Original CoH player here, just discovered Homecoming, have Scrapper questions...

Stormwalker

So, I played original CoH a lot.  Mostly scrappers, because I love scrappers.

Just discovered Homecoming and I'm thrilled to be back.

I have re-created three of my old scrappers so far (along with a pair of blasters):

Kitten America (Claws/SR/Super Jump) - now level 22

Impulse Drive (Kinetic/Willpower/Flight) - now level 17

Bladewhisper (Katana/Regen/Super Speed) - now level 2

And I will probably re-create my Dark/Dark as well, and I'm sure more characters will come in time.

There are a few questions I've got that I could use some help with, though, because there are a lot of things that are new since I last played City of Heroes.

1). Which secondary sets are the best choices for performance in a low-inf build until I can earn enough to build my characters out properly?  I seem to recall SR needs a lot of IO help to really achieve its potential.  I know Dark Armor has serious endurance issues until you get the IO's rolling (unless it has changed since I last played it).  I seem to recall that Regen was decent without heavy IO's, but that was a long time ago so I'm not sure my memory is reliable on that count.   I've played Invlun on a Brute, but don't have a feel for what it was like on a Scrapper.  Never tried most of the other secondaries.

2).  Best ways to make inf in the current game?  I've discovered the Merit Reward -> Enhancement Converter -> Wentworth's money train, but I'm guessing as I get to higher levels there will be better options than this.

3). Any of the newer scrapper sets that i just HAVE to try out?  I have mostly only played the original ones, (though as noted above I've played Energy Melee/Invlun and SS/Invlun on a Brute, but... Brutes are different).

4). What's this "attuned IO" business?  And also ATO's?  Those are new to me.  What do I need to know about them when building my new scrappers?

5). Any other significant changes other than the new powersets I should be aware of?

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Stormwalker said:

1). Which secondary sets are the best choices for performance in a low-inf build until I can earn enough to build my characters out properly?

Shield and Bio are both very popular because they give a damage boost. Bio in particular has basically become "The Meta" because of the damage boost and absorb and self-heal and it even comes with built in cup holders.

53 minutes ago, Stormwalker said:

2).  Best ways to make inf in the current game?

Now that's out of my purview. You'd want to ask  @Yomo Kimyata  or  @Ukase. Perhaps they'd be willing to give you some advice.

Sorry to just ping you guys, but I hate to see a newbie's questions go unanswered and I don't know the right answer to his question.

57 minutes ago, Stormwalker said:

3). Any of the newer scrapper sets that i just HAVE to try out?

Once again I'm going to say Shield and Bio.

I remember when the shield set went live. There were so many Broadsword/Shield Spartans running around Paragon City that it was ridiculous. Titan Weapons/Bio and EM/Shield are also fun favorites.

1 hour ago, Stormwalker said:

4). What's this "attuned IO" business?  And also ATO's?  Those are new to me.  What do I need to know about them when building my new scrappers?

5). Any other significant changes other than the new powersets I should be aware of?

The Guide subforum has a ton of useful info. I hate to just point you to that and not answer your questions, but there's so many good (and long) posts in that subforum that anything that I could post would only be a tiny fraction of the good information that you could get from some of those guides.

• Thumbs Up 3

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

5 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

The Guide subforum has a ton of useful info. I hate to just point you to that and not answer your questions, but there's so many good (and long) posts in that subforum that anything that I could post would only be a tiny fraction of the good information that you could get from some of those guides.

No problem there, if it's complex enough to need its own guide, it probably needs more answer than you can really give in a quick-question thread.

How are Shield and Bio on endurance?  I know the biggest problem with some sets (looking at you, Dark Armor) is that without IO's they're brutal on end.

Also, after poking around in the new Mids, I now have another question!

6). Which of the many new Pool Powers are worth investing in for a Scrapper (I'm sure it varies some depending on your main powersets, but...)?

Bio is great on endurance, or it can be anyway. It has a power that lets you choose between +dam, +end, or +def. That's one reason why it's so popular. Another is that a lot of players really enjoy having their characters look like the poo-monster that just crawled out of the sewer.

For Shield, like pretty much every other set, I highly recommend getting a Performance Shifter +End Proc to slot in Stamina and a Miracle +15% recovery to slot in Health. They're easy to get and, even if they're the only two IOs you have in your entire build, you'll really notice the difference.

As for pool powers, you already called it. It depends on what you like and what you want to do. Fighting, for Tough and Weave, has always been a popular choice. It still is.

• Thumbs Up 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

1 hour ago, Stormwalker said:

There are a few questions I've got that I could use some help with, though, because there are a lot of things that are new since I last played City of Heroes.

1). Which secondary sets are the best choices for performance in a low-inf build until I can earn enough to build my characters out properly?  I seem to recall SR needs a lot of IO help to really achieve its potential.  I know Dark Armor has serious endurance issues until you get the IO's rolling (unless it has changed since I last played it).  I seem to recall that Regen was decent without heavy IO's, but that was a long time ago so I'm not sure my memory is reliable on that count.   I've played Invlun on a Brute, but don't have a feel for what it was like on a Scrapper.  Never tried most of the other secondaries.

2).  Best ways to make inf in the current game?  I've discovered the Merit Reward -> Enhancement Converter -> Wentworth's money train, but I'm guessing as I get to higher levels there will be better options than this.

3). Any of the newer scrapper sets that i just HAVE to try out?  I have mostly only played the original ones, (though as noted above I've played Energy Melee/Invlun and SS/Invlun on a Brute, but... Brutes are different).

1. I'd consider giving radiation or bio armor a try - they both offer many tools to keep you on your feet and fighting at full force.  Bio armor may be a bit more involved, as it has offensive/defensive/efficient forms, (mutually exclusive toggles), that slightly change how the set plays - more complexity, but also more flexibility in how you play.

2. A fairly simple way, IMO, is to run some tunnel farms in Architect Entertainment, then use the tickets you get to buy some rare IO salvage then sell it on the Auction House - can usually get about 400K - 500K info for each piece.  Not huge in the long run, but definitely some "startup capital".

3. I rather like savage melee - it's less about burst damage and more about continuous fast attacks with some DoT mixed in.  Attacks grant an end cost discount and a recharge bonus, which also benefits your secondary powers.

4. Attuning an IO basically makes it more powerful and, IIRC, effectively adjusts to your level.

5. There are a few new power pools to check out and some rather significant changes or editions to existing ones, so check them all out.

• Thumbs Up 4

First of all, welcome back!  It's always great to see more people in the City!

For #4 in a nutshell:
Attuning IOs means that they change level with you as you level up and they also change level when you exemp down if you're on a lower-level player's team, which means you get to keep your IO set bonuses when you exemp down (which is very very helpful and wouldn't happen otherwise).  Note: Very rare (purple) IOs and PvP IOs keep their set bonuses when you exemp down without needing to be attuned, so don't waste enhancement catalysts on them.  However, you can use enhancement boosters to effectively increase their enhancement level beyond 50 (I generally don't use them before that).  Enhancement catalysts will drop after you hit lvl 50.  Enhancement boosters come in Super Packs or can be purchased with merits.
ATOs are new attuned sets that can only be used by their specified AT.  They are not regular drops, so you have to get them from the Heroes and Villains or Rogues and Vigilantes Super Packs, or buy them with reward merits.  Some of them are ok, some are great, and some can be real game-changers depending on your AT and powersets.  When you get to level 50, you can use enhancement catalysts to upgrade your ATOs into their Superior versions.  Note: In terms of set bonuses, the Superior ATOs and regular ATOs count as separate sets, so if you have 3 superior and 3 regular, you'll get the (2) and (3) bonuses from each, not all the bonuses up to (6).  This can be a useful trick for frankenslotting, but it can also be very frustrating if you don't have enough catalysts to upgrade all of the ATOs you have slotted in a power and you need those higher set bonuses.

Again, I'm not an expert here, so I must add my recommendation to those who have suggested that you look into the Guides for more info, but this should get you started.

Edited by Shocktacular
  • Thumbs Up 2

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

6 hours ago, Stormwalker said:

The truth is - "best" is always subjective. I know some folks who swear that enhancement boosters are a better value than converters, as far as selling them goes. 

Some folks swear running tfs, using the merits for recipes is the easiest way to go. But the math says that it may be easy, but they're paying more from a merit cost than they need to for that simplicity. 

In my opinion, as someone who has amassed a ton of inf: 
Play your character as you see fit. 
Craft all recipe drops when the salvage you need for them drops. If you've outleveled the recipes and that lower level salvage doesn't drop for you, then go ahead and by it, or if you're really frugal, you can just run an ouro arc in that level range until you get the salvage you want. Either way - craft every uncommon and rare and pvp and Very rare recipe you get. 

In some cases, you may want to actually use the crafted IO. In some cases, you don't or can't. So, you can convert it into one you can, or sell as is, or convert it into one that will sell for a better price. The latter is my approach. 

I have an afk farmer. It sits in the map with burn on auto. When the map is clear, I reset it - taking care to craft and convert before I run out of room. Then I stash the ones I want to keep and sell the others. 

I do the same thing on non-farm characters. Craft and convert - keep or sell. This has provided me with all the influence I could ever use, and then some. If I stopped farming and marketing, I could fund all 1000 slots worth of characters at buy it now prices. The bulk of this pile of influence was acquired by placing low bids for level 10 pvp recipes, crafting, and converting them to ones that sell better than others. I make, after all costs, including opportunity cost for converters which I "farm" by recycling my afk-farmers for emp-merits, about 3-5M per IO. Just depends on whether folks bid-creep, or just plunk down 10M or more because they can't be bothered. I have since stopped - except for a couple of days ago when I saw the price of Shield Walls had creeped up over 10M. Had to bring the price back down to 8m. Not that I mind folks paying that much, but it's clear there weren't many to be sold. So, figured I'd replenish some of the supply. 

So, what's better than the Wentworth's train? In some cases, the D-Sync (Hamidon Enhancement similar item) have some that sell for a very pretty penny. Literally 100's of millions of influence. But - they are a crap shoot on whether or not you get gold or trash, and the converters do not work on those enhancements. So, most folks take the merits, because most don't want an acc/mez or similar less useful item. Because of this, the folks who take the risk and choose the d-sync, if they get the good ones, they aren't shy about charging a ton.  More power to 'em. They took the risk. 

But, in my opinion, there's nothing more lucrative than using reward merits to get converters and actually using the converters on your drops. It's faster to actually buy recipes and crafted IOs to convert, but you have to find the right bargains. But you can definitely get rich doing that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Ukase said:

In my opinion, as someone who has amassed a ton of inf: 
Play your character as you see fit. 

This. I amassed my fortune by doing the thing scrappers do best: killin a whole ton of baddies and selling everything for 111 inf.

• Thumbs Up 3

16 hours ago, Stormwalker said:

1). Which secondary sets are the best choices for performance in a low-inf build until I can earn enough to build my characters out properly?  I'd suggest making an alt account or two and making a rad/fire brute or two to afk fire farm. You'll be be able to level it up in the AE and as you level and get influence on it slot it aiming for 45% fire defense and 90% fire resistance. Once you get a good build on it, you can essentially put burn on auto and let patrols come engage you to give you influence. I'll typically do this in the background regardless if I'm leveling an alt or playing a task force as it generates some decent recipe and salvage drops while making influence. This will help set you up to allow you to bankroll other alts.

2).  Best ways to make inf in the current game?  Playing the market. I use the drops I get afk farming and then craft/convert those enhancements to better sellers and sell them. I once took a level 1 character to Wentworth's with the p2w buff that creates inspirations, made them then sold, and bought and resold things until I had made a billion influence as a proof of concept. Learning the market is a great way to stay cash positive. A tip: winter IOs typically sell for half their price around the winter event, so buying a ton of them then and sitting on them until June July and selling in waves is an easy way to double your investment.

3). Any of the newer scrapper sets that i just HAVE to try out?  Scrappers are all right, but make sure to try all the AT's. If you liked scrappers see stalkers they are super beastly right now with their ATOs.

4). What's this "attuned IO" business?  And also ATO's?  Attuned iOS retain their set bonuses and scale throughout the IO's level range, whereas boosted IO's allow you to make an IO stronger than it's lvl 50 version. Both options are mutually exclusive. Archetype Origins, have unique AT interactions that can drastically improve an AT's play style see Stalkers, or Tankers for example.

5). Any other significant changes other than the new powersets I should be aware of? Yes there's a lot of changes under the surface. Read the homecoming patch notes, and note that this server group has been around since the game went dark albeit under a different name, so they've made calculated changes over time, but in the last three years since the rebranding the rate of change has increased a bit. Mind you we're starting to deal with developer and player attrition again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stone Armor for scrappers, is a whole new ballgame.

EnM, EnA, DB, and other sets have many changes and improvements.

Kat/Bio is a tonne or two of fun.

Kat/Ena can be somewhat leveling friendly. 

EnM/Ena is my current monster for soloing the most difficult content.

• Thumbs Up 2

AE 801 (link) is a variety of missions for fun and challenge, and is designed for a team of 5+ Incarnates.  Just search '801' in AE. 

801 Difficulty Varies: 801.0 Easy, ..., 801.2 Standard, ..., 801.5 Hard, ..., 801.8 Extreme, ..., 801.A Epic, ... 801.F Death.

Angel Hornet (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ASF (link)   -   Solo 2-Star ITF (link)

I may be AFK IRL, But CoH is my Forever Home.

19 hours ago, Stormwalker said:

Check out:  

Also, see my signature to get some free seed money from me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

22 hours ago, Stormwalker said:

Welcome home!

Which secondary sets are the best choices for performance in a low-inf build until I can earn enough to build my characters out properly?

You should be able to successfully play the game with just SO's through level 50 if you are playing on 0,1 settings if you are soloing.

I generally don't have problems at the lower levels with just SO at +2, 2 with most archetypes (villain side has more ambushes and so I generally run on +1,1 when I play villains if not teamed up)

As it was on live, if you are teaming, the team synergy often makes up for the need to have more than SOs slotted.

As always, know your limits and don't push yourself too hard  ... aka expect to be able to do more than you can do simply because that is what you want to do. .... if that makes any sense.

Best ways to make inf in the current game?

You have some of the best marketers in the game giving you advice and offering you free "seed" money. Take advantage of it.

The Market/Auction House works the same way as business/markets/stocks do in the real world. Some create products for sale.  Some buy and sell stock. And then there are the Ebil Marketers.

The Market is the best way to make influence in City of Heroes. It has far better returns than farming missions from my point of view, but ...

looney-tunes-speedy-gonzales.gif

Any of the newer scrapper sets that i just HAVE to try out?

I say make at least one of everything, but I try to go at it from a character conception standpoint.

I only have over 100 characters and haven't broken 200 yet so maybe I'm slacking.

I don't know which "side" you are playing on, but you can now play what were villain only archetypes from level 1 on the hero side and vice versa. And that includes the Epic hero and villain archetypes with no need to get a level 50 first.

I do really like the new scrapper ninjitsu secondary

full list is here :: https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Scrapper

Primary Power Sets

A Scrapper's primary power sets are designed specifically for melee. They are:

Battle Axe

Broad Sword

Claws

Dark Melee

Dual Blades

Electrical Melee

Fiery Melee

Katana

Kinetic Melee

Martial Arts

Psionic Melee

Radiation Melee

Savage Melee

Spines

Staff Fighting

Street Justice

Titan Weapons

War Mace

Ice Melee

Energy Melee

Stone Melee

Secondary Power Sets

A Scrapper's secondary power sets are designed for defense. They are:

Bio Armor

Dark Armor

Electric Armor

Energy Aura

Fiery Aura

Invulnerability

Radiation Armor

Regeneration

Shield Defense

Super Reflexes

Willpower

Ice Armor

Ninjitsu

Stone Armor

4). What's this "attuned IO" business?  And also ATO's? 

So you can "attune" enhancement set enhancements. You can buy enhances that are already attuned on the market or you can attune a non-attuned - non-purple enhancement with a catalyst.

Let say you get a drop for a level 20 IO of some type. You create it. Your character is level 20 so you can slot it. You slot it. As you level, it doesn't level with you. It remains level 20.

If you have an enhancement catalyst in salvage, you can go into your slotting/enhancement management screen and then go into the subscreen that you would usually use to combine enhancements. Once you are in that screen, pull the level 20 IO into the tray like you would to combine. You should see the catalyst on the upper left. Drag that down onto the enhancement and it will attune it.

Now when you level up, the "attuned" enhancement's level will change to your current level. It won't show a number. It just does.

You can't slot an attuned enhancement below it's base level, and it won't work if you have it slotted and you are exemplared below the level that it can be slotted.

Attuned enhancements can't be boosted past level 50.

ATO's are Archetype enhancements. So there are one that only can be slotted by Scrappers for examples. There are two sets for each archetype. All of the enhancements for both sets are unique (so you can only slot up to once set of each in a character). They can't be slotted in all powers. They can only be slotted in some primary and secondary powers.

They generally have really good set bonuses, and it seems to me that there is always a sweet point so that it isn't advantageous to put an entire ATO set in any one power.

You can buy these on the market (from me or another seller) or use 100 merits to buy one from a merit vendor.

You can also buy Super Pack: Heroes and Villain and Super Pack: Rogues and Villains and hope that an ATO drops that you need. You can always sell what you don't need, sometimes at a profit. Check info out about the super packs here -- https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Super_Pack

). Any other significant changes other than the new powersets I should be aware of?

Winter Super Packs will apparently never be sold at a discounted price during the Winter Holiday event again. 😞

There have been a large number of significant balance changes.

Sentinel has been added as an Archetype. Blast primary/Armor secondary.

Several new power sets.

Changes to travel powers.

There have been a lot of changes.

I stopped playing a year before the Sunset, and Homecoming was one of those secret servers that has been out there for quite a while, so I don't know exactly what is new other than the whole bunch of stuff that I have seen changed over the last 2 years or so that I've been playing. Not even really sure when I started playing on Homecoming  at this point to be honest.

I'm just glad to be back. I love THE CITY.

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

21 hours ago, biostem said:

I rather like savage melee - it's less about burst damage and more about continuous fast attacks with some DoT mixed in.  Attacks grant an end cost discount and a recharge bonus, which also benefits your secondary powers.

Second. Simple combo, hit 2-3 attacks and use Rend or Hemorrhage (sucks anyway).  As long as you don't hit 5 Blood frenzy, its non stop endurance and recharge buff with no crash (resets when you hit Rend or Hemorrhage).

Suggest Regen, simply because they haven't nerfed it; yet...maybe....Well it could be considered a buff that it wasn't nerfed worse.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

3 minutes ago, Outrider_01 said:

Suggest Regen, simply because they haven't nerfed it; yet...maybe....Well it could be considered a buff that it wasn't nerfed worse.

I rather like regen on my sentinel, but on a scrapper, I'd rather go with radiation, bio, or willpower...  Maybe if you also took fighting and with incarnates, I could see regen holding its own, though...

• Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 4:05 PM, Stormwalker said:

How are Shield and Bio on endurance?  I know the biggest problem with some sets (looking at you, Dark Armor) is that without IO's they're brutal on end.

Bio generates endurance (in  Efficient stance it does even more) and Shield is not particularly endurance hungry.

Nothing slurps down endurance like Dark Armor as goes secondary powersets. But if you want true misery, you could go Rad Melee/ Dark Armor. *shudder*

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/9/2022 at 11:52 AM, Stormwalker said:

So, I played original CoH a lot.  Mostly scrappers, because I love scrappers.

I have re-created three of my old scrappers so far (along with a pair of blasters):

Kitten America (Claws/SR/Super Jump) - now level 22

Impulse Drive (Kinetic/Willpower/Flight) - now level 17

Bladewhisper (Katana/Regen/Super Speed) - now level 2

And I will probably re-create my Dark/Dark as well, and I'm sure more characters will come in time.

1. Secondary sets that are budget friendly. I would say most layered mitigation sets are good budget sets because they do a little of everything, but not necessarily the best at one thing. These are good because you aren’t pigeon holed into one focus when you don’t have a decent budget. Bio armor is a good example of this. It is flexible and offers some of everything. 

That said, I believe there are better secondaries than bio armor. Shield defense also offers a damage boost, and is much tougher than bio when you are able to invest in it. I personally believe shield defense to be the best armor in the game and energy aura to be the runner up.  But that is because they suit my goals well. SR and stone armor are also great. 

2. Best way to make money depends on your goal. Marketing is going to be the best inf/hour. One of the primary methods of marketing is crafting and converting. Farming is another option, but requires specific archetype/builds, with IO investment, and level 50 to reach its full potential. But that can be another good source. I have done all sort of methods and have come to focus on merits -> converters -> inf.  It allows me to run task forces or story arcs and then liquidate my rewards. I personally also find it to be the least boring. And it’s pretty good consistent money. You could easily afford a purpled out build doing this. It would just be a bit slower than marketing/farming.

3. I think the stand out newer sets for scrappers are energy melee and stone armor. I know there were other proliferations and sets, but I think those two are the belle of the ball. 

4. Attuned IOs are awesome. They are made by adding a catalyst to a set IO. However, manually making them attuned is wasteful since the market automatically does it if you bid for an attuned IO instead of a normal one. You can tell they are attuned because they don’t have a level on them. The benefit of attuned IOs is that they level up with you and you keep the set bonuses all the way down to their lowest available level. I slot attuned and never look back. 

ATOs are archetype specific enhancements. They are some of the most powerful sets in the game (although some archetype sets are duds). They have great set bonus usually with some defense, resists, and recharge. They can be catalyzed at level 50 to become purple and have their power and set bonuses increased. They usually try to take an aspect of the archetype and provide a boost to it. For example, the single most overpowered IO in the game (in my opinion) in the Might of the Tanker resist proc. You can triple stack it for 21% resist to all.  Scrappers get increased crit chance procs. Stalkers get a hide proc and a build up recharge proc. Some sets offer a straight damage proc such as one of the blasters sets. These are usually pretty pricey (6-10 million each depending on how patient you are), but are some of the best enahncements you can get. I definitely recommend them for scrappers. 

5.  Lots of changes to the market to increase quality of life and help keep prices down.  There are a lot of quality of life changes to give options to increase leveling speed. Also, you can easily switch alignment with bill the full on pocket d.  A lot of others that I am forgetting. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, Saikochoro said:

bill the full

What tha?

Null_the_Gull.jpg

Null says "My name is not Bill even though I have one."

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Yay another scrap addict. Welcome back. 

Bio and Rad armor sets are both new and pretty fun but hard to make work with costume or theme if they matters for you. 

Energy melee is super fun on a scrapper. When energy transfer crits it is a ton of fun and super giant numbers. The aoe sucks though. 

I enjoy Sentinels as well. They are a lot of fun to play but don’t do great in the damage department. People crap on them but they are still fun to play. If you do try a sent out I suggest going /sr. It’s my favorite on any toon that can get it but it’s especially good on a sent. 

For money, once you hit 50, you can do apex/tin once a day. Quick 80 merits and drops to get incarnate at same time. You can do a lot of other stuff to get money but I like this best as they are fun and quick, lots of avs. 

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Thrax said:

Yay another scrap addict. Welcome back. 

Bio and Rad armor sets are both new and pretty fun but hard to make work with costume or theme if they matters for you. 

Energy melee is super fun on a scrapper. When energy transfer crits it is a ton of fun and super giant numbers. The aoe sucks though. 

I enjoy Sentinels as well. They are a lot of fun to play but don’t do great in the damage department. People crap on them but they are still fun to play. If you do try a sent out I suggest going /sr. It’s my favorite on any toon that can get it but it’s especially good on a sent. 

For money, once you hit 50, you can do apex/tin once a day. Quick 80 merits and drops to get incarnate at same time. You can do a lot of other stuff to get money but I like this best as they are fun and quick, lots of avs. 

Also gives 2 EMP Merits, which turns in for 10 Merits each.  A nice way to get those expensive 100 Merit IOs when wanted.

On 5/10/2022 at 2:05 PM, Outrider_01 said:

Second. Simple combo, hit 2-3 attacks and use Rend or Hemorrhage (sucks anyway).  As long as you don't hit 5 Blood frenzy, its non stop endurance and recharge buff with no crash (resets when you hit Rend or Hemorrhage).

As someone who also recently returned here, and leveled my first hero on it pre-shutdown, I simply have to reply to this.

Current Regen is the nerfed Regen.  Un-nerfed regen was essentially immortality.

51 minutes ago, Gamlain said:

Un-nerfed regen was essentially immortality.

And after all the specific nerfs before, during, and after ED and the GDN, we're right back where we started but even more so. There's a WHOOOOOOLE lotta essentially immortal characters running around now. And an entire AT.

And welcome back!

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Like 1