Which powers would you choose?

If YOU could wake up tomorrow morning with one primary power set and one secondary power set (equivalent to level 50) which ones would you choose? (or would you not want them?)

Give the name of the primary power set and secondary power set and which AT they come from (you would be).  Why would you pick those powers? What would you do with them in our world? You are the only one on the planet with powers.

Also which travel power would you choose?

If we imagine that powers are somewhat loosely interpreted, for one power probably Willpower: extreme healing seems like it would be useful for things like illness, and having a strong mind feels useful for a variety of stuff.  And a rez!  If we're taking the power effects more literally, such that all that the strong mindedness of willpower is actually good for is psi defense and the are no psi attacks, maybe invulnerability instead.

Probably kinetics for the other power set, that's got a heal, some buffs that seem like they'd be useful in non-combat situations, and people would love getting the superjump power.

Teleportation is probably the best choice for travel powers but maybe you need to take flight instead just for the coolness.  Is Mystic Flight an option?

Edited by aethereal
  • Like 1

Shield Defense (Tanker primary) & Empathy (cor, cont, MM). It’s not like I’m going to be attacking anyone in real life. So I want the best set and forget defense as well as being able to heal myself and my family. Shield also grants cover so that’s a plus. 

I would want the shield to be able to be an emblem though (maybe like a watch with a shield face or something like that).  If I had to actually carry around a shield though, then switch that to SR. 

Edited by Saikochoro

For me?  I like the above post about healing and rez lol.  And we pick archetype i suppose.  Cars hurt.  and i love the Tick!  Since Super Strength is F-ed in game (who wants to be weak every two minutes?) I would go Willpower/Energy Melee Tank.  With Fly.  (I always take fly....)

That probably depends—do we get to slot our powers with IO sets, or are we talking SOs…or even unenhanced?

Some of the sets are a lot less useful without a real-world version of the auction house to draw on.

(Then there’s me, driving around town looking for the exploration badges that will get me the 5 reward merits to use to buy enhancement…converters…that don’t exist in real life either.  Damn.  I’m overthinking this again, aren’t I?)

Edited by Zhym

13 minutes ago, Techwright said:

You are seriously the good guy if you're only asking $10/hr with that ability.

My thought process was more that $10 and a nonsense promotion would fly under the radar. I can't have too many people getting suspicious!

• Like 1

Fire Blast/Temporal Manipulation, and probably flight.

While Fly is over-played, it's only because it's THAT useful. Sure in the hell beats waiting in traffic.

Fire for well...fire. Its' offensive capabilities are needed for self-defense or maybe a little strong-arming, and temporal to heal my wounds/rewind myself when needed, or kinda mess with time for a bit whenever it suits me to do so.

As far as what I'd do? Subtly use them for my own personal gain. The hell do I look like? Mother Teresa? 😛

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

Pain/ water defender and if pool powers allowed invisibility, invis others, teleport, teleport other team teleport, If epic powers then dark for the self rez.

I could do a lot of good to help the sick with pain dom and teleport and use water to help with agriculture.  Invisibility will make building up funds for a nonprofit organization easy.  Self rez let’s me do very dangerous things as needed.

Can I cheat and have Gravity Control and Willpower? If not I'd be a Willpower/Psionic Melee Tank. I desparatly need more get-up-and-go and I could grab drinks with my TK. An odd mix of motivation and laziness.

Edited by MrAxe
Not exactly a typist.

I would find it hard to pass up a Dark/* Defender.

Why? Howling Twilight.

Rez and heal a roomful of buddies and leave everyone else dazed and unsure of what happened?

Yes, please!

• Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 5/29/2022 at 5:58 PM, FenrisWolf44 said:

If YOU could wake up tomorrow morning with one primary power set and one secondary power set (equivalent to level 50) which ones would you choose? (or would you not want them?)

Give the name of the primary power set and secondary power set and which AT they come from (you would be).  Why would you pick those powers? What would you do with them in our world? You are the only one on the planet with powers.

I would have to go with a gravity/nature controller, with mystic flight.  If we had finer control over our powers, besides the explicit individual powers from the game, I could do anything from construction, to rescue, to cleaning up the environment...

If YOU could wake up tomorrow morning with one primary power set and one secondary power set (equivalent to level 50) which ones would you choose?

I'm not that choosey. 

Give me whatever powers, and I'll make do.

Why would you pick those powers?

1*Q9dN5oPElWqDVHW97IPezw.jpeg

What would you do with them in our world?

It would depend upon the power sets and AT that I was gifted with.

But I wouldn't be using my powers to rob banks or wantonly to cause carnage.

You are the only one on the planet with powers.

Dr7iz3mU4AAtCTY.jpg

Once again, I would enjoy having any of them, but, I must say, that flight often seems to be the best pick for several reasons.

I personally really like super leap, but that's practically flying these days when used for actual travel purposes.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 5/29/2022 at 9:25 PM, Sovereigne said:

Mind control. I want a $10/hour raise.

dr-evil-one-billion-dollars.gif

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Well... something that lets me live forever and stay healthy... willpower or regen.  And something that I can use to get my boys to clean the basement.  I find sonic powers work well for this but I'm open to suggestions.  I'm also thinking of a cold epic powerset so I can keep my sodas cold and hibernate at will.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Storm Summoning primary and Invulnerability secondary... as a sentinel.  Yes, I know storm summoning isn't a blast set.  I'll get by with changing the weather and blasting people with wind and calling down the lightning storm if I need it.  I'd probably use my powers to go where I want and do what I want and ruin picnics, weddings, and various people I don't like.  On a positive note, I could break up the summer heatwaves with overcast skies and dropping a snowstorm if it's really, really hot.

For travel power, I'd choose teleportation.  Flight sounds nice, but I really don't want to have to deal with air traffic... or being mistaken for a bird or a plane by people with low perceptive skills on the ground.

Edited by Player2

Warshade! Triform of course.

What would I do with it all? IDK, I'll find a purpose. somewhere 😉

• Thumbs Up 1

"What are dominators... Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."