Worst Melee - Choose wisely, punish Troo

Troo

49 minutes ago, arcane said:

I think you just want a melee AT primary/secondary.

Yes.

Tossing in a pool or two is okay. I'll need a little room to make stuff work. Blasters, Defenders, etc need not apply.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1 minute ago, Troo said:

I'll need a little room to make stuff work.

23 hours ago, Troo said:

While we wait for the next release I am looking for a new project.

Suggestions on the worst Primary/Secondary/Pool/etc combos someone should at least try? Tanker, Brute, Stalker, Scrapper,

No conditions. I'll play one.

No conditions!  No room!  Troo must suffer!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, arcane said:

Uh, yeah, in any discussion of Electric melee’s shortcomings, Stalkers don’t count

My Electric Melee/Stone Brute seems quite functional, though to be fair, it is the first time I have ever enjoyed Electric Melee enough to stick with it to level 50.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

I keep reading this thread and I feel a latex suit, a ball gag, and a cat o nine tails is really what your seeking.

Do I deserve to be punished.. likely.

Finding a challenging melee combo is elusive. There are mostly a lot of good combos which become a cake walk. Looking for the odd or difficult combos.

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

23 hours ago, Troo said:

Do I deserve to be punished.. likely.

Finding a challenging melee combo is elusive. There are mostly a lot of good combos which become a cake walk. Looking for the odd or difficult combos.

I’d say if you choose anything but non-Stalker Kinetic Melee then you’re obviously not trying hard enough to pick a bad combo, but I’m still not sure about what AT and armor set would be worst. I’d say Scrapper without a taunt aura if that annoys the hell out of you but Brute if you’re going to get too much KM damage with a Scrapper. There’s no bad armor sets in this game, but Regen or Electric Scrapper seem like they’ll be good choices for you. Scrapper/Stalker Ice Armor is certainly way too good for this, and /Fire would distract from KM’s bad damage

Edited by arcane
  • Thumbs Up 1

@arcane Kinetic Melee paired with a resistance based armor on a Scrapper seems logical.

@Cutter@InvaderStych Regen = Troo, regen + redraw makes sense.. but really regen isn't that many clicks once someone gets the hang of it.

@Yomo Kimyata@Bionic_Flea Self gimping with no powers that take damage enhancements.. oh the patience.

@DougGraves "dark armor/martial arts.  You won't be defeated, but neither will your foes" Tanker.. single target makes sense. @Snarky Dark too strong?

@catsi563 "Ekectric melee with super reflexes" Considering Elec Melee, SR is just too strong.

@Greldek "Axe / dark armor." I have a Ice/Axe unicorn that does better than expected. Considering Axe / Dark.. Scrapper, Brute? Give STALKERS BATTLE AXE !!

"Kinetic Melee/Willpower Scrapper with Force of Will, Teleportation, Presence, Flight, and Weapons Mastery." Oof.. this is a finalist. I may take one to 35-40 just to see.

"Fire/Ice scrapper with Medicine, Experimentation, Leadership, Leaping and Weapon Mastery." Another finalist, already to 19. @Bill Z Bubba

"Kinetic Melee / Regen Scrapper." Alright, this is a finalist.. just out of spite! 😜

On 6/6/2022 at 7:51 AM, The_Warpact said:

latex suit, a ball gag, and a cat o nine tails

I think I can make this costume.

Edited by Troo
  • Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Snarky said:

Dark is way too strong.   Kinetic Melee is a set I have run and it truly stinks.  I paired it with Regen because anything you use besides it lessens its damage, including clicking heals

Dark is terrible.  IOs are strong and make Dark work.

Play Dark without IOs and you can't even run all of your status protection without running out of END.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, DougGraves said:

Dark is terrible.  IOs are strong and make Dark work.

Play Dark without IOs and you can't even run all of your status protection without running out of END.

Dark regularly makes the top half of Armor lists.  Sure, if you want to gimp something you can run anything and use dual origins all the way to 50.

It’s possible that a /Dark Scrapper could make the shortlist here with lower res caps, but I doubt it because Dark Regeneration is too good. Once you’re a Brute or Tanker with higher resistance caps it really takes off and leaves any problems in the dust. I’ll maintain that /Electric Scrapper would be hardest along with /Regen here because /Dark’s heal is too good and /Fire’s damage is too good. 

Worst melee?  Whip melee/kinetics mastermind, no pets.  Kind of like the Guardian AT.  Pool powers to suit?

I have considered this AT myself, but I haven't had time to put it into practice.

• Haha 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

23 hours ago, Troo said:

@arcane Kinetic Melee paired with a resistance based armor on a Scrapper seems logical.

@Cutter@InvaderStych Regen = Troo, regen + redraw makes sense.. but really regen isn't that many clicks once someone gets the hang of it.

@Yomo Kimyata@Bionic_Flea Self gimping with no powers that take damage enhancements.. oh the patience.

@DougGraves "dark armor/martial arts.  You won't be defeated, but neither will your foes" Tanker.. single target makes sense. @Snarky Dark too strong?

@catsi563 "Ekectric melee with super reflexes" Considering Elec Melee, SR is just too strong.

@Greldek "Axe / dark armor." I have a Ice/Axe unicorn that does better than expected. Considering Axe / Dark.. Scrapper, Brute? Give STALKERS BATTLE AXE !!

"Kinetic Melee/Willpower Scrapper with Force of Will, Teleportation, Presence, Flight, and Weapons Mastery." Oof.. this is a finalist. I may take one to 35-40 just to see.

"Fire/Ice scrapper with Medicine, Experimentation, Leadership, Leaping and Weapon Mastery." Another finalist, already to 19. @Bill Z Bubba

"Kinetic Melee / Regen Scrapper." Alright, this is a finalist.. just out of spite! 😜

I think I can make this costume.

Pics or it didn't happen. 

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

18 minutes ago, Jiro Ito said:

Worst melee?  Whip melee/kinetics mastermind, no pets.  Kind of like the Guardian AT.  Pool powers to suit?

I have considered this AT myself, but I haven't had time to put it into practice.

Nothing with Kinetics can ever be the worst anything. I like where your head’s at but try again on the secondary 🙂 

10 minutes ago, arcane said:

Nothing with Kinetics can ever be the worst anything. I like where your head’s at but try again on the secondary 🙂 

well I wanted it to be playable haha

the worst-worst would be whip melee/force field

• Like 1

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

On 6/6/2022 at 7:28 PM, Bojutsu said:

I have a kin/bio scrapper that I enjoy a lot 

/bio isn't allowed when talking about worst.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Just now, Jiro Ito said:

well I wanted it to be playable haha

the worst-worst would be whip melee/force field

Give it Mako Knockout Blow as an extra consolation melee power and I think we have a winner 🙂

at least you get the mez protection bubble!

• Haha 1