 4

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

2 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

And then someone posts in the thread and politely reminds (not a threat, just a polite reminder) people that the thread has grown too quickly and gotten a certain someone's attention

🙄

There's also, "I'm not a mod, BUT".

I wonder if Modbutt is taken on Everlasting...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 hour ago, The_Warpact said:

So in my usual way of looking at things I notice the trend of folks responding to threads which frankly we know we should pass on by but, we respond hell I'm guilty at times.

I feel personally attacked, but in my case... I'm just bored, man. Forum PvP is fun.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

1 hour ago, macskull said:

Forum PvP is fun.

Forum PvP!

The Game Older Than Computers.

Play on ANY Device!

Now Online and Free 2 Play!

... ahem ... sorry, it had to be done. 🙂

The medium might change, but USENET PvP was definitely a thing.  And I'm sure whatever came before that had some PvP too.  Pretty sure authors, philosophers, random yahoos, assorted miscreants, and complete wack-jobs have engaged in Forum PvP since we first learned to put words to page.

Humans love that Forum PvP. 🤣

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

7 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

🙄

Someone's bitter lol.

7 hours ago, macskull said:

I feel personally attacked, but in my case... I'm just bored, man. Forum PvP is fun.

With your ability to dredge up info from 40 years ago and plop it in someone's face at a moments notice of course you're going to enjoy some jousting.

5 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

Forum PvP!

The Game Older Than Computers.

Play on ANY Device!

Now Online and Free 2 Play!

... ahem ... sorry, it had to be done. 🙂

The medium might change, but USENET PvP was definitely a thing.  And I'm sure whatever came before that had some PvP too.  Pretty sure authors, philosophers, random yahoos, assorted miscreants, and complete wack-jobs have engaged in Forum PvP since we first learned to put words to page.

Humans love that Forum PvP. 🤣

I'm going to say its just human nature to fvck with shit we shouldn't be fvcking with. "Oh whats the scary noise *goes to investigate *" or "look a bear *goes to get pic from 2' away*".

Nobody can just stroll on by.

3 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I think I only fit 2/3 of the OP's examples. I'll try harder in the future.

You're a young devil you have time.

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

In all seriousness, the people referenced by the OP will never see the issues within themselves.

You know for the only person in recent memory that "thumbs down" me consistently, you make alot of sense.

6 hours ago, Troo said:

so close! come on 1500

image.png.e8d5746ba6b9cfc695815247700ce61c.png

Yes! My powers must grow within the Forum Cartel!

7 hours ago, Luminara said:

The best friend I ever had told me, "If you don't cross the line, you never know where the line is".

Embracing that is the most terrifying thing I've ever done, it took me twenty years to take the first step in finding out where the line is.  I've cast off the restraints of obedience, broken the cage of compliance.  I live by my own rules now, and if I cross a line, then I'll know where it is.

You know what? Just keep being you, thats what we love about you.

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

8 hours ago, TheZag said:

Add 'show me evidence that would stand in a courtroom or your point is invalid' to the list.

Like everyone that has an example also has graphs and timestamps and video and under oath eye witness testimony to go with it.

Also... forty-two

I felt it necessary not to plop your response in the large quote block that I did.

I also felt it necessary to specifically target you because, well....April 1st. You're the only person in recent history that has got one over on me and this perturbs me to a degree. One of my rules is "assumption is the mother of all fvck ups" and I assumed I knew you to a degree by previous posts. Its a respectful hatred that I feel but, I wouldn't mind dropping the finger of god on your location.

If this was the game you would definitely be in my "rogues gallery" your good Joker to my evil Batman so to speak. 

Besides, with your above post I now classify you in the politician/lawyer category and I have a real Ron Swanson kind of outlook on that. I provide this in all the mirthfulness that I can.

• Thanks 1

I haven't read any posts in this thread, but it seemed like I should post something here.  SO.... Um... the OP was right about the first few thing, but that last thing is pretty messed up.

• Haha 3

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

41 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

I haven't read any posts in this thread, but it seemed like I should post something here.  SO.... Um... the OP was right about the first few thing, but that last thing is pretty messed up.

jest.jpg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

I felt it necessary not to plop your response in the large quote block that I did.

I also felt it necessary to specifically target you because, well....April 1st. You're the only person in recent history that has got one over on me and this perturbs me to a degree. One of my rules is "assumption is the mother of all fvck ups" and I assumed I knew you to a degree by previous posts. Its a respectful hatred that I feel but, I wouldn't mind dropping the finger of god on your location.

If this was the game you would definitely be in my "rogues gallery" your good Joker to my evil Batman so to speak. 

Besides, with your above post I now classify you in the politician/lawyer category and I have a real Ron Swanson kind of outlook on that. I provide this in all the mirthfulness that I can.

Im gonna need to see some reddit posts to substantiate these claims.

• Haha 3

woot!

image.png.cbc6adf1c074a19d9ce1784258da189e.png

its good to have goals, even silly ones.

Edited by Troo
  • Thanks 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

5 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

Someone's bitter lol.

Who me? No... not at all.

Being watched over by people who can't follow simple logic, refuse to admit that they're ever wrong, and who don't adhere to their own rules doesn't bother me at all.

giphy.webp

• Haha 3

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

34 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Who me? No... not at all.

Being watched over by people who can't follow simple logic, refuse to admit that they're ever wrong, and who don't adhere to their own rules doesn't bother me at all.

giphy.webp

My favorite was when I asked them a direct easy yes/no question about whether or not something is considered in the balance/design process that would’ve quickly resolved a very contentious forum argument, and their response was to delete the non-contentious post because it was surrounded by contentious posts. Basically telling me they’d rather have the conflict.

• Haha 1